It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Has Finally Lost It--His Credibility And Damaged Ours

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
reply to post by AceWombat04

It's a Picasso quote. I'll give an example. Take the movie the Matrix. That movie is in itself a "lie". However, while the movie, the people, the events and so forth are all a lie, it uncovers and reveals many truths about society.

Thus, the artist tells a lie in order to reveal the truth.

I don't think it applies here because it was an error, not something artistic, but I thought it was important to point out in response to the other poster. Many times lies are used in order to bring out the truth.

I agree. I just don't think that it is exclusively or universally the case of all art. Also, I don't think metaphor is a lie per se. It is a different version of the truth, as truth is subjective (again, in my opinion.) Or, rather, it is an expression of the truth as the artist knows it. Am I lying if I write a song expressing something that I believe to be true, only to find out later that I was incorrect at the time? Etc.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I still don't agree. The matrix is a film not a lie.

Posting a made up interview as a real interview is a lie.

I also don't think it was a mistake that the disclaimer wasn't given for over an hour and that it currently appears after the "interview" and not before.

His intention was to gain attention, but the only thing he is bringing any attention to is his credability.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

The CT community should have NEVER have trusted the shister to begin with. It's painfully obvious what he was on about. Why else do you think every inch that he can be used for advertisements was?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
You know ...

We can keep breaking this down a million different ways, but the unescapable fact is this:

TODAY IS A SAD DAY FOR ALL CONSPIRACY THEORISTS

Thanks a bunch AJ, for making us all look like jackasses ... AGAIN!!!

Not if we maintain the reality that Alex Jones NEVER represented us. He was, as is Mr. Sheen, an entertainer. Remind people that while Mr. Jones participated in a bait and switch marketing scheme, it is equally offensive to have paid Pentagon schills reporting on the war DURING the war.

Mr. Jones is responsible for his own fate. As we all are for our won.

In time, this will be an albatross around his neck.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think most people only have themselves to blame for believing the interview was real without even questioning it. You people are supposed to be the ones with your eyes, ears, and minds open, but instead you are no better for it. On top of that, everybody was complaining before 11am had even rolled around where he then went on to explain the whole deal during the course of his show.
The hard facts they apparently have still exist and should still help the cause. You guys are just blowing it all way out of proportion because you couldn't wait for the full story.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by tothetenthpower

S&F for you! You are sooo correct. The article had NO disclaimer for at least 90 minutes. He figured MSM would pick it up - they didn't.

I'll say it again, the government has lied about a myriad of things
for a lot longer than 90 minutes.

Where is the outrage for each of those lies ?

Where is the demands for truth from the government ?

Lefties and Righties are both pawns in "The Great Game".

Just most of the sheep don't get it yet.

AJ just used some of the mainstream medias tactics on them.

I think it may not have been the best move, but at this point
AJ is frustrated he cannot get more ppl to care.

If it takes angering you to get past your apathy so be it.

Are you kidding with that stuff?

"Where is the outrage? Where are the demands for truth in government?"

What do you think people in the truth movement are doing?

"If it takes angering you to get past your apathy?"

Angering the very people who follow him and trust him is not going to advance the cause. The people who have apathy have obviously not been informed of all the evidence, so how has what Alex Jones done going to anger them?

"Most of the sheep don't get it yet?" Apparently, you don't either.

link   
He's putting the information out there -- and I don't see the "fake interview" as that big of a deal. It might get people to notice.

Jones on his show right now is saying Charlie wanted to write something to get people to "notice", so maybe that was the motive. Try something to get some buzz.

It's just NOT a big deal. We're missing the bigger point here, which is to GET THE TRUTH OUT.

link   

Originally posted by talisman

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The original, unaltered posting on InfoWars.com has been captured and is saved here: alex-jones-charlie-sheen-hoax.html

Thanks to ATS member getreadyalready for having the presence of mind to keep the original page open for posterity.

How many members here will agree that this should be a sticky until Alex himself apologizes or comes up with the goods??

The ORIGINAL page must be kept for ALL TO SEE.

Alex has some explaining to do.

Clearly people should be able to see what side Alex Jones is on. He's a liar and cannot be trusted. He's never been an icon for my search for truth anyway. At best, he's just a side show act.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I recanted that statement in my next post ... sort of.

But to go back to something I said earlier, you and I may know this but for the many who are fed by the msm he seems to be the face of CTs.

Somehow I believe that this is a relevant fact to consider in this denouement.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm a little disappointed, but at the same time, I have hope that Charlie Sheen will go through with the interview and what he wrote as planned. It's not over yet, in my eyes, I think it was a preview of what is to come.

Call me naive or what not but I still think this can be pushed. Decoys are usually sent in before the army. The people who say what Charlie wrote doesn't represent what the people believe.. well you didn't say that while the interview still seemed real.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by schrodingers dog

The CT community should have NEVER have trusted the shister to begin with. It's painfully obvious what he was on about. Why else do you think every inch that he can be used for advertisements was?

Oh god! Lighten the hell up. He may be getting some extra ad revenue from this, but at least it's about something pretty damn important.

He's doing whatever he can to get this information out there.

Look out how Mark Cuban got sandbagged by the Securities and Exchange Commission over Loose Change?

It's hard for anybody to get this information noticed.

Calling it a "hoax" just does a disservice to the larger picture.

Sad. You people need to shut up and lighten up, this is NOT A BIG DEAL.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by CUBD1]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by Maxmars

I recanted that statement in my next post ... sort of.

But to go back to something I said earlier, you and I may know this but for the many who are fed by the msm he seems to be the face of CTs.

Somehow I believe that this is a relevant fact to consider in this denouement.

Uh... I hadn't thought of that. Ouch!

They will likely have a field day with this.....

OK ... deep breadth...

who knows, maybe it won't be so bad.... [sheepish grin]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CUBD1

And people here complain about blindly trusting the MSM....... *chuckles*

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Alex Jones is about as credible as Hal Turner, and I place them both in the same class, which is "No Class".

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Suave

Does the MSM ever talk about either of these guys? I don't watch enough to know.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Personally, I think Alex Jones is out there, and play on many people's paranoia's for his own personal gain. However, in this instance, I think saying he was a liar about this whole thing is off base. The huge story was Charlie Sheen making such a vocal push and compiling that dossier of information. Not the fake interview.

I think Alex just thought Charlie Sheen was a bigger deal than he is. Either way, this will just get ignored by most. But no, I would not call Alex Jones a liar for this thing today. Its a big story for the truther movement. But for people outside that movement, we just roll our eyes. So from his perspective, this is huge. Ours, no.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

He's been on Fox News a few times ...

He's out there enough for regular folk to have heard of him, especially his association with the truther movement.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
He didn't have credibility in the first place, and neither does ATS most of the time!

Nothing was lost, just some minds opened to the facts!

Nobody is your saviour, and maybe the govt. aren't quite as evil as once thought, and maybe the healthcare plans are going to work if you give Obama a chance!

[edit on 8-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I read it all got to the bottom and thought huh?

crock of bs.. and yes it was a hoax.. sad very sad

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
He didn't have credibility in the first place, and neither does ATS most of the time!

Not a good comparison ...

ATS is user generated content Infowars is not.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join