It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thirteen Goals of a Witch

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Well, I mean hell -

Christians are trying to convert everyone...

Jews are stealing from everyone.....

Muslims are trying to destroy the free world.....

Witches are "obviously" satanic and evil.....

Stereotypes are the fad of the ages.
Let's not actually study that which we condemn. I mean hell - the world is flat and we never landed on the moon either.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Isaiah 14 refers to Lucifer, who is not Satan. Apparently Lucifer was some sort of ruler at that time. Lucifer means light bearer. Satan is hardly a light bearer.

if I remember correctly, Lucifer was the light bearer and an actual angel. Satan (later the devil) were respectively hebrew (saitan)/(old testament) and greek (diabolos)/(new testament) language constructs that meant 'the adversary', and specifically, the adversary(s) of capital G God.

as such, the local deities, ie pan, behemoth, kali, asmodeus, pluto, Ra, etc were considered adversaries due to mere existence (thou shalt have no other gods before me), and became lumped under 'the devil'

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by KarlG

I never personally accused you of trying to sway anyone. My accusation was directed towards the original poster.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

If OP found those ideas so interesting, then he or she could share them on a witchcraft site.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

You might say it's selfish, but hey, it circumvents all the problems and complaints of brainwashing and extremism and trying to FORCE beliefs onto others.

Funny you should think that Christians force their beliefs on others. Actually, they extend a hand of help to others. Most of the people I know who have converted to Christianity did so because it filled a need in their lives. It gave them hope for a life hereafter, a purpose for this life, and an understanding of the love of God for them in their daily lives. Most of them came to me or people like me because of the life we live and enjoy, the family stability and happiness we exhibit in our daily living, and the love we show for each other. You don't drive people into church stalls like cattle. Virtually every convert I have brought into Christianity came to me.

You can live life as a Wiccan, or a Christian. You can eat cold cereal without milk and sugar, too. You can walk to work or drive. You can enjoy food or curse it. God gave you Christianity so you could live a joyful life. Of course, it is not a requirement to have a joyful life. You can be a little less fulfilled and be a Wiccan. Take a hint. Considering that you have noted that Wiccans were here a long time before Christianity, how come there aren't billions of Wiccans? Where are they? Where is the local Wiccan church on my street? There are 40 Christian churches in a square mile around me, but there is not one Wiccan church. Do they hide? Are they ashamed of what they do? If their works were good, wouldn't they be coming to the light?

I rest my case.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
reply to post by spacebot

Witchcraft has existed for thousands of years. There are families that pass witchcraft from generation to generation.

However, there are also people who don't know what religion to believe in. They have been burned by mainstream religion for one reason or another. They figure that the Creator must not be an old man in the sky, but something "real."

I don't know what to make of your last statement... "burned", and yet they still believe in something "real"?

It is true witchcraft has existed for generations, families pass down their practices, rituals, parent to child, father to son, etc. Personally, I was born in another religion, but I was fortunate enough to not be "active" in my religion to the point I believed in it without doubt and comprehension.

I took a step back, considered all religions carefully, eliminated the obvious ones, like Hinduism and Islam, and then decided to be a witch because of the weird feelings I felt around nature, and also because being a witch essentially is a "loner religion".

You don't have to go to church, you don't have to go to temples. The place of peace, and to a LOOSER extent, "worship", is an altar in the safety of your own home, tucked away in a closet or a room, where you can sit and meditate, decorate, play music over, basically do what you want with no one to judge, comment, or even SEE.

For me, I like my personal space, and witchcraft places emphasis on one's personal space (selfish religion, whatever, blah blah), so to be able to do that, and just calm myself down in the privacy of my own home, is the main factor why I chose to practice witchcraft instead of the more "mainstream", "yay-let's-get-together-and-go-to-church" religions.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

If Christians find their ideas so interesting, then they could share them on a Christian site. This is ATS, and we should feel free to share any idea on any subject! Me thinks you just want to shove us back into the 'broom closet'!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Well-said, my friend.

I wasn't condemning your religion, in fact, yes, THAT same thing you're saying is what many people say about their own religion. Each person has his or her own tastes, has his or her own preferences. Many people like the "togetherness" of church, but for me, I like the "loner" feeling of practicing witchcraft (read above).

It's not just limited to being a loner, but if I find other witches like me in New Age bookstores or herb shops, who share common interests as me, we can get together and form a coven. We go to each other for support and help, and we get together on weekends to try each other's homemade tea brews, to see what they've done with their altars (by invitation and ease only), to hike and enjoy nature.

On special holidays, like Samhain, or the witch equivalent of Halloween, we get together, perform rituals that commemorate our beloved friends and family who have passed before us, and even if no one has died in our families prior, we still give thanks and blessings that we are still alive to enjoy all life and nature has to offer.

If someone moves house, or decides not to be in our coven anymore for religious or lack of time purposes, we wish him or her well, and he or she just doesnt come for our gatherings anymore. It's incredibly liberating, to be able to have your free space, yet still have support, and to not actively "go after" people to get them to join. It's optimistic and it really helps in this hectic, horrible world. It's not so much a religion as it is a very organized, very thoughtful hobby.

Thus, we all find some comfort in the things we believe in. To condemn someone else's religion as "Satanic" just because it doesn't fit in with yours or "the mainstream religions" is unnecessary and uncalled for, and so far I have only seen that kind of behavior in two types of religions, Islam and Christianity.

I'm just saying what I have observed, no condemnation here, again.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by KarlG]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Christian threads don't belong on ATS, there's no disputing that.

If you want to talk about "any subject" then you can use BTS instead of ATS.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Most of the people I know who have converted to Paganism did so because it filled a need in their lives that was not filled by any mainstream, organized religion. While I will debate the validity of some beliefs here on ATS, the only real problem I have with any organized religion is the need to convert others to their way of thinking and the forcing of their values and beliefs on those who choose not to follow their religion.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This is white magic, the positive counterpart to black magic, which surely existed for as long as we have.

It doesnt necessarily mean that it is a good path to go on in this life just because of these goals. You are still attracting things that you most likely would not want to attract into your life if you knew what you are getting yourself into. Do some research on alchemy, the original magic, and ancient hermetic teaching to get a grasp of these concepts. They're not what their cracked out to be...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

You don't have to go to church, you don't have to go to temples. The place of peace, and to a LOOSER extent, "worship", is an altar in the safety of your own home, tucked away in a closet or a room, where you can sit and meditate, decorate, play music over, basically do what you want with no one to judge, comment, or even SEE.

You don't have to go to church to be a Christian, either. There are no commandments to go to church. Stay home if you like. I suggest you begin with the book of John. It's about love, the love of God for you. I think you might like it. It is very comforting.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I think you're right Byrd, Seems to me I found that list on line somwhere about 10 years ago or so.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Most of the people I know who have converted to Paganism did so because it filled a need in their lives that was not filled by any mainstream, organized religion. While I will debate the validity of some beliefs here on ATS, the only real problem I have with any organized religion is the need to convert others to their way of thinking and the forcing of their values and beliefs on those who choose not to follow their religion.

Funny you should think that Christians force their beliefs on others. Actually, they extend a hand of help to others. Most of the people I know who have converted to Christianity did so because it filled a need in their lives. It gave them hope for a life hereafter, a purpose for this life, and an understanding of the love of God for them in their daily lives. Most of them came to me or people like me because of the life we live and enjoy, the family stability and happiness we exhibit in our daily living, and the love we show for each other. You don't drive people into church stalls like cattle. Virtually every convert I have brought into Christianity came to me.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

If Christians find their ideas so interesting, then they could share them on a Christian site. This is ATS, and we should feel free to share any idea on any subject!

Now that's a rather contradictory statement..

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

You've been here for six months now and have not visited the board page yet??? I suggest you do so and scroll on down to the 'Mysterious Subjects' category. In addition to this forum, you will also find 'Conspiracies in Religion' and 'Origins and Creationism', which are stuffed full of Christian based threads. This thread is in the appropriate place, and even if it weren't, that's up to the Mods to decide. It's what they are here for.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

LOL. Funny! Repost. No comment here... read what I said above about Islam and Christianity.

I think I might read the book on John, if you say it does fit me. But remember, I get uncomfortable around "singular-being-worshipping". The moment things like "God is great, we must love Him and trust in Him to go to heaven" appears, I'm putting it down.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by KarlG]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint

If Christians find their ideas so interesting, then they could share them on a Christian site. This is ATS, and we should feel free to share any idea on any subject!

So, it's ok for wiccans to say something about their religious views but not ok for Christians? Here comes that double standard again.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint

He's using irony, dear. "If Christians... on a Christian site" to subvert what the previous poster (user name: lots of letters) said about "Wiccans... Wiccan site", followed by the rather truthful fact that this is ATS, and thus we should feel free to share any idea on any subject... Clearer now?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Muslims are trying to destroy the free world? are you outta your mind. By 2015 islam will be the largest observed religion in the world, now you tell me, 1+ billion people in the world are trying to take away your freedom? Hogwash

Do some research on the faith you might learn something and by that I mean research the Quran and nothing else because thats what Islam is and where it comes from, no other source is 100%

Check out Muslim Converts on You tube

That comment is just so ridiculous you are obviously buying into the satanic controlled sadistic media....

Doesnt it ever occur to people that the Elite are totally and completely trying to murder the religion of Islam right in front of our eyes?

Even after 9/11 the number of converts rose considerably in the US? The figure is now 20 000 per year (of converts).

Doesnt this tell us something?

Something to ponder

Peace and Blessings to All.

Originally posted by mf_luder

Well, I mean hell -

Christians are trying to convert everyone...

Jews are stealing from everyone.....

Muslims are trying to destroy the free world.....

Witches are "obviously" satanic and evil.....

Stereotypes are the fad of the ages.
Let's not actually study that which we condemn. I mean hell - the world is flat and we never landed on the moon either.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join