It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask A Schizophrenic Anything

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CleverNameHere

[edit on 24-8-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Thank you for this thread if only more people could read and gain some insight into mental conditions like yours.

You are to be commended and a huge star and flag for you also.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
To the OP:

Do you think one Schizophrenic could recognise another sufferer without a word being spoken?

Also - Do you feel you are dealing with your affliction mainly due to people telling you HOW you should live your life. Basically what do you think would happen to you if you submitted to your thoughts.

Would your life be better or worse?

Do you think you view the world differently to non-sufferers? If so - on what sort of drastic scale of difference?

I.e 1- being not very different and 10 being extremely different.

--

Thank you for your time.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Why would anyone with half a brain ask a schizophrenic for advice?

It's laughable. But oh wait, now I know where a lot of the conspiracy paranoia comes from. lol

Just try to get your brain chemistry back to balanced.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I hope this question doesn't sound ignorant.

I am wondering, if your condition could be described as having some of the blinkers removed so it enables you to see and hear things that exist, but most people are able to shut out - do you find that you have the sensitivity to 'tune in' to people who are around you?

I am very slightly telepathic, but I don't always find it easy to differentiate my thoughts from those of others. I usually only get a clue that I have tuned into someone else's thoughts if they say something about whatever has been on their mind.

I am wondering if you have 'strange' thoughts (or even voices) that could be attributed to those around you. Do you find yourself feeling confused or over-loaded when you are with many other people?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
good forum man
yeah i had a dream i was skitsophrenic sorry cant spell lol but it was reli real it was like i was in a room with this lady we started to speak but then she started smiling and laughing as this happens i had at least 100 voices in my head saying different stuff then i woke up could this be the start of yyour condition plus i have had fears of going to sleep because i feel somthings waiting for me to fall asleep its weird plus i took a photo of my mums tv and theres a thing in the tv and the tv is off and it looks like a dog we huge teeth anyway man can you tell me whats going on with this if this could be the start for me devolping a form of it cheers dude

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CleverNameHere
I know it seems a bit absurd; trust me, you don't know the half of it.

It all goes so deep, I'd rather not start on any particular part of how I became Schizophrenic, as most of it's quite personal. I will give out the details I'm comfortable with, though.

Ask away.

FYI: I am not in any way telling you that the answers I give will or have come true. I am simply giving you a view into a Schizophrenic's mind.

Here is one for you:

What type of Schizophrenia do you have?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
For over 2 years now I've been hearing voices and seeing things. You said you still have your "inner voice" which dominates the others. I myself have lost my inner voice and my thoughts are now very abstract, I can't really describe it other than I used to verbalize thoughts before and now I can't unless I use one of the many voices that happen to be around. I've actually been taught this by a voice claiming to be some medicine man from Bali (in that period I believed the voices were ghosts/spirits) who said I should 'overtake' voices so I could still express myself. If I don't feel like expressing myself though I simply become quiet and when I allow it the voices might strike up a conversation.

So my question would be, have you ever tried to speak through the other voices? Like having them saying things. It doesn't really do anything other than at times it can be hilarious as it sometimes confuses them or provoke funny reactions.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

It's like a thought, but forced upon you.

I got a question about that- do you have one particular thought 'forced' upon you? thru dreams, or 'seeing' the thought in a tangible way (ie: TV, magazines, or it just 'happens'..) ex: for hypothetical purposes, the 'thought' is an Edsel. you have dreams of being in them, or being chased down a road by them, or being in an accident in one, there seems to be more than the 'usual' mention of them in ads, on tv, ect. You can barely do anything and the Edsel problem gets triggered by something, anything- And every so often, even tho you're reading, say a comic book, if you lose focus of the letters even for a second, the word 'Edsel' manages to show up?

If the above is yes at all, How about your dreams? Still hypothetically- You can be dreaming along of something completely 'normal'- when all of a sudden, the dream is brought to a screeching, crashing halt, you're aware of it, and the dreams of the Edsel are blasted right over the top of the former dream? And you wake up with such a tremendous emotional response, it actually causes you to cry/ scream/ ect?

Thank you if you decide to answer this question...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I have known many people who were,and are schizoprenic,not that they hear voices,but that thoughts from within push into the without,causing interference.

The problems arise when one cannot differentiate between inner thoughts,and outer reality,and the appropriateness/inappropriateness of their application in certain situations.

Like outer reality actually exists anyway.

It is all just meaningless,to know sane ,you must know crazy,like light and dark......

But then,from what I see,and the way most people live,I think it has all been flip-flopped.

Buncha happy slaves.

????????????????????

Schizophrenia is just an extreme of a problem everyone has to one extent or another.

Don't marginalise people,because when you do,you deny yourself a learning experience.

Thats Ignorance.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
What you are doing is very admirable. There are negatives and positives to both sides of the medication debate, but have you tried alternative methods? When people are interacting with you, is it best for them to treat you as if you didn't have the disease or are their certain things they need to be aware of?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Strange thing is, ive woken paralyzed twice from sleeping. Both times a weird shadowy demon type asshole was in the room with me... when he disappeared i could move again. Im not schizophrenic and a hell of a lot of people experience this, even some of my friends.

To be honest im thinking its a real phenomena, but could just as easily be hallucinating in between sleep and wake states.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think that schizophrenia is a reaction to not being allowed to think freely.

Like deprivation causes some to go out and steal to eat.....

Some of the greatest geniuses that ever existed were schizophrenic.

-If you are rich,you are eccentric.

-If you are poor,you are just a crazy fkr.

Society forces norms on you,labels you in the eyes of the truly ignorant.

The truly ignorant are unfortunately the majority.

In my opinion,normal is a mental condition,and not necessarily a desirable one.

Normal is the fear of not fitting in,look at the world,the problem becomes pretty obvious.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

have you ever tried to transverse your dream world. The voices, do they answer your thoughts when you think of questions. And does it sound like someone is actually talking to you not in the low quite thought form but like i am talking to you in your house right now. I hear stuff alot and some voices but some of them come in quite clear and very understandable but it does not sound familiar just feels familiar. Does that even make sense to you.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sloppy

Strange thing is, ive woken paralyzed twice from sleeping. Both times a weird shadowy demon type asshole was in the room with me... when he disappeared i could move again. Im not schizophrenic and a hell of a lot of people experience this, even some of my friends.

To be honest im thinking its a real phenomena, but could just as easily be hallucinating in between sleep and wake states.

That my friend is sleep paralysis also known as hypnagogia. Quite common really, but can be disturbing to a new experiencer.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
My best friend developed schizophrenia from plastic contained within cannabis resin, this and underlying health issues !

He took a while to open up to me and my other friends but he did give me a great insight into the mind of a schizophrenic.

May I suggest that you try to follow the route of shamanism , use your unusual brain chemistry as a tool instead of it hindering you!

The sleep paralyses that you speak of , I've had this on many occasions , and so has my fiance' many of these times we have both felt the presence of some sort of being, many people claim this to be a succubus ! or succubi !

Anyways your schizophrenia , yeh read more about shamanism , and try to practice it, or at least learn more about it !

Also try to document everything that goes on in your head , the people you speak to or the voices you hear, write it down , and also draw some art of it !

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CleverNameHere
reply to post by KSPigpen

I'd rather not talk about eyes. One of my visual hallucinations is everyone's eyes look like they have a blurry censor over them. Not a bar over the top of the face, but a round censor over each eye.

To guess, though... Brown?

The voices aren't.. physical, I guess you could call them? When I "hear" them, I realize that it's just in my head, but it's not as vague as simply thinking up something. It's like a thought, but forced upon you.

Yes, music helps great deals. I crank it up and put in some headphones, and I can think clearly. That's what I'm doing right now.

December 2008 is when it all started.

If that's the case, you might not be pschizo.
This sounds similar to alien abduction accounts, where the abductees claim to have the aliens "forcefully" communicate with them in their head. That would make alien abductees pschizos..

Aliens can also make you see stuff and hear stuff. This might be something alien related, man

And if you're mentioning sleep paralysis, that's stuff that shrinks use to explain away alien abductions. And this just started in December 2008? This doesn't sound like some crazy pshizo stuff, this sounds like something is really going on, dude.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by MegaCurious]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Anything on your mind that you are comfortable with asking.

I will tell you whether or not I'm comfortable answering it.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

Not yet, and I don't plan on it any time soon.

I'll have to whoop some ass if Satan shows himself to me. =P

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I think im a bit weird as the hypnagogia didnt scare me as much as it excited me lol.

Thanks for the thread clever, appreciate you answering some questions on this. Hope you cope well and stay safe.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join