It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber suicide pacts.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ever get those days where you feel like you just don't have any energy left? Where you feel that there is no hope for this world?

I'm having one of those days today...

[edit on 14-9-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Hey Truth----come on baby, try pick yourself up.

You know you're not alone----I'm here for you ok ???
I understand what you're feeling, but try stay focused and hopefully tomorrow will be a little better baby xx

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today

Originally posted by Valeri
reply to post by uk today

I would only maybe say that its not a lottery,but that we actually choose the life and body and parents etc before reincarnationg.We need a specific life lesson,so we choose the one we need(body and life) for the moment. We even have an idea how the life will probably play out-the most odds-on way at least. There is no fate in the sense of steering your life...cause u alone decide on that.

It is an interesting concept Valeri, but if we did have the choice of life and body etc, would everyone not select a flawless body and perfectly happy lifestyle for themselves ??

I would maybe think it was more logical for someone or something else to select for us our next incarnation -----I could be wrong ??

I feel sure that each incarnation is indeed a learning experience , that we must learn from mistakes made in previous lives to reach the state of a perfect being.

Unfortunately, I'm far from that perfect being, so will probably be back again next time !!

Hope you're cool x
having flawless bodies is an option, but it is not really chosen by anyone because we(souls etc) know better. Flawless bodies where you are completely satisfied with yourself doesn't really challenge you or give any valuable lessons(well it does,when one for ex wants to experience the life through the eyes of a beautiful person and see how the people around envy him/her or even try to hurt etc), but otherwise it usually makes life al to easier,which is nto the point, we are here for life lessons,not for a vacation in paradise.

And if somebody else would choose the body for us, which is not the case btw, then we first of all would not have free will, which we do as far as experiencing reality through a soul identity(cause in the bigger picture we are all ONE) and second of all we would not learn much if everything was chosen and doen for us. It is important ot choose for yourself,you ofcourse will be helped along by more advanced souls and spirit guides etc if you wish, but the decision making is up to you. You will be presented with multiple choises, which are seemingly the best body and life choises for your specific level of evolution at any given moment. You then will be able to glance into the life at different ages of that person you plan to become(which is only the most probable version of how things will unravel in life...not a sure thing, otherwise you wouldn't have free will,but you DO ) so you will see how life will go more or less but you will always be able to change it at any given moment in human life.
Once you choose the body AND lifepath YOU think suits you the best for your particular stage of evolution(which would involve that upcoming life having some big life-challenges you haven't tackled yet in your past reincarnations)
So you see, it is your choise,because otherwise it you wouldn't learn or value the lessons you are here to learn and value. I jsut wish good luck to all of us and we'll all meet either way after any of us dies again.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Ever get those days where you feel like you just don't have any energy left? Where you feel that there is no hope for this world?

I'm having one of those days today...

[edit on 14-9-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

Sorry I've resurrected this thread but man I feel like I really don't belong here anymore, I can see now why these pacts are made, what drives certain people to desperate measures

Sorry....just feeling so goddam low...sorry....

Just one of those black days......

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I can appreciate that sweetie, today's been a total crisis of the existential kind.. I've been at my wit's end, but you know what? After I phoned you, I felt a lot better

In the pub now, with real good people, I feel better, like things can be ok. All you have to do is persevere, there's always reason, even when the world seems a terrible place..

Take today as an example.. I felt that there was no place for me at all, that the human race is doomed to extinction through it's own fault, that we don't deserve this existence we've been given.. But talking to you gave me a ray of hope again, that there's always something to live for...

Thank you.. I was in a horrible place.. Damn I should even thank my boss for giving me time out to scream at the sky for a bit, odd as it may sound!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
In the future your life expectatcy could be infinite.

All of the morons in the world need to sit down and really think about what that means. A person deserves the right to choose how long they wan tto live.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by purehughness

Oh that is sooo sweet baby xx

It feels so good to know there is someone on the end of a phone that can raise your spirits and share your problems

With incredible people like you in the world, there has got to be hope for mankind after all...

This actually sums up this thread, we met on this thread and have become lifelong friends....we help each other and support each other, and baby you have been my rock !!
I want anyone who feels low to find this thread and post on it, cos believe me support, love and friendship are out there.....

peace

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

All of the morons in the world need to sit down and really think about what that means. A person deserves the right to choose how long they wan tto live.

I'm a firm believer in individual choice as well...

Interesting point about infinite life expectancy, mind the soul is infinite anyway, so technically we never die !

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Agreed, people do deserve the right to choose how long they want to live...

And they do deserve the right to chose their use by date...Many do, I know I have, and I have no qualms whatsoever about doing the deed when the date comes...No fear, no anxiety about it all...The time was decided long ago, and even tho the time is closing fast, no regrets, no second thoughts...

The problem is, there are far too many in society wanting to deny people this right...Usually its those who feel morally superior to others, who claim that deciding to end ones life is not to be decided by the person, that god or something/someone else has that right...

The end result of this is often terrible...People denied the option of ending their lives in humane, peaceful manner can and will resort to ending it in whatever way they can, and that can involve violent and physically traumatic means of death...

Its these examples where suicide often causes the most trauma to those left behind, I believe, but I could be wrong *shrugs*

People who choose to deny others the right to die peacefully when they see fit need to realise many of us simply cant stand what the world has become, and sure, we are as responsible as anyone for the state of the world and some think us cowards for "jumping ship" in light of that responsibility...

Personally do I feel responsible for the way the world is ? In a small way, of course...I take responsibility for everything I've done in my life, and some of that hasn't been great and has been responsible for others suffering and the world in general becoming a less good place...

But I only take responsibility for what I've done, which on the scale of how messed up the world is, isn't huge...Likewise I choose to take responsibility for when I depart this world, and I'll be damned if anyone tries to deny me that...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I remember watching a very good anime that had this subject in it.

It also had the subject of hikikomori, of a guy who has gotten so used to staying inside, he would be afraid to go outside at all, he started going a little crazy.

And he eventually ended up in certain situations. Which involved a sucide meetup.

You have to watch it.

It's called

"Welcome to the N.H.K"

Plot Summary: Satou Tatsuhiro, a 22 year old young man, is a NEET (Not in Employment, Education, or Training) and a hikikomori (meaning acute social withdrawal). He believes everything around him is a conspiracy, including the reason why many people, himself included, become hikikomori. Due to this, Satou creates a strange conspiracy theory which includes the Nihon Hikikomori Kyōkai (NHK), a secret organization with the intention of producing a hikikomori filled world. Satou intends to break free from the NHK's clutches, but cannot, since he finds it too frightening to go outdoors by himself; that is, until he meets Misaki Nakahara, who selects Satou for her "project" that she claims will cure him of his hikikomori ways.

Definetly an anime for you ats conspiracy nuts

[edit on 10-4-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

Thanks for your reply, it mirrors my thoughts almost exactly .......

I also have a date in mind, and have done for a while, but we shall see ??
Things do change I guess but the future looks pretty bleak and tbh I've had a pretty eventful, random kind of life...don't get me wrong, I kinda really would'nt change it if given the chance. A few paths I would have maybe taken a different direction ??

But now it's like my soul has decided its had almost enough of life on the shelf, and the "sell by date " has been stamped on !!

Hey but who knows ??
I keep all my options open and maybe you should too for a while, I know it's not easy and at this point in time I'm on the same path as you are, but maybe, just maybe, things might improve ??

Take care friend

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

In my case, not wanting to live in a world in which anything can be bought or sold; "a soul, a tragedy, the end of the world", in Trevor Dunn's words, disgusts me to the core of my being...And the thought I've had a hand in the world being this way is tough for me and one of the influences that led me to choose a date, so to speak...

Yes, the future does look bleak, and yes things do change, however, speaking for me personally, there isnt a thing or things that could make me change my mind, I am resolute...

Would I have changed anything, taken different paths and do I have any regrets ?

I would have changed some things, but that applies equally to both the good and not so good things I've done...I would reverse some of both...Same with the paths...As far as regrets go, I have none now...I used to regret that I'd go not leaving the world in a better state than I found it, but I realised a while back that's too big a burden for any person to place on themselves...

As far as keeping options open, if I'm one thing I am decisive...And this is one thing I'm not going to change..I did that too many times in my life up until the time I decided, and changing my mind about things for various reasons and various people only lead to me being unhappy...

Almost forgot, the crux of your O/P made so long ago...

Would I enter a pact with someone else ? I can't answer that one to be honest...I mean, I'm sure I could with the "right" person, but there would be a lot of water to pass under the bridge before it could happen...At this point I honestly don't know, the posts in this thread didn't sway me one way or the other...

You too..See you in the soup, as they say...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

We have all been forced to have a hand in this materialistic, superficial and totally "dog eat dog" world

I hate it all as much as you do believe me, the greed, the corruption, the breakdown of society, the raping of our beautiful planets precious resources

But unfortunately we are in a minority and the pursuit of money and power prevail....

There are some of us however that do care deeply about our Mother Earth and feel totally despondent over everything that is happening....

It breaks my heart that we are even here discussing this suicide subject, that things have reached this breaking point and we haven't got peace of mind anymore....Its very, very sad

Good luck my friend whatever the future holds for you.....

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Why are you giving up?

Some days I can't stand it too, I feel like giving up, but I will never give up.

I understand pain, and I also understand that many people who are dying would trade places with you in an instant.

Are you healthy?

Oh yeah you can't stand it. But what will sucide accomplish? Nothing at all.
Now how can you stand that?

Maybe you should stand up and shout F you world, I'm not going to let you take me down with you! I'm going to stand againt all the negativity and survive it, and I will die fighting.

Why are you being so self defeating?

The only reason you guys feel this way, is because you KNOW there is beauty in the world, there are positive things, there is so much amazing things out there.

But you can't stand the negativity, and you simply give up.
There cannot be a negative without a positive.

IF there was no positive things in this world, would you even realise your living in a negative world, you would not be able to understand what something positive is.

Don't you realise that we are so very lucky that there are positive and beautiful things in this world, it's the only reason why we know there are negative things too. We should be so thankful that beauty even exists.

We should be focusing on the positive, that is the only way to live a more positive life happy life.

By killing yourself, it means your only focusing on the negatives, and ignoring the positives.

The future has an unlimted amount of possibilities, and we live in times of great change. Which means Anything is possible.
don't you want to survive to your last breath, to see how the future turns out?
To experience every possible positive experience the future has to offer.

Suicide has only one possibility, that's death.

Peace.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Yes, it is unfortunate we are even discussing all this...So I wont respond further to the things you raised in your post...

Likewise, may good fortune follow you...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Most people would agree with you, that suicide is a defeatist action, a cowards way out, but everyone is unique, everyone is different....

We are born into this world alone and we exit alone....

Some trapped souls just feel that the best course of action for them individually is to end their lives....

The mind is a powerful tool and if that mind, that soul, is determined that suicide is the best path for the physical body it is trapped within, then nothing will alter that train of thought in many cases

As you know from the posts on this thread, my mum killed herself and nothing, and I mean NOTHING would have stopped her...

Take care baby

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think is some one really wants to commit suicide they should.
but how do they know they really want to?
they may just be sad or suffering depression.
if some one makes a pack then they are calling out for help.
they are asking some one to help them?? help!
have you look’t in to Japan and suicide packs?
it has been a big thing for many years.
they even have films about it.
if some one is sick and dieing “cancer” they have a right to die with out years of pain.
it is not easy to kill your self. things stop you ! ?
I know how to commit suicide properly.

I can not spell, ok! so you Dont need to tell me...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retrovertigo

Yes, it is unfortunate we are even discussing all this...So I wont respond further to the things you raised in your post...

Likewise, may good fortune follow you...

If you ever need a friend to talk to, feel free to message me....

Peace n love

[edit on 10-4-2010 by uk today]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today
Most people would agree with you, that suicide is a defeatist action, a cowards way out, but everyone is unique, everyone is different....

People who see suicide as a "cowards way" out are in my experience either "reacting" to something which they themselves fear and don't understand or simply being judgmental, as some people are want to do...

Edit to add - With regard to your post above this one, thankyou...And likewise...

[edit on 10/4/2010 by Retrovertigo]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Most people fear death, they hate talking about death, death is a taboo subject...
But we all die, well our physical form does anyway, but hopefully our souls live on forever. I believe that anyway....

Yes if you read and follow the bible then I guess suicide would be very much a "no-no" !!
I believe that if someone kills themselves, for whatever reason, then this was the way it was pre-destined to be maybe ??
That the date, time and nature of our death is part of the pathway we have been dealt in this incarnation ??

Just my belief ...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join