It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is disclosure so important for people?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Alright so we have been hearing about disclosure for a very long time now, it seems like people and especially lately are more and more anxious for a final disclosure to come out and I have always wondered on a curious level why it’s so important for people to have an official public disclosure?

Is it mostly for themselves because they are confused about the world or religion and not really sure if aliens are real or not and need their government to acknowledge it in order for them to put that itch to rest they’ve been scratching or is it because they think it will suddenly change the world if the governments come out and make an official statement?

What is the drive behind someone wanting a full disclosure who already knows for themselves I wonder? Is it to prove to their family and friends that they have not lost their mind or will it just make them feel better inside somehow knowing that finally a government acknowledgement has taken place?

I’m sure there are many various reasons at different levels for people all differing one from another so if you don’t mind casting an opinion/statement please take the time to share why disclosure is so important for you on a personal level? I really couldn’t resist starting this thread honestly, the curiousity on this one is that itch I’ve been waiting to scratch.-)

Thank you and play nicely on this thread please!

[edit on 29-8-2009 by ET_MAN]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
First of all thank you for asking such an insightful question.

Second, I firmly believe that for most people out there wheather they will admit it or not, whether they even know it or not, nothing is real until the government says it is real. This is why we have the problem we have today. People can do just a little bit of independent research and come to the safe conclusion that we are not alone. It doesn't take any special degree or education. It is rather obvious. We see things with our eyes that don't make sense and we rely on the gov't to tell us what it is.

Even the most adamant UFOlogist will never truly sleep well at night until the Gov't gives him the green light to believe in Extraterrestrials.

In my uneducated opinion of course.

P.S. I do not need disclosure and do not necessarily care if we ever get it because even when we do I can promise you it won't be FULL disclosure. If you are not going to tell me the FULL truth then keep your mouth shut.
I know what I know independant of our crappy Gov't. They can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Jesus H Christ]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesus H Christ

I find your answer quite entertaining, can't stop laughing on that one.

Love the answer by the way!

Perhaps I should add another few questions on topic to broaden the spectrum.

Let's say that the governments did finally publicly announce that an extraterrestrial presence is among us and contact was already made how would that affect you personally or change your life?

What would change in your life?

Would some people quit their jobs, move locations or change religions or what?

What difference would it make in your life if that happened let's say tomorrow?

Would all those with disease/illness's suddenly expect/demand a cure to be healed?

Would people of the world approach the ET's and ask them if they know who God is or would they start worshiping the ET's suddenly?

What would really take place in your opinion?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Yea what's with that?
It's like the government is 'mommy and daddy'...and we're waiting for them to tell everyone who's right and who's wrong.

Why do we need to look outside ourselves for confirmation?

We see the truths that are out there.

Must we thrive on reassurance?

If you wish to spread the message of truth then do so.
We don't need to wait because the truth is already here.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

To answer your question I can only speak for myself.

I know who I am, therefore I need no one to dictate my reality for me. I am infinite consciousness. I am all there is, was, and ever will be. I adhere to no religion or philosophy other than Love. It will not upset me or alter any beliefs. I have to admit that I would be rather excited as it is a small step in the right direction though if the gov't is releasing something like that it is surely NOT for our own good.

As for MOST people. There are ALOT of people who blindly follow religion and depend on religion to answer questions for them that they are too lazy to find within themselves. These people will have a tough time in the beginning until their respective religion tells them it is ok to believe in E.Ts.

It will leave alot of people vulnerable to manipulation on a grand scale. Which could all be avoided once we all start to rely on the infinite consciousness inside each and every one of us.

P.S. Starred and flagged. And I am a huge fan of your threads. The one about Oct11 11 really shook me up and caused me to redouble my efforts to clear my conscence. Thanks for all you do even if it goes unappreciated by most you at least reached one.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Jesus H Christ]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: S&F!

RE: "why it’s so important for people to have an official public disclosure?"...It's not important to me at all! But if they did disclose then any minor misgivings I might have had concerning my PLAN would just dissolve!

RE: "What is the drive behind someone wanting a full disclosure who already knows for themselves I wonder?" ... Its so I can be a valid member of the ensuing lynch mob backed totally by evidence of their confession!

RE: "What would change in your life?"...I'd slightly alter the timetable of my PLAN! and I would buy some more rope!

RE: "Would some people quit their jobs, move locations or change religions or what?"...Not me as I've already enacted my PLAN!

RE: "What difference would it make in your life if that happened let's say tomorrow?"...I'd immediately join and lead the lynch mobs!

RE: "Would all those with disease/illness's suddenly expect/demand a cure to be healed?"...Probably! but lets get on with the lynching OK! Lets cure the REAL cancer 1st and then we can worry about any 2ndry medical symptoms!

RE: "Would people of the world approach the ET's and ask them if they know who God is or would they start worshiping the ET's suddenly?"...Not me as I would be gunning for their invasive trespassing hides with a chronic,profound ,sustained and unrelenting monsterous rage! I wouldn't just kill them!

Personal Disclosure: RE: "What would really take place in your opinion?"...
Lynchmobs and strange fruiting of the traitors to humanity followed by interplanetary WAR! I would personally find out who was originally responsible for authorizing allowing ET to invade and I would find some way of ressurecting them from the dead and I would never stop killing them OVER AND OVER AND OVER FOREVER!
I wouldn't stop even if my Goddess begged me to!

P.S. I'm 100% Human and Earth is my home! I'll defend both to the death from traitors to humanity and and ET's illegally trespassing!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ET_MAN
Alright so we have been hearing about disclosure for a very long time now, it seems like people and especially lately are more and more anxious for a final disclosure to come out and I have always wondered on a curious level why it’s so important for people to have an official public disclosure?

Is it mostly for themselves because they are confused about the world or religion and not really sure if aliens are real or not and need their government to acknowledge it in order for them to put that itch to rest they’ve been scratching or is it because they think it will suddenly change the world if the governments come out and make an official statement?

What is the drive behind someone wanting a full disclosure who already knows for themselves I wonder? Is it to prove to their family and friends that they have not lost their mind or will it just make them feel better inside somehow knowing that finally a government acknowledgement has taken place?

I’m sure there are many various reasons at different levels for people all differing one from another so if you don’t mind casting an opinion/statement please take the time to share why disclosure is so important for you on a personal level? I really couldn’t resist starting this thread honestly, the curiousity on this one is that itch I’ve been waiting to scratch.-)

Thank you and play nicely on this thread please!

I find the question a tad naive (not saying you are) but justified,

Official Disclosure is important because our system of ethics demand that our official government representatives say and acknowledge the truth.

Official Disclosure is important because once the UFO phenomenon has been recognized by the political apparatus, it will unlock the door to 'official' scientific study of the phenomenon. This is already done in some parts of the world, such as in Hessdalen, Norway, but needs to be done globally,

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Heliocentric]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I don't believe it has anything to do with the authority of a governament. I honestly don't give a crap about what the governaments say.

I do care about what people that hold evidence have to say.

Many people want the US governament to speak out, not because they want to hear a authority saying "oh, we also believe they are out there, lets search for them!", but because people believe the governaments have alien technology in their power, because people believe that the governaments already had some type of contact with other ET civilizations, and so on.

What I got to realize from the time I have been researching and knowing about all this stuff, is that people want the governament to disclosure what they have and that they don't tell us.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The Illuminati will continue to lie to us and the government.
So I see no disclosure until most everyone finds the root technology that is hidden.

How could all the lies be exposed.
It would be immense.
You can find a stack of them in the writings of Bill Lyne.
Dr. Greer interviewed Mr. Lyne and used none of his material.
Lyne has many energy devices researched from Tesla.
Dr. Greer should know that the Tesla library is locked and the
ones holding the keys are unknown.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If the governments of the world have kept their mouths shut for over sixty years, I highly doubt they'd ever start opening them about what they know now. Disclosure from terrestrial sources isn't coming. Its not coming from extraterrestrial sources either.

I do want to know exactly what is going on in regards to questions on life and this conspiracy, but I don't expect to ever have the answers. Lies, secrecy, and criminality are a part of our lives and we won't be getting away from them in our civilization any time soon. Perhaps 500 to 1,000 years from now things will be different, but I certainly won't be around to see it.

Barring anything like a UFO crash that is somehow impossible for our governments to cover up, disclosure will not be happening.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Frith]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
The Illuminati will continue to lie to us and the government.
So I see no disclosure until most everyone finds the root technology that is hidden.

How could all the lies be exposed.
It would be immense.
You can find a stack of them in the writings of Bill Lyne.
Dr. Greer interviewed Mr. Lyne and used none of his material.
Lyne has many energy devices researched from Tesla.
Dr. Greer should know that the Tesla library is locked and the
ones holding the keys are unknown.

I don't see why you are always posting about Tesla in UFO threads?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
For many and myself it is not about the "government saying it is okay to believe in ETs". It is about what a disclosure would entail......That would be the publication of ET technology, the story on them, actually being able to meet them in a friendly manner (I hope), being able to converse with them, etc. To me it is about the consequences of disclosure, not the disclosure itself.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ET_MAN
I have always wondered on a curious level why it’s so important for people to have an official public disclosure?

I am an enthusiastic disclosure advocate because for me it would mean so much. If governments came out and finally admitted that, we have been and are visited by extraterrestrials all the time. However, they would also have to admit that their agents have had dealings with extraterrestrials over many decades which would be huge weight lifted from my mind but a colossal headache shifted to theirs.

That weight comes in the form of ridicule from my peers, worried looks from my family and a sense that whenever I mention what I have seen, I am somehow pigeonholed as a loon. I no longer talk about what happened to me with my family for that reason.

Government wants UFO acknowledgers such as myself to remain on the fringes of the insane, deluded and ostracised because it suits them to keep us there. I would love to know the reason why. I have my theories on that and they are not good.

Therein lies the problem because this lie in my opinion has become so nasty and deep that I cannot really see how any government could come out and admit it now because their hands are now sullied with the lives they have wrecked in the injudicious quest to keep a lid on the phenomenon at all costs.

I think the only way government could give a disclosure is by admitting that the phenomenon exists but for our own good. They kept it secret because the visitations are a threat to humanity. I think the voting public would pat them on the back and say, “You really did have our safety and piece of mind at heart after all, – and you got my vote partner. Now what are you going to do about it?”

If disclosure comes, I am certain it would be spun in a negative way.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Dissemination]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla

I don't see why you are always posting about Tesla in UFO threads?

There is a chance that Tesla made the craft.
He spoke many times of an aircraft he would make.
Written up in this pdf summary doc, it downloads if clicked.

Also in this external link:

Go 300mps, be steady in wind and any storm, be held by electrostatic
beam to the ionosphere (the "veritable rope of air" statement) and
others that have led some to say the ether ship is here because of
Tesla.

As steady as the ether is the only way to be steady against wind
and storm.

Sorry that needs an explanation of course but when disclosure might
mean opening up all of the Tesla Library at Los Alamos I don't
think it will happen and I'll still be left with UFO threads.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
for me so I can finally have some kind of payback for the opression , killing and brainwashing for the past 2 a 3000 years by major religions ...
It has to stop some day and I hope the arrival alien life and disclosure of facts will finally lead to freedom , a free mind and creativity in all kind of ways.
all the lives lost due to the bickering of religions ect
and finally I will be not met by people laughing at me stating that life out in space is real and will be contacted by us or them .

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing everyone and I think the most common answer out there for the majority of the world honestly would be that they DO NOT believe in UFO’s or extraterrestrials visiting this planet. Therefore an official disclosure of the government admitting the cover up and that they are real would be putting it lightly a “Shocker”.

I believe the most common answer for those in Ufology on this question would be along the lines of what Jkrog08 wrote:

“It is about what a disclosure would entail. “

Now I believe let’s just say IF an official disclosure ever was truly made that governments already know it’s a pandora’s box type scenario and they cannot just let a little out and get away with it.

The people would demand all the information and not only the information but the technology that comes along with it that I personally believe the human race could not handle or is not yet ready for. On top of that all of the crimes to cover up the secret over all these years would spill out and governments would get blamed, public would get infuriated/angry that a secret like this has been kept from the public for so long knowing people were stripped of their rights, mistreated even killed in the process.

On top of that many in the world whether you feel this way or not may in fact take their own lives due to belief systems/dogmas, it may bring out a lot of hate in some groups, paranoia, fear, instability breaking down the walls of the entire system of science, astronomy, religion and world view/reality. It absolutely most definitely would cause many serious problems in religions and that would make the world a much un-safer place over that area as I believe many would consider these visitors demons, a trick of the devil among many other things. Some religions would think governments of the world have struck a deal with the devil or anti-Christ to sell out the human race or something along the lines of that causing fear, panic, rage, rioting, extremists and so on. The power/economic structure of the world may collapse and things get even more dangerous from there, out of control, less order, law and so on over such a disclosure.

People would then question and ask what else is the government keeping from us and after that point most people out there would believe probably just about any conspiracy theory there is knowing that the governments are un trustable and if they have kept information from the people in the past they are probably doing it again on many other issues such as population control, illuminati, rituals, dark secrets of types, new world order, subliminal programming/mind control and so on. At least this is what I see happening and I think disclosure is as big an event for the world as say the second coming would be for the Christians, it is a huge deal, it’s not as simple as people think.

The Majority out there are not ready and CANNOT handle the truth!

I’m not talking about everyone on ATS or the few hundred million of us who can handle the truth but the rest of them that wouldn’t even visit ATS in the first place who are trapped in their everyday lives of reality, sleep, work, eat, drink and on weekends enjoy the usual day off and day at church. These type of people would be hit hard and devastated in learning such information because they are unprepared for such an announcement and it could literally shatter their reality/world and hit them like a ton of bricks. It’s these type of people that make up the majority of the world, the one’s who do nothing more than work, pay bills and keep their families alive with occasional entertainment on the side watching ET movies that they laugh about as sci-fi. But the fear has been instilled in the public through Hollywood about aliens and aliens have been portrayed as monsters, War of the Worlds, Independence Day, Aliens to name just a few.

Whether some like it or not ET’s themselves have control over this situation and it’s not always just up to the world governments to decide on disclosure. ( Even if they wanted to ET’s would stop them because they can see better than anything how that would affect human populations, global activity and society in general) These visitors revealed themselves and came on terms and conditions and most species out there wish NOT to disrupt the natural process of low level worlds by interfering with civilizations on a public/official/conscious level. Most wish NOT to disrupt their reality or cause war, fighting and death among such civilizations in masses all because of them happening to show up and say “Hi how are you I’m an Alien from this star system.”

They know what level the world is at and they know people on earth cannot yet handle the truth, they hear and can read our thoughts in masses and see outcomes better than we can imagine. Now I am not saying that a disclosure will never happen but that chances of it are SLIM to NONE. When more and more stories come out in a more positive way and people’s world views change or shall I call it the human consciousness changes on a much larger scale than what it currently is at, like lightening in the sky you know the storm is coming well you can at that point know disclosure is at least a possibility of being closer to happening.

Now these are all my opinions and as many have stated on here it doesn’t take a genius to look at all the information out there available to the public, all the credible government officials who have come forward with documentation/evidence/testimony 100’s of them in positions of authority and to look at astronomy and the universe the size of earth in comparison to what’s out there, the pictures, sightings, and other ordinary people’s stories. It only takes a little common sense/reasoning and pondering really to receive a disclosure at a certain level for yourself personally. The majority turn away any of it immediately dismissing it as non-sense calling it irrational and kooky because of the programming that is instilled in their minds and we can’t blame these people because they were probably all just like you were at one point for those of you who have consciously realized that ET’s are the real deal and not a joking issue.

Enjoyed the discussion and hope to discuss more!
ET_MAN

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Its important for me, because all beliefs... Ideas and science could come to a standstill.

The world will totally change...

We are not talking little changes we are talking Massive! changes!

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's important for all of humanity to know we're not alone for several reasons. First of all, the people who represent us have perpetrated a fraud regarding UFOs and ETs. I believe they should be able to tell the truth without any repercussions. That's the only way they will come clean. It's a big part of our history that hasn't been taught in school, but should. Contact with ETs could be beneficial in many areas. Official disclosure is important for me because it's the right thing to do.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
ufo buffs want full disclosure?

saucer = disc

low = lo

sure = sure

disc + lo + sure = disclosure

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by soul of integrity

second line!

top topics