It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

male chicks are ground up alive at an egg factory

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This happens all the time and everywhere in america and nothing is done about it because the industries involved bribe the govt to leave them alone.

But Michael Vick gets two years in prison.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Hi, I wanted to say thank You for bringing that to Our attention here. It is absolutely EVIL what is occurring across the nation in slaughter houses, and poultry plants. I think there can be a better way.

S&F

I am not really all that bothered by this. It would make sense that the factories that produce eggs would give their males to factories that produce meat, but if that went on there would still be a huge surplus of chickens.

The average US citizen eats 30 chickens per year for a total of about 10 billion chickens. The majority of these are hens(female chickens). Plus we eat about 200 eggs each a year, about what an average chciken will lay in a year. For this we need another 300 million hens. Since it take about 6-8 week to raise a chicken to killing weight, we have about 8 chciken meat cycles per year. So this gives an average of about 1.5 billion female chickens at any one time.

So let's say we stop killing chickens.

That 1.5 billion chickens will lay about 300 billion eggs in a year, half males, half females. For simplicity when averaging males and females a chicken lays 100 eggs per year.

After year 1 we will have 150 billion chickens

After year 2 we will have 15 Trillion chickens

After year 3 we will have 150 trillion chickens

After year 4 we will have 15 quadrillion chickens

And so on. Anyone still think we shouldn't kill chickens? Or should we just up the earth to them?

Any better solution in killing them? Gas chambers? Firing squads? Electric chairs?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
we live in northern california and only support the organic and free range farms.
we get all of our meat and vegetables from the farmer's market that are run by local conscious farmers that are fighting to win our business through better practices.

too bad someone hasn't come up with a way to start a new business by taking all these chicks from the mass environments and raising them for food / stock / or manure fertilizer.

it's weird too that there aren't parenting groups that over-see standards of this industry.
all industries have to abide by rules of engagement and production, so why is this treatment to chicks being allowed?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
I am human and I am an Omnivore. I eat chicken salad.

The way I see it is that food is food. Life feeds on life.

If a couple of male chicks are hatched and they are instantly ground up to be re-fed to our food, than I am ok with that.

A COUPLE???

Watch the video for gods sake...

Nearly 150,000 male chicks a DAY.

At ONE facility alone..... jesus.

The rest of your post is just typical and not worth responding to as it always goes no where.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Hmm if an animal is going to die for our food - then it should die with a little dignity and minimum pain and suffering.

I agree with you, but I think people need to watch the video. It's not that this is a quick way of killing the chicks for food. It's that these male chicks are not worth the money to raise them, they wont lay eggs, and they will not be sizable enough to sell for profit.

So as soon as they are hatched, they are dumped onto a conveyor belt which sex checkers then pick thru and toss the males into a chute that leads to another conveyor belt into the grinder. Waste product.

So for those other posters gloating about how they like their meat and don't care how, this isn't even what the damn subject is about.

I find it very hard to lower my morals to the level of some people in order to try and see it from their angle. Id rather be sick to my stomach at the inhumanity of humanity, than try to understand it.

Hmm, MEAT. ME KILL, ME BIG STRONG MAN.. ME HUNGRY !!!!11

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Does that mean you oppose pest control? We kill billions there too unrelated to food consumption.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by loam]

I was unaware that there was an industry that produced vermin simply for the sake of producing a pest?

As it is, these chicks are bred in order to feed people. The male chick is a byproduct and unwanted. That's the issue.

To me it highlights the arrogance of humans. "It's only a chicken, I laughed as it died. It had no purpose in life, it was unintelligent, it doesn't feel anything and I don't care about anything but myself."

When TSHTF - Battery homeless people will be cheaper than free range homeless people.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I knew the most empty person working in a food or cosmetic stuff with animals...A beautiful body for a no brain girl in her 20's...These people are cold like ice...
Those are the people I don't care a little bit if they die like...in the worst car accidents...something like that...They are useless to this world, they are instead toxic members of this world

I am vegetarian since fall 2008 and images of tortured animals make me cry fountains...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

To me it highlights the arrogance of humans. "It's only a chicken, I laughed as it died. It had no purpose in life, it was unintelligent, it doesn't feel anything and I don't care about anything but myself."

This.

And humans are arrogant, to the core. It proper makes me sick to think of the sick bastards who do crap like this. Have they no souls? I watched (about 30 seconds before I turned it off) a show about a abbatoir (sp) once. And this twisted **** was screaming in the face of the pigs, kicking them and punching them, having a right old laugh at poor scared beings expenses. Before punching a hole in their head with a bolt gun, without stunning them, and usually without killing them, cos the sicko wanted to see them suffer. All the other workers there just let him get on with it, which makes them as guilty as he was. It made my blood run cold. I'd love to have had an hour in a room with him, me, and a chainsaw. And I hate myself for thinking like that, cos it lowers me to his/their level.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Screw the chicken farmers. Give me a bow and some grouse any day. meat's better plus at least you're putting the bird to death by your own hands.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Why is it vegans always feel they can control what I eat?

No one tells YOU what to eat.

Our diets are not the danger. It's your political perspective that places humanity at risk, imo.

Why is it that meat eaters always must post on animal abuse threads about their superiority to animals and thus are allowed to do whatever you want as long as it makes your stomach full? This thread wasn't even about vegan vs. meat eaters. It was about a distasteful topic that happens in chicken factories not about how good meat taste and how it is a human right to degrade, destroy and torture anything we want as long as it is cheap and makes our lives easier.

So if you want to comment on how chickens don't compare to humans on suffering scale and this isn't a big deal then you will get some vegans (who shouldn't be) post things about why it is good to be vegan.

BUT I REALIZED YOU NEVER QUOTED PEOPLE WHO WERE TRYING TO CONVERT VEGANS INTO MEAT EATERS????

But that doesn't matter.....................

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
man, after reading this just now, i still want to hurl
this is SO sad and evil. its sad to know, thier are people who can be hired for work, who have no soul or feelings. i truely do hope, who or whatever organization it is, stops this Immediatly. at least euthanize them! or have a elivery truck or soemthing take the chicks back to a local farm.
what company is responable for this? i dont ever wanna buy thier products agian!! in a sick sense..i kinda hope one day 2 or 3 of those workers tosing the chicks into grinders, get thier hands magled up in the grinder...hows it feel buddy? bet it hurts dosnt it..just like those chicks felt

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
It's going to be pretty strange when TSHTF and your free range meats and veggies are impossible to find. When you're starving, I wonder how your ethics will stand up to hard times? Guess you've never been there yet!
Zindo

yeah, beacause vegetarians and vegans havnt been around for thousands of years... we have no idea how to find and grow our own food..

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hmmm, as it says in the link, if someone would take all those male chicks they would be happy to give them away but nobody wants them. If all those people getting angry about it really cared THAT much maybe you should all band together and take as many chicks off their hands as possible.

Then there are people posting about how those that do it have no souls. Yes there are those that may take a grim pleasure in this line of work but have you considered any other reasons why they may be doing this?? Perhaps this is the only way they can support themselves and their family?? Unless you can guarantee any of these people a better job i suggest you lay off the judging of their souls....

If that was my only alternative i think that i would be able to do this. The chick is basically insta killed. Would I feel wrong or bad about it? Probably not, thats the way the world is, cruelty happens, if i had to kill my puppy, i know i would choose the most efficient, painless way to do so.

"Meat is murder, tastey tastey murder"

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIrishman

ok. jump into an industrial grinder then. i see no differance in throwing a chick in one than a human baby.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It is a shame it happens like this.

A meat lover myself, I will turn a blind eye and continue chowing down.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
I think this is kind of tame really. Sure it looks bad, but the pain and suffering lasts less then a second.

A lobster shoved into a boiling pot of water alive is a lot crueler then this. When was the last time anyone on ATS mentioned that poor lobster?

pain equals tasty animals.

There is room on this Earth fo rall God's creations..... right next to the mashed potatoes.

now, as an omnivore, i have to ask, after watching more than a few nature shows, would people be more comfortable if we just took the animals down with claws and teeth and ate them while they're still alive (tho dying)?

Would gun control fanatics be happier if people were thrown out of windows instead?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
reply to post by TheIrishman

ok. jump into an industrial grinder then. i see no differance in throwing a chick in one than a human baby.

Here, this is the mindset I see in a lot of you vegan treehuggers.

And I'm being called a sociopath?

How can you put a human life on the same level as a chicken, maybe the lack of proteine is affecting your judgement.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

Id have no problem with doing that but im not a huge fan of eating every meat raw...nor are my bowels.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Its not a place I'd want to work anytime soon, but those are some of the practical realities of feeding a population of 300 million in the US. If there's no economic incentive to keeping them alive, there's really nothing else they can do with them. That said, the process needs to destroy them instantly and as humanely as is possible on that large of a scale, and I'm not sure the current method depicted in the video does that.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

im not vegan, and i use protien shakes any ways...

I make that comparison because both are cute lil things. both are pure and new. both have never made a decision in their life.

how can you not find this sick, if this didnt upset one bone in your body then there is someting wrong with you. seriously.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join