It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Has Finally Lost It--His Credibility And Damaged Ours

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
In my personal opinion, the ends do not justify the means, and two wrongs do not make a right.

No matter how much publicity this garners, no matter how many more people might, potentially, be exposed to alternative ideas and thoughts as a result of this gimmick, dishonesty is still dishonesty, and deception is still deception.

In my view, you cannot espouse the sanctity of truth while telling lies, however well intentioned. For me, that is the crux of the matter.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
If there was one thing about this that wasn't a hoax, it was the fact that suddenly, tons of people are coming out of nowhere and attacking him. Some of you are saying that you think this was just a public stunt for attention. Well guess what? You're all giving him attention! You're doing exactly what he wants you to do ("taking the bait" to quote him), and for that, I can't help but sit back and laugh while watching how all of this plays out.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
What is really going on here. Alex has his major event, Larouche is having their mega event and the President adresses the American school children. All at the same time. Bandwidth being used must be phenominal.

just sayin

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Alex Jones you stepped in it this time...

Charlie Sheen is NOT that big in Hollywood or across the country.

His views on 9/11 were already known...duh.

Ridiculous and childish!

The only possible reason I can see him perpetrating this HOAX is he wants out of his life and doesn't know how to do it.

They both look like complete fools and hucksters!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Star for you my friend, I completely agree.

If his intentions were good, he ruined it with this massive failure of lies.

He's no better in this situation than those who hide the truth from us.

And I still can't get over Charlie Sheen. Could he have at least picked a B list actor instead of a Z lister?

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This "interview" is gold! Make a lie halfway convincing and most of you people just gobble it right down as fact, it took an hour and a half to prove it and Alex Jones was and is the perfect stooge. Do you have any idea how well protected the governments secrets really are? Do you think you are really even close to uncovering anything factual? If you had any idea how many people are monitoring this site and others like it for "leaks" then that would truly scare you.
How many of you people actually voted for obama thinking he was anything other than a conveniently placed plant? How many of you really thought he was going to release anything credible on ufo's or 9/11? If anything is released then you should really be skeptical because I can assure you that you are being fed to make the illusion endure.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
If there was one thing about this that wasn't a hoax, it was the fact that suddenly, tons of people are coming out of nowhere and attacking him. Some of you are saying that you think this was just a public stunt for attention. Well guess what? You're all giving him attention! You're doing exactly what he wants you to do ("taking the bait" to quote him), and for that, I can't help but sit back and laugh while watching how all of this plays out.

I don't think so SI ...

Sure he is getting all this attention today from us but for many folks, especially the one's who have followed him, that is the last attention he will ever get.

So yes he's getting this short term spike in attention but this is going to cost him big time in the long term. In this context we are hardly playing into his hands.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I find this hilarious. It boggles me how this guy appeals to so many.

The same people who call those of us who question this guy "sheep" and then proceed tell us all to (and I quote) "die in the next false flag attack" are the same ones that come here and shout about how hypoctritical everyone else is with zero reflection upon there own selves...

I read the post that tells the "haters'" to literally "die off in the next false flag attack" shortly after a post I had made in the speculative thread about this "interview" last night.

Again, these are the same people who claim they are fighting tyranny for the good of the nation, but continue to spew nonsense and utter b.s. while telling rational people they should die because we dont accept a nutjobs ranting and raving as truth.

The first step to avoiding tyranny and winning "infowars" (which I do agree with as a title for what is happening) is informing yourself properly...not just listening to the guy who will scream and yell the loudest

This whole thing has me completely boggled.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

I'm so glad someone copied the text "without the disclaimer". This is proof of the deception.

What Alex has done here is launch his very own false flag attack on his supporters.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I have always taken his site with a grain of salt. I find the information amusing at best when there is so many other ways to find the information that you seek.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliBruh
Are y'all serious? Okay so he gets a big name celebrity to put together an amazing survey for the President, post a guesstimated interview in hopes of getting it in the headlines so that millions would see it and then he puts a disclaimer that it's what they want to ask the President so that everyone who saw it is on board to ask the President these questions. 90 minutes might seem long to a conspiracy forum but come on. Plus I bet his "biggest news ever" will make up for it.

Since when is attempting to ask the President some of the most important questions of our lifetime a sign of lost credibility?

The fact the interview was PUT UP WITHOUT A DISCLAIMER FOR OVER 9() minutes.

The fact that Alex said this was HUGE NEWS THAT WOULD BE COVERED BY THE MSM.

How is Charlie Sheen's fantasy the biggest thing in 14 years of Alex Jones' Radio experience?

Alex Jones has to come clean and Apologize.

I bet he will accuse all of us of being "shills."

Well if we all turn him off, he will know we aren't "shills."

Alex Jones is a LIAR.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Yeah whoever got that screen shot really helped out. Im going to go from "long time Listener" to "long ago Listener"

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I truly thought he would announce that he was switching to decaffeinated coffee.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I hope people call in and give him crap. This is ridiculous. I've heard many people come on alex's show and talk about 9/11 and how ridiculous it is. This is nothing new. I don't give a damn if it's a bum in NYC, or Charlie Sheen.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I didn't read past the 1st page of this thread simply because it FAILED to mention even what was being discussed.

For future post please include a description of what you want to discuss in the thread, if NOTHING ELSE please include a link so that people may do some research in order to discern what is attempting to be discussed.

I read a thread earlier that Alex Jones was holding some sort of press conference. But, you'd hardly know that if you opened this thread and started reading. I take it that there was some sort of interview that occurred in this announcement I read about in another thread?

No star and no flag for this thread cause I have no idea what's happening. It should have been explained in the OP.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I made a thread and the mods deleted ... cool ... because it seems that ATS is becoming an disnfo place ... are u guys beeing paid to not present all the FACTS?

this was my thread

Disnfo about 20 min with the President HERE?

Well, I enter this website and I saw this whole HOAX history, ok ... I went to the website, infowars.com, and I click on the radio ... so, I started to listen the 20 minutes with the president history ...

ok, what I found out is that this is an open letter, and it never been made to hoax ... this was made to make the subject to be taken more seriously ...

well, I dont watch alex jones shows, I dont follow his website ... and I find it strange that ATS is making an huge thing about some kind of HOAX ...

is this an disinfo website or what ...

I understand that some websites think that this 20 minutes with the president is a REAL interview, but, you just cant say that alex is this or that, because that wasnt the intention ...

I mean ... there are 3 threads about this, if someone just reads ats.com, he will think that alex made up all this to fool everyone ... but thats not what I am listining in his show right now online

repeating, I am not a alex follower, just go to my profile, I just find it strange what is happenning here in ATS ...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
tothetenthpower as soon as i heard about this from the admins u2u's i was mad to say the least.
because of this oily traitor that sold his soul and betrayed us all,as you sayd our reputaion will be worse now,now even more people will think were a laughting stuff.
i hope we get revenge for this!
he should be crucified!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
are u guys beeing paid to not present all the FACTS?

For nearly two hours, the interview was presented as having actually happened. The captured original page is here, which makes no mention of an "open letter." When combined with Alex's hype of a big event the previous day, the result is exceedingly disingenuous.

And even with nearly two hours of comments applauding the interview on their own site, there was no correction or apology from InfoWars.com... indicating purposeful deception.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Dont want you to get paranoid!

But this is really a nice and fast way to track and log people. Which conspiracy nut didnt visit infowars today?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by tothetenthpower

S&F for you! You are sooo correct. The article had NO disclaimer for at least 90 minutes. He figured MSM would pick it up - they didn't.

I'll say it again, the government has lied about a myriad of things
for a lot longer than 90 minutes.

Where is the outrage for each of those lies ?

Where is the demands for truth from the government ?

Lefties and Righties are both pawns in "The Great Game".

Just most of the sheep don't get it yet.

AJ just used some of the mainstream medias tactics on them.

I think it may not have been the best move, but at this point
AJ is frustrated he cannot get more ppl to care.

If it takes angering you to get past your apathy so be it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join