It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, where's your head?? Van Jones??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

You tax dollars that go to the inner city go to building banks and stuff. Black neighborhoods in those areas get very little.

The fact is in America today you will have difficulty getting a mortgage simply because your name is Tyrone or Shakeesha so I think this movement is long overdue. Change in America has to be more than health care related while Obama is in charge if you ask me.

Could you provide some sources for the facts your presenting to us here? Do you have any information that would cooberate your claim that getting a mortgage is tougher for people with certain names. Also do you have any sources that show that money gets spent on banks and very little go to black neighborhoods.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by jsobecky

I'd like to hear some rational answers from the fans of Obama.

Let's hear them justify this one.

I believe that the President has made a hasty choice in an Ivy League lawyer who worked for the disenfranchised. This is a man in Obama's image and it seems to have fogged his decision making process.
The real question is how long Jones will last as he seems not to know how to handle situations or people at high levels. His ego appears to get in the way of his brain.
Will Obama have the ability to admit error and shuffle this character aside?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
You are more likely to find a toxic waste dump in a poor minority community than an affluent white suburb.

Not that it will make a difference, but for those who are interested, these are the same findings that Jones was quoting:

Source

It is not coincidental that the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) passed its first resolution on the hazardous-waste issue in 1983 after the national protest demonstration in Warren County, North Carolina. Subsequent protest actions were instrumental in getting the New York-based Commission for Racial Justice to sponsor its 1987 national study of toxic waste and race.[50] This national study, like the 1983 GAO report, found a strong association between race and the location of hazardous-waste facilities. Race was by far the most prominent factor in the location of commercial hazardous-waste landfills, more prominent than household income and home values.
Growing empirical evidence shows that toxic-waste dumps, municipal landfills, garbage incinerators, and similar noxious facilities are not randomly scattered across the American landscape. The siting process has resulted in minority neighborhoods (regardless of class) carrying a greater burden of localized costs than either affluent or poor white neighborhoods. Differential access to power and decision making found among black and white communities also institutionalizes siting disparities.
An iinordinate concentration of uncontrolled toxicwaste sites is found in black and Hispanic urban communities.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
If you watch the videos, he did say that quote.

Yes, he said the words, But do you disagree that he was quoting findings by the environmental justice community? Yes, he said the words, as anyone must who is quoting someone else.

And in this case, the words happen to be backed by studies that have taken place since the 80s. And they appear to be true...

So... what's the issue?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What you posted there does not blame "white people" and it doesn't claim tat its somehow targeted at them. It also says it affected all groups regardless of class. Van Jones twisted this to support his racist views.

Imagine Karl Rove citing a study tat showed more crime is committed by blacks and giving a speech where he claims black people are infesting their neighborhoods with drugs and violence? I cant seriously beleive you would be her defending it. Its not like this is an isolated statement either. The list of radical Jones beliefs is growing.

How can you not see this pattern of people close to Obama who have extreme, out of the US mainstream beliefs, who Obama has to shuffle aside?

www.examiner.com...

During the 2008 Presidential campaign Barack Obama told audiences, Judge me by the people with whom I surround myself.'

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

I do not think you are going to get very far with that one buddy. Benevolent Heretic has Obama pom poms permanently attached. He can do no wrong.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
What you posted there does not blame "white people"

In spite of the progress that has been made since the civil rights movement of the 1960s and 1970s, blacks remain underrepresented as political officeholders.[21] They are also underrepresented in policy-making boards and commissions, including industrial and environmental regulatory bodies. The interests of all-white industrial boards, zoning commissions, and governmental regulatory bodies may run counter to those of the black community. Until these policysetting institutions are made more inclusive, we are likely to find an intensification of locational conflicts and charges of racial discrimination.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Obama is President of the United States of America. Voted into office by mostly White voters. That is the only fact we need.

Don't you think its time to heal and move past this?

Jones is a holdout from the past. His activism that was once needed is no longer wanted or needed. His refusal to admit the battle is almost over is a destructive not constructive force.

We need forward looking people in position's of such power, not people who don't even know when the battle is over and it is time to move forward and progress.

Obama is a brilliant man. None of what he does is a mistake. He is tearing us apart because that is his plan.

There is a clear pattern to his appointments and their beliefs. Had Obama told the truth when campaigning he would not have had a chance to be elected. He lied, it worked and now he is proceeding to reshape the country in his image and to try and destroy anyone who does not agree with him. He is evil in fact. He even has one of his minions working on how to shut down free speech.

This is not a Left Right issue. It is a how do we survive this man and stop him now that we know what he is about issue. This is not the Daily Koss, this is ATS. From the constant Left vs Right nonsense on here now the whole point of ATS is being lost.

When Obamas people find a way to stop the posting of threads like this will you be happy about that? It's coming closer every day and you know I'm not one who usually joins into the doom crowd. This time it is for real.

Obama screwed up on some of his appointments and a real leader cleans house and replaces his mistakes, they don't defend them and move the country backwards. Unless that is their plan all along. He threw his Grandmother, his church leader and anyone else under the bus just to get in power. He will throw Jones under the bus you can be sure of that. But Jones is exactly who he wanted. Its all an illusion.

People need to figure out they are dividing us on purpose and stop being good little sheep spouting the Party Line and doing exactly what these evil men want. These people don't give a damn about anybody but themselves, their power and their wealth.

Bush was a monster and Obama is a monster. They are best buddies when the cameras are not around. It is time people figured that out.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

what's the party affiliation? i bet it's democrat. they run many cities. maybe white democrats. ask them why they do this. then ask obama and van jones etc why they are democrats. ask why conditions in the inner cities continue to worsen, ask what they gain from this situation: justify more government.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

"it is that the Democrats seem to be tackling the important questions. Democrats are preoccupied with healthcare and financial industry regulations, and Republicans are worried that some guy that works for Obama is going around calling people mean names."

Yea, they are preoccupied alright. Preoccupied turning free enterprise into a marxist model. The government will own everything and it's subjects nothing. Just like comrade Karl would have wanted it. This government has Pretty much taken over the auto industry already. Next in the cross hairs is the health industry, the goal is everything and every body under government control.

This government is a howling monster. It will not be happy until it consumes everything. Though it's true it's not just the democrates who are responsible. But, it bugs me that the democrates are more inclined to believe the government is out to fix things and make everything better. Well dream on, The agenda is to control things. One of these days you will realize, this government doesn't care about you or your rosy ideas. You are merely something that needs to be controlled.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
the current democrat party is utterly phony. i'm not defending the republicans, only pointing out that the dems talk a good game but play another.

look at what they do, not what they say.

they want massive government which they use to siphon off money and to control every aspect of your life.

the only thing they are liberal about is drugs and sex. other than that, they want control.

do YOU need someone to control every aspect of your life?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Just business as usual fer sure!
I wonder how many millions fall for it?
It is getting nausiating. (The partisen bs)
Of course it must be alot funner to call each other names
while the country burns.
Sounds like a personal (in)security issue to me.

Smoothest power transfer in history ought to be one clue.

If people actually cared like they are going on about,
they would buy some land, learn self sufficiency and stop enabling
the whole mess in the first place! THAT is freedom.
They would realize the only one left to depend on is themselves.
They would see we screwed the pooch when we let the big dogs out.

www.youtube.com...
Caution kiddies, potty talk warning!

[edit on 5-9-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I don't really follow Politics but when I watch this guy speak I think of a stand up comedian trying to entertain a crowd and when my friend saw him he thought to himself is this the government? and we wondered about democracy...

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Obama's white house is full of more affirmative action than you can shake a stick at.

he doesnt care if the person is qualified, he wants all the black and latinos he can hire into his tribe of racists/anti-americans/communists/wealth stealing/pay no taxes losers

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
He is Out...

Now we can talk about Obamas poor job at creating a dictatorship?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
He is Out...

Now we can talk about Obamas poor job at creating a dictatorship?

Crash and Burn.........
CRASH AND BURN....

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
just browsing this thread, there is a ton of ignorance, its really pathetic

what i see from reading this thread and everything else thats going on, if people dont get truly educated there are going to be severe problems, and that problem will be a type of war between the city and the suburbs, and the suburbs will not win, no one will really, all that will happen is the suburbs will become just as bad

many people are here claiming racism while they themselves speak with a racist dialect

intelligence is severely needed and ignorance needs to be defeated, until that happens, none of the issues at hand will ever be solved and will only grow exponentially out of control

it seems to me people on here should spend more time educating themselves rather then wasting their time on message boards spewing nonsense and trolling

obama calls it silly season, what i see here on ats and in this nation is not a swine flu but more of an ignorance epidemic

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Yes, he's outta here!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can only hope that our voice had something to do with his firing.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

The only reason the guy is out is becasue FOX news exposed him.
No other network carried the information about Van Jones. (until he got canned)
FOX news .. the network that Obama's administration hates enough to boycott.
If Obama had his way, FOX wouldn't exist.
Then this guy wouldn't have been exposed for being the marxist/racist pig that he is.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by Wimbly

The right wants him to resign just as a trophy of being able to control the presidents agenda.

I think it has more to do with the fact he is an avowed communist radical, apparent racist, and believes Bush allowed the 9/11 attacks to happen. There are other non-elected, non-accountable to the electorate or congress "czars" that need to be tossed out as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join