It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harassed, Seriously, WTH.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Sorry your friend was harrased at work,no less.Im a Christian but would never dream of force feeding my beliefs upon anyone as i would'nt want theirs forced upon me.Its the radicals in all religions who have seem to have lost the message...peace

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

At would say at the least i'm Atheist-Agnostic.

But for the most part, I don't believe there is a god, to the same extent I believe there is no pink unicorns.

I'm open to the idea of it, but I just believe there is no god, that's it, no more to it.

I'm sure others believe there is no flying turtles on venus, but they can't be sure of it.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
Sorry your friend was harrased at work,no less.Im a Christian but would never dream of force feeding my beliefs upon anyone as i would'nt want theirs forced upon me.Its the radicals in all religions who have seem to have lost the message...peace

If someone confronts me, I'll put my beliefs forth in front of me.

If they don't I won't go around attacking people and guilting them, that's just wrong, on so many levels.

Foremost, there's a time and place for everything. At your job, isn't one of them especially if it's disrupting and making everyone uncomfortable.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I can say this is pretty true. I'd done this in the past in a sense. I was always curteous in person.. But man when I played online games, I became a real dick. In WoW I would go and kill all the lower level people. In WC3 I would play games, and get into powerful positions, and then ruin the game.

But if they asked me where Im going if I die tomorrow while Im working?
I'd say "No, but I know you're going in the back of a police car if you don't leave me alone."

Or if theres no one around

"No, but I can guarantee you will be finding out in the next five minutes"

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I understand that, I really have no tolerance for people boasting themselves, and telling everyone else their going to be burning in hell.

It's like going up to someone and telling them their recently dead sister is right now, burning in hell for eternity with no hope of getting out, being raped by demons.

And then have a smile on the whole time, like I don't want this to happen to you.

Give em a kick in the jaw.

I don't know if they were doing what JD apparently did lol. But I tend to believe they were as real as it got, and Jesus Camp type of kids.

Especially being in the bible belt.

Man, if it was 30 year old or older person, I'd be ok with it, but these were school children... just wrong.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
You know I really pity these people for being so brainwashed.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I'm not proud of what I did.

But it sure did make for some fun nights. Thats why I'm writing this off as idiotic teens.

As long as they didn't physically injure anyone, all you can do is shake your head and laugh.

Think back on all the stupid things you did as a teen.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
You know I really pity these people for being so brainwashed.

Is it pity, or well I'm not sure.

Like, when I was a christian, I would've done the same thing, I know it, and I even did a few 'shows' around at coffee houses, as a kid, in my early teens.

It's just sad to see others taking it, further or to the same extent as I did.

I live with my own demons, but those are metaphors, I can't imagine living with real demons.

I just wish, the spectrum was shown a bit more. And the dogmas broken down.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

I'm not proud of what I did.

But it sure did make for some fun nights. Thats why I'm writing this off as idiotic teens.

As long as they didn't physically injure anyone, all you can do is shake your head and laugh.

Think back on all the stupid things you did as a teen.

Don't even go there lol.

I can't believe you did that as a teen, that's pretty well, unique. I would never of thought of that.

I guess, noone got hurt, but some people, are mentally disturbed by thoughts of hell, and well it's emotional turmoil they are put through when someone tells them that covertly there loved ones are burning in a lake of fire for eternity.

it's pretty messed up. If it was fun and games, I could laugh it off, but i'm really not sure, from what I hear, an hour of it, that's intense.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
that you converted her is hularious

well bad luck man that those jehowas walked in,she should have kicked them immediatly.
still i dont think there is no force that changes things...maybe let her decide for herself mm? give her the facts and knowledge..no u know what..you right

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
that you converted her is hularious

well bad luck man that those jehowas walked in,she should have kicked them immediatly.
still i dont think there is no force that changes things...maybe let her decide for herself mm? give her the facts and knowledge..no u know what..you right

What?

No I've known her for awhile, and we would occasionally talk about religious things.

She knew I was atheist, and would question me, eventually she just became atheist.

I didn't force her, she knows fully well it was her decision that there is probably no god.

I didn't use forces of eternity, or a yes or no stance.

I just told her why I am what I am, and she thought it more reasonable, then the other stances.

By the way, they weren't jehovahs, just christians. (if you'd like a other perspective, pretend they were muslims!)

If you read this, pretend that these kids weren't christians, say they were muslims trying to convert everyone.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Small town and big attitudes can lead to some pretty unique situations.

Me and the same buddy used to be really into pro wrestling and we got taken down to the police station for our parents to pick us up because we staged a huge fight in a gas station once.

I had a gash on my head from the real wrestling match I had earlier that night. When my friend gave me a DDT I rubbed it until it started bleeding again, it looked like I was seriously injured.

The whole thing lasted maybe 5 minutes and then I "chased" him out of the store and down the street. The clerk, a lady, called the cops and they picked us up about a mile or so down the street.

How I became a respectful, responsible human being is beyond me.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I had a situation similar to this happen to me once. But they were college students from MY COLLEGE.

So I went to Christian college for two years. Got my associates and split.
Well I should tell you I have tattoos which is a big no for the college and im Jewish to boot still I got in on account I knew a few of the professors. My father knew the dean of admissions and made a donation to the college I am sure that helped as well any way.

SO there I was first day of college, I did not want to be there and it showed.
I was sulking after orientation which was an ordeal in and of it's self so there is this tiny chapel on the grounds right next to the defac and the student Christian book store. That I found tucked away from the main road that leads in to the school so I go in there and lo and behold, there they are 6 of them. They looked at me and I froze

I had felt like I had walked in to a Black Panther party. I could feel them judging me my body is covered in ink, finally one of them said "are you lost, boy?" I thought to my self Boy? So I worked the courage up to say something I was going to give it to this people I was going to burn the church down that had stood there since 1936 and than the most amazing thing happened I said Sorry. that’s right and than one of the females from the group said come on in. she asked if I was a street kid as there are allot of them around the town I laughed and said I was attending college here " IMPOSIBLE" one of the guys chimed in you have tattoos they are forbidden here I pointed to my rolled up sleeve which contained a pack of lucky strikes. I said so is smoking but hey I still do it I showed them my student ID they were floored with the fact that I got in the college. And than the shark attack happened it was out of no ware man.

DO YOU KNOW JESUS one girl yelled at me, yes yelled at me
I responded with HEY we are in a church show some *snip* respect
Than another volley of HEY HAVE YOU FOUND JESUS
I respond I did not know I was supposed to be looking for him. But as soon as I find the *snip* you will be the first to know.

I went on like that they blocked the way out every time I tried to leave. To be honest I was on the fence about my religion but after that episode and the many that followed over the two years I stuck with being a Jew. and you may ask your self’s why did you stay there for 2 years why not transfer well my father said he would cut me off if I left with out a degree.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Wow, well you surprised the hell out of me.

I couldn't imagine going out and just attacking people, just not me, I guess.

I only respond physically when provoked, along with most things.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

So you used the nicer way of converting her.

In the end you did the same thing they were trying to do. The differance is that two differant techniques were used.

Converting someone is converting someone. Doesn't matter how you do it.

Having a debate with a person and them coming to their own conclusions is far different to abuse, harassment and indoctrination.

Seems to me they had talked about this in intelligent debate and she was open to the ideas, and she had an epiphany.

I feel sorry for the girl, no one should have to deal with that.
Personally, I would have given them thirty seconds to get the hell out before I called the cops and had them removed for public disorder.

If anyone came to me at work and tried this I'd give them the argument of their lives, and if that didn't put them off, I'd hand the responsibility to law enforcement.

There's no excuse for it, absolutely none.

link   

NO NO

We were fighting each other. I never hurt anyone. It was just to get a rise out of people.

link   
Nothing against christians, but every time someone has tried to convert me to christianity, it always started, and ended with the following three.

1. Do you know your lord a savior?
2. You need to learn who your god is because he loves you.
3. Don't you want to be saved?

To an extent I pretty much believe all of the books of modern day religion other than the book of mormon... I don't take it all literally, and I see it more as an ancient description of historical events described as best as possible.

Now if I were to try to convert someone to something I believed would help them in their lives, telling them that a fiery death or else, would be the last thing to say. But that's just me

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

Wow I don't know what to say.

Or to even to really understand what take you stand upon, agnostic, atheist, jewish?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

NO NO

We were fighting each other. I never hurt anyone. It was just to get a rise out of people.

Wild man. LMAO.

As someone once told me, I'd love to of been your college roomate!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I will put it this way I was raised a Jew but I love pork bacon to be exact shhhh DO NOT TELL any one.... well I suppose my secret is out now. GIVE THE JEWS PORK BACK!

Im still on the fence one side is my heritage and on the other is reason and logic im incline most the time to go with the reason and logic but I just don't know at this point and stage in my life.

On second thought Ill go with what ever side gives away pabst!

EDIT: To add the pabst comment

[edit on 27-8-2009 by ashnomadonte]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join