It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My son's doctor said this about H1N1 vaccine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I think I had it too. My tot and I came down ill and found out a week later that his cousin (who we are around a lot) was officialy diagnosed.

If that was it, it actually wasnt as bad as the regular flu, but still not a picnic.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I was hearing a radio program about sports, and the guy said that he took his son and went to the doctor, because the son was sick, he was with a flu I think, the doctor said that this whole flu thing is a hoax, that the swine flu isnt stronger than the standart, and only sick people die, I mean, already with problems

thats what the guy in the radio said, and the program didnt have anything to do with this ... he was just telling what happenend

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I am just curious, how many members have had their towns/cities close down several hospitals and consolidate into one large one?

My town closed three in the last couple years and have on large one quite far away for the people in the areas where they closed the other three. The three empty ones just sit there..............

Like the bases.............

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
Geez I feel like a one man team here but I was just reading on Drudge that they were saying wash your hands alot. Here's the thing...while washing is strongly encouraged and a much needed practice because I can't tell you how many adults I encounter in the restroom that give their hands a lick and a promise in terms of washing. This virus is AIRBORNE. Sneeze, cough that's all it takes to travel. I wish they would make that announcment because alot of people I have talked to think that washing alone will prevent this flu.

The CDC does not seem to agree with you.

By technical definitions of "airborne", the 2009 Swine Flu (Novel H1N1) is not "airborne", but it can still be in the air and able to be inhaled. This is when the virus is in the air on droplets from a sneeze or cough. For lay purposes, it is best to just think of it as potentially in the air. The CDC recommends, if at all possible, keeping a distance of 6 feet from someone confirmed to have this virus.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

As for flying in general, fliers can breathe a little easier knowing that H1N1 is not an airborne virus, but rather, transmitted via droplets. And since aircraft ventilation systems work in a side-to-side, circular manner (as opposed to front-to-back), the risk of exposure rapidly decreases with distance. “When people say that if you’re sitting in row five, you’re susceptible to the germs in row nine, that’s not the case,” says David Castelveter, spokesman for the Air Transport Association.

The WHO organization says it takes 6 to 9 months to make an effective vaccine. The CDC has given the pharms the okay to "fast track" a vaccine. So what is this poison that they are trying to force us to take?

www.who.int...
Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 briefing note 7

6 AUGUST 2009 | GENEVA -- It takes approximately five to six months for the first supplies of approved vaccine to become available once a new strain of influenza virus with pandemic potential is identified and isolated. These months are needed because the process of producing a new vaccine involves many sequential steps, and each of these steps requires a certain amount of time to complete. The vaccine development process from start (obtaining a virus sample) to end (availability of vaccine for use) is summarized below.

www.cdc.gov...

Since the WHO declaration of a pandemic, the new H1N1 virus has continued to spread, with the number of countries reporting cases of novel H1N1 nearly doubling. The Southern Hemisphere’s regular influenza season has begun and countries there are reporting that the new H1N1 virus is spreading and causing illness along with regular seasonal influenza viruses. In the United States, significant novel H1N1 illness has continued into the summer, with localized and in some cases intense outbreaks occurring. The United States continues to report the largest number of novel H1N1 cases of any country worldwide, however, most people who have become ill have recovered without requiring medical treatment.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
My son has asthma and when I called his pulmonologist to confirm an appointment to get a REGULAR yearly flu shot, I asked about the H1N1 vaccine. She told me that under no circumstances would her office be giving out the shot and also told me that she thinks the vaccine is far more dangerous than the virus itself. Now that spooked me more than anything I've read or heard thus far. This doctor has treated my son since birth (he's now 9) and I certainly trust her judgment.

However, I am convinced that my son, my 14 year old daughter, my husband and myself all came down with H1N1 2 weeks ago. It came on fast and sudden and my son got it first--coughing and fever were the first symptoms. Both kids missed 4 days of school but curiously, my son seemed to have the mildest case of it. We were all sicker than he was, by far. It only lasted 3-4 days in all of us. It was "confirmed" by the school nurse and doctor's office over the phone. Once you tell them your symptoms, they practically lock the doors at the doctor offices around here. They DO NOT want to see you in person. None of us went on Tamiflu, either, in case anyone was wondering.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritoftheNightSky

Ok so by "technicality" of the word airborne, the CDC according to your post says it can still travel by air or is in the air, hanging in the air, having a smoke in the air whatever....in other words it can be caught via that method in addition to person to person contact. Yes?????

Ok then let's put that one to bed shall we and move on.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Greywolf73

See? That's the feeling I was left with when the doctor told me her views. It's like you said one thing to read online about how supposedly health care workers are reacting but when you hear it from the horses mouth so to speak it is spooky.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay

Ok so by "technicality" of the word airborne, the CDC according to your post says it can still travel by air or is in the air, hanging in the air, having a smoke in the air whatever....in other words it can be caught via that method in addition to person to person contact. Yes?????

Ok then let's put that one to bed shall we and move on.

You can jump through the air but it doesn't mean you can fly.

The flu is spread by droplets. Can droplets pass through the air? Yes but they do not float in the air. If you aren't in the path when someone sneezes or coughs you you don't get it from the air.

You will however get it by touching the place where the droplet landed.

That is why hand-washing is so important.

There is a difference.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So what should we do?
take the vaccine or not

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by blumoon
So what should we do?
take the vaccine or not

Personal choice.

I can tell you that the majority of the health care workers I know are standing firm on this one. They are even willing to lose their jobs before taking it.

I am not paranoid I am just extremely leery of a fast track vaccine that the CDC has already admitted will be less than effective and the company that produced it demanded protection from lawsuits before agreeing to dispense them.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Neither the seasonal flu, so both of the virus are indeed no "really" airborne but spread by fluids like you said, actually both virus are very much alike.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Neither the seasonal flu, so both of the virus are indeed no "really" airborne but spread by fluids like you said, actually both virus are very much alike.

You are absolutely right.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I am just curious, how many members have had their towns/cities close down several hospitals and consolidate into one large one?

My town closed three in the last couple years and have on large one quite far away for the people in the areas where they closed the other three. The three empty ones just sit there..............

Like the bases.............

I am in Kansas City and actually all the hospitals are still open. In fact there is a new non-emergency hospital that was just built recently. I believe you stated in another post you were near kansas city. Are you in Kansas or Missouri? I have not heard of any hospitals closing.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
I was hearing a radio program about sports, and the guy said that he took his son and went to the doctor, because the son was sick, he was with a flu I think, the doctor said that this whole flu thing is a hoax, that the swine flu isnt stronger than the standart, and only sick people die, I mean, already with problems

thats what the guy in the radio said, and the program didnt have anything to do with this ... he was just telling what happenend

That's exactly right. The swine flu is 1/10 as strong as the regular flu. The WHO level is already set at 6 with 1,000 worldwide deaths. Where was the WHO last year when 33,000 Americans died of the regular flu?

People, wake up. This was tried in 1976 and many of those who took the vaccine suffered irreversible neurological damage. What in the world were 12,000 parents thinking when they allowed their children be lab rats?

Hoax is an understatement. We are experiencing a crime against humanity.

Exo

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Exopolitico]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I have to call BS on most of you all.

ok, the OP story was entertaining, but it contradicts itself so much it doesn't even pass the giggle test. Hasn't it been making the rounds, even from the CDC that the first round of this virus actually targeted those with healthy immune systems primarily and by preference?

Then there's the so called nurse who can't spell or type to save their life. I really find that one hard to swallow. I type like crap, admittedly, but that looked like something a 6th grader did by slapping their butt cheeks against a keyboard. credibility? none.

and the list goes on. now, whether you're trolling for stars or attention, just stop it.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
I'm sorry, but I have to call BS on most of you all.

ok, the OP story was entertaining, but it contradicts itself so much it doesn't even pass the giggle test. Hasn't it been making the rounds, even from the CDC that the first round of this virus actually targeted those with healthy immune systems primarily and by preference?

Then there's the so called nurse who can't spell or type to save their life. I really find that one hard to swallow. I type like crap, admittedly, but that looked like something a 6th grader did by slapping their butt cheeks against a keyboard. credibility? none.

and the list goes on. now, whether you're trolling for stars or attention, just stop it.

No, it doesn't "target" those with healthy immune systems.

People with robust developed (adult) immune systems are more likely to have an overreaction response. Older adults are more likely to have cross-reactive immunity to the virus from other swine flu pandemics. Children are way more likely to contract the virus than any other group.

"Targetting" is not correct.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

My daughter's family all were diagnosed with H1N1 about two weeks ago. When the first child was diagnosed. My Daughter immediately bought plenty of juices and vitamin C.

They were sick for about a week and all are doing fine now..

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by milkmustache

SORRY for the spelling error!!!!!!!

how decent of you to point that out!!

I did'nt say I was perfect!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The best thing to do is your own research, and then decide if it is in your

best interest to take the vaccines, vaccines contain poisons!! if you do

the research, you will find this out for yourself! .......hope my spelling

is ok, would'nt want another complaint......which takes you off subject

maybe a dis-info agent...there are alot of them on here.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

I work in health in the UK, in discussions with GP's not one of them is having the jab. Which speaks volumes to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join