It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber suicide pacts.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by purehughness
reply to post by uk today

Amazing, well said.

Can you imagine the moment? The two suicidees take one last look at eachother before the deed, but the look lingers, and they draw closer, and closer, and suddenly it all washes over, no reason to die, not yet. They have each other.

It may seem a little Hollywood, but I'm sure this does happen. I'm sure it's enough.

That scenario is soooo romantic .

Some light shining through on such a dark depressing thread.

I guess we're both a couple of romantic souls---but without love life really has no true meaning,

peace and love

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today

but without love life really has no true meaning

It's very true, and probably one of a few factors that drives people to the edge. Without any form of love to back them up, they break. But if they can find that special someone, old wounds heal, and light comes back into their lives.

Whether they were truly serious about suicide in the first place could be debatable, it could just be a mutually desperate cry out in the dark for someone to hold their hand over the edge, but what they really need on a fundamental level is love. They just won't/can't admit that, or have just completely shut off from the world, and won't let anyone in.

A couple of lives saved is a tremendous victory for love.

Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Please, please, please stay off /b/ if you're looking for any type of support. The truth is, no one cares about your feelings there. You'll get saged and spammed with "DO IT FGT." The posters that claim they will "an hero" never do; they're just trolling the new members.

Don't forget the disclaimer at the top of the site.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

/b/ is filled with trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls. You won't find any help there.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by purehughness

Its sad that there are so many lonely, unloved people in the world.

For a so called caring society, we don't do a very good job

Maybe we need to adapt a 60s style attitude again, move away from the pursuit of material gains and just enjoy the simple things in life ??

Maybe the suicide rate would fall then ??

Yes, we definately need to spread the love

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

/b/ is only a place for cheap laughs (for me)...

Support is in abundance, thankfully. Just reporting in on something I found to be morbidly interesting.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Yeah, the pursuit of material gains can be a very dangerous game. In a society such as ours, you're judged by what you own, how much money you make, and status. Very few people actually know eachother as people, they're known by their outward projection of the ego. We need to cultivate the spirit instead.

It's no wonder this can drive people to suicide. People need to connect on a human level, not through their objects. Sure, they can make a good talking point now and then, but they shouldn't be all-consuming.

Peace

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by purehughness

Absolutely sums it up - it's like the 80s never went away, it's just desire for acquisition to the max. Even if you don't have a celebrity lifestyle, you think you should have the trappings of it, the jewellery, the car, the clothes, it's quite insane that people are aspiring to live this way and I don't.

You wonder why people seem more ostracised from "society" - it's my belief that it's been systematically destroyed, forging relationships is so much harder. Ten years of soap operas pushing down your throat that morals are a loose-thing, affairs are a regular occurence as is fighting, brutality and greed.

Whilst I'm not suggesting the average ATSer is in that mindset, you wonder about the average person...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

You're in the right mindset jokei, never mind about the others treading the hamster wheel to get the "essential" material possessions that we both know are totally insignificant in the pursuit of true happiness.

We do seem to still be trapped in the 80s, but I'm sure at some stage, people will see the error of their ways and realise the pursuit of happiness will never be achieved in such a shallow way.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by purehughness

Yeah, the pursuit of material gains can be a very dangerous game. In a society such as ours, you're judged by what you own, how much money you make, and status. Very few people actually know eachother as people, they're known by their outward projection of the ego. We need to cultivate the spirit instead.

It's no wonder this can drive people to suicide. People need to connect on a human level, not through their objects. Sure, they can make a good talking point now and then, but they shouldn't be all-consuming.

Peace

Hey there
I dropped out a few years ago---just stopped buying stuff I did'nt really need and was only buying to justify the long hours I was working.

I'm much happier now on that front, but get very depressed over my personal problems at the moment.
I'm not suicidal, cos I decided to try and start a new life by myself.
It scares me---I've never really been on my own before.
But I know deep inside that its the only way I can move on and try to shake off these dark thoughts of ending it all.

New start---new hopes.

Peace

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

As much as I'd like to believe that...

I think the 80s were a pivotal time, especially in this country - a time that taught us if you step out of line (protest, strike etc) we will stamp you down and hard, we can easily look at the devastation waged on the working classes during that period and it''s probably useful to also look at the Poll Tax protests as well, that showed us the same message over again.

What did this do to the psyche of our country? What has happened to the children of that generation? Honestly, how many people do you know that even talk about political/social issues - when the other options are "shinier, happier"? Let's just get ruined at the weekend, sit down and tune out infront of the tv.

FTW

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

exactly---the 80s was the pivotal destructive decade that caused all the problems that are afflicting society like a virus.

No wonder suicide seems the only way out for some people.

Just rest assured that not everyone is in that mindset, we may be in the minority but we are out there, trying to make some kind of sense of the chaotic order of things.

One day maybe we'll be able to say " The times they are a changin "

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
there is always something you can do ...

suicide is for loosers and mentals

you can try to do good things if you dont have anything to live for ...

the problem is that there are a lot of people with mental problems ... so, we really dont need to discuss

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
there is always something you can do ...

suicide is for loosers and mentals

you can try to do good things if you dont have anything to live for ...

the problem is that there are a lot of people with mental problems ... so, we really dont need to discuss

Sorry faiol, but I have to disagree with you on this.
It is probably because society labels and looks on these people as losers, that makes them so despondent and depressed in the first place.

No-one is a loser in my eyes----we are all born equal, but life's lottery determines who our parents are, and also determines the opportunities we may be handed in life.

I understand your viewpoint on trying to do good things to possibly make life seem more fulfilling, but for someone depressed and suicidal, that may not seem such an easy thing to achieve.
Getting out of bed and facing the day ahead is a task in itself.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

reply to post by VergeofObscene

The other point on the falling in love with the person you would be committing suicide with, if you fell in love, would that not give you the inspiration to delay the act ??

To maybe want to continue with life to spend time with that person ??

Love is such a powerful force.

To live on in Eternity forever..... the afterlife....

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Well yes, I suppose living on in eternity and the afterlife would possibly feature in the mindset of a suicide pact.

But I would hope that the strong love bond would be enough, initially anyway, to make people want to spend time together in this life first.

You know I'm a romantic Truth, and the idea of love eternal is a truly inspiring and beautiful thought.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The internet has nothing to do with comitting suicide, it's just a tool to contact the so same-minded-ones.
I've tried to commit suicide at the age of 13 and after, not because the society had cast me out but because all the family problems I had at such a young age. It's so complex. And it took a very long time for me to go that stage !

So when those japaneses commiting suicide like it is nothing... remember all the subliminal messages and the publicity showing on TV that if you're not like that, something has to be wrong with your life...
Some japaneses are talking to each other through MSN, asking "is it alright for you to go under tonight at 7 ?"
Then the other answers "no, have to go to my grand parents first, I'd promised them to visite them this week"
This shows that their suicide is not based on problems that are taking you into a suicide, but rather a feeling of I-don't-have-a-future. Those young japaneses are behaving outside society and does feel an outcast. The cause lies elsewhere than a "normal" suicide.
When someone threatens to commit suicide well... than he's full of bullshxt ! You just don't anounce your suicide, you don't think at doing that.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Just knowing that this is the end.

All depends on your opinion on an afterlife really doesn't it ?

Suicide is considered a taboo/wrong because of the lies of organised religion, they hype up heaven saying it's a wonderous place but to stop people from getting there quicker and leaving this hell on earth they say "oh you don't get into heaven if you kill yourself" Why ? Because if everyone was killing themselves to get into heaven, then there would be nobody for the church to control and ultimately no more church.

Personally I have no problem with suicide I accept there are those who are mentally ill and do need help but I also realise that there are perfectly sane people who have just had enough of this planet. Suicide is kept a taboo in today's society just to keep it functioning as like with the church if everyone is trying to escape this world then society would cease to function which is no good for the powers that be, those that control us.

If you think about it though we're all slaves, we get no life to live. From the moment we are born it's being put into place to train into good little worker bees, we get put into school at an early age, from there we get put into work, if we want to live, we HAVE to work, that's no life to me, that's slavery. Then when you get to retire you've wasted pretty much all your life as a slave and barely have time to enjoy what life you have left and can't enjoy it as much as if you had the chance in your youth.

Life is crap, from the moment you're born you are serving a death sentence just passing the time being a slave to society and trying to save the good moments you manage to get, whilst being bombarded by the media with bad news every day.

I don't blame anyone who wishes to escape this hell we are forced to reside in

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
From personal experience - there's no such thing as a "normal" suicide, I think labelling it as "for losers" is terribly unhelpful as well and I'll also state I've known people threaten suicide for a long time and sometimes they really do it, others just quietly slip away...

My own personal feelings: I wouldn't seek a pact, help or some kind of outlet/cry for help - I wouldn't use the internet, friends, family or acquaintances to talk to this about, years ago I went out for a night with some friends thinking it would be the last time I saw them and went home. I woke up the next day, went out and bought a decent amount of alcohol and a big bag of skunk, came home put on some good music then took a considerable amount of tablets - I was found by a friend who lived locally, couldn't get me on the phone and decided to come round... the only reason I lived.

Afterwards it was a fairly weird time, friends and family had a difficult time coming to terms with what I had done.

The best way I can put it, is that I just wanted to opt-out of life, I'm not saying this world holds nothing for me, I just can't be bothered with it so much, it no longer holds promise - it's like groundhog day.

I'm working hard on changing things, I'm aware of the diffuculty that my attitude causes and I don't mention it. I have a loving family, friends and a great girlfriend - all of whom are why I'm staying, I just feel like a ghost most of the time, the world is screwed and not getting better, it's too heavy.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
...we HAVE to work, that's no life to me, that's slavery. Then when you get to retire you've wasted pretty much all your life as a slave and barely have time to enjoy what life you have left and can't enjoy it as much as if you had the chance in your youth.

Err, we still have retirement? ...only by the skin of our teeth.

Couldn't have said it better myself though.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

I don't blame anyone who wishes to escape this hell we are forced to reside in

You made some very good points in your post man, but saying we are forced to reside in this world in a certain way doesn't quite sit right with me.

Gandhi said, 'you must be the change you with to see in this world', a universal quote which I reckon is pretty true. This world is only hell if you feel judged by those who aren't able to see that there are other ways to it, those that toe the line. It's their stares and mutterings that put a lot of people off challenging the status quo, but if you rise above, and live life in a way that you deem fit and just, then hey, screw 'em! And hopefully others will pick up on what you're doing, and challenge things themselves.

Yes, we're locked into a certain way of living, but we all hold a key, we've just...mislaid it shall we say?

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join