It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, where's your head?? Van Jones??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm
I believe that it is true that inner city black neighborhoods get crapped on everyday by the more affluent white suburbs. So I do not doubt poison has been directed at them in more ways than one.

Really? And how come my freakin' tax dollars are being shovelled into the inner city all the time? I guess you consider that "crapping" on them??

I too find republicans to be A-holes.

And the Democrats are paragons of virtue?

Ummm Bush was a cokehead in his youth.

Didn't Obama confess to snorting some bang-bang, too?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

So was Obama. If you're going to smear. . .

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
What your you trying to state? That 2 Racists equal each other out?

You mean Obama and Jones?

Go back and read JSO's initial thread with that comment.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

And you are an apologist for defending them in light of their words and actions.

I didn't defend them. I called you a racist based on your comment. I really hope people see through the garbage you spew out.

You are a HARDCORE partisan and you've really stepped up your rhetoric the last week or so.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Rule 1. When in doubt, raise the race card.

Rule 2. See rule 1.

They have been the ones to bring up race. (Obama, Jones).

I agree jerico, and OP. If being right/correct is considered racist, well then call me. . . .

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by jsobecky
So, you think he was a good choice, BH???

I have no idea.

Oh, c'mon BH, don't wimp out on us now.

Do you think that Barry exercised good judgment by naming this guy a czar?

Do you think he will be able to put aside his racist feelings and work for the good of all Americans?

Have you seen enough to qualify or disqualify this guy for the position?

Does this give you pause over Obama's other appointees, such as Ezekiel Emanuel?

Or do you think everything is just ducky and we should just wait and see how things work out?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Are you ok with him being an avowed communist?

In this country, you get to be whatever you want to be. It's how you BEHAVE that matters. Unless of course, you don't support the freedoms we have here to be what you want to be.

I don't really care if he's a communist or not as long as he does his job.

I hope you understand that I can't trust his critics in this thread. No offense, but I'd like to hear exactly what he said about being a communist before making a judgement.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Oh, c'mon BH, don't wimp out on us now.

Do you think that Barry exercised good judgment by naming this guy a czar?

I have never heard of him before today. I can't make that judgment. I don't see anything wrong with him so far.

Do you think he will be able to put aside his racist feelings and work for the good of all Americans?

Can you read? HE DIDN'T SAY THAT QUOTE. He was quoting someone else.

Have you seen enough to qualify or disqualify this guy for the position?

Absolutely not. I just heard of him TODAY. I don't jump to judgment like some do.

Or do you think everything is just ducky and we should just wait and see how things work out?

Everything hasn't been ducky for a very long time.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Hang onto that hate for those that disagree with you, David. I'm sure it will do you a lot of good.

But, by all means, whatever you do, DO NOT evaluate my comment in it's full context. And above all, DO NOT research this racist guy's comments on his own speaking mannerisms, where he intentionally invoked ebonics to disrespect a President of ours.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

I believe that it is true that inner city black neighborhoods get crapped on everyday by the more affluent white suburbs. So I do not doubt poison has been directed at them in more ways than one.

Really? And how come my freakin' tax dollars are being shovelled into the inner city all the time? I guess you consider that "crapping" on them??

You tax dollars that go to the inner city go to building banks and stuff. Black neighborhoods in those areas get very little.

The fact is in America today you will have difficulty getting a mortgage simply because your name is Tyrone or Shakeesha so I think this movement is long overdue. Change in America has to be more than health care related while Obama is in charge if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
There's no hope.

Why do I even bother.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I have never heard of him before today. I can't make that judgment. I don't see anything wrong with him so far.

Nothing, huh?

You don't need to say any more, BH.:shk:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Oh c'mon! You're good with a communist with the ear to the White House?

You can't mean that!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I believe he is talking about the location of hazardous waste treatment, storage, and disposal facilities. Of which analysis has shown that the majority of these types of facilities are located in, around or near large minority populations. These populations include African American, Hispanic and Native American.

The only issue I have with what he is saying is "white polluters". Unless I am mistaken, all of these facilities are equal opportunity waste dealers. I don't think that only white people's waste is being burned at incinerators located near minority populations, I believe all people's waste are being sent to them.

My take is it has little to do with race and everything to do with wealth or lack of it. Poor communities are probably less likely to turn away these kind of facilities or perhaps they just don't have the political or monetary power to fight it. Where as wealthier communities have more "pull" shall we say.

So he is massaging this quote to give it a racial slant, perhaps a slip of the tongue? Or maybe part of an agenda. decide for yourself.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I don't really care if he's a communist or not as long as he does his job.

What if he were a Nazi? Would that be OK?? I mean, as long as he did things good for the US??

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

The only issue I have with what he is saying is "white polluters". Unless I am mistaken, all of these facilities are equal opportunity waste dealers. I don't think that only white people's waste is being burned at incinerators located near minority populations, I believe all people's waste are being sent to them.

Well, how many african american billionares are there in the United States? That's what VJ is stating. Although i do think it's wrong for him to say these things and he should be nowhere near the white house due to some of his "other" absurd statements....I can see how someone could come to this conclusion...although it's not right IMO.

But wait...Why should I talk rationally??!?!?!?!??????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Geezus cripes...people seem to forget that Obama is SURROUNDED BY WHITE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 4-9-2009 by David9176]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

You tax dollars that go to the inner city go to building banks and stuff. Black neighborhoods in those areas get very little.

Actually, my tax dollars went to improve the inner city schools and clean up the parks in that area.

The fact is in America today you will have difficulty getting a mortgage simply because your name is Tyrone or Shakeesha so I think this movement is long overdue. Change in America has to be more than health care related while Obama is in charge if you ask me.

So mortgages should be given based on color rather than income? Geez, that makes a lot of sense.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by jerico65]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Actually, my tax dollars went to improve the inner city schools and clean up the parks in that area.

So mortgages should be given based on color rather than income? Geez, that makes a lot of sense.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by jerico65]

have you ever even seen an American inner city school that serves minorities? My daughter went to one for a year in Indianapolis and the pathetic piece of crap school didn't even have a swing set. Believe me your money does not end up anywhere near there. And for what reason do they need your donation in the first place? Because the whole society is unfair to them.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

have you ever even seen an American inner city school that serves minorities? My daughter went to one for a year in Indianapolis and the pathetic piece of crap school didn't even have a swing set. Believe me your money does not end up anywhere near there. And for what reason do they need your donation in the first place? Because the whole society is unfair to them.

Yes, I have. I saw how trashed it was.

I saw the improvements that were made to it.

I came back a few years later and saw that it was trashed once again.

You're right. Why do they need my donation in the first place, if that's going to happen?

Lather, rinse, repeat.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

DO NOT evaluate my comment in it's full context.

Karma's a bitch, isn't it? You're calling this man (VJ) a racist based on a snippet of a comment that he quoted from someone else and that doesn't matter to you at all. The FACT doesn't matter to you... All you care about is making him out to be a racist, because your lord and savior, Glenn Beck, told you to... :shk:

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Oh c'mon! You're good with a communist with the ear to the White House?

You can't mean that!

I told you. I don't know the guy. His political leanings don't matter to me.

jsobecky, My first post in this thread showed all your points as fraud. It wasn't hard. My job here is done. If you and your buddies want to wallow in willful ignorance, that's your choice. And it seems to be your choice a lot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join