It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harassed, Seriously, WTH.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
wow they must have been catholics? orthodox church dosnt really have these fanatic believers. i think in italy if you say something atheisty' on the street theyr going to make your life miserable

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Throw as many rolling eye smiley faces at me as you want.

Converting is converting. There is the nice way and the not nice way. Spin it how you want.

Now as I said before, I have no problem with the way the two went about talking about it and her converstion.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by Republican08

I will put it this way I was raised a Jew but I love pork bacon to be exact shhhh DO NOT TELL any one.... well I suppose my secret is out now. GIVE THE JEWS PORK BACK!

Im still on the fence one side is my heritage and on the other is reason and logic im incline most the time to go with the reason and logic but I just don't know at this point and stage in my life.

On second thought Ill go with what ever side gives away pabst!

EDIT: To add the pabst comment

[edit on 27-8-2009 by ashnomadonte]

I'm sorry, PABST? Whats that lol.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by detachedindividual

Throw as many rolling eye smiley faces at me as you want.

Converting is converting. There is the nice way and the not nice way. Spin it how you want.

Now as I said before, I have no problem with the way the two went about talking about it and her converstion.

I got your point to.

Most people get upset at the fact i've 'converted' 4 people in my life to atheism.

Not militant atheism, just that, simply 'there is no god'. Or at the very least, they've become agnostics. Just more on the Atheist-agnostic side.

But I don't understand the harshness I get for bringing such a miniscule amount of people away from christianity and islam and hinduism.

Hinduism actually being my favorite religion, It's very interesting, very.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Christians could be told they're wrong by jesus himself, they're not going to stop arguing their "facts" to anyone who isn't christian. I have fun with Jehovah witnesses, when they come to the door and ask if they can talk to me, i say "Talk about jesus? satins tells me he's not so good..."

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Originally posted by ashnomadonte

I will put it this way I was raised a Jew but I love pork bacon to be exact shhhh DO NOT TELL any one.... well I suppose my secret is out now. GIVE THE JEWS PORK BACK!

Im still on the fence one side is my heritage and on the other is reason and logic im incline most the time to go with the reason and logic but I just don't know at this point and stage in my life.

On second thought Ill go with what ever side gives away pabst!

EDIT: To add the pabst comment

I'm sorry, PABST? Whats that lol.

WHAT!?! here

Pabst Blue Ribbon, also known as "PBR", is the most well-known of the Pabst Brewing Company products. Originally called Best Select, and then Pabst Select, the current name came from the blue ribbons that were tied around the bottle neck, a practice that ran from 1882 until 1916
Pabst_Brewing_Company

its only the BEST BEER EVER! imo

This is the original Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer. Nature's choicest products provide its prized flavor. Only the finest of hops and grains are used. Selected as America's Best in 1893," a reference to the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition, where the beer won a contest

My friends and I have a saying have a pabst, it’s the only beer that lives in the past just like you.
you.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Crazies on both side of the aisle.

Thats why I stand on the side lines and watch and laugh.

Convert as many as you want and leave those you cant convert alone.

I just ask that both sides leave me the hell alone and let me enjoy the entertainment.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by patent98310
Christians could be told they're wrong by jesus himself, they're not going to stop arguing their "facts" to anyone who isn't christian. I have fun with Jehovah witnesses, when they come to the door and ask if they can talk to me, i say "Talk about jesus? satins tells me he's not so good..."

Oh wow, I have a jehovah's witness church within a block of me.

And i'll be damned if not one has come to my door yet, I'm still waiting, one day they will come to my door, and I anticipate that day.

But I for hell, will not go to their door. Unless brought there.

Or a neighbors calls and asks me to come over and see them.

I stick to myself, and on here I post opinions, just as the religions are 'opinions' themselves.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by patent98310

Same goes for atheists.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Crazies on both side of the aisle.

Thats why I stand on the side lines and watch and laugh.

Convert as many as you want and leave those you cant convert alone.

I just ask that both sides leave me the hell alone and let me enjoy the entertainment.

I sir, If I met you in life, (real life not here) we'd talk about fishing, the weather, and possibly the best place to eat, and where our taxes are going.

If you became a good friend, and discussed other things, I'd bring my views about, but I will not push anything upon you.

Only on the internet, because well, it's a read thing, you can simply click ignore, or mentally ignore it. That's fine, you have an option, in life, you don't want to be blockaded, this is simply a click of a button. And you can ignore the whole thing.

kind of why I like this site, although many on here detest me.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

The Pabst brands make up 2.8% of the American beer market.

Well no wonder I didn't hear about it, it's illinois beer. lol.

I've honestly have no clue before now, what it was.

Now, i've got to try it... and oh I will, if it's not greatness as you say, I will fight you on it. lol.

Got to go find it now!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I have been approached heavily by both sides.

I ask them the same thing I asked you a while ago.

Prove that there is or isn't a God?

If someone can prove to me one way or another I will become an atheist or a christian. Until then there isn't really a discussion. I only regurgitate what I read. None of it is ever personal belief.

I'm the ultimate middle man.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

If someone can prove to me one way or another I will become an atheist or a christian. Until then there isn't really a discussion. I only regurgitate what I read. None of it is ever personal belief.

The ultimate, I give you that!

All I can really do is disprove the common and sometimes uncommon religious gods, such as yahweh, krishna, allah, and such.

I can't prove entirely that there isn't a god anywhere, but I can propose an alternative option for belief in a personal god.

it's the little that i do, and for the most part keep to myself. ATS is my disclosure.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

She converted to a non belief.

There is no "non belief".. that is if you truly "believe"

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

The ultimate, I give you that!

All I can really do is disprove the common and sometimes uncommon religious gods, such as yahweh, krishna, allah, and such.

I can't prove entirely that there isn't a god anywhere, but I can propose an alternative option for belief in a personal god.

it's the little that i do, and for the most part keep to myself. ATS is my disclosure.

I can give you an alternative savior Right now. You will thank me for this

I beleve we can all get behind cheesus.

EDIT:thank is not a tank

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by blind.face

There is a thing as a non belief.

I hold no beliefs. I hold a non belief that their is or isn't a God.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by blind.face

What are you trying to say? really?

That's like saying that there is no non elvis believers, that noone can know for sure that he is actually dead, same goes for tupac.

www.youtube.com...

Here is a little video

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

reply to post by blind.face

There is a thing as a non belief.

I hold no beliefs. I hold a non belief that their is or isn't a God.

are you talking about this. because if you are that is some next level *snip*

Nihilism (from the Latin nihil, nothing) is the philosophical doctrine suggesting that values do not exist but rather are falsely invented. Most commonly, nihilism is presented in the form of existential nihilism which argues that life[1] is without meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value.

Moral nihilists assert that morality does not exist, and subsequently there are no moral values with which to uphold a rule or logically prefer one action over another. Nihilism can also take an epistemological, metaphysical, or mereological form.
Nihilism

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by blind.face

What are you trying to say? really?

That's like saying that there is no non elvis believers, that noone can know for sure that he is actually dead, same goes for tupac.

www.youtube.com...

Here is a little video

I'm not talking about elvis.. I'm talking about your belief.. if you truly think there is no God.. then I assume you "believe" there isn't a God..

To say anyone is a non-believe is inaccurate. For the record, I could give a # less if you believe in God, to each his own.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

Apparently you are not understanding me.

I hold no beliefs at all and you know, my life has plenty of meaning.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join