It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
1. Child abduction: the fine is only like $25000.
2. Stealing the actual CD: the fine is $2,500
3. Rob your neighbor: the fine is $375,000
4. Burn a house down: The fine is just over $375,000
5. Stalk someone: The fine is $175,000
6. Start a dogfighting ring: the fine is $50,000
7. Murder someone: The maximum penalty is only $25,000 and 15 years in jail, and depending on your yearly salary, would probably be far slighter a penalty than $2 million
Originally posted by drsmooth23
There is an excellent Reason Phish was one of the highest earning bands in recent times. They Actively Support the taping of and archival of all their performances for distribution among other fans.
you know what that created? a band that could sell out fesvitvals mere minutes after the tickets go on sale.
When bands embrace the technology and can produce the record independently, it helps keep the douche bags in charge from profiteering from their creativity
Originally posted by Darthorious
reply to post by Moodle
It comes down to an industry trying to survive after it refused to change it's marketing practice. They don't even need to bother making the CD's anymore but they do where as if it was myself in charge CD's would be a thing of the past. They have a lot of things they could be doing to rake in the cash with today's technology but their leadership is pry some 60 year old men stuck in a paradigm refusing to change and adjust with the times. They could base an entire internet service around the music and it's sales but they are too stubborn and too stuck in their ways to realize the profits that are still to be had in an instantaneous world wide market where you can go from song production to on the internet shelf literally in a matter of minutes if not seconds.