It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber suicide pacts.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

I don't think it's a cowards way out. I just think their way of thinking wrong, they just don't realise it.

I understand this way of thinking. Since I've felt trapped everyday.

In their mind, there is NOTHING they can do to get out, they are trapped in this world they cannot stand.

But what I'm saying is, that there is ALWAYS a way to a better life, even if your 100% there is not, you are wrong, you just don't realise it. Ok not 100% of the time, but most of the time.

Suicidle people have lost their will to prove themselves that they can change their life, they've given up, they think it's the only way for them.

But of course it's not true most of the time, it's illogical.

But yeah go ahead, kill yourselves, it's your life, your choice, I just wish that so many of the people who are dying could trade places.

By the way a drama that really touched me is a japanese drama called "1 litre of tears." It's based on a true story about a school girl who has an illness and slowly dies. It can really change the way you view life.
She knew she had no future and there was no way out. But she still had faith.
She wrote diaries on her journey, and it helped many in her position.
She showed great strength in the face of it all, for her family and herself.

Peace.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The only thing I can say further on the subject is some people's reality (mine and those "like" me) is different to others (i.e those who don't understand)...

Those who don't understand never will, and they simply need to accept that and move on, as "we" have accepted our realities...

Refusal to accept and respect other people's reality is one of the reasons the world is in the state it is...

I don't expect people to understand my reality, I do however expect them to respect it, as I respect theirs...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

I understand the basics of your reality.

Your not so unique, many people go through lifelong pain, and have suicidle thoughts.

I respect your views, I just cannot say nothing and let you die. I'm not going to give up on people and humanity and just stand by while they kill themselves, I'm at least going to try and help.

It's called love.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It's a totally tough decision to make, but ultimately one that only you as a singular person can make...

Yes, I think the world today is a very very horrible place to live in.. God knows I had a total crisis about it the other day..

And it sucked..

But I figure, we all have a purpose in our current life, and I think I'm waking up to mine, and it makes me feel loads better..

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

You are a good soul baby and I wish you all the luck and happiness you deserve in the future x

But each individual has to lead their individual life, which is full of complexities and problems which that person may find unbearable and yet another soul could cope with no problem !

Just as some people have a greater physical strength than others, the same applies to mental strength.

And yes, suicide is not a cowardly option, it would be the ultimate test in a way, to have the courage, the determination to actually do it.....

I do see your point about sick people as well, but life just is'nt fair and as I posted above, the nature of our exit could all be pre-destined ??

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Your not so unique, many people go through lifelong pain, and have suicidle thoughts.

I respect your views, I just cannot say nothing and let you die. I'm not going to give up on people and humanity and just stand by while they kill themselves, I'm at least going to try and help.

It's called love.

Peace.

With respect, you do not understand anything of or about me, as all you know of me are a few posts on an internet forum...I am not in any pain whatsoever, emotional or physical...I am not ill or disabled in any way, and I am of sound mind...

I have merely chosen a preference, like others, to not continue living beyond a certain point/"date"...

I'm glad you respect my views, thankyou...And I respect your right to hold the views you have, even tho they're very different to mine...

You see, the problem with trying to "help" assumes there's something "wrong" to begin with, and speaking for myself, there is nothing wrong at all...Ergo, there is nothing for you to help me with...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

You see, the problem with trying to "help" assumes there's something "wrong" to begin with, and speaking for myself, there is nothing wrong at all...Ergo, there is nothing for you to help me with...

But there's always room for growth, and we gain that through interaction with others, it's all good

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Thanks for your kind words.

Now what you said about coping is interesting.

I feel that some people in my situation would have killed themselves, since everyone copes differently, and yes we are all unique.

I can understand sucide more when it's sudden, and it's quick, the pain is too much they cannot cope for 1 second more.

But I think that is totally different to a planned future suicide, which seems more like a ritual or something different to not being able to cope.

If you plan it for the future, that means you CAN cope.

Which contradicts with the people who commit suicide when they cannot cope.

If you can't cope, you would do it right now, you would not be able to type, you would not be able to speak, you would scream and scream, you would feel unbearable pain, unbearable emotions, you would be in flood of tears, you would feel trapped, and 1 more second of feeling like that would be unbearable, and then you would kill yourself. That is what not being able to cope is.

Planning your suicide for the future, and posting it on a forum, is not the same, it's something different.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retrovertigo

It's called love.

Peace.

With respect, you do not understand anything of or about me, as all you know of me are a few posts on an internet forum...I am not in any pain whatsoever, emotional or physical...I am not ill or disabled in any way, and I am of sound mind...

I have merely chosen a preference, like others, to not continue living beyond a certain point/"date"...

I'm glad you respect my views, thankyou...And I respect your right to hold the views you have, even tho they're very different to mine...

If there is nothing wrong, then what is your reason. Having no reason makes no logical sense. Maybe your a robot and someone programmed you to die at a certain date? lol

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

If there is nothing wrong, then what is your reason. Having no reason makes no logical sense. Maybe your a robot and someone programmed you to die at a certain date? lol

My reasons are my own, and none of your business, with due respect...I did not post on this thread to "seek attention" or whatever it was you implied about people like myself in your post...

The O/P started the thread last year on the basis of would you enter a suicide pact with someone on the internet, which further developed into a discussion or various aspects of suicide...

Others posted to the thread today, I saw it and it rang true, and I thought I'd reply to the O/P...

No, I'm not a robot and I'm certainly not programmed...Thankyou for making light of this issue...Bravo
This just shows you have not one iota of understanding, however, I dont blame you for that...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I see your point on the planned date suicide, but it's the knowledge that that particular chosen date is the day the torment in this incarnation will end that keeps us running in a way !!

It's hard to explain, it certainly gives you a time frame to tie up all loose ends and prepare for the day.....
It's something deep within, very hard to explain to anyone that does'nt feel the same.....

I have hope, I still have dreams but yet I somehow KNOW that ending my life is the way it will happen !!
Call it a 6th sense maybe ??

Wow, think it's time to call it a night !!

peace and love xx

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retrovertigo

My reasons are my own, and none of your business, with due respect...I did not post on this thread to "seek attention" or whatever it was you implied about people like myself in your post...

The O/P started the thread last year on the basis of would you enter a suicide pact with someone on the internet, which further developed into a discussion or various aspects of suicide...

Others posted to the thread today, I saw it and it rang true, and I thought I'd reply to the O/P...

No, I'm not a robot and I'm certainly not programmed...Thankyou for making light of this issue...Bravo
This just shows you have not one iota of understanding, however, I dont blame you for that...

I made light of it, since you told me you had no bad emotions or pain and it was not related to why you want to die. So why would you be offended if I made light of it? Since you seem like you want to die for a unusual reason.

Maybe a religon or maybe you want to see the other side etc?

Ok I get it your reasons are your own and none of my business. It was worth asking, since I am curious. But oh well, you seem a bit offended and defensive so I wont ask you any more questions.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Good-o then...

And I wont post any further so the thread stays on the path the O/P intended...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today

I see your point on the planned date suicide, but it's the knowledge that that particular chosen date is the day the torment in this incarnation will end that keeps us running in a way !!

It's hard to explain, it certainly gives you a time frame to tie up all loose ends and prepare for the day.....
It's something deep within, very hard to explain to anyone that does'nt feel the same.....

I have hope, I still have dreams but yet I somehow KNOW that ending my life is the way it will happen !!
Call it a 6th sense maybe ??

Wow, think it's time to call it a night !!

peace and love xx

OK I hope whatever your choice is, that it's the best for you, staying alive or not, if you do die, I hope that you move to a much much better heavenly place.

But at least wait until 2012 just to see if anything happens

Good night AND sweet dreams.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

This is how a suicidal person possibly feels baby....

That all their dreams have been shattered and the pieces can never be put back together.
That the hope that they tried clinging onto has all but vanished.
That they just don't belong in this lonely, unfeeling world anymore. If they ever did in the first place ??
That maybe this will be the night that they close their eyes and don't have to ever face the rising of the sun again.
That the future that once held such promise and hope is likely to be one of more heartbreak, more pain, more sadness, tears and despair

That the soul HAS to be freed from the purgatory of the physical prison it now feels trapped in.

There are sooo many more emotions, and some people can overcome all these and look back on them as maybe their time on the edge, but for other, weaker souls I understand completely why suicide seems the only way out

Maybe these tormented, weaker souls somehow are drawn together by fate and hence the suicide pacts ??
Or the aura they emit attracts souls with the same aura to them ??

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Anyone who would do this seems just a very lonely and frustrated person, and if they find a friend who would consider such a thing, then maybe they should turn that friendship around ! Both help one another make live more worthwhile.?
Sure we are broke, many of us. But people have been going across this country and world broke for some time. If you can sell something or save a bit of recycling money, get your friend and go enjoy the wonder in this world !
If you are thinking of leaving and then you find a friend, maybe just travel on together for a while and make some good memories? What can you lose by such an adventure? We are too isolated IMO.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jokei

Life is precious and can be an amazing gift, some people though, just aren't meant for this world, don't have the facilities to cope with it and will choose to self-euthanize.

What do you mean when you write that "some...just aren't meant for this world? That is a very careless and, in my opinion, unfounded opinion. How exactly do we determine who is and is not meant for this world?

Look, life is extremely difficult at times and, believe me I know, you get knocked down often. Getting knocked down is part of life, as is getting back up and on your feet.

I am not trivializing mental illness nor am I intending to besmirch anyone's reputation but I truly believe none of us are more or less "meant," to live in this world. You make of it what you will but I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt, that what can seem like an endlessly and dark existence can change in an instant.

If you opt to give up, you are surrendering the chance to experience the triumph of weathering the storm. There is little more satisfying in my experience!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CestLaVie

You're right about the lonely aspect.
Its probably obvious from my posting above that I'm not in a very good place tonight, but hey what's kinda blown me away is some of the messages that friends have sent me !!
Man, there are some amazing people out there, friends in the real world and friends I've met online that I love to bits !! xxx

With friends around you, anything and everything is possible. I'm very lucky in that respect ......

A BIG thanx to you all xx

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today

I'm not suicidal, cos I decided to try and start a new life by myself.
It scares me---I've never really been on my own before.
But I know deep inside that its the only way I can move on and try to shake off these dark thoughts of ending it all.

New start---new hopes.

Peace

For those who say the internet is an evil force in life...I suggest you read every post in this thread. Amazingly moving and poignant words that, if not for the internet, I would never have had the privilege to read.

How can one want to leave a life that includes all of the posters in this thread? I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being willing to share such personal and important insights!

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Avamarguy]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Avamarguy

Thank you for your kind words on such a deep, emotional thread as this.
As I said before, this thread is always here for anyone who wants support and understanding on this subject ........

There may be sadness and despair on here but also there is love and such kindness to be found as well !
This shines a BIG bright ray of sunshine through the storm clouds and the internet is certainly not evil, how can it be when such wonderful souls can come together from all over the world and communicate !

peace n love to everybody xx

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join