It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harassed, Seriously, WTH.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
So I went to work today, pretty alright day, spoke to a mexican about racism, and some attacks put on him, which made him stronger, we exchanged, I gave him some free stuff, since he was working on the building. Nicest guy i've ever met.

A friend of mine, wasn't texting me back, which is weird. Especially for her.

FYI, I converted her to atheism, about a few months back.

Well she called me about 2 hours later, upset out of her mind.

I asked her what happened, (yeah on the phone at work. It was slow, and she was at work too, a gas station.) she told me, that she had just been harassed for an hour, by nonetheless persistent christians.

She thought they were jehovah's witnesses, but when she asked they weren't. They walked up (three of them) to the counter, and asked her if she had found her Lord and Savior, her eternal key to happiness. She replied, no, i'm atheist (bad move). They jumped on her, note they weren't buying anything, just trying to get her to give her life up to Yahweh.

They first asked her a series of questions.

Like.

Do you know what happens if you die tomorrow.
She replied, I will die, and that'll be it.

They told her, that she will burn in the pits of hell for all of eternity, in eternal agony and despair, and that they as christians will rejoice in heaven with their lord and father for eternity. While see screams in pain watching their happiness.

The rest of the questions related ultimately, to the fact that she would be burning in hell.

All of this going on, while customers where trying to buy their gas and items. But these christians were persistent. They demanded answers, and weren't afraid to get loud or yell, to get their point across to her, that she is as of right now, going to burn in hell.

Now I taught her a bit on how to deal with these people, and she really should've sent them over to my store, so I could hit them with some reality.

For the first while, I suppose she entertained them, but after disrupting and interupting every customer, and preaching fire and brimstone on her, she got fed up and tried to ignore their cries of her demise, and eventually had to kick them out, and use force.

Seems like a bad incidence.

Here's the Clincher.

The Christians, Were 15. All three of them.

Are religious adults, even christians and muslims, training their kids, to spread and force their beliefs on others. If so, what message does this spread!?!?!

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

yada, yada...

Buy a diary dude...it will be better for everyone.

BTW - there is NO conspiracy here...

[edit on 8/27/2009 by happygolucky]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

So you converted her prior to the persistent Christians attempt to convert her? For the record, how are you different from them?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I find both atheism and Christianity to be dogma, no offense man.

I'm not sure what happens when you die, but I hope it's more than nothing.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
There is nothing worst than having a zealot shove their religion down someone's throat, even sadder when they come in clusters.

I feel for your friend.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Moonlight

So you converted her prior to the persistent Christians attempt to convert her? For the record, how are you different from them?

Because. I don't go to peoples places of business, in conversation it came up time and time again, I didn't push it on her, she took it.

I don't force it on anyone in real life, or tell them there going to hell.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky

yada, yada...

Buy a diary dude...it will be better for everyone.

BTW - there is NO conspiracy here...

[edit on 8/27/2009 by happygolucky]

For a happygolucky name, you sure are the opposite.

If you don't like something just stay away bro. Just stay away.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

So you used the nicer way of converting her.

In the end you did the same thing they were trying to do. The differance is that two differant techniques were used.

Converting someone is converting someone. Doesn't matter how you do it.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

So you used the nicer way of converting her.

In the end you did the same thing they were trying to do. The differance is that two differant techniques were used.

Converting someone is converting someone. Doesn't matter how you do it.

I just told her my thoughts, and they were better then the previous, mental evolution I suppose.

I didn't tell her she must believe or face the wrath of whatever.

I didn't impose myself, she came into my life willingly.

She converted to a non belief.

She is also a A-Astrologer and A-Elvis.

I just showed her facts and ideas, and she liked that better.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I don't have a problem with it. No need to explain to me.

But you did the same thing the three guys tried to do. You just went a nicer gentler way.

Some people get their point across in a rational and some go the crazy route. But in the end they are trying to accomplish the same thing.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Your friend handled it quite well, i lasted about 45 mins of harrassment and recieved two common assault and one mallicious damage charge out of that, mind you, any of my friends will enlighten you that im usually a keen pacifist.
Charges were dropped against me when it was later revealed they had been convicted of harrasment and stalking. Lucky me, though i did have to pay for the drivers side window in which apparently I smashed, i could of sworn it broke through an act of god!

I side with your friend.

Edit to S&F, id like to see if more people on ATS have stories to tell

[edit on 27/8/2009 by scubagravy]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I hate religion with a passion! I can't believe the nerve of some people to do that! If I could travel through time and space I would go to the time when all religions were made and destroy any evidence of the "Books".

Religion causes so much conflict between people, has even started wars and hatred between other religions. If you think about it religion is like a "Cult".

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I'm sure the first people who wanted to be rude with me. Would of been much different if I had said they were Muslims... just saying.

Songwriter, I believe the books, aren't entirely bad, just most of the content.

I think we could use to edit them dearly. And stop the childhood indoctrination.

I honestly believe that a 15 year old has a good understanding of religion, or any other religion.

The fact they were 15 astounished me the most.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

The fact that they were 15 should tell you right there that they were acting like most 15 year olds without manners.

They probably laughed about it afterwards. Such is the way of teens with no manners.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

I don't find Atheism to be dogmatic, you can question it and ridicule it, i've debated for it, and the people in it.

There is no, untouchable part in it. It's all open to discussion.

Say you want to speak of the dogma around Mother Teresa, then you have a problem, people will get pissed, she is a holy person, not someone to be discussed against.

Atheism, is open for all debates, inquires, and discussion, all my posts for myself to ats, have for the main part been open.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

The fact that they were 15 should tell you right there that they were acting like most 15 year olds without manners.

They probably laughed about it afterwards. Such is the way of teens with no manners.

I don't know what they did afterwards, but from what I heard, it was a very extreme group of 15 year olds.

It just scares me a little, for kids this young, not to be out playing and riding skateboards or bikes, but to be preaching to people at gas stations....

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
As an ex-Christian, I can understand the motivation that the teenagers have in their desire to get their beliefs and message out. However, even when I did adhere to the Christian faith, I never failed to feel more than a little irritated when I'd see or hear someone going on the offensive and/or using intimidation when speaking to someone in an attempt to convert them. My personal opinion of spreading "the good word" of Christianity or any other spiritual beliefs is that actions speak much louder than words ever can, and that being an example to others through one's lifestyle is far more influential than anything a person can say. I suppose it's the ole "walk the talk" thing put into action.

That being said, I'm sorry to hear that your friend had to go through what she did. I hope she can shake it off and move on, and the next time something like that happens she'll be more prepared and tolerant in dealing with the situation.

The thing that kind of pisses me off, apart from hearing about your friend's experience, is that it's very likely that those teens were told how to approach people and try to scare them into changing beliefs. That method totally invalidates the purpose of spiritual faith and belief. If you decide to believe in something because you were intimidated into doing so, that belief is not genuine. A person has to form the beliefs on their own terms and be at peace with that. Maybe that would be a good point to use the next time your friend is put in a situation like the one she went through. Actually, I might have to take that approach as well.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I am sad to admit but I was a stupid, rude teen.

I would go to gas stations and harrass the clerks. Every once in a while me and a buddy would go the religion route. We would ask the loaded question as these guys did.

Have you accepted Jesus Christ?

Their answer would determine which route we went. If they said yes we would act like rude atheists. If they said no, we would act like rude christians.

We never went as far as they did. We just made them feel stupid and leave. We didn't do it but maybe 2 or 3 times. We got chased out of a store once by a clerk swinging away with a baseball bat. That made our night.

Mostly we just tried to talk our way into them selling us beer or tobacco.

The point being. Teens are rude mostly for their entertainment. I wouldn't put much thought into why they did this.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

I don't find Atheism to be dogmatic, you can question it and ridicule it, i've debated for it, and the people in it.

There is no, untouchable part in it. It's all open to discussion.

Say you want to speak of the dogma around Mother Teresa, then you have a problem, people will get pissed, she is a holy person, not someone to be discussed against.

Atheism, is open for all debates, inquires, and discussion, all my posts for myself to ats, have for the main part been open.

That's true. I guess I meant Atheists feel sure there IS no God and have faith that life is a random accident.

If you're open to the idea of God or intelligent design you're an Agnostic as opposed to an Atheist.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Oh and I actually don't think Mother Teresa was a very nice person, but that's a different topic ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join