It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber suicide pacts.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Actually that was a little naive of me...

"The media" lol - You're 100% right - capitalism is the root of all evil...

Seriously, why the hell are people driving round in cars that cost more than a house? ...and yeah, I do sometimes spend my money frivolously (sometimes), I eat meat and I smoke so I'm a part of the problem too. I feel overwhelmed sometimes by the crassness of the world, I can't watch tv anymore, I swear if I ever watch another Saturday evening gameshow the set will get my foot through it, endless streams of rampant consumerism - just conform/obey/consume.

We need a revolution - and I'm tired of waiting for it. I've lived with depression for about 16 years and it's been pretty bad for the past 6 months, probably in reaction to my life circumstances, I've become increasingly disillusioned by my job and what I'm doing with my life, seen some good people get screwed over - and worse seen bad people prosper from screwing the good over. Yet I see beauty and kindness, sometimes these are the worst things to see, they just make you realise the void between the good and the bad is increasing and the bad seems to be ever-growing, maybe it's just how humanity is evolving...

Sorry, digressing from the OP here. Tried to look for some pro-suicide websites and having a lot of trouble, not sure if google is purposefully not showing them??? I've even tried the gutter of the internet - 4chan, so might yield some results there, what I did find that struck me as a bit uncomfortable, were lots of anti sites and a lot with religious undertones.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

People get bored with life.... i've been at that stage where i've just had it with everything and all and had suicidal thoughts....... i seeked help and got it...... i'm thinking these suicidal people don't want to seek help for their troubles and so decide to off themselves.... the reason for seeking a companion to do it with is possibly likeminded individuals who are at that present time going through some heavy # or something similar and so they find a significant other to do it with.... an example would be a boy and girl weren't allowed to see eachother outside school so they get on the net and decide on some pact to off themselves if they can't see eachother....

I like what one girl said on page 1 about us relying heavily on the internet to strike up relationships in forums.... this world has become a bit crappy really with all this technology..... people sit at their desks at home or at work chatting away to others on the net when really tey should be conversing outside.... well i speak for myself there but i'm sure there are others like me.....

I much prefer to chat in reality over virtual reality anyday........ can't wait till my next assignment!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
This is a dangerous topic to discuss on ATS. While I feel that suicide is someones personal decision, I would say that even jokingly making a pact on ATS would probably attract some very unwanted attention to the site.

Sorry there Mr. Tootles.

It maybe came across wrong.

The pact I was referring to was regarding the corrupt politics and not a suicide pact.

So sorry for any wrongdoing here

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Hey jokei.

You're obviously going through a difficult time at the moment, and are very disillusioned with the way things are nowadays.
You are certainly not alone.

I'd just like to say that its reassuring to know that there are some wonderful, caring people on ATS that can always try and lift your spirits.

This site is like a family in a way

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

There isn't anything that is that bad that I would consider it.

Suicide, long-term solution to a short-term problem.

Just my humble opinion. . . .

Um, that always infuriates me when people say that. Check out this site, read and read and read and you will discover that many are not suffering from "short-term" problems.

suicideproject.org...

People are suffering. Dying alone can be a scary prospect, which is why these pacts are formed, to alleviate such anxiety.

Last thing, if you were raped and abused for decades by family and friends, having someone tell you you are suffering a "short-term problem" is not helpful. Bumper-sticker platitudes only work on am radio: Sean Hannity's radio show for instance.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You're right Truth--there is no substitute for real life interaction.

But technology is now the way of the world, and this opens up access to material and sites that would have been unheard of years ago.
which unfortunately includes suicide sites.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Thanks for the kind words...

Thing is I have a great support network, I just lost interest in life, I've made some definite positive changes - quit job, back to education, doing some voluntary work... still, I'm just going through the motions, it's odd.

The issue I have is the people left behind, I saw the devastation that happened when a friend died and what it did to his family.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I know I've made a definate endate and a lot of others have. I'm giving this reality till Dec. 21 2012 and if it hasn't radically changed for the better I plan on committing suicide. There is no rational reason to continue to live in this reality as a slave. This is a backwards upsidedown world where evil prevails. After spending a lifetime looking for truth I realize it doesn't exist here and it's time to roll the dice for something better.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei

Thanks for the kind words...

Thing is I have a great support network, I just lost interest in life, I've made some definite positive changes - quit job, back to education, doing some voluntary work... still, I'm just going through the motions, it's odd.

The issue I have is the people left behind, I saw the devastation that happened when a friend died and what it did to his family.

you're more than welcome friend

Good to see that you're trying to change the negative aspects of your life.
That is what I'm trying to do at the mo as well.
But I fully understand what you mean about going through the motions.

and as regards the people left behind, when someone takes their own life, I have firsthand experience of the trauma it can inflict on loved ones that have to pick up the pieces.

It sadly happened to me a few yrs ago when my mum killed herself.

But suicide unfortunately is never going to go away.
But will IMHO probably increase over the coming years. I could be wrong of course.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Floating thru Reality
I know I've made a definate endate and a lot of others have. I'm giving this reality till Dec. 21 2012 and if it hasn't radically changed for the better I plan on committing suicide. There is no rational reason to continue to live in this reality as a slave. This is a backwards upsidedown world where evil prevails. After spending a lifetime looking for truth I realize it doesn't exist here and it's time to roll the dice for something better.

Hey man....the world is both a crazy, awful place....

And

A wonderful, beautiful place.

Not always easy to see i know and yes, often Karma and justice seem like they're on holiday.

But you should try and make the most of what you have.
This could well be the only chance you get.....and you certainly don't want to throw it away.

Things may not always look so bleak.

Take it easy and feel free to U2U me for a chat if you want.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I suppose i should add that the internet does have some good points.... after all, if it wasn't for the net i wouldn't have been able to waste my days away........

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Floating thru Reality

I'd just like to echo blups reply to you on this.

and i'm here as well if you need me anytime on u2u

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Floating thru Reality

You've read 'Luke Rhineharts' Dice Man? Excellent read!!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Aside, from my real-life first-hand experience of suicide (my failure and the success of a couple of friends and my step-brother) - I was loitering in 4chan the othernight, watching the hive mind when a thread pops-up with the OP claiming he was going to do "an hero" - the term 4chan (especially the /b/ board) uses for commiting suicide.

4chan has a numbering system for it's post and I'm not too sure how it works, but it seems chronological and based on the number of the post, yet is a general, cumulative counter for all their threads - in all their boards. Is that clear?

So the guy claims if somebody posts and 2 posts come up ending in doubles, concurrently he will do "an hero" - ie 988303899 and 988303899 one post after another would yield results...

Thing is, with lurking on 4chan, there's a lot of attention grabbing and ludicruously wild statements that go on for this purpose, their level of irony is pitch-black and they consider trolling an art-form - to be fair they've not got it far off an artform. At the time of this thread as well, 4chan was being bombarded by a spam-bot that kept posting advertising in the threads...

So everyone's there, claiming this guy is full of b/s etc and the spam-bot "wins" - over the course of about an hour, the spambot "wins" times and humans twice, the OP, backed down, stating he didn't have the courage.

So there we go, a hideous little tale, courtesy of the internet...

My feelings on 4chan are a little ambivalent, yes it is the gutter of the net, yes I do go there, but if 4chan wasn't something else would be. In know way was I disrespecting this guys pain, but I can say why a lot of the other posters were thinking he was just attention seeking and it looks like he really was.

The power of the net we shouldn't forget, also includes idle gossip, slander and outright lies. I guess what I'm really saying here is it just a communications tool and you don't blame that, just those whose hands it's in.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

That really is a disturbing tale.
These sites seem pretty disturbing places.

Your life seems to have been affected, just like mine, by the spectre of suicide.
2 of my close friends killed themselves by jumping in front of trains.
My mum killed herself with an overdose.
My uncle tried to kill himself with exhaust fumes.
My grandma would have killed herself, but had a stroke before she could.
Plus my other uncle is terrified of getting old, and has threatened to exit before that happens !!

I sometimes wonder if I'm doomed here.???

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

You may even end up in love with the person you're dying with, because of that fact. Sort of like Romeo and Juliet.

What do you think, uk today? How would you look at it?

I fail to see any similarity between the two. Romeo and Juliet loved each other to begin with. Romeo only killed himself because he mistook Juliet's temporarily unconscious state for actual death, and when Juliet awoke, she killed herself out of grief for her newly-deceased lover.

I can understand why people make these pacts, especially in countries like Japan...though I find it terribly sad. Two depressed people may often affirm each other's discontentments with the world, and even hasten the suicide...

On the bright side of things, however, friendship, more often than not, prevents suicide.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by VergeofObscene

The other point on the falling in love with the person you would be committing suicide with, if you fell in love, would that not give you the inspiration to delay the act ??

To maybe want to continue with life to spend time with that person ??

Love is such a powerful force.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Fair enough, consider it a 'para-comparison'-ish.

But do you see what I'm getting at?

Though you do make a really good point that the bond created between the two people on the verge of suicide could bring them back from the brink and look at life in a completely different way. Nice one!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by purehughness

Fair enough, consider it a 'para-comparison'-ish.

But do you see what I'm getting at?

Though you do make a really good point that the bond created between the two people on the verge of suicide could bring them back from the brink and look at life in a completely different way. Nice one!

I just think that if love came in to the frame, its such a adrenalin euphoric feeling.

Love conquers all---true saying is that !!

spread the love

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Amazing, well said.

Can you imagine the moment? The two suicidees take one last look at eachother before the deed, but the look lingers, and they draw closer, and closer, and suddenly it all washes over, no reason to die, not yet. They have each other.

It may seem a little Hollywood, but I'm sure this does happen. I'm sure it's enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join