It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is disclosure so important for people?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Disclosure I don't really think is a good idea perhaps just a bit, again it would vary on what is being disclosed. If an "ET" were standing at my front door I would want to sit down with the "ET" and have a bit of cake and tea, and a positive conversation, but even if that were to happen I think my visual part would be in shock, perhaps terrified depending on how that "ET" may look, unless it looks like some cute teddy bear then I would be ok with it being there (^_^) I only would want to prove to my family that there are "ET's" visiting I would want my family to be more aware.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
How can a guy who starts a thread answering everyone's questions, like he is all knowing, ask a question like "why do those in the know want disclosure?"

?? You want to know why enlightened ones would share their knowledge and yet it's ok when you do it.
Am I the only one seeing this?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think he's asking a pretty good quesion! He's just asking what people's personal opinions are on disclosure. I don't see him trying to act 'all knowing'..

Anyway... To me disclosure is important for the greater good. I think if everything from War Crimes, to ET existence, to Hidden Technologies, is officially announced, and it becomes public knowledge, there could be an incredible change in our thoughts, and there will be a certain Oneness we can all feel when the playing field is leveled.

When disclosure happens, I think it'll benefit in many ways.
1) No more SECRETS from the government which will likely result in a new governing system that we can trust.
2) Once everyone is 'in the know' about whatever they're hiding from us, we'll be on the same page, and separation between humanity will greatly decline. EVERYONE will join ATS!
(just kidding) No more arguing the facts with people though, it'll just be known by everyone. (like it should be)
3) Once it's known that Religion was created to set a divide between humans, we can work together knowing we /ALL/ came from the same place. We won't have separate beliefs, because it'll all be facts, rather than belief.
4) When disclosure happens, ET's could openly visit us without having to worry about causing any turmoil. They will be known as a peaceful race, and we won't have to fear the chaos a First Contact mission may cause.
5) When the ET's can openly visit, they can help us with new technologies to help fix our beautiful Earth. I know we have plenty of our own technology that will also likely be a part of disclosure, but for the most part, it seems we've been using that technology for bad, when we could be using it for so much more.

Well, the list of positives really goes on. So many amazing things could come out of this!

But of course, I can't leave out the possibility of Disclosure being a bad thing, where it could turn our lives upside down WAY too quickly. It can't just be a giant shock to everyone, that's why it's been such a slow process. If we just announced to the world "HEY EVERYTHING YOU BELIEVED IN WAS A LIE" I could only imagine what effect that would have on people. Some religious groups may not know where to turn, some people who trusted the government won't know who to trust. There will more than likely be people who don't know how to react, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives. Sure we might take a blow to our ego's. We'll have to push the reset button on everything we know. Things might be a little crazy at first, but imagine the freedom of knowing. Imagine a paradise, perhaps like in Avatar, where the world can just pour out loving energies and so will we. We can connect with our earth as it has a consciousness fully capable of giving us answers, if we knew how to ask. Everything is going to change, and I'm so glad to be a part of it!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tru_blu_dude

Oh, I see you never frequented the "Warnings from the benevolents" thread. That was the thread I was referring to. Read through it and then tell me the OP doesn't seem all knowing.

I just find his question here hypocritical. He starts the warning thread telling everyone about cataclysm and that millions will die. He states that he has a different vibrational denisty and all this esoteric knowledge. Then he answers everyone's questions for like a year. That being said; why on Earth would he question the motives of others who claim to know this or that, and want to bring it into public light? He just did it himself.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ET_MAN

The people would demand all the information and not only the information but the technology that comes along with it that I personally believe the human race could not handle or is not yet ready for. On top of that all of the crimes to cover up the secret over all these years would spill out and governments would get blamed, public would get infuriated/angry that a secret like this has been kept from the public for so long knowing people were stripped of their rights, mistreated even killed in the process.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by ET_MAN]

Jezz ET_MAN you keep telling us we are going to die in a couple of years!So what's the difference if the government discloses and release the technology?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE

The people would demand all the information and not only the information but the technology that comes along with it that I personally believe the human race could not handle or is not yet ready for. On top of that all of the crimes to cover up the secret over all these years would spill out and governments would get blamed, public would get infuriated/angry that a secret like this has been kept from the public for so long knowing people were stripped of their rights, mistreated even killed in the process.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by ET_MAN]

Jezz ET_MAN you keep telling us we are going to die in a couple of years!So what's the difference if the government discloses and release the technology?

Keep in mind that he simply stated some warning and did not guarantee on the event actually happening; the motive behind the thread link is to get people to prepare themselves spiritually and to figure out what the warning may possibly be. To a normal being it may seem that it's the end of the world but in fact the true meaning could be the opposite. Keep in mind that through-out ET_MAN's thread he did not guarantee a cataclysmic event but laid a foundation of a possibility in one.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I have always wondered on a curious level why it’s so important for people to have an official public disclosure?

Thats actually an excellent question, why indeed?

Here are some possibilities...

1. Given the level of advancement necessary for interstellar travel, their technology could have remarkable implications for us, that may allow for our society to take a HUGE step forward.

2. We'd finally know WHY the secret was kept. Though, this may not be a good thing...if their agenda isn't one we'd agree with. Without disclosure, all we can do is speculate on their motives... I'd much rather know, one way or the other.

3. Makes you wonder what IS being done with the tech, doesn't it? Obviously, there are likely defense applications, but the private sector advances are the real problem. We could be sitting on tech that would make dependance on foreign oil obsolete, etc.

4. Wouldn't it be great just to realize we aren't alone in this big, bad Universe? I mean, fundamentally, that's the deal, when you think about it...

5. Perhaps the aliens' goals are sinister, and if we knew, we could have been better prepared?

There are a ton of reasons FOR disclosure, but just as many AGAINST it too... What if we made a deal with them? What if the new tech instantly collapsed industries and created massive unemployment, etc.? There are a lot of considerations...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

it would give everyone more to talk about on here instead of the usual everyday matters rehashed over and over

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
it would give everyone more to talk about on here instead of the usual everyday matters rehashed over and over

I agree that the subject is going through bit of a stale period. Even with significant sightings, the speed at which everything is analyzed (and usually tossed aside as not providing any fresh information) is much faster than it has been in the past. As a result, something has to be really significant and substantial to rise up above all the noise.

Believe me, I've been interested in this subject ever since I was a kid in the mid-1960's. I get bored by nothing new happening. But these things come in waves. On one hand, there is a UFO show of some kind on TV every week. On the other hand, we generally don't really know anything more about UFOs than we did in 1960, which sucks. About the only thing we know now more than then is that there's a good probability that not every sighting or encounter is a deception, delusion, or distortion. There's something odd going on. That much we pretty much agree on these days. As to what it all means, nobody who's saying knows, and nobody who knows (if anybody) is saying.

However, actual "disclosure," if there really can be such a thing, is a game-changer. It would take the subject of UFOs/Aliens out of the fringes and put it right up front and center, and the consequences of that could be either spectacularly wonderful, or horrific, or both at the same time. It would be a real kick to the old ant hill.

Personally, if it was disclosed that a good portion of UFO encounters are aliens that look kind of like us and think like us, but are just from other planets, I would be disappointed. How boring. Like an old Star Trek rerun. However, most people won't accept disclosure unless it's something just like that. Anything else will be seen as more lies.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Definate proof of God!

That's why other creatures are not ready to meet us. They are so advanced, they moved way above that. And they cannot understand why they do exists, they just rejected it.

Humans are built to find the Creator, to get the ansvers. Thats why they are around us, and waiting...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Those who feel they can handle anything DO NOT realize how much more is being kept from them. It's far greater/more complex than most can imagine. This is the very reason why compartmentalized (In the know) MUST keep it a secret, they cannot/will-not open that pandora's box. (Besides it was never their box to open up in the first place.) Never was and never will be.

I fully disagree with you sir, your words carry a painful weight.

-Knowledge is power, so for the elite to keep the knowledge arguing they are keeping our little minds from explode is nothing but a FULL MENTAL JACKET.

-Over the millenia the hits to our reality interpretation have been big and we are still here.

-So yes, reality is so complex that common people does not have a clue of the things in front of their eyes ... so what???? who give the elite the power to decide? they take it from their own egoistic motives.

-Your words make me remember this scene from "war of the worlds": Tom Cruise character decided he must kill a man, so he blindfolded her daughter so she doesn't catch what is going on. And so, you are telling us that we are unable to realize that this is a reality of Live and Death, of pleasure and PAIN, of laugh and sorrow??? , of mirrors and maces???

-Sorry man, but I think disclosure will bring a very necessary shake to our decaying culture.

-In your words I feel this idea of the so called guardians taking care of us... But I thing that is a big lie: they have accepted this planet to became a "human coop". They can not tell the truth. State the truth can not be handle. But that also another part of the lie.

BRING ON PANDORA. WE have been fighting the unknow for millenia

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by oshdra

Hi Oshdra,

I can understand how you must feel and if I was in your shoes probably would feel the same way.

Upon finding out more and more is when a person may wish they never knew so much. Life is nice and cozy for the meantime in a seemingly regular/ordinary physicality Earth/life.

Pandora's box is a tough pill for anyone occupying physical bodies experiencing life on Earth to swallow.

It's one thing having knowledge/awareness that ET's are interacting/visiting but a much different scenario when learning more that goes along with the territory. Most could not handle some of the hidden truths. The majority was never intended/supposed to know anything further while enrolled/participating in mortality/physicality.

The not-knowing part is the reason why people must experience life on Earth in the first place.

Knowing too much could ruin the reason/purpose/experience/intentions behind being enrolled in the Earth life mortality/physicality program. Not everyone is supposed to have all the answers and some of the forbidden/knowledge/mysteries would be difficult to live with "knowing" due to human conditioning/comprehension/understanding at current grade level.

The Teachers/Creators/Designers need to change quite a few things. Change is just around the corner in the not too distant future but change comes in a different way. Every civilization has been through the repetitive seasons/cycles. Earth school must go on and when it's the end of the school year-"Schools" out for the students for a "TIME" while the school yard goes under upgrade/maintenance until the following year.

Every "Soul" receives a full disclosure upon leaving the flesh and full memory/recollection/understanding/comprehension. Disclosure is just around the corner for many.

Best Wishes!

[edit on 11-3-2010 by ET_MAN]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

I would like to see disclosure happen because it could be the start of real interstellar relations.

There could be planets or space stations out there where aliens of all types come to trade or interact. There could be seemless technologies to buy like universal translators, faster than light spaceships, automated manufacturing technologies.

The possibilities are endless.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I've deleted the entire comment. I need to keep a roof over my head and pay the bills and this will be an experience and much of disclose than most people would imagine. Its just one of those times when I've made the correct choice now I've put my soul at rest from anxiety because I was saying too much. Never mind!

Peace out!

[edit on 11-3-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Personally I have believed in E.T.'s since I was 8. It has been 16 years now of skywatching, and reading any material I could get my hands on. I am ready to be proven right TBH. It sounds shallow I know but man I just can't wait to rub it in the faces of the people who have put me down over my beliefs for all these years. The put downs never bothered me, but they will make it all the sweeter.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ego got the better of me. I chose to delete comment as I'm not falling for that old game.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

As much as I appreciate your kind answer, I can't help but see signs between lines... and so I wonder: it wasn't Carlos Castaneda the one who wrote that tyranny is the warrior tool to learn to deal with the unknow?

I will be meditating your words.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tru_blu_dude

RE: 4) When disclosure happens, ET's could openly visit us without having to worry about causing any turmoil. They will be known as a peaceful race, and we won't have to fear the chaos a First Contact mission may cause.

Are you sure about that?

Who says they are a peaceful race?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Because think I'm crazy?

'nuff said!

But honestly, I think the truth should ALWAYS come out!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
We can't even live with each other. Simple differences in appearances and/or belief cause wars.

I'd love to escape this planet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join