It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

male chicks are ground up alive at an egg factory

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I actually refuse to eat lobster just for that reason.

And I don't advocate that anyone else does either.

The only difference is taht people tend to eat lobster a lot less then chicken.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

? i chose to become vegetarian,because we currently live in an enviroment that it is viable. if there was no shops. no easy food like that. then i would have no choice to revert back to eating meat. that is not egotistical, it is survival and instinct..

i cannot live off grass and flowers, plus i am not a skilled enough survivalist to pick out enought edible plants.

there is no need to get nasty, why have you soloed me out. you must have expected many people like me in a thread such as this.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Yes, and that 's why this stuff doesn't really affect me that much, it's just another symptom of a big disease that hopefully will be cured some day.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

So this grinder issue makes me think of that. In our effort to make it more humane, will it actually be humane and instant?

I don't know...maybe gassing them or something? I just think that there is a possibility that they are not killed instantaneously...and they are lying amongst grinded up bodies bleeding to death. Gassing would probably be better. Or smashing...putting them all in a big area and sending down a lever that releases a ton pound iron lachey that smashes them all in a second...

There are definitely better ways that grinding them up.

Even though if we didn't mass breed animals we wouldn't have to think up horrible ways to kill them when they are just born

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Well, you came in here all riled up comparing chickens to babies, and telling people to jump into industrial grinders for posting something you didn't agree with.

You were doing so from a vegan/vegetarian standpoint, so it felt right to point out the hypochrysm.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

ok ,we got off to a wrong start. lets just agree to disagree .

we cool?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Thing is- there's not much of a step between this and humans. People will claim there is- but really, there isn't- and society is right there. True, we aren't stuffing people into literal 'grinders'- but look how society is treating the unwanted. I'll say it's maybe 2 generations from people being Soylent Greened- the unloved, the unwanted, the sick, the infirmed... The future version off ATS will have a similar thread on it: "unwanted humans euthanized and ground up for food" Mostly, it'll be people worried the chemicals used to euthanize is getting into the food supply.

Being one of the unwanted, trust me- I can see it happening.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I wish with whole me heart I could be a vegan / vegetarian but ............... I'm simply a human with a reptile brain .... hence I have animal-like desires ..............

The meat industry sucks and I try to avoid eating ' bad' meat but to be honest when I buy something in a shop I never KNOW 100% IF the meat I am buying is ' animal friendly' or not.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Jeah we cool

But out of curiousity, why are you a vegetarian? Do you just don't want eat something that lived, is it the way the animal is raised?

i chose to become vegetarian,because we currently live in an enviroment that it is viable. if there was no shops. no easy food like that. then i would have no choice to revert back to eating meat. that is not egotistical, it is survival and instinct..

Cause you do agree that it is in our instinct to eat meat and we need it to survive if we have to live of the land, like we naturally did.

So are you going against your natural instincts by being a vegetarian?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

yes i am going against my natural instinct. and i became a vegetarian, because i dont like the thought of eating another living being, that has been killed to be put on my plate.

i find it kinda morbid to be honest.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I definately respect that, and I also respect that you don't act like man never was supposed to eat meat.

Good for you.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Why don't they send these chickens to starving nations?

Seems a horrible waste. I am sure people would rather eat male chickens then no chicken at all. What a shame!

Or is there any technology or genetics being developed to induce only female chickens being laid?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Well now that's the point. I see no wrong with the way YOU live your life. Not once have I said that there is anything wrong with the way you live. Not once have I demanded that you change anything. It's your life,live it.

Yes I understand the human body very well. Whey protein by itself does absolutely nothing for your muscles unless you are working on them.Except??...Add weight. Now something like superpump. Will directly affect your delivery system(veins sticking out and repair of the muscle). I've never looked at what goes into that because I will never take it.

I found contradictions in your statements and was pointing them out. You are as much of a part in this animal industry just as much as the next. You pointing out the facts of you drinking milk and willing to kill animals for food just goes to show that you aren't better than meat eaters.

I forget where I read it but believe that scientists thought man started evolving(brain wise) when they first started eating fish and gaining those much needed proteins(hence first human tools found on coast lines). Not everyone can afford to get their protein from shakes. Hell there is a world out there that doesn't even know your protein shakes exist.

All the people on this thread claiming they should ban meat are just plain mad. Millions are starving due to the fact of no food now you going to take meat away. Yeah save the animals,kill the poor...Disgusting

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RankRancid

i never said i was better than anyone else. I only dont eat meat for myself. if that makes sense.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Yes, and that 's why this stuff doesn't really affect me that much, it's just another symptom of a big disease that hopefully will be cured some day.

What is the cure for the disease?

Also, why the need for covert filming? Why keep it largely out of the public eye? Why not have class field trips to these kinds of places for the kids? If you want a less biased response of what is truely in our nature, it might be a good thing. Who knows what might happen.

CX

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Is there really that much difference in the quality of female and male chicken meat then?

Sorry for sounding thick, but i didn't realise that it was only hens that were eaten, i was sure that roosters could be too.

I think AshleyD brings up a good point, at least this is instantaneous, well at least for most of them that don't slip through. I don't know enough about hatcheries to know what a better and quicker alternative would be.

I must admit it did seem a little OTT just chucking them in the grinder like that, i'm a sucker for a baby animal as much as the next person. Plus, unless you are around animals being prepared for food all the time, of course this will look even worse.

So yeah, not a nice video to watch, then again i love eating chicken so i'm on the fence with the whole issue.

Definately wouldn't ban meat though, a dangerous idea if ever i heard one. Yes there are many vegetarians in the world, but not enough people know how to eat like that in a healthy way IMO.

You'd have people dropping like flies.

CX.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Yes sir. That makes perfect sense.

I wish you all the best in what you are trying to achieve. This size that you are trying to gain. Make sure you can drag it around

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Oops, wrong thread.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Point of No Return]

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Point of No Return]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
How do I buy a box of males?
I know of a dozen hens who would adopt them at a nearby horse stable. They could earn their keep controling flies.
Not all roosters are bad tempered.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If it's safe and economical.

Artificial meat production could prevent disease

If there's a better alternative, there's no need to slaughter animal needlessly.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join