It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

male chicks are ground up alive at an egg factory

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I think this is kind of tame really. Sure it looks bad, but the pain and suffering lasts less then a second.

A lobster shoved into a boiling pot of water alive is a lot crueler then this. When was the last time anyone on ATS mentioned that poor lobster?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
you know, i feel like maybe when these industries first developed, they were intended to be something other than what they became. just look at the snack food industry. it was never intended to become as big as it became. snacks were the occasional treat and everyone knew it. then those people had kids lol

long story short, i think hatcheries should never have been allowed to become this thing they have "blossomed" into over time. then again, i think there are many things that simply never should have been and yet, here they remain but it's a journey, so time will always tell.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Ok, let me rephrase the question.

What purpose does a chicken have?

If they all went away right now, will we have lost anything?

They are cheap, plentiful and taste good. They are good for us, when cooked properly.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I'm not going to watch the video. Knowing this sort of thing happens is depressing enough. Sure, I eat meat, but grinding anything alive is barbaric.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

I have to agree with you.

I might add that, for me, it is hard to feel sorry for a chicken. Sure they look cute and fluffy as chicks. But these are the same animals that will peck one of their own to death simply because it might have a speck on it that it didn't happen to have yesterday.

These are the same animals where if one of their own gets a cut these animals will peck at it until it dies.

Ants are more intlligent and we regard them as pests and exterminate them if they infest our yards.

Kind of a weird thing really.

You think those actions are dumb? Let me tell you about one of the dumbest animals around. HUMANS.
'
-These animals poison the home they live in...yes poison knowingly...
-These animals fight, kill and torture each other because someone disagreed with another or over paper that holds no value except these animals BELIEF.
-These animals kill things fun.
-These animals kill things because another animal wrote about an invisible being in the sky that wants them to do things without proof. So many of these animals have killed MILLIONS over the years due to the invisible thing that the other animal made up.
-These animals are the only animals that have created torture devices which are often used as tools for amusement.
-These animals are the only animals that like to crowd around and watch other species (or theirs) maime and kill each other for fun.

If only some advanced race of aliens did not think of humans like you think of chickens. Then you would have been in the grinder LONG ago!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I'm glad you regard yourself as a dumb animal.

I on the other hand hold myself up to a higher standard. But atleast we agree on one thing.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Hi, I wanted to say thank You for bringing that to Our attention here. It is absolutely EVIL what is occurring across the nation in slaughter houses, and poultry plants. I think there can be a better way.

S&F

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Looks as if they are fair game as an animal protein source for ruminants:

www.datcp.state.wi.us...

I question the wisdom of feeding from a source that wouldn't naturally be found in the animal's diet & ruminants are naturally obligate herbivores.

books.google.com...,+obligate+herbivores%3F&source=gbs_navlinks_s

Ruminants are, without exception, obligate herbivores...

Chapter 4, p. 89

The Ecology of Browsing and Grazing
Alan J. Duncan and Dennis P. Poppi

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Ok, let me rephrase the question.

What purpose does a chicken have?

If they all went away right now, will we have lost anything?

They are cheap, plentiful and taste good. They are good for us, when cooked properly.

Oh man, this post is laughable. Let me ask YOU something...what purpose do you have? If you died tomorrow, what effect would you have on the rest of the 6.5 billion people in this world? Would anyone care except a few people you know? Would the world CHANGE? The answer is no. You are just as meaningless as a chicken is in the larger scheme of things. You eat, sh*t and take up space, just like they do. You will die like them. You will burn if fire touches you. You are just as weak and vulnerable as they are. You mean NOTHING. Absolutely NOTHING. And if you think you are anything above a chicken, then you are just DELUSIONAL.

To answer YOUR question, a chicken mean NOTHING, just like you and me. But that doesn't mean I would think someone coming into your house and killing you would be justifiable just because you serve no purpose in mine and everyone else's lives!

[edit on 1-9-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

In my world there are 2 1/2 people. When I leave them I believe my life will have impacted them in a major way.

The other 6 plus billion are of no consequance to me.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by jd140]

Atleast we agree that chickens do not impact anything.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by jd140]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

In my world there are 2 1/2 people. When I leave them I believe my life will have impacted them in a major way.

The other 6 plus billion are of no consequance to me.

You're simple minded, which is okay. Most people are. It allows them to stay protected in their safe mental box.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Aw, congrats to you and your wife!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Simple minded huh?

Forgive me if I'm not bothered by that comment from a person who thinks that he is a dumb animal.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by elfie
reply to post by jd140

Aw, congrats to you and your wife!

That post is sure to be removed as will this one. I hope you get to read my thanks before it is removed. Needless to say I am one proud papa.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Simple minded huh?

Forgive me if I'm not bothered by that comment from a person who thinks that he is a dumb animal.

Oh, I suggest you watch some videos on how large and complex the universe is. You will feel like a dumb, insignificant animal too!
But remember, just keep your mind within your apartment/house and be unaware of complexity. Then you can continue to feel significant and safe and warm.................

[edit on 2-9-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I never claimed to be significant in the universe.

That is why I said my world involves only 2 1/2 people. If I die tonight it won't impact you at all, but it will impact those people.

That is why I live my life for them and not for some person who claims he is a dumb animal.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ah, the cycle of life. Everything that lives must die someday.

I have no interest of watching videos of anything dying and I don't really like watching lettuce or flowers wilt either.

I don't much like factory farms either because they cause lots of problems - mostly local pollution from the concentrated waste and then the disease caused by the waste & cramped quarters.

As far as eating animal flesh - well it certainly taste good, it makes me strong gives me energy to make my life possible. Of course it's better the closer to it's natural habitat as possible, but the earth is not big enough to feed everyone here if we only ate what nature provides the way nature provides it.

It's luxury to eat meat, but it's just as much a luxury to eat all the fine vegetables grown under artificial lights in artificial climate controlled grow houses or that which is flown in or trucked in from all over the world.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

And humans don't kill or commit acts of violence towards one another?

Imo we have to learn to eat less meat for a, ethical reasons, animals are more than flesh on a production line, b. animal rearing causes much of the greenhouse gasses, c,. too much meat is not good for us.

According to the National Agricultural
Statistics Service, the following number of animals were slaughtered in the US in 2008:

cattle 34.4 million (avg/day 94,247)
calves 956,600 (avg/day 2,621)
hogs 116.5 million (avg/day 319,178)
sheep and lambs 2.56 million (avg/day 7,014)
chickens 9,075,261,000 (avg/day 24,863,729)
turkeys 3,672,000 (avg/day 10,060)
Are the majority of these animals respected in their short lives..I doubt it very much....this is bad Karma for us humans, we don't own the world or the creatures on it.

Pigs are known to have the intelligence equivalant of a three year old child, yet suffer in intensive farming.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
So there's a problem that the chicks are fresh??? I don't understand this. Should they rot away in some dungeon for few weeks before we can enjoy them?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

I'm not going to feel guilty for eating meat with every meal. If that is what you are trying to accomplish then you might as well stop.

I will continue to eat every animal on your list until the day I die. I do not care how it gets on my plate. The only concern I will have is if they were cooked to my liking.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join