It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Has Finally Lost It--His Credibility And Damaged Ours

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

But is that really the case? Other than on ATS, are there other people talking about this? ATS isn't the world, so even if every single person on ATS who listens to him suddenly stopped, I don't think it would impact him too much.

Also, the question has yet to be asked: What if the rare possibility came true and Obama was interviewed? That would be interesting, to say the least.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well give a huckster enough rope and eventually he will hang himself. Alex Jones proves that nicely.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have just been to the info wars website, first time viewer and last time as well. As for the ATS affiliation, and with the ongoing arguments of the 9/11 conspiracy being a "FACTUAL" event of the US Gov. how in the world could this propose to damage us here at the ATS forums?
He has made his first and last impression on me, I have no time for individuals of such out right elude and disrespectful acts of dis-info as has been displayed by Alex.
I have been coming to these forums with the full understanding that if I had posted something that was either falsified or out right hoaxed, my personal credibility is hence for Sh*# around here. Err go Alex's open out right act of some kind of mental breakdown for having done so.
Where the ATS family comes in is still bewildering as of right now to me, because I hold the individual responsible for such thing's, not an outside group with the interests of finding truth and perseverance to get the facts straight.
No matter how this may end up following the ATS forums, I would never get my information from a man that apparently has psychological issues such as Alex Jones.
I am an '06 member, I have came to far to think that a convoluted individual, that have never seen or website I have never visited before today will effect my over all views of these forums.
If there is more at risk than what I have seen or read thus far, please notify me why this is so incriminating for the ATS forums?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Faiol
are u guys beeing paid to not present all the FACTS?

For nearly two hours, the interview was presented as having actually happened. The captured original page is here, which makes no mention of an "open letter." When combined with Alex's hype of a big event the previous day, the result is exceedingly disingenuous.

And even with nearly two hours of comments applauding the interview on their own site, there was no correction or apology from InfoWars.com... indicating purposeful deception.

Yeah it was a deception, but the government has done it, and AJ
stooped to their level.

The media has done it and AJ stooped to their level.

AJ just wants the key info out and he thought this was one way
to get the attention of lots of ppl around the world.

If it manages to stir up enough trouble to trigger a new investigation
then it did its job at the price of credibility.

If AJ cared what ppl thought of him, he would have quit his show
long long long ago.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
In my personal opinion, the ends do not justify the means, and two wrongs do not make a right.

No matter how much publicity this garners, no matter how many more people might, potentially, be exposed to alternative ideas and thoughts as a result of this gimmick, dishonesty is still dishonesty, and deception is still deception.

In my view, you cannot espouse the sanctity of truth while telling lies, however well intentioned. For me, that is the crux of the matter.

I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. I truly do understand that the impact of this stunt may be to enlighten a few more people about the inconsistencies of the official 9/11 story, but as I said on my own site today...when dealing with a sensitive topic such as 9/11, it was a poor choice to address what many see as a cover-up with more deception.

Not impressed. Not surprised.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
reply to post by schrodingers dog

But is that really the case? Other than on ATS, are there other people talking about this? ATS isn't the world, so even if every single person on ATS who listens to him suddenly stopped, I don't think it would impact him too much.

Well, I don't know this for sure, but it seems to me that the CT community is rather esoteric in regards to AJ. What I mean is the folks who seem the most upset are the one's who pay his bills. If after this initial fracas they and the rest of the web CT community hold this against him and tune out, it would hardly have been worth it no?

Also, the question has yet to be asked: What if the rare possibility came true and Obama was interviewed? That would be interesting, to say the least.

As per usual ... expectations are the building blocks of disappointment.

Hopefully, at least that lesson must be learned.

[edit on 8 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Three more days of Charlie Sheen?
I can just watch him on TV and understand my damn 9-11 evidence.
I'm saddened by this, but all could be for something great. If Obama were ever to reopen 9-11 and start a new investigation. Grasping for straws here...
Blah...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
even if the disclaimer:
" Author’s Note: What you have just read didn’t actually happen… yet.

This is an open letter to the President requesting a new investigation.

Charlie Sheen. "
wasn't there in the original posting, it should have taken an intelligent person a few minutes, if any, to realize it was a fictional interview to re-raise issues regarding the possible 9-11 false flag/cover-up...

Before you re-post or spread any "news" you've heard, whether it's regarding a "conspiracy" or today's traffic report, it is always a smart decision to research the truth of it yourself.
Taking another's word for it without researching on your own makes you no different than the "blind sheeple" you are so ready to criticize for believing whatever the authority and those in power tell them to believe...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
First caller- Alex let him go to the front of the line. The guy was very mad and told alex he would not recommend his show anymore. He also accused Alex of being a Neo-con. Ofcourse alex cut him off and started going off on other subjects. WHAT A SURPRISE!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
its not a hoax if it says under the interview that its fake
everyone is just mad that after reading that amazing interview that it actually didnt happen
stop bringin down alex jones
he knows what hes doing and hes doing a good job of leading the truth movement
honestly this is no big deal everyone is freaking out
so everyone just chill the **** out you sound ridiculous this is not a big deal

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by talisman
The fact the interview was PUT UP WITHOUT A DISCLAIMER FOR OVER 9() minutes.

Now that it is fact that Mr. Jones allowed for the piece of folly to be passed off as news for 90 minutes before providing a disclaimer of the true nature of the interview; isn't that walking the line of Libel? I am familiar with Libel from a novice's standpoint, because of a Media Law class from college, but isn't this sham now a legal matter with the fact that it was passed off as news on his website which has international appeal?

See, where I see the problem, is that they provided the President's answers to Sheen's questions as if they had an actual meeting and had it published for 90 minutes without a disclaimer! Now if it were a list of Sheen's questions for the President without the mock answers by President Obama, I would see no problem, but to pass it off with answers and for a 90 minute span with out a disclaimer, that is Libel. Alex Jones ought to be slapped with a lawsuit. I understand President Obama is a public figure and is held to different standards by the media than a private citizen. But Sheen and Jones made up his answers to their questions and published it as fact for 90 minutes. It made its way to the public domain as fact and that is Libel. Here is the Supreme Court ruling on Libel:

Although libel is defined under state case law or statute, the U.S. Supreme Court has enumerated some First Amendment protections that apply to matters of public concern. In New York Times Co. v. Sullivan, the Court held that in order to recover damages a public person (as a celebrity or politician) who alleges libel (as by a newspaper) has to prove that ``the statement was made with `actual malice' -- that is, with knowledge that it was false or with reckless disregard of whether it was false or not'' in order to recover damages.

dictionary.lp.findlaw.com.../626991787281dec90623b89f93d49694

*Tried accessing the link and there appears to be a problem, just click the link and put the word "Libel." in the browser on the page to see the source. Sorry for any inconvenience.*

I think Mr Jones and Sheen, and their recent media deception, meet the aforementioned criteria quite well. What do you think?

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
However you look at it, Alex Jones has successfully grabbed all of your attention quite well. The top threads are about this and nothing else at the moment. I think his tactic worked well in that many people got to read through all of the main unexplained facts that were missed in the 9/11 investigation.

This is no different than a singer's clothing malfunction or an actor's private sex tape. It's guerrilla marketing and it works. It might leave a bad taste in your mouth but, the information got across whether you like it or not.

I am not in favor of the tactics but can at least see that they were deployed effectively. Alex Jones wasn't liked much to begin with, you think he's worried that you don't like him now? His passion is to convey the info and he did just that.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
o so the word "yet" is the thing that makes him an angel ey?
this IS NOT THE WAY! he will not go anywhere with this,he will just damage the conspiracy believers reputation

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well you know, I never liked the guy. I thought he was a nutcase. Now I'm beginning to find a bit of a soft spot for this one. He's hinting that he might actually be sane afterall.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FightThePower
its not a hoax if it says under the interview that its fake
everyone is just mad that after reading that amazing interview that it actually didnt happen
stop bringin down alex jones
he knows what hes doing and hes doing a good job of leading the truth movement
honestly this is no big deal everyone is freaking out
so everyone just chill the **** out you sound ridiculous this is not a big deal

Dude, it IS a BIG DEAL when it wasn't purported that this was a fake interview for nearly 1-1/2 hours. I call it FRAUD!

Get it?

Right now, I have no tolerance for AJ supporters.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TommyG
However you look at it, Alex Jones has successfully grabbed all of your attention quite well. The top threads are about this and nothing else at the moment. I think his tactic worked well in that many people got to read through all of the main unexplained facts that were missed in the 9/11 investigation.

This is no different than a singer's clothing malfunction or an actor's private sex tape. It's guerrilla marketing and it works. It might leave a bad taste in your mouth but, the information got across whether you like it or not.

I am not in favor of the tactics but can at least see that they were deployed effectively. Alex Jones wasn't liked much to begin with, you think he's worried that you don't like him now? His passion is to convey the info and he did just that.

So, it's OK to lie and cheat as long as you "get the message out". My question is, when Alex talks of honor, honesty and thruth what the hell is he talking about? What about the 9-11 truther's that will now have to answer for Alex's deception? Alex will continue on but not with my support.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TommyG
However you look at it, Alex Jones has successfully grabbed all of your attention quite well. The top threads are about this and nothing else at the moment.

Not all of us listened to his clip, or his show, so it only worked for regular listeners.

Alex jones is a conman, and should be avoided like most of the truthers pretending to speak for all of us.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I saw the post yesterday about the "big announcement" here on ATS... and for the very first (AND LAST) time I went to his site.

I see now why any posts which reference his site are banned from freerepublic.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Has Alex Jones ever done anything tactful and not offensive? The guy is a mad man, all I am saying is that behind all of this blunder, the real information is there for people to find out more about the events of 9/11.

I think its great that it has stirred up this much controversy and I bet he is as well. We can't let 9/11 fall asleep. That's what the problem is.

Were you this mad when the US government lied about the whole 9/11 event?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
im glad he has done something really stupid and truely woke people up to the fact he is the biggest shill out their!

he is all about money and has invented this whole borderline religion based around paranioa and fear, where he is the voice of reason.

i wish more people woudl see through his poop

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join