It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Has Finally Lost It--His Credibility And Damaged Ours

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Here is a utube video of Alex explaining why this was done this way. www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I dunno, the way ATS is parading this topic around and promoting it is kind of fishy and loses a bit of credibility.

First, I got a U2U about it. Now, the original thing without the disclaimer is being linked to at the top of every page.

ATS - the mods/owners and so forth have really made an effort to make this event known. As if ATS has never made a mistake in the technical side of things they do.

I'm not even an Alex Jones fan, but I recognize a witch hunt and mob with pitchforks and torches when I see it.

Something stinks. It's also pretty much why I would never want to be famous in anyway. A bunch of people sitting around expecting you to be perfect 100% of the time, while at the same time ignoring that they themselves make mistakes from time to time.

If it had been CNN that posted a story and then later added an edit - would it be receiving this kind of attention? Links all over the site and so forth?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Did you just make me watch an ad for Silver Solution?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

not to be bitchy - but the notion that mr jones ever had a shred of credibility is laughable

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Because they are distancing themselves from him. He screwed up. He got caught lying. They don't want near that.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CUBD1

He's putting the information out there -- and I don't see the "fake interview" as that big of a deal. It might get people to notice.

Jones on his show right now is saying Charlie wanted to write something to get people to "notice", so maybe that was the motive. Try something to get some buzz.

It's just NOT a big deal. We're missing the bigger point here, which is to GET THE TRUTH OUT.

Many if not most people who frequent Alex Jones site and/or ATS already KNOW the truth. So what do you mean "get the truth out"? To whom?? You think MSM will pick up this 'hoax' and talk about Charlie Sheen's involvement to the minion? You gotta be kidding me.

This was a huge let down and the last thing we needed was to be disappointed in someone we believed represented our best interest and we certainly weren't prepared (nor deserve) any type of life-lesson. We're all tired, some scared and many hopeless right now (pre-hoax, I mean) so we just did NOT need this absolute BS from AJ. I personally will never visit his site again in fact, have deleted him from my bookmark for he doesn't deserve such privilege.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

Something stinks. It's also pretty much why I would never want to be famous in anyway. A bunch of people sitting around expecting you to be perfect 100% of the time, while at the same time ignoring that they themselves make mistakes from time to time.

Wait wait wait ...

HE promoted this as the biggest thing he's ever done and that it will blow the universe away and be national news today. HE did that not ATS. Imho ATS members and admin were one of the quickest to debunk his whole Sheenanigan.
(tm pending)

So, he promotes it ... he LIES about it it ... we debunk it.

No one expects anyone to be perfect, but at least be truthful when you're shining your own spotlight on yourself.

So yes, something stinks ... and it's coming from HIM.

[edit on 8 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I know what you are saying.

The credibility I speak of, is that Alex did HELP open the eyes of alot of people in his early days.

I got my start by listening to him with a grain of salt ofcourse. But this is just ridiculous.

You don't start a truth movement with a lie.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Who cares about Alex Jones. If everyone was putting all of their hopes into this boisterous man...well then you were lost to begin with.

He's a propaganda machine...just like Beck, Hannity, Schultz, Olbermann...etc.

Jones profits just like the rest of them. I don't see all of his profits going to charity for the greater good....nor do I see any of the others listed giving up all their money...or stocks.

It's about money...it always will be.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Alex Jones is a businessman just like everyone he fights against. He fights propaganda with more propaganda, fear mongering with more fear. And now; a self admitted liar. He is trying to make a living out of us, not fight for us. If the truth ever came out, and the fighting stopped poor Alex would actually have to do something with his life.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
My tribute to Mr. Alex Jones: Deceiver by Disturbed

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Exactly how has he lost his credibility? I assume this comes from the same mentality that our leaders are obviously liars and are pissy that they won't admit to it? Isn't that what liars do? Not admit? Yet it's not enough that Alex admits to this interview being staged, is it? Most likely since it was at the end of the article, and in one single sentence. But there it is, plain as day, for all to read if they choose to be thorough. Doesn't the very definition of credibility itself refer to the objective and subjective components of the believability of a source or message? So what if he played devil's advocate? I see his point in doing what he did, by playing out what is believed to be Obama's replies if the interview does in fact take place, thereby forcing Obama to give us better answers that the typical politicians give so as not to end up sounding predictable by way of this mock interview. Ok, so it's not how you would have preferred it to be, last time I checked we didn't have to run it by you to get it approved for arguments sake, but it is a way to play against the usual word games used in politics. No matter how displaced someone may think the mock interview was, it is hardly discrediting to anything but the readers' ability to be well-informed rather than be taken by the information one glosses over without attention to detail

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
So there you have it from AJ himself. It was not an accident it was intentional. He purposely mislead people in order for him to get more attention.

Just watch the video posted above and you can see the words come out of his mouth. NOT A MISTAKE!!! That is also why he put the disclaimer at the end and not the beginning. He said that as well.

I for one don't like tactics like this and it's pretty obvious from the comments in this thread that most people feel the same. If you have a smoking gun or some sort of amazing evidence then people will listen, but getting people to pay attention to you by doing things like this I belive pushes more people away than it draws in.

And what happens if Alex ever does have some important information? Most people will say "Alex Jones? Wasn't he that guy that put out that fake interview with Obama? No thanks, I'd rather watch a reality show."

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by magnusfrater

Welcome to ATS ... I see this is your first post ... what a coinkidinkie.

Just in time to defend Blossom's credibility ... it was only a matter of time really.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Call me cynical, but it was just like his last huge breaking story... the guy has no credibility and Im getting a little sick and tired of listening to the bull# come out of his mouth... I agree... he's nothing more than a tabloid salesman... and a bad one at that...

What next for AJ? "Huge Breaking Story... Alex Jones is a LOSER!"

Dave

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I don't think damaging credibility should be much of a problem for ATS. Think about it, even the members consider this the tinfoil hat crowd.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw

Yea. Standard excuse for any smart person with his hand caught in the cookie jar. "I meant it that way." if you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think that this is a classic example of how quick people are to disregard all that Alex Jones has done in the past to get facts and confront the wrongs in favor of immediately shooting off their mouths when their personal expectations of instant euphoria weren't met.

And I don't see how the actions of Alex Jones affect the credibility of anyone else. I cant believe the childishness I saw today.

What the hell did you think he was going to do?

Storm the whitehouse, destroy the US Military and hang the fed by it's balls?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Alex Jones had credibility? Really? When?

This is news to me, as I always saw him as a money grubbing fanatical nut. Basically, the conspiracy theorist's televangelist.

About the only really useful thing he ever did was break into Bohemian Grove. The other 99% is mostly or completely useless.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I'm not a fan of his to begin with. Nobody ever has any credibility with me, other than what they are saying at the time.

It's the reaction of it all that I find disturbing - on many levels. Far more than I really care to post at the moment, but the way people react only goes to show that people do actually "believe" what other say and so forth, which is a huge mistake in itself. The entire credibility thing only matters in that way.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join