It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

male chicks are ground up alive at an egg factory

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

An animal rights group publicized a video Tuesday showing unwanted chicks being tossed alive into a grinder at an Iowa plant and accused egg hatcheries of being "perhaps the cruelest industry" in the world.

Truly sad and despicable. I already don't eat meat and eggs, and this just affirms why I do not. Makes me ashamed to be a human being, which is happening more and more every day...

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

As a lover of all animals and a chicken owner, this truly makes me sick and breaks my heart! I had baby chicks a couple of years ago, and it was coming a flooding rain one afternoon...I noticed a couple of the chicks hadn't gone into the coop. I went out and found one of my chicks in a puddle, drown. I picked that chick up, squeezed on his little chest and have him mouth to beak.... I know that sounds hysterical, but I was crying....that chick started breathing again. He grew into a beautiful banty rooster!

Now that I read that....it is funny....mainly because its true!

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is why I only eat free-range, local, no hormone eggs and meats.

This is why. Factories are awful places.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

Actually they said something about free range places in the article and how they didn't treat the animals much better. I would eat that stuff too, if it was humane. But there is just something about breeding something only to murder it that churns my stomach....

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I saw the video of one of these the other day and I truly felt like dying inside. At that instant I wanted the dwarf star to hit earth because what other hope is there but to completely destroy the evil in this world. Unfortunately all the good would be destroyed as well.

There are not enough people that fight these causes. The majority of the people consume and that is all they do. No thought into putting a little time and researching what really happens to these animals that are all sentient creatures and deserve as we do, to live their own lives.

Words such as horrifying and agony are not sufficient to express the absolute atrocities that these animal farming companies and people commit without the living realization that these creatures feel pain, loneliness and suffering just like us.

Personally I would like to see a government that bans the eating of all animals. You would think in a 1st world nation that these atrocities would be hugely illegal. But they don't give a damn. So it's up to us to change things and force that change upon them.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I have had enough of the food industry. Nothing is more sickening than the food industry.

We need to go back to the gardens and farms of old.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
S&F. It's despicable!
I can't watch it.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
My aunt and uncle just "adopted" about 13 chicks from a hatchery where they just stuff them in a garbage bag and toss 'em in the dumpster...ALIVE..their son in law just went to the hatchery and got them for free-I would totally get some chickens if I lived in the country. Most of my aunt an uncles chicks are roosters. They all have names and a cute little mobile house and pen he built. They are not animal rights activists or vegetarians for that matter, just decent country people.

The desensitizing nature of working at a factory farm is detrimental to humans -only the most desperate and poor usually take those jobs.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Yea, it is terrible. Doesn't make me stop eating stuff like that, just makes me long for my own farm. Just cause you kill something and eat it doesn't mean you've got to be a bastard about it.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I rescued a chick once from a chicken house. The semi had come and got the chicks and some escaped. I caught one and took it home. I named it prissy...when as the chick grew, I came to realize that it was a rooster..I renamed him Prisstopher....
He followed me all over the yard and would get in my lap and want me to hug and pet him.... Animals, all of them, have feelings and give and receive love!!! You will never convince me otherwise!!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Sheesh! What a waste of good future chicken meat! Just a bit of grain and these male chicks could have made a good stew! I mean, really. My grandpa would never have done this. He would have nurtured them, gave them names and eventually cut their heads off and we would all have a great meal. I don't understand why people would abuse young chicks, when they could abuse them later, when they had some value to them.

I hope you know I am being facisous. Is that the correct spelling?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia

Personally I would like to see a government that bans the eating of all animals.

You mean as in Jail-time for 'animal eaters?'

Plants are lifeforms too. Plant eating should also be banned.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I am human and I am an Omnivore. I eat chicken salad.

The way I see it is that food is food. Life feeds on life.

If a couple of male chicks are hatched and they are instantly ground up to be re-fed to our food, than I am ok with that.

If you are afraid of little chicks feelings being hurt by going into a meat grinder just remember that the little chicks death is most likely instant and suffering is kept to a microsecond of time.

This is my opinion, as I am sure some share it with me. I also respect that others have the opinion that chicks being thrown alive into a meat grinder is unusual and cruel and inhumane to other forms of life.

Sometimes I wonder how many bugs and incects I am unknowingly killing every time I go for a walk. It is a holocaust every time I walk across the yard. Poor bugs. Than I just realize that it is all a part of life.

This is a very touchy subject. How should humans regard other life forms. And should we view our meat food differently than animals in the wild.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by wiredamerican]

[edit on 1-9-2009 by wiredamerican]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It's going to be pretty strange when TSHTF and your free range meats and veggies are impossible to find. When you're starving, I wonder how your ethics will stand up to hard times? Guess you've never been there yet!
Zindo

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

I have to agree with you.

I might add that, for me, it is hard to feel sorry for a chicken. Sure they look cute and fluffy as chicks. But these are the same animals that will peck one of their own to death simply because it might have a speck on it that it didn't happen to have yesterday.

These are the same animals where if one of their own gets a cut these animals will peck at it until it dies.

Ants are more intlligent and we regard them as pests and exterminate them if they infest our yards.

Kind of a weird thing really.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

That's why I only go to local free-range farms. Farms that I've been to, that I know well.

I weigh 93 lbs, I can't be a veggie or vegan because it makes me anemic. I don't do dairy much, I think it's just as cruel at butchery in many cases. When you get local, farm milk, it's not always pasteurized. So I just use caution.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Actually they said something about free range places in the article and how they didn't treat the animals much better. I would eat that stuff too, if it was humane. But there is just something about breeding something only to murder it that churns my stomach....

Why else would you raise chickens?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
My greatest conspiracy theory is that some aliens use humans and animals in a breeding experiement, they combine human bovine humanpoultry human swine on down the line, then when they abduct certain humans they force feed them the mix, after that the abductees have a difficult time eating any form of meat.

I know I am weird, but its no different than wishing for a darkstar to come and wipe out the cruelty of this world... yes I have wished too...

But then there are other stories like mouth to beak that give my heart hope.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I have had chickens for years and haven't experienced any such behavior with mine.

But anyway... in a survival situation I would not hestitate to kill a chicken to feed my family. We fish and hunt to do the same, but to run any small and helpless animal alive through a grinder seems cruel to me.....

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Why else would you raise chickens?

I wouldn't breed and raise chickens at all...Just like I don't breed dogs...I got mine from the humane society.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join