It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, where's your head?? Van Jones??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You keep saying how racist VJ is... I don't think that word means what you think it means. Simply mentioning someone's race is not racist. Talking about the races and their different issues in not racist. Making fun of how a race talks IS racist. Finding fault with someone just because they're black IS racist. Hating someone for their race IS racist... Just to let you know.

OK, I have a question for you:

Is defending a person simply because he is black considered racist?

I know some people who voted for Obama simply because he was black.

Is that racist?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again, look at the new boss same as the old boss. In so many ways this President is exactly like the last one. If I recall correctly, Bush appointed some real winners, too.
This partisan crap is just that - crap. They're all the same. Keep fighting amongst yourselves.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by jsobecky
Green Jobs Czar Van Jones Says White Polluters Steered Poison Into Minority Communities

HE didn't say that.

He's quoting the "environmental justice community". He says, "It got a 2.5 upgrade, because of the environmental justice community, that said, 'Hey wait a minute. You're regulating, but you're not regulating equally and the white polluters and the white environmentalists are essentially steering poison into the people of color communities because they don't have a racial justice frame.'"

This has been happening for the last 40 years.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
That POTUS (Obama) is a racist and a redistribute the wealth marxist.

Pollution is a good example of how the wealthy are only wealthy by exploitation of the poor.

The idea that attempting to prevent and correct this exploitation is "redistribution of wealth" is an propaganda technique to discourage and create fear over changes.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Wait, the half white guy that was raised by his white grandmother is a racist because he hired a black guy that doesn't walk on eggshells in regards to race and is therefore also racist...
Now I'm really confused.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm
I believe that it is true that inner city black neighborhoods get crapped on everyday by the more affluent white suburbs. So I do not doubt poison has been directed at them in more ways than one.

I too find republicans to be A-holes.

Ummm Bush was a cokehead in his youth.

Whats the problem here?

White people don't go into black neighborhoods.

Blacks crap up their own neighborhoods (or burn them down)

If you call a democrat an asshole, it's the nicest thing that they have been called. There is good reason that the Jack-Ass is the Democrat Party symbol (no, it's not a donkey or mule)

Per Obama's book, he took coc aine and since he won't release his medical records (or anything else), we can still presume that he's a coke head.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Even Bob Beckel thinks Obama should throw him under the bus and hes a pretty partisan left wing guy.

"Obama has been accused during the campaign of associating with people who were radical, whether it be Bill Ayers or Reverend Wright. He has to do with Jones what he did with Wright, which is to cut his relationship off."

What about this guy Mark Loyd? The so called "diversity czar". The guy loved Hugo Chavez and seems to think freedom of speech should be dictated.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Well the left wants Van Jones to resign for different reasons than the right though. The left wants him to resign because he has very loose lips and is exposing their agenda. The right wants him to resign just as a trophy of being able to control the presidents agenda.

The FCC "Diversity Chief" is another one that needs to go, that guy is something else I tell ya. Either way what needs to happen is a bill needs to get passed that states all presidential appointees have to answer and be confirmed by congress even if it is a newly created office. Better yet the new office needs to be approved like a constitutional amendment.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bullhorn

"You're right, I think it's a fantastic idea to give a radical communist a position in which he will have to create jobs and help the economy."

lol no poop! BH why comment if you know nothing of him? AND to call people out when again you stated you know nothing of him....? Sooooo i guess it's cool if you don't care who holds the job or their views as long as they do the job......? lol i don't understand your logic. Are you American I forgot to look.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chuckk

White people don't go into black neighborhoods.

Blacks crap up their own neighborhoods (or burn them down)

If you call a democrat an asshole, it's the nicest thing that they have been called. There is good reason that the Jack-Ass is the Democrat Party symbol (no, it's not a donkey or mule)

Per Obama's book, he took coc aine and since he won't release his medical records (or anything else), we can still presume that he's a coke head.

Your posts never cease to amaze me. I need to know. Are you trying to be that ignorant or do you really believe the crap you say?

Back on topic: I think Obama should stay away from this Van Jones joker like the plague. I don't agree with this whole racist BS that's being thrown back and forth but I certainly don't think anything worthwhile can come of this VJ guy.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by xEphon]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This guy said nothing wrong. The fact of the matter is minority communities do get more than their fair share of toxic waste. You are more likely to find a toxic waste dump in a poor minority community than an affluent white suburb.

Although he used harsh words to describe George Bush and the Republicans, Republicans use words like "Nazi" "Terrorist" and "Hitler" to describe Obama.

This whole row is much adoo about nothing. The reasons why the conservatives lost me is not that the Democrats have all the right answers, it is that the Democrats seem to be tackling the important questions. Democrats are preoccupied with healthcare and financial industry regulations, and Republicans are worried that some guy that works for Obama is going around calling people mean names.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

Back on topic: I think Obama should stay away from this Van Jones joker like the plague. I don't agree with this whole racist BS that's being thrown back and forth but I certainly don't think anything worthwhile can come of this VJ guy.

I agree. If I were Obama and really wanted to promote harmony I would BAN the use of the words Black, Hispanic, Latino, Muslim, Christian and Racists by my staff or appointees and take them to task if they use it. The correct term is US Citizen or possibly American if you want to include those north and south of the USA.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If you watch the videos, he did say that quote. I saw it.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yenko13

If Obama is a racist, can you please tell me which race(s) he has an irrational hatred of?

I hate to tell you all this, but Obama is more white than black. Sure, Obama looks Black and may have had a few people call him the n word, but he was raised by white people. Obama has little or no contact with his Kenyan relatives.

So is Obama a self hating white/black man? Or does Obama hate other races like the Chinese?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
this thread started strong, but quickly turned into the partison crying fit that TPTB wanted.

when will you people wake up?

left, right, its all a form of divide and control!!

please stop playing there game.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm
I believe that it is true that inner city black neighborhoods get crapped on everyday by the more affluent white suburbs. So I do not doubt poison has been directed at them in more ways than one.

aren't all the big cities firmly under the control of democrat big-city machines?

if you want inner cities cleaned up, ask the dems why they haven't done it. they like it that way. they get to blame everybody else but they keep the same stuff in place to achieve their own ends, to inflame racial hatred and to justify their own version policing.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I don't really care if he's a communist or not as long as he does his job.

Further proof that the Obama minions are willing to turn a blind eye and deaf ear to anything shady this man does. I believe that this country would be nothing but charred wreckage if a republican president brought an avowed communist into the fold. He would be crucified to no end! As well he should be.

I DO care if we have communists in the White House. This is America. Not North Korea, not China nor any other communist country.

How anyone can be okay with Obama surrounding himself with people who share philosophies with known U.S. enemies is mind boggling. Absolutely mind boggling.

edited for clarification purposes: opening quote contributed by Benevolent Heretic.

[edit on 9/5/2009 by soldiermom]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
What really surprised me is the silence in the media regarding this whole thing. I found an article on the Drudge Report this morning that has a tally of what has been said in the most prominent media sources.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ABC, NBC and CBS as well as the Washington Post and NY Times said nothing of this until last night and then it wasn't about much of anything but the whole "truther" thing.

Talk about media manipulation.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Though, I can see your point, It should also be known apathy is not the answer either. To do or say nothing when you can plainly see a wrong is suicide.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

"I hate to tell you all this, but Obama is more white than black."

No he's not, he is black on his father's side. He is always talking about his father, H never his mother who is white. Any one who does not respect his mother has mental problems.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join