It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harassed, Seriously, WTH.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Originally posted by Mr. Moonlight

FYI, I converted her to atheism, about a few months back.

So you converted her prior to the persistent Christians attempt to convert her? For the record, how are you different from them?

Because. I don't go to peoples places of business, in conversation it came up time and time again, I didn't push it on her, she took it.

I don't force it on anyone in real life, or tell them there going to hell.

I have no problem with people promoting their religious beliefs, but if I am to go along with your line of thinking, in that pushing someone to convert is bad, then yes, you quite possibly did the same thing, but in a different manner. You say that your differing manner makes your actions a "Non-Conversion", but let me put it to you like this: If you jab somebody with a needle full of dope and force them into drug addiction, how is that any different than if you "simply" persuade them or "enlighten" them to the so called "benefits" of using it, and as a result of such, they become addicted no less?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

This is what. I can imagine they put them through, what they made me in private school go through, and thinking for myself, was the work of the 'devil'.

Maybe not as extreme physically but mentally yes.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
I find both atheism and Christianity to be dogma, no offense man.

I'm not sure what happens when you die, but I hope it's more than nothing.

That my friend, is the BEST reply I've read all year. I swear!!

You can tell you make sense and aren't an emotive reactionary - you didn't get bugger all stars for it. You got mine tho mate!!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

I have no problem with people promoting their religious beliefs, but if I am to go along with your line of thinking, in that pushing someone to convert is bad, then yes, you quite possibly did the same thing, but in a different manner. You say that your differing manner makes your actions a "Non-Conversion", but let me put it to you like this: If you jab somebody with a needle full of dope and force them into drug addiction, how is that any different than if you "simply" persuade them or "enlighten" them to the so called "benefits" of using it, and as a result of such, they become addicted no less?

But if converting is wrong, how is a back conversion bad.

Just a person believing, that life is life, and death is in fact death. How is that wrong, then promoting death, judgement and such better.

Any type of conversion and belief would be wrong by that matter no?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Dude you should see the privet Christian schools. They touch on the sciences they don't tech evolution. You should get a hold of this book called geniuses unbound it will blow your mind.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Moved to BTS?

Oops, back to the homosexual, anti god pro blah threads it is.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
Moved to BTS?

Oops, back to the homosexual, anti god pro blah threads it is.

Yeah, you can thank neformore for that.

Apparently to big to fast is wrong...

And I honestly, don't have the fight to try and get it back....

Sad. Of all the threads that could've been moved... it was mine. No victim, probably just because it was pure religion.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by Republican08

Dude you should see the privet Christian schools. They touch on the sciences they don't tech evolution. You should get a hold of this book called geniuses unbound it will blow your mind.

Not sure if you know or not.

But Elementary and Junior high school, I went to a private school FWA. Yeah talk about hell on earth.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
sorry about the gay jesus thing I thought it was wicked funny thoe

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

sorry about the gay jesus thing I thought it was wicked funny thoe

Awe. it wasn't you.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I'm curious as to the relevance of the mexican and the racism conversation, and the giving of free stuff. Is that just a set-up to the story to show what a nice guy you are?

Seems a little weird to tack it on.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by babloyi]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

reply to post by happygolucky

Bastard xtians, if mars is habitable I recommend giving it to them and locking the door so we achieve a little sanity on earth.

We should not resort to cussing to make our points.
not when funny pictures work so much better
Not only does it make your point week it makes you look week.
imo

[edit on 27-8-2009 by ashnomadonte]

What the hell is a "cuss" when it's at home ?

Whatever it is, we certainly shouldn't go around harassing and stalking people to make our points, because that doesn't just make an argument look week it denotes desperation.

These people that go around knocking doors and accosting others on the street promoting their version of the yahwehjeus god, are not different to amway quixtar reps. Completely under the spell of delusion desperate to get bums on seats at the next meeting.

Oh and by the way yes funny pictures do work well but like a slap around the swede only really serve to strengthen their resolve.

To my mind the answer will always be education, I like to educate with napalm .

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

A gay jesus what's wrong with that?it would certainly explain a lot, especially the overwhelmingly Homophobic nature of xtianity.

So, perhaps Jesus was gay after all and a cover up ensued by the church to suppress this contravention piece of information ?

Excerpt
Mark 10:34, reads as follows:

They came to Bethany, and a woman was there whose brother had died. She came and prostrated herself before Jesus, saying to him, "Son of David, have mercy on me." But his disciples rebuked her. Jesus became angry and went off with her to the garden where the tomb was.

Immediately a loud voice was heard from the tomb. Jesus approached and rolled the stone away from the entrance to the tomb. Immediately he went in where the young man was, stretched out his hand, and raised him by seizing his hand.

The young man looked at him intently and loved him; and he began pleading with him that he might be with him. When they came out of the tomb they went to the young man's house, for he was wealthy.

And after six days Jesus gave him a command. And when it was evening the young man came to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. He stayed with him that night, for Jesus was teaching him the mystery of the Kingdom of God. When he got up from there, he returned to the other side of the Jordan.

This story has, of course, has caused a great stir among scholars. Although the story has similarities with other stories such as the raising of Lazarus, and the rich young man in Mark 10, there are startling differences. To some interpreters, especially near the end, the story has a homoerotic overtone to it. Jesus becomes acquainted with a young man who loves him and comes to him with nothing but a linen cloth over his naked body. Then they spend the night together where Jesus teaches him the mysteries of the Kingdom of God. What's that all about?

The second passage Clement quotes is anti-climatic in comparison. Clement indicates that after Mark 10:46, there was another addition in the secret Mark Gospel that is not in our canonical bible. It simply states:

And the sister of the young man Jesus loved was there, along with his mother and Salome. And Jesus did not receive them.

This passage isn't important by itself, but when one looks at our canonical Gospel of Mark 10:46 it seems rather odd until this 'secret' passage Clement quotes is inserted. In our version, why does Mark state that 'they' came to Jericho if they didn't do anything there? And why did Mark say "he went out of Jericho with his disciples"? Why not just say 'they' again, as he did in the first part of the verse? Alas, if you insert Clement's passage from apparently the longer, secret version of Mark's Gospel, this is what you end up with:

46 And they came to Jericho. And the sister of the young man Jesus loved was there, along with his mother and Salome. And Jesus did not receive them. And as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

But if converting is wrong, how is a back conversion bad.

Just a person believing, that life is life, and death is in fact death. How is that wrong, then promoting death, judgement and such better.

Any type of conversion and belief would be wrong by that matter no?

your not understanding what people are saying because you are looking at it from a "my idea is better than yours" POV.

ok fine, your viewpoint is less judgmental and more "passive" but its still one viewpoint of many.

conversion is not done by the person presenting the information. its done my the person who decides to convert.

if someone presents information to your friend and she decides to become christian or muslim or whatever, you cant say they are shoving anything, just as much as they cant blame you for the "converting" her to atheism. she decided for herself.

what those "christians" were doing was not preaching. it was harassment. which is annoying and accomplishes little.

but you cant get bent out of shape over christians that do "preach", because everyone preaches their beliefs. even atheists

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Interesting course of events...

No offense, but I get the impression your friend is one who is easily shaped by circumstances in her environment and probably not able to make decisions without the guidance of others. Do you think she would join a cult if the leader were charismatic enough and there was no one to warn her against it?

I kind of doubt you have converted her at all, her ideas are probably dependent on whomever she feels the need to gain the favor of. If something ever happens and she no longer has your friendship, I think she would mold her beliefs to the next person who is nice to her whom she wants to be friends with. That's just my opinion.

But, especially if the above is correct, she is lucky to have you in her life to keep her from falling prey to someone else, I suppose.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
First of all, I don't see why you needed to convert your friend to atheism

Second, yes, religions teach their practitioners to "spread the word" in order to reaffirm their faith. If you don't want to spread Christian values to others then you don't really believe in Christianity. Besides that, it is spiritually fulfilling to express yourself, and for many people their beliefs are what they use to express themselves.

Third, don't believe that people who harass you and promise eternal damnation are sincere Christians. They could just be mentally ill or victims of trauma.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

First of all, I don't see why you needed to convert your friend to atheism

I didn't feel so, we conversated, and after awhile, she liked my stance better, there was absolutely no pressure placed.

Turns out I had my own run in with a christian lady today.

Wasn't a harrasment, but made sure that I'd check out a website and such, I haven't as of yet, but plan on to eventually, just afraid it will be like all the others, a waste of my time.

Hope word doesn't get out around here that i'm atheist... eek.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Don't you hate it when you start a thread and it doesn't go the way you think?

Next time she just needs to call the police. If they get to the point where they are inhibiting business they can get called out of there.

It is quite scarey that they can't take no for an answer.

I usuall tell them I am a witch and I wiggle my fingers at them and they tend to go running.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Funniest one ever:

When I lived in an apartment we got harrassed by JW all the time. I swear once a month.

One day, I was giving my cat a bath. Big black cat with lots of extra toes.

It was a nightmare! She scratched me to hell and back. She was already angry cuz I tried a flea treatment that she had a reaction too.

JW came to the door. I ran out of the bathroom, threw open the door and said W H A T!! I had wild hair, was covered in hair, dirt and water. And was covered in bleeding scratches. The poor girl gasped and was like, never mind and ran up the stairs. I believe that was the last time I was visited by that particular church.

I spent the next couple of hours wondering if the police were gonna show up.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I spent the next couple of hours wondering if the police were gonna show up.

Thats what I was gonna ask you!

Lmao, I sometimes wonder what things JW's see, i'm sure it'd be like personal contact with a telemarketer!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join