It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

male chicks are ground up alive at an egg factory

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i bet the ground up chicks are used for something too. probably chicken mcnugggets.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Welcome to the food chain, birds! You're gonna DIEEEE!

Seriously, we are animals. We eat. That's life. A government that bans animal eating is a government that condemns its people to starvation, so whoever made that suggestion on the first page gets a bit thumbs down for being heartless.

Yeah, starve the human race so we can save some farm animals, that makes sense.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45
This happens all the time and everywhere in america and nothing is done about it because the industries involved bribe the govt to leave them alone.

But Michael Vick gets two years in prison.

Vick was killing dogs for entertainment... I don't think this is really a valid argument.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Me too, if it doesn't come from my local farm, I don't have anything to do with it.

This is disgusting.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
To me it highlights the arrogance of humans. "It's only a chicken, I laughed as it died. It had no purpose in life, it was unintelligent, it doesn't feel anything and I don't care about anything but myself."

When TSHTF - Battery homeless people will be cheaper than free range homeless people.

The people who say those things must bear in mind that in relative terms, there are others who view them in exactly that same manner. Some of those are very good people and still have compassion for them regardless of their relative lack of evolution. The other extreme see those people as a form of capital to be enslaved, exploited and tossed away.

Some may make such a statement out of an actual personal feelings of helplessness to do anything about it and need to cope with reality by becoming callous and insensitive on the surface. They believe this is a show of strength but really it's deep-seated fear. If one is numb it might be for one's own good because they're too feeble to handle feeling deeply on a conscious level. There's perhaps some hope for them. Others are simply sadistic and perhaps masochistic (self-destructive), revelling in the suffering and/or destruction of life and in actuality anything else.

Perhaps these ostensibly human beings were a necessary element for building a foundation but they will be "sexed" and figuratively tossed into the grinder themselves, deemed just as useless in the framework of a new world not based upon exploitation and greed.

However, the bottom line on this level of existence is noone is perfectly innocent. It's a tangled web of suffering where noone is fully aware of all the connections and consequences and from which we cannot completely free ourselves whilst maintaining any involvement, no matter how tenuous. Even so, due to our heightened awareness, we as humans are in a unique (or perhaps not unique, but privileged) postion to make choices-- kinder, more compassionate ones. "Nature does X" is not an excuse. "We are a product of nature, therefore all our actions are natural" is no excuse. Nature also gave of us the gift to choose at higher level and transcend brute feeding and survival.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
reply to post by Point of No Return

im not vegan, and i use protien shakes any ways...

I make that comparison because both are cute lil things. both are pure and new. both have never made a decision in their life.

how can you not find this sick, if this didnt upset one bone in your body then there is someting wrong with you. seriously.

This implied that you're a vegan:

yeah, beacause vegetarians and vegans havnt been around for thousands of years... WE have no idea how to find and grow our own food..

I'm not shocked, because I know what goes on in these bio industries. I find it wrong on a moral level and don't think it's healthy, but, I don't feel bad emotionally because of these specific chickens.

What is sick, is that you compare a chicken to a baby and think it's a fair comparison.

There is nothing wrong with me, I don't like the situation, but I'm not going to get emotional over this, maybe some people are bit more hardened when it comes to stuff like this.

It's a cruel world out there, better get used to it.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

their is actually a 50/50 chance in that statement that i am either vegen or vegetarian. you assumed i was vegan you were wrong.

you can argue all you like how my morals and values are wrong, but i dont care, im not gonna change to ajust to your liking.

Infact i dont really care what you think anymore, and am not going to waste anymore time talking to you.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return

So you support being cruel and addition to the cruelty pool because other people/things are cruel. Nice.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Vegan, vegetarian whatever, at least you admit that you need protein shakes, kindoff defeats the idea that we don't need meat naturally, doesn't it?

Or are you going to grow those shakes to when the SHTF?

You don't have to change to my liking, we're just having a discussion here.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

So you support being cruel and addition to the cruelty pool because other people/things are cruel. Nice.

Like I said above, it is a lame excuse for a "sentient" being to justify its attitudes and behavior that way. Many with that attitude will tout the greatness, glory and ingenuity of mankind while rationalizing why those traits shouldn't be used to eliminate atrocious acts.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

actually i take them becuase of my weight training, smart arse.

and i dont really care about when the shtf because i dont see it happening, and if it does, im prepared to kill for food if i have to.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
My hubby works at a chicken plant and has never seen anything like this. He works for maintnence and is all over thaat plant too.. It's Pilgrims pride, they are very humane not all hatcheries are like this.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

No, I recognize the problem, like I pointed out a few times before, I'm just not going to be a stereotype crybaby about it, I see stuff happening that is way worse, I have a sense called perspective, and I don't go off into mandatory outrage mode because of the graphic nature of this video.

I'm just saying that if you can't even handle the chickengrinder, your in for a world of hurt.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

how exactly are they in for a world of hurt, what are you implying. are you talkiing of losing a loved one, because that is what you sound like. like you lost someone close to you , and now nothing can compare to it. is that it?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

how exactly are they in for a world of hurt, what are you implying. are you talkiing of losing a loved one, because that is what you sound like. like you lost someone close to you , and now nothing can compare to it. is that it?

Easy there Dr Phil, I'm just saying that with the state the world is in, and the things that lie ahead of us, there's worse things than watching some chickens die.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

actually i take them becuase of my weight training, smart arse.

and i dont really care about when the shtf because i dont see it happening, and if it does, im prepared to kill for food if i have to.

So wait,you use shakes to gain weight? Can't you gain weight on your 'normal' diet?

Tell me why people eat meat again? Where do you think the protein in your shake comes from?

Aren't you cheating? You don't condone the killing of animals for protein but you'll drink shakes that majority of the time are comprised of egg white? Sure somewhere in the making of your shake animals where harmed.

I think the person you called a smart arse must be and maybe just maybe he might be getting more protein than you with your 3 glasses a day. Do you use milk with your shakes or do you have to go soy?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Very sad but is there a better alternative? The grinder, although it conjures up terrible imagery, is instantaneous, as the article points out. So if this method was banned, what would replace it and would it be as quick?

I remember animal rights groups making a big fit about mouse traps due to the fact they broke the necks of the mice. It was instant but the groups rallied for an alternative. Now we have the sticky traps to appease them but they are appalling because the mice take days to die. I won't even allow my husband to bring them into our home and now animal rights activists are calling for the return of the standard trap.

So this grinder issue makes me think of that. In our effort to make it more humane, will it actually be humane and instant?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RankRancid

Exactly, plus he admits he would kill animals in order to survive, so who is the egotistic hypocryte?

As soon as it would affect him, his morals go out the window.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Point of No Return]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RankRancid

? do you not understand the body? protien is for building muscle.the shake do not put on wieght. i have no problem with putting on weiht and am not underweight.

i am not vegan, many vegetarians eat eggs. there is no meat in my milk shakes the ones i buy, aloughi cannot say the same for all of them .

and i drink milk. vegetarianism , if done well is more healthy than a meat diet anyway. i dont preach to meat eaters that they shoudlnt do that, so whats the problem with the way i choose to live my life>?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Easy there Dr Phil, I'm just saying that with the state the world is in, and the things that lie ahead of us, there's worse things than watching some chickens die.

What really makes one thing worse or better? The world is in this state for the purpose of driving us past it. It was a choice to exacerbate it, regardless of its intrinsic nature. The choices will make it more difficult and painful to pass through the gate.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join