It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Secrets of a UFO Think Tank Exposed!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dissemination
That was great reading thank you for posting it.

One thing that did pique my interest was one of the accounts of an encounter with an extraterrestrial being. If on face value this account is genuine then could this be the truth and the reason why this truth is kept from us?

“Why have they never told Earth's people about this? There could be nothing more wonderful for humans than to be told that death is definitely not the end, that they have a soul!

After a pause, the alien replies: “You don’t.”

For me this is not a terrible thing. Does it really matter if we have a soul or not? What matters for me at least is living in the here and now. In a way death is just oblivion then, return to star dust, rinse, and repeat. If we have no soul and if that it the case why should it be a cause of such fear? The authorities need to get a grip if they think this is some nightmare truth people should be protected from.

Actually, I missed another angle. If we have no soul and this got into the mainstream in a believable manner then people will not fear what may come from living a bloody, nasty life where they may have poured suffering on others. Anarchism and a new age of humankind could be what the elite fear then?

S&F you gave me some things to think about ty again

i suspect that this encounter is a lie. I refuse to believe we dont have souls.

for one thing, this counters every other report we've heard from aliens.

there are the thousands of afterlife experiences people recall after coming back from clinical death which proves an afterlife.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
In the sibel edmond's interview today, she mentioned rand corporation many times...... I just find it funny that in her interview was the first time I'd heard of the rand corporation and then this?
wtf?

[edit on 27-8-2009 by heyo]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dissemination
That was great reading thank you for posting it.

One thing that did pique my interest was one of the accounts of an encounter with an extraterrestrial being. If on face value this account is genuine then could this be the truth and the reason why this truth is kept from us?

“Why have they never told Earth's people about this? There could be nothing more wonderful for humans than to be told that death is definitely not the end, that they have a soul!

After a pause, the alien replies: “You don’t.”

For me this is not a terrible thing. Does it really matter if we have a soul or not? What matters for me at least is living in the here and now. In a way death is just oblivion then, return to star dust, rinse, and repeat. If we have no soul and if that it the case why should it be a cause of such fear? The authorities need to get a grip if they think this is some nightmare truth people should be protected from.

Actually, I missed another angle. If we have no soul and this got into the mainstream in a believable manner then people will not fear what may come from living a bloody, nasty life where they may have poured suffering on others. Anarchism and a new age of humankind could be what the elite fear then?

S&F you gave me some things to think about ty again

maybe the alien is a liar?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This is my first post but something immediately came to mind when I read the alien's "no soul" speech. The alien may possibly mean that they genetically created us and therefore we're just a lab experiment, intelligently created.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The sources for this thread and other posted by the OP, are MUFON (Mutual UFO Network) and NUFOC (National UFO Center), published weekly by Major George Filer, USAF (ret.) and his Filer's Research Institute in the "Filers Files" website:
www.nationalufocenter.com...

I certainly hope that the OP is "paying his dues" for accessing their information and disseminating it into other forums.

Filer is a dedicated researcher, whose site exists only through his own finances and donations:

The purpose of these files is to report weekly the UFO eyewitness and photo/video evidence that occurs on a daily basis around the world and in space. I personally became interested in UFOs when I was ordered to intercept one over England while flying for the US Air Force. The US Air Force under Project Blue Book investigated UFOs for more than twenty years, we continue this research. I believe God has spread life throughout the universe and UFO’s are visiting us in ever increasing numbers.

National UFO Center: www.nationalufocenter.com...

This is hardly a 'for-profit' or biased (other than by sincere belief and faith that the "truth will out"). Everyone who enjoys these dispatches should let Filer and NUFOC know they support his efforts.

need your help. It is very time consuming and expensive to research and prepare the files. Only a few people who have enjoyed the files for years have chosen to provide a donation. I would greatly appreciate your contributions to help sustain my production, reporting and research efforts. I also want to thank everyone who has sent their UFO sightings, without your help there would be no files.

If you believe or enjoy, you owe it to George Filer and NUFOC.

jw

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
If the Aliens in question are "The Grays" isnt it pretty much accepted that they are a bunch of liars and not to be trusted , they work to there own agenda ,whatever that may be .

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
I suppose if a person wants to believe in an afterlife, but a alien says "there is none", then that person could decide to simply not agree with the alien's assessment -- just like some people today with religious leanings decide not to agree with atheists who say God does not exist.

I just don't understand why we would think that an alien would have all of the answers concerning the existence of God. Perhaps God does exist, but the alien culture we may encounter is full of atheists.

[edit on 8/26/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

Unfortunately the subject has become such a rabbit hole of lies half-truths and disinformation that we cannot know if we have a soul of not and have to decide for ourselves on that one. Subjective I guess and in the end I suppose even an advanced alien species would have to prove after contact that what they say can be trusted. However If an alien came up to me and said “Nope you don’t have a soul,” I would have to take into account the obvious fact that his or her civilisation is so much more advanced than my own, on all levels. I could not simply choose to disregard what I was being told, as that would be akin to disregarding what an astrophysicist was telling me about the universe.

In addition, that brings up the whole bag of disinfo and lies again. Said alien could be lying for reasons that I do not know about and in fact, I would have to assume there is a danger of deceit, as over the history of us they do seem to have kept us in the dark on a diet of manure.

Have they had a hand in dividing us and keeping us distracted with petty differences in religion and culture because they have business on this world? Could it be that a spiritually awakened population could get in the way of their business? If there is even a little truth to this then yes, I would agree with you but it would be a bitter pill indeed having to contend with a truck full of lies from those that rule us but realising that extraterrestrial visitors are also prepared to lie to us because they are atheists.

Personally, I would want to believe what an extraterrestrial was telling me because if it were all a tissue of lies then said alien is not the friendly being I would have hoped for and to my mind that is the stuff of nightmares.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Well that is interesting because that apparently contradicts pretty much everything that has ever been reported related to aliens and their insight on the 'soul'.
Those are just a few rumored reports that discuss a "soul matrix". There are more.

Thank you for those links, I have read them and others. I am simply confounded as to one alien telling a human that we have no soul and yet others notify us that we do have a soul matrix and then come accounts that some refer to us as "containers." To be seen as little more than a container just seems contemptuous on their part and thus leaves my head spinning.

Conflicting accounts would also give the impression that someone is contemptuously lying to us and that scares me as I would not wish to be distrustful of a visitor, but his or her inconsistencies on the subject of a human soul would leave me no choice.

I am not saying that I agree with the alien that says we have no soul I am just thinking that perhaps it would be a good thing to believe that we have no soul.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Hello! The alien is a liar. My own mother lies to me when it concerns her own adgenda and what she wants. How could you ever trust a stranger?
(Alien?) Someone who you know nothing about ,who flies above our planet being a peeping tom, abducting people, and what ever else they do here without the Earth's inhabitant's permission. Common sense here, trust must be earned not freely given. People lie all the time, its what they do. If you are a truely giving person who is honest it is against your nature to believe this, and it will take you a long time to understand human evil is everwhere. God is everywhere, I believe it is all a test in your faith in God. God is Good. God is Great. Beware, Stranger Danger.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
why do people think that aliens would really know the "truth" about God or an afterlife any better than we humans do?
[edit on 8/26/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

I think people (myself included) assume that extraterrestrials would be closer to the truth about a god or an afterlife because their civilisation would be much more advanced on all levels. Like their technology, spiritual matters would have or at the very least should have undergone an evolution the like we would find extremely hard to comprehend.

When I think of an advanced alien civilisation, I imagine it to be extremely in tune with their spirituality in the same way an advanced civilisation lacking in an understanding of spirituality greatly risks succumbing to self-destruction.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Dissemination]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This is my Thread on ATS .

This documentary is unreal. It explains so many things.

Please read.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope it helps.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Here's a lengthy detailed review of a book about RAND.

Looks like a mixed bag of some visionary thinking, reliance on mathematical formulas over human psychology, self-important incompetence and, in Daniel Ellsberg's case, some real heroism.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by fls13

Thank you so much for your information. I must admit I missed your thread, I will give you a S&F for your research.

It is always interesting that the really good stuff gets passed by. If the can't "debunk" it, it just dies.

As I said earlier, there are so many pieces to this puzzle. We just get the tidbits and try to figure it out.

Thanks again

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker
Did you all know that Ben Rich the man who ran Lockheeds "SkunkWorks" and was involved in a lot of black projects has a son named Michael who is one of the head honchos at RAND?

Check out the link and his bio.

Michael Rich

Yep, very interesting. Michael Rich (song of Ben Rich) is Vice President of RAND. I sure would like to ask him about some of the comments his father was said to have made. Doubt I'd get any reply...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Good find, and a very interesting read.

Thanks for sharing.

Saved and flagged.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by joshhoff
This is my first post but something immediately came to mind when I read the alien's "no soul" speech. The alien may possibly mean that they genetically created us and therefore we're just a lab experiment, intelligently created.

it boggles my mind that so many here have overlooked one obvious thing. forget the idea that maybe the alien is lying or trying to interrept what the alien might have met.

umm maybe the person who allegedly spoke to an alien was lying ? maybe its just possible he never spoke to an alien at all ?

i find it funny that nobody here even questioned that the person might be lying. everyone made a huuuge leap and assumed amazingly that he actually met and spoke to an alien. as if that happens daily

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I mean, what kind of evidence could an alien possibly have that can disprove the existence of God?

If they arrived and showed us that they were the ones that we considered "gods".

...It's like your dad showing you the Santa costume that he used all this years.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Here is my take on it:

I believe that it is thought (logically) that any species more advanced technologically (and thus evolutionarly) than us would also have a more advanced spiritual understanding more than likely. It seems to reason that with more knowledge of the advanced physics of the Universe that you would undoubtedly find some evidence of a 'spirtual' world beyond the veil of our 4 dimensionally bound existence. Plus the longer a species is around and able to comprehend events in reality it also is logical to assume they may have aquired more knowledge about such things.

For me it is the exact same take but with the opposite outcome.

The more technologically advanced we get the more we believe we know. When in fact this is just an arrogant stance of a science that has no way of discovering the truth because they are not technologically advanced enough to understand it.

The more technology and knowledge we acquire about our surrounding area the more bias we become in our opinions about the truth. Why would another intelligent species not follow the same path mankind has? It's the equivalent of the smartest fish in a fish tank saying, "There is no life beyond this room."

I'm not here to debate whether there is a spirit or not I'm questioning if the statement was true and accurate the actual knowledge of the life form.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
in a lot of reports i've read where the aliens strongly believe in a "creator" and they do not fear death. Maybe what they are saying relates to that story about the nurse from Roswell who would communicate with an ET and it said our souls are collected when we die, and reincarnated. But then again, I believe Faith is here for a reason.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444

it boggles my mind that so many here have overlooked one obvious thing. forget the idea that maybe the alien is lying or trying to interrept what the alien might have met.

umm maybe the person who allegedly spoke to an alien was lying ? maybe its just possible he never spoke to an alien at all ?

i find it funny that nobody here even questioned that the person might be lying. everyone made a huuuge leap and assumed amazingly that he actually met and spoke to an alien. as if that happens daily

I do not think anyone is overlooking the possibility that the alien is lying. In fact, it is possible the alien is lying of course but the hope is that the alien is telling the truth, the subject of a human soul being of secondary importance in that context. The consequence of a highly advanced species lying through their teeth would also beggar the question as to why lie. At least that is how I am interpreting it.

There is also the possibility that the person who had the conversation with the alien is lying and never had such an awesome conversation. I always choose to assume that people in threads such as these are holding at the back of their mind that the whole thing could be and probably is a total lie and that possibility is thus so apparent it is not even mentioned.

In addition, what is to say the opposite that maybe people are having conversations on a daily basis with aliens? There is no proof either way but I think it could be possible, given the nature of sightings on a global scale, the abduction phenomenon and such like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join