It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My son's doctor said this about H1N1 vaccine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
My son had his check up last Friday and I wanted to ask her her thoughts on the vaccine. She is very modern and takes every parents worries and concerns about any vaccinations seriously. In fact we put off any innoculations for our son until he was almost 3 yrs old because we were worried about overloading his little system while he was a baby. She was cool with that. Anyway, I asked her about what she thought and she said....

With a big breathe that she was concerned about the safety of the vaccine but given her line of work (pediatrics) she was going to take the vaccine and was going to give it to her children as well. HOWEVER...she was extremely worried about her patients that were already immune compromised and feared that this flu would kill them but it was a roll of the dice because the vaccine could also cause problems with children that had underlying health issues. She did not recommend my son receive the vaccine when it becomes available. She told me that they had just received an updated memo from the Health Dept stating that the vaccine would need 2 doses 3 wks apart and that the first dose would only prep the body for the second dose in which the second dose would be the one they were hoping would provide protection.

My state starts school tomorrow and she said that people will become infected long before the vaccine is even available. Told me to prepare to be out of work for at least 5 days per the CDC recommendation and that was times the amount of people in the household. So for example I have 3 people in my house and that would be 15 days of onset of symptoms.

Who can afford to take that amount of time off of work? She then whispered to me so my son couldn't hear although he did hear it and now is worried so I had to do some damage control with him afterwards but she said that that was why certain states were implementing door to door inspections SHOULD it come to that. Because people will refuse to stay home for that length of time and it will be the gov and state responsibility to ensure that this virus is contained. The only way to do that is to enforce regulations for people's protection.

Now...while this has always been a thought in my mind, hearing it from a medical professional was rather disturbing.

I just wanted to pass this along and ask the members of this community if they have encountered anything similiar in their area?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Thank you for posting! The more information we have about this, the better...

I haven't encountered anything yet, but I have an unrelated Dr. Appointment on the 15th and I'm curious to see if the vaccine is being pushed at my Dr.'s office.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Thanks and I agree! I think that this is the very type of community that we can reach out to each other to find specific information going on around each country which can be priceless information especially if things kick off like they are anticipating.

Here is a great website that has real time data for the outbreaks.
It also has a forum that is updated daily with what schools are being affected now.

www.recombinomics.com

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Geez I feel like a one man team here but I was just reading on Drudge that they were saying wash your hands alot. Here's the thing...while washing is strongly encouraged and a much needed practice because I can't tell you how many adults I encounter in the restroom that give their hands a lick and a promise in terms of washing. This virus is AIRBORNE. Sneeze, cough that's all it takes to travel. I wish they would make that announcment because alot of people I have talked to think that washing alone will prevent this flu.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by crashbaracuda
reply to post by DDay

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :down:

What exactly does that mean?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DDay

Sounds like your doctor is sensible. I personaly feel that this virus is more hype than actual danger.

But in terms of your families health, you should make your own decisions. Just arm yourself with knowlege.

We had the virus early this summer. Three days of wanting to die, then a week of "what was that all about?"

I think the virus is more dangerous than the flu. But that's just worth 00.02

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I know I myself don't want to the take the vaccine at all. However when it comes to making that decision for the wife and kids it makes things much more difficult. I think I'll actually be more worried about the vaccine if it does in fact become mandatory for people to go to work or the kids to go to school. Just the other day I read that all New York state healthcare workers must take the vaccine or be fired as well as all US military service members.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smurfwicked
I know I myself don't want to the take the vaccine at all. However when it comes to making that decision for the wife and kids it makes things much more difficult. I think I'll actually be more worried about the vaccine if it does in fact become mandatory for people to go to work or the kids to go to school. Just the other day I read that all New York state healthcare workers must take the vaccine or be fired as well as all US military service members.

So why don't they all rise up, refuse, and get fired. The system will collapse and they won't have any alternative than to hire them back.

I'm in a luxurious situation when it comes to the vaccine. I may not be able to go on campus (if they do make these rules) (but so far my campus is rather lax on the whole policy about the flu)
But if I'm not allowed on campus, no biggie, I can study most of the material at home for the time being. If I lose a week or two from being quarantined, hey, I'm a hermit anyways. I'll just have to make sure to get a bunch of canned food

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hi, I am looking for a h1n1 vaccine, found only here: ah1n1vaccine.co.cc...
Is somewhere sooner? I want it as soon as possible.
Thanks.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Don't take the vaccines, pertect yourself by taking

above the recomended dosages of vitamin D and C,

pertect youselves that way.......imo...im a nurse.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by truth/seeker

I asked my pcp what she thought about the vaccine and she said "the flu wont kill you as fast as the vaccine will." Shes not taking it and she sees sick people all day every day. By the way nurse, thank you for your job of protecting your patients from doctors who would kill them off thru neglegence.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice

I asked my pcp what she thought about the vaccine and she said "the flu wont kill you as fast as the vaccine will." Shes not taking it and she sees sick people all day every day. By the way nurse, thank you for your job of protecting your patients from doctors who would kill them off thru neglegence.

Really? Now that's interesting and just why I posted this thread because we are now finding more and more cases of health care workers giving this same advice. My son't pediatrician thought it would circulate through the area long before the vaccine was even ready for injection and that people will begin to build their natural immunity to it that way.

Like I said in the above...she plans on taking it BUT it was with heavy reservation. I do not know if in her facility they are making it mandatory for the health care workers. I should have asked that.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
What worries me about this is the information that was given to you that they will be ensuring that people obey the directives to stay home an quarantined for 15 days, because in order for this to be a state effort in any way that would be effective, this suggests they are planning on implementing fema or something along these lines, some form of martial law. Considering that the testing that was done on the virus by scientists in the spring revealed that this combination could not be created in a laboratory to begin with, I really think people should become a lot more reactive and say No to their paid representatives in numbers.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
She then whispered to me ...that was why certain states were implementing door to door inspections SHOULD it come to that. Because people will refuse to stay home for that length of time and it will be the gov and state responsibility to ensure that this virus is contained. The only way to do that is to enforce regulations for people's protection.

Amazing that there's $$$ and political will to enforce the regulations for HUMAN quarantine - but no such commitment to enforce similar agricultural regulations! ...Meaning the ag regs created to prevent pandemic bugs from evolving to infect humans...

S&F

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well right now with all the additives in the swine flu vaccine I will be very concern about children, young adults and pregnant woman taking it.

So far the swine flu cases are just like regular seasonal flu, if you feel sick well stay at home, that is what is done with regular flu.

I am not even worry to get it and get over it.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DDay

Originally posted by Magantice

Really? Now that's interesting and just why I posted this thread because we are now finding more and more cases of health care workers giving this same advice. My son't pediatrician thought it would circulate through the area long before the vaccine was even ready for injection and that people will begin to build their natural immunity to it that way.

Like I said in the above...she plans on taking it BUT it was with heavy reservation. I do not know if in her facility they are making it mandatory for the health care workers. I should have asked that.

www.whale.to...

READ THIS!!!!!

Can no one read? There has been extensive research into this "Swine Flu" as far back as 1976!!! Wake up and read, do some research. These doctors are not stupid. Use some common sense. Something to good to be true IS false!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smurfwicked

The flu aside, I find your comments disturbing. I get the kids thing. But why are you trying to decide for your wife as well.?? Maybe in our dealings with others ,including spouse, we should apply the very principals of our constitution. Everyone should choose for their self.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
So basically, some states are already preparing to "house arrest" people who've contracted the H1N1 virus?

And I wonder what will happen if the "state" or "gov" is not able to "contain" the virus as mentioned in the OP? Looks like those REX84 camps might just come in handy yet.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Like I said before, do not let the government swine flu hype paid by big pharma get you into something that can be even dangerous for you and your family

The government and big pharma is at it again.

While we have to fight to stay alive and healthy our own government is playing with viruses to create a super virus

Another example is the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta, Georgia. In a 2004 report, CDC to mix avian, human flu viruses in pandemic study, it was noted that,

“The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will soon launch experiments designed to combine the H5N1 virus and human flu viruses and then see how the resulting hybrids affect animals. The goal is to assess the chances that such a “reassortant” virus will emerge and how dangerous it might be.”

Critics worried that such a “franken-virus” could itself cause a pandemic if it escaped from its creators. The CDC’s only response is that their facilities were more secure than others who had experienced breaches of some sort in years past. Why would the CDC risk world exposure to an artificially created virus? According to the above report, it was done in the name of preparedness.

As mentioned above, experimenters are a worrisome lot. Real world experience indicates that they are generally overconfident in their scientific prowess and in their abilities to contain the unpredictable fruit of their experiments.

socioecohistory.wordpress.com...

Swine flu has been around and its no new, what they government experiments are doing with it is what can kills us later with their vaccines

Dr. Russell Blaylock on 1976 Swine Flu and Current Outbreak

Dr. Russell Blaylock: Vaccine May Be More Dangerous Than Swine Flu

socioecohistory.wordpress.com...

The present swine flu is not even close to be as deadly as the seasonal flu

But be aware that if foul play is involved and our own government is playing with the creation of mutations there will be repercussions for the regular populations in the planet.

And is not vaccine to fight any mutations and will not be one until a large amount of population die.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join