It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thirteen Goals of a Witch

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

reply to post by JaxonRoberts

"The One" is distinctly different from "the God and Goddess." Which one is correct??

Seems like less of a way to attain spiritual strength than a way to oppose mainstream Christianity.

Oh this is hilarious. You do realize that witchcraft preceded christianity by thousands of years...right? No, really. You honestly cannot believe this stuff. seems like nothing but flaming to me......

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying that nobody who practices Wicca could ever be oppositional towards Christianity because it's older, or are you saying from personal experience that your family lineage has practiced Wicca for 1000's of years?

It was a counter to your argument that wicca was about opposing mainstream christianity, when, historically speaking, it couldn't be more the opposite.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

The God and The Goddess are the masculine and feminine aspects of The One. The Divine is neither masculine or feminine, yet is both masculine and feminine, if that makes any sense. It (the Divine) is energy, and there is both masculine and feminine energy, but both are still energy.

That is dualism, which is Satanic.

By diving your creator into masculine and feminine energy you are engaging in nature worship. Masculine and feminine components serve no function outside of sexual reproduction.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

The God and The Goddess are the masculine and feminine aspects of The One. The Divine is neither masculine or feminine, yet is both masculine and feminine, if that makes any sense. It (the Divine) is energy, and there is both masculine and feminine energy, but both are still energy.

By diving your creator into masculine and feminine energy you are engaging in nature worship. Masculine and feminine components serve no function outside of sexual reproduction.

Once again, you are completely and totally only looking at this from a christian point of view. Wicca is satanism. This is exactly what I am talking about.

The heathenisation of a religion for the benefit of another. Nothing but power play and politics.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Dualism is not Satanic.

Satan worship is Satanic.

Please define 'satanic'.

This the online webster's definition of 'Satanic'......

Main Entry: sa·tan·ic
Pronunciation: \sə-ˈta-nik, sā-\
Function: adjective
Date: 1667
1 : of, relating to, or characteristic of Satan or satanism
2 : characterized by extreme cruelty or viciousness

and of 'Satanism'.....

Main Entry: sa·tan·ism
Pronunciation: \ˈsā-tə-ˌni-zəm\
Function: noun
Usage: often capitalized
Date: 1565
1 : innate wickedness
2 : obsession with or affinity for evil; specifically : worship of Satan marked by the travesty of Christian rites

— sa·tan·ist \-ist\ noun often capitalized

and finally - 'Satan'....

Main Entry: Sa·tan
Pronunciation: \ˈsā-tən\
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English, from Late Latin, from Greek, from Hebrew śāṭān adversary
Date: before 12th century
1 : the angel who in Jewish belief is commanded by God to tempt humans to sin, to accuse the sinners, and to carry out God's punishment
2 : the rebellious angel who in Christian belief is the adversary of God and lord of evil

Funny.

None of that mentions - witches - wizards- witchcraft, etc. But more importantly, it mentions nothing about dualism. Dualism or polytheism was - yet again - another of the things outlawed by the men of the early Christian church.

But I guess research outside of the bible doesn't matter, does it?

Try again please.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
When a new religion arrives - the old religion's Gods becomes the new religion's devils. I think where the myth of witches worshipping the devil come from is the fact that the God was generally represented with horns - not for some EVIL - OMGZERS purpose, but for the simple fact that early man relied heavily on the hunt to provide food for him and his family. Nature = animals = horns = the horned God. Christianity picked that ball up and threw it down the wrong alleyway.

That's where a lot of the misconceptions come from.

Worship of nature and a pantheon or two deities was around a LOT longer than Christianity ever was/is. Christianity was actually an off-shoot of Judaism and started out as a cult. Odd, isn't it?

But as I stated previously - the only quarrel witches have with Christianity is the overpowering belief that their way is the only way. Same with Jews, Muslims, etc.

In the older religions, a scapegoat was used to carry away the burden of the sins of the people. For a system of faith to then worship a horned god is a 180 turn. To worship a god symbolized as a beast of burden is also pretty ridiculous, if that's what you're trying to say.

Nature worship is NWO.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

reply to post by mf_luder

That is your own personal experience.

The members in a coven are usually encouraged to go sky-clad (mostly through modeling, peer pressure, and written information suggesting that it's "optional" or "customary") - especially the young females.

In belly dance class, the women are also encourage to dance topless, which I find to be kinda weird.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by vcwxvwligen]

So wait, you write that the previous poster is in the norm as this is only their own personal experience, yet you claim YOUR personal experience is what usually happens?

Hypocrite, much?

Truth be told, there is no "usually" when speaking of wicca. Nice try though.

I never said that his experience was normal

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

Whoa! I never said "No witches go sky-clad!" I said, "I don't go sky-clad."

Saying we all do is a generalization.

I never said that all witches go sky-clad, I said that it's hypocritical to suggest that doing so would give a practitioner some sort of spiritual advantage.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
imho, nature is like God's clothing.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

It was a counter to your argument that wicca was about opposing mainstream christianity, when, historically speaking, it couldn't be more the opposite.

That wasn't what I said.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Again, you are incorrect.

The worship of a horned God wasn't an attempt to carry away the 'sins of the people' (another Christian ideal).

The worship of a horned God was to promote the fertility of crops, the successes of hunts, the plentifulness of both, etc.

The Gods of the old religions were similar to humans. They had their flaws and their good qualities. When Christianity came around, they introduced an all-good deity. Therefore, there had to be an all-bad deity.. excuse me - all-bad "fallen angel" to focus the prayers and beliefs of the people to God. Sin was a concept introduced to indicate that all humans are born sinners. Very doom and gloom stuff going on there. Jesus was later introduced as the 'redeemer of all mankind's sins for eternity.'

But we are slowly travelling down a path of fighting over religious differences. Why can't you just accept that our religious beliefs are different than yours? We respect your religious choices. Respect ours.

Most Christians (and I keep saying Christians because of the past) can't accept what we are because of the lies associated with their beliefs about who we are, what we are capable of, and what we do/don't do. Do some actual research into the craft. Read about the God and the Goddess, learn that these beliefs were a long time before Christianity.

I have done extensive research both as an outside observer and finally as a practicioner. Believe me. This isn't something I jumped into because it was 'cool' or a 'fad'. I'm 26 years old and a bit past the fad stage of my life.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Those are the goals of the white witch.

The black witch wants the opposite.

Same old story - good versus bad.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Once again, you are completely and totally only looking at this from a christian point of view. Wicca is satanism. This is exactly what I am talking about.

The heathenisation of a religion for the benefit of another. Nothing but power play and politics.

Ok, then dualism is evil.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Don't get caught up in the labels, they don't really matter. In reality, I practice 'Jaxism', and the 'religion' only has one follower, ME!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm a witch.

Indeed, these 13 goals are most applicable to Wicca, or the religion that practices being one with the Earth, such that yourself and nature are attuned. I'm not really into Wicca all that much, mainly because I don't believe in a Goddess or God, but I'm a practicing witch because I believe, and mainly, can FEEL, the energies of nature around me (it's weird, I know).

So I just work rituals that celebrate life, that finetune the harmonies between me and my surroundings. For example, hanging certain kinds of herbs outside windows and doors invites different energies into your house, different insects, animals, included. It's a little of abstract science, really, but as long as it works I don't delve deep into the biology and chemistry and physics of it. I just know it's GOOD for me.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I would also point out that while all Witches are Wiccan, not all Wiccans are Witches.

I'll forgo the educational rant about the joke that is wicca as well as its founder and his *actual* goals.. which mostly involved getting nubile young maidens naked in the forest, since I'm sure that reality is completely lost on someone such as yourself.

but, suffice it to say, your phrasing is wrong. some witches are *giggle* wiccan, and not all wiccans are witches.

please leave revisionist history to the christians, they have so many more years of experience at it.

myself, I rather like going by this list of sins:
Stupidity, pretentiousness, solipsism, self deceit, herd conformity, lack of perspective, forgetfulness of past orthodoxies, counterproductive pride and lack of aesthetics.

yes yes I'm aware of the source and its notable past, but hey, I admit it and it works.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Satan was not a real person. He is a symbol of the pagan deities which required things like human sacrifice and sex ritual.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Figured I'd look up dualism, since I failed to do so previously....

Main Entry: du·al·ism
Pronunciation: \ˈdü-ə-ˌli-zəm also ˈdyü-\
Date: 1794
1 : a theory that considers reality to consist of two irreducible elements or modes
2 : the quality or state of being dual or of having a dual nature
3 a : a doctrine that the universe is under the dominion of two opposing principles one of which is good and the other evil b : a view of human beings as constituted of two irreducible elements (as matter and spirit)

— du·al·ist \-list\ noun

— du·al·is·tic \ˌdü-ə-ˈlis-tik, ˌdyü-\ adjective

— du·al·is·ti·cal·ly \-ti-k(ə-)lē\ adverb

Uh oh!?

So - what you're actually saying is that the idea that the universe is under the constant struggle of good and evil is in itself 'evil'?

Seems that Christianity and the other main stream religions believe that.

But not witches..........

So.....

What's your point? Maybe you incorrectly used the word 'dualism'.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Since you used the term Satanic, I will assume you are a Christian. As such, are you not a Pagan? Duality? You guys have a 'Trinity'! Yet you claim there is only 'One True God'! Which one is it? The Father? The Son? The Holy Spirit? Or does it go something like this:

What is wrong is to assign a gender to the Divine like the three Abrahamic religions have!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Satan was actually a symbol of the fallen angel 'Lucifer' if I'm not mistaken.

That's in the bible.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Quite predicted by the text in Romans 1, you might say. One first falls away from belief in God, then goes to worshiping things of nature. Once they have replaced God with natural things, they can turn away from the rules of God to their own rules.

20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and ***worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator***, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join