It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS out to get Alex Jones?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Here's what I don't get:

Why soo many people believed that Charlie Sheen actually got 20 minutes to interview Obama in the first place.

That alone should have told people it was fake before the disclaimer thing showed up.

AJ did this on purpose. The guy had more than enough time to realize there wasn't a disclaimer attached to it explaining it was fake. Nothing more than a publicity stunt and people are mad because it makes us all look bad when people like him deliberately do things like that.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by nightmare_david]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

For me it has nothing to do with AJ. I'm not a fan of his to begin with. I personally did read the article before the disclaimer came up. I guess I didn't feel duped when I found out it was fiction because I never put much into it in the first place.

I did go to his site and read the article, so I guess in a way he got more traffic. I usually don't even visit his site at all, even if someone links it.

It's the response to it from ATS that I found disturbing. And that has nothing at all to do with AJ. It became an all out personal attack. If people had stuck with the actual issue of things, then I'd probably not be posting this right now. But it went well beyond that, and it was promoted to going beyond that by ATS.

But just look at some of the responses in this thread. I can't even point these things out without people equating and assuming that I must be some kind of AJ fan who is blind and listens to him religiously.

It's the same kind of crap I found myself dealing with when I was against the Iraq war back before it started. Even though I'm a strict constitutionalists, the same exact thing was done to me then. I was a liberal, pinko commie and many worse names than that - all because I was against the war and thought the actions were wrong - pre-emptive strikes I am 100% against, it means you are the aggressor.

But in that time, could I really get any intelligent debate, any intelligent responses? Did anyone really think critically about it? No. Instead of that, it was always reduced into this extremely stupid way of associating me with the "other side" by default. Meanwhile, they all focus on the wrongs of the "other side" as justification for any actions they take.

It didn't matter how much I pointed out how screwed up our response to things was. If I was against the war, then I was on the "their side".

I saw a flashback of that kind of thinking yesterday. And from people who are supposedly and claim to be "awake". Add on ATS supporting and promoting it, and the entire thing is just disturbing.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
There is an old saying, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".

Here are the facts, somehow this fictitious interview got placed on Alex Jones website. What happened to deny ignorance? Two things could have happened.

1) Alex or somebody working with him placed the fictitious interview on his page knowing it was not real. I don't care about the disclaimer, the interview didn't take place.

2) Alex or somebody working with him didn't check the background of this interview before placing it on site for the public to view.

Either way, this is not a place where I want to get my information from.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Armour For Victor

It is.

We've proven numerous internet rumours and conspiracies to be hoaxes. The infamous HAARP doctor comes to mind, which other forums attacked us for finding out the "doctor" was a fraud.

The other was Project SERPO.

On the current radar plotting, we've butchered the Blossom Child and Galatic Federation. Another classic example of ATS working together to debunk

Well this is good to know for further refrences, although I was not a part of this so I will hold my claims as such, until I come to find this to be truth on my own. Thanks!

Peace!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
Jones has messed up before and been called a shill and a huckster many times here on ATS. Like I say, I'm not a fan, although for most of the dullards infesting this board, the idea that I could simultaneously be not a fan but still appalled by what ATS has done is too much to handle.

...appalled?... my goodness, you need to get outside more if silly stuff like this appalls you..

Ok, try and imagine the flip-side. Assuming he posted the interview as factual on purpose, how did Jones think he was going to avoid an embarrassing climbdown?

...the stunt was a marketing technique - and - if alex was worried about being embarrassed, he wouldnt be making all those videos or have his little show...

It just makes more sense to me that it was a mistake

...uh-huh, okay, well, thanks for sharing...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
All I have to say is this; Infowars is a fact based website...ATS is not! Anyone whose spent enough time on this site to discern credibility from non-credible, well, you know that unfortunately this site does suffer from dis-info, and that there probably are agents of government using this site to tarnish good'ol AJ's name.
It's obvious that the people visiting this site for conspiracy and possible fact, frequent his site as well to get the 'actual' 411 on such topics as politics, worldly affairs and the agenda of TPTB.

So, if you think the people posting all this crap about AJ being a sellout, and a fraud, or using this as some sort of parody of all his years of hard work, well, shame on you for buying into the bull$hit so easily. Then, ask yourself why CS would do such a thing to his less than credible history!?

[edit on 9-9-2009 by banegame]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by banegame

First, I'm not interested in tarnishing anyone's name. In fact, I thought the letter was well written and made good points, althought it did read like a script.

My only "issue" is the methods by which to pitch this latest 9/11 thrust. Hype is not necessarily a bad thing, but using deceipt to promite something only to "explain" it away later as an accident just didn't sit well with me. And deleting posts only reinforced that somebody got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

If CS could actually score an interview like this, sure it would be great. But, I think this was nothing more than a stunt was unintended consequences trying to once again bring light to the 9/11 truth movement and facts that are contrary to the official story.

But, if Jones keeps precipiating this notion that it is perfectly o.k. to create hype under the guise of reality when, in fact, the premise is based on a fictional story, then sure you're going to get a lot of people outside the community going "huh?".

"Truthers" and the turth movement already have a bad name and this could potentially hurt future endeavors.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well, this just shows how simple minded we are.

We need to learn from this incident.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
S&F, Alex is one of the only people fighting, kicking and screaming for us, trying to inform every person he can of ACTUAL news and information (some may argue he has other intentions but for me the evidence remains to be seen). Every other major news outlet has an agenda to grab your attention and focus it away from what is really pertinent (internationally) and force the opinions of their journalists in a rather deceptive way (again some may argue that AJ does that but not in my opinion). I just don't get it though.. as soon as AJ slips up under the bus he goes every critic of his is foaming at the mouth ready to tear him a new one, I just don't get why people don't get that mad at Glenn beck or any other corporate mocking bird.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I was made aware of the Sheen "interview" through all the outrage on ATS and I felt the same exact way - "Great going, Jones, thanks for demolishing _any_ credibilty you, and by extension a whole movement of truth-seeking individuals will ever have."

Until I actually read it.
It was pretty obvious to me, after reading, that it was fictional. It might be possible that my already knowing it was fake had something to do with it, but I am highly doubtful. It seemed incredibly obvious that the interview never took place and probably never will. Not having a blatant disclaimer somewhere was a pretty stupid move, though. Or if they at least would have posted it in the opinions section or something.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
A window of opportunity opened for ATS to broadcast a negative message about Alex Jones, seized the opportunity, and added some spin to boot.

Excellent post OP, and great work defending your arguments. Solid.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by harrytuttle]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
There are a couple of serious points here, you know.

First, is it right that ATS admin should use their power (the power of group emails!) in this way?

Second, does no-one here understand the difference between negligence and intent? A hoax is perpetrated with intent. If you want to "prove" it's a hoax, you have to "prove" intent. And no-one has done that.

No-one seems to have noticed as they're all too busy jumping on the bandwagon. It's pathetic.

I would be inclined to agree were it not for the fact that the subject matter and assertions in it were so earth shaking I simply cannot buy into the idea that he overlooked stating that it was a fictional encounter. And his building up anticipation for it by saying it was his biggest story ever... that points to intent right there.

I publish things on a daily basis, and that isn't even a rookie mistake.
It was a stunt that went poof in his own face.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I don't think that anyone got fooled by the Charlie Sheen interview, that's the whole thing.

Alex Jones promoted this as the "biggest story he;s ever done in fourteen years."

BIGGEST STORY.

In the end, what we get was a fictional interview.

That's why people are angry. We got screwed over by Alex Jones, and his whole thing of, "the media will go with this and it'll be huge" is a joke.

As one thread put it, he damaged our credibility. We have people on here that doubt the validity of 9/11. His whole shenanigans has damaged some of that credibility we've built upon.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
After making this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... and it being closed within minutes I would say yes. Yes there is an agenda on here against AJ. Not sure if it is the members, the owners or an influence on the members from the owners. Sorry it's how I feel.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by and14263]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Wait a minute, there's not an agenda.

It's just that if more topics of the same thing pop up, where does it stop?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto

Maybe I'm being too harsh. Although more threads have popped up since. I guess I'm smarting... not a smart move.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well, if you think you have a unique toss up of what is happening, definitely post it.

I just think some people are angry, while others are more hesitant on what will happen.

I'll say that I'm angry. I felt we were taken for our money. Biggest story...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Yeah!

Everyone is totally out to get Alex Jones...

..or maybe they're mad because they got fooled by a con artist.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Does anyone recall that the DISCLAIMER was always on the .pdf version of Sheen's document - which was always available on www.infowars.com

How can anyone cry HOAX when the disclaimer was alway there? It would have been a real hoax if neither the website nor the .pdf had the disclaimer and THEN it was exposed as a work of fiction; [but that was never the case]. What many are also choosing to ignore is that the disclaimer was always available on the official .pdf version of the document from the first second that the story was posted.

For those that think Alex is a hoaxer - please explain why he would intentionally omit a disclaimer on his site and (at the same time) include the disclaimer on the .pdf?

It seems like more of an unintentional mistake than anything sinister.

Haters calm down - Jones is an ally not an enemy. Please focus your attention on the real hoaxers instead - that's what the 20 min. letter is all about anyhow.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto

You'll have to explain the DOZENS of posts flaming AJ that have been allowed to remain....

You all really need to look beyond the surface of ATS.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join