It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Obama's Career Be Over?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Palin and anyone to the right of Stalin is hated by the media, so forget them.

I'm still on the floor with my wire-less keyboard laughing at that...

...classic...

[edit on 8/20/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by milesp

A more accurate term for 'shadow government' and 'NWO' would simply be 'Multinational Corporations'. If that's what you're referring to, I agree.

Very definitely, but do not forget the financiers. Take a look at Monsanto (food control) and General Electric ("green energy") The share VOTERS are mutual funds et al

I grew up on an organic farm and my mother was on the board of directors for a national organic food coop. I know all about those bastards at Monsanto.

As for GE's 'green energy', I don't buy into the hype of corporate rebranding efforts. GE is no more a 'green' company than Exxon.

That being said, a solar and wind power network needs to be developed and GE is currently the largest American manufacturer in those fields. So at least they're ahead of the game on that issue.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
1st off you confused me with an old fisherman from Alaska. You don't thoroughly read the thread. you back up your claims with Palin gaffes which range in the 1 for every 10 speeches, while biden/obama combined avg 1 for every 1 speech. but i will admit, that is not important. its not flair, its substance for which your arguments lack and so do your politicians in any way shape or form... so you resort to 7th grade tactics of personal insults to the debater instead of giving hard solid facts to back up what you say.

i'm not partisan either.. but clearly you lean to the left and have had so much kool-aid it makes me laugh out loud with amusement. i guarantee my intelligence supersedes yours by 3 orders of magnitude. and yes i also LOL
because when i see someone have to resort to personal attacks i know i won the argument. also check out my previous posts in which i clearly get more stars than you do... especially my 1st post in this thread, hmmm how many stars did you get smart guy? LOLOLOL

now i feel like i'm sinking to your 15 y/o level. so i'll leave it at that.
and i'm still sorry to see we have one thing in common... both inde's ... what a pity.

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by insideNSA
2nd i'm not from alaska, LOL... that was the testimony of one of her constituents.

Since you are laughing so loudly about me thinking you are in AK, let's look at your previous post. Hmmmm, I wonder what lead me to believe that, besides having lower than "avg" intelligence, of course...

Originally posted by insideNSA
hey 27ID. show me how she is an idiot with facts? can you? actually the EYE SEE does see... Palin, though not polished has done more good than 10 BOs and has more experience actually leading than 100 Husseins, who just has experience sitting around in the senate voting and speed reading teleprompters.

you are clearly a 'kool-aid' drinker

The last 45 of my 66 years Ive spent in a commercial fishing town in Alaska. I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics well until this last year. Heres the breaking point: Neither side of the Palin controversy gets Its not about persona, style, rhetoric, its about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention the things that Im about to mention here.

Okay, so since you just copy and pasted something from "one of her constituents" directly into your post, without mentioning that (which is against the T & C here), can you see how one could get the impression that you are a 66 year old fisherman from AK??

No wonder you're defending Palin so fiercely, birds of a feather...

[edit on 20-8-2009 by 27jd]

[edit on 20-8-2009 by insideNSA]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

Originally posted by Andre Neves
Oh look...another thread about Barrack Obama.

Well man he is the President and he should be the topic especially in these troubled times. He is failing and I voted for him. He is playing the games instead of being what he represented to us in his campaign.

I do not think we can actually vote for anyone who would do the right thing anymore. I believe the Corporations and wealthy are in complete control. No one who would do the right thing will ever see their name on a ballot.

Um, Didn't he run on health care reform?

I agree, but he was the lesser of two evils.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Guru97]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
he absolutely should be a one term president

he was elected for two reasons, there wasnt a candidate worthy of being elected, neither him john or hillary

and he was also elected simply because he had the race card

not because he was the best candidate for the job

and now that is being proven

he was and is nothing more then a charismatic man

we need more then that for the most powerful position in the world

and once he is no longer president we can stop focusing on the crap, and get back to the real problems, hopefully, unless someone else corrupt takes his place like usual

have you also noticed he is much less charismatic when he isnt in front of a TelePrompter

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Dramey]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
"Could Obama's Career be Over?"

I see no indication of that. Whether he serves 1 term or 2, he will forever be remembered in American history as the first African-American President.

He will forever represent positive change from the status quo. His enduring legacy will stand the test of time as a person of courage and fortitude who broke barriers and rose up from insurmountable odds to the highest electable position in the free world.

He will always remain as a positive change agent and his story will serve to inspire any and all Americans that the dream is real and obtainable.

He will be remembered throughout American history as a pivotal person who stood up to bigotry and oppression. As someone who "takes the high road" and embraces dialogue over destruction and unnecessary war.

Despite the fruitless efforts to smear and discredit him by the naysayers and veiled bigots there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING they can do to destroy the extreme pride I feel seeing him elected serving as our President. Nobody can ever take that away from me.

Nothing they do or say can change the fact that President Obama represents a sea change in American politics and I trust he will restore our great country to the precipice of prosperity and forefront of the world stage.

I predict his career is far from over, rather just beginning.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Obama will not be a one-term President. This (few months old) chart is why:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94ef1f79af2c.png[/atsimg]

If things aren't looking up for him in 1-2 years, then he'll tell Ben to open up the floodgates. The markets will soar, people will have oodles of monopoly money, and they'll be happy just long enough for Bernanke to be reappointed and Obama to be re-elected.

Then we'll see what happens to an economy after a couple of years of massive inflation (hint: it's ugly).

We already have a (inefficient) system of socialized healthcare (Medicare/Medicaid). If you're excited to see Obama's approval ratings plunge due to health-care reform, then you're both misinformed and silly.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This is the reason I don't visit ATS as often. I used to love this site, but ever since the elections it has been filled with political topics.
Seems that every time I click my ATS tab on my browser and the main page loads up, I am met with a bunch of Anti-Obama topics. Yawwwn!
It's like I just got redirected to politics.com or something.

I mean, how many topics can be made about Obamas birth certificate not being real?

Sorry for the rant, had to get that off my chest.

[edit on 8/20/2009 by Andre Neves]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

This is the reason I don't visit ATS as often. I used to love this site, but ever since the elections it has been filled with political topics.
Seems that every time I click my ATS tab on my browser and the main page loads up, I am met with a bunch of Anti-Obama topics. Yawwwn!

I mean, how many topics can be made about Obamas birth certificate not being real?

You know what helps me.

The Onion, I only watch it on youtube.

But it cracks me up, let's me break off from the regular news.

Take your daughter to war day. lmao.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

You know what helps me.

The Onion, I only watch it on youtube.

But it cracks me up, let's me break off from the regular news.

Take your daughter to war day. lmao.

You kidding me? I get notifications set on my iPhone for their podcasts. They are freakin' hilarious!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Absum!
True buyer's remorse;
I thought I purchased hope.
I received Bush in Blackface.
Not amused.

When do we get accountability.
For past sins, and present actions?

"If you sat before me, I would punch you right in the face."

But, I wouldn't say that, because I don't talk that way, besides, it would probably violate some ats rule.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
can we all be a little tad patient? i mean, do you think you're going to wake up and see change.
Ok ok, so he pushed the "we need change" button a little too hard causing Americans to hope for change in a matter of months, but lets be a little realistic.
there is only so much that this man can do. He is a human, but people worship him and look up to him like a god. He will get everything done the best he can, but you got to remember how many people are on Fox noise talking crap about him, along with those stubborn republicans that dont want to help or pass anything. so c'mon lets all just try to hang in there.
(btw, i'm not some rich folk from Beverly Hills. I've been affected greatly from this economy and honestly, i'm trying to hang in there too.)

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
"Could Obama's Career be Over?"

I see no indication of that. Whether he serves 1 term or 2, he will forever be remembered in American history as the first African-American President....

[edit on 20-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

I understand you feel all "warm and fuzzie" about Obama. That is your right. But at least make sure you get your claims correct.

Obama IS NOT "...the first African-American President." Obama's only claim to black (African) blood is a great grandmother on his father's side. In fact Obama is half white (mother), 7/16ths arab and 1/16th black (father). A person has to be at least 1/8th of the ethnicity claimed to be designated as such. Even the Nigerian records for his father list his father as an arab/african.

As with most of what Obama says, in my opinion, his claims of being "black" are deceptive at best. I thought no one could be a bigger liar than GWB. I guess I was wrong.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
As of this morning, Obama is at his lowest point in polling yet. 45% according to Zogby (and they poll heavily towards Dems). The healthcare debate is hurting him.

45%, and he hasn't even been in office 10 months yet. That is historically low.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
this reads like a foot stamping conservative bleating wishful thinking kind of thread.

could it be that you woke up in some gun laden fantasy world?

Obama ain't goin nowhere and has HUGE support.

just because of a few noisy fascists, the world won't change.

I don't see his support in the REAL WORLD so please tell Me where it is. I work offshore with PLENTY of blacks and the agree with Me 100% percent on the Obama issue. I am sure they are glad to see a black president but they sure as hell don't like Him. I guess this is one sided though because all these MEN work 84 hours a week and never have their hands out... I guess You must be talking about the projects or could it be the people that want something for nothing crowd...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by milesp

As for GE's 'green energy', I don't buy into the hype of corporate rebranding efforts. GE is no more a 'green' company than Exxon. That being said, a solar and wind power network needs to be developed and GE is currently the largest American manufacturer in those fields. So at least they're ahead of the game on that issue.

Why do you think they want Cap and Trade? It forces people to go out and spend MORE money than they would if the Status Quo was kept. Isn't it nice that homemade windmills or other "green" energy sources make you lose your home insurance so you are forced to use one of GE's expensive commercial models instead and have it hooked up by a certified UNION electrician. The next "industry boom" all thanks to government legislation

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
[

Originally posted by romanmel
Obama IS NOT "...the first African-American President."

LOL. First, thanks for "allowing" me to feel warm and fuzzy. I appreciate that.

Second, let me express how ironic it is for you to now attempt to deprive our President of his own heritage. I haven't stopped LMAO.

Oh and third:

Barack Hussein Obama II (born August 4, 1961) is the 44th and current President of the United States, the first African American to hold the office.

Source

Obama entered Harvard Law School in 1988. In February 1990, he was elected the first African-American editor of the Harvard Law Review. Obama graduated magna cum laude in 1991.

Source

Barack Obama became the 44th President of the United States and the first African-American to hold this high office.

Source

And you were saying? Your grasp on reality seems a tad weak.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
reply to post by Pathos

The economy will rebound, healthcare reform will pass, Iraq and Afghanistan will wind down, and he'll get a second term, and by the time he's done, I think he'll have gotten about 80% of what he set out to do, and ran on, completed, including a comprehensive energy policy, and just maybe a peace deal in Israel-Palestine.

Yes He has a very great energy policy and I am impressed. Thousands of people in the energy sector were laid off the day He was elected. Hell I had no work for 3.5 months after He was elected and I had to work 3 months strait for 18 hours a day just to recoup....

He came in to the gulf of mexico and said no more construction meaning thousands or people were laid off. The worst part is those people loosing their jobs had nothing to do with the economy since the gulf supplies 25% of our nations energy needs and You people are still driving.... So because of this dipshiat the economy of the gulf coast is going to go to crap. Hell in 3 years I'll probably have to go work in Africa just to keep food on my childs table.

His energy taxes are going to be a really good energy policy. The american people are going to be taxed more and more and won't be able to afford solar or wind. So please tell me what this good energy policy is??

I mean seriously wouldn't it make more sense to get rid of the income tax and then institute a sales tax? The items that You want people to buy such as solar and wind You could charge 0% sales taxes?

Now which makes more sense? The way I look at it the cap and trade has nothing to do with saving the environment but everything to do with taxing.. I sure hope those yankee's enjoy this winter because the only change they are going to see is sitting in the cold because their electricity bill is too high.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

And you were saying? Your grasp on reality seems a tad weak.

No yours is.

Obama was groomed, supported and elected BECAUSE he is black. Liberals and blacks are expected to be diverted by him while the multinational corporations bankrupt the USA so the World Bank/IMF can move in and dictate how the USA will be run.

Structural Adjustment Policies are economic policies which countries must follow in order to qualify for new World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF) loans and help them make debt repayments on the older debts owed to commercial banks, governments and the World Bank.

Although SAPs are designed for individual countries but have common guiding principles and features which include export-led growth; privatisation and liberalisation; and the efficiency of the free market. SAPs generally require countries to devalue their currencies against the dollar; lift import and export restrictions; balance their budgets and not overspend; and remove price controls and state subsidies....

Balancing national budgets can be done by raising taxes, which the IMF frowns upon, or by cutting government spending, which it definitely recommends. As a result, SAPs often result in deep cuts in programmes like education, health and social care, and the removal of subsidies designed to control the price of basics such as food and milk. So SAPs hurt the poor most, because they depend heavily on these services and subsidies. Source

13% of the population will be retirees and that will soon increase to 20% because of the Baby Boomers The census shows 22,543 thousand government employees out of 133,662 thousand workers

Total population...................304,059,724
Work force .............................133,662,000
government..............................22,543,000
net work force.......................111,119,000 (those not working for the government)

13% of total population........39,528,000 (retirees)
government..............................22,543,000
Total...........................................62,071,000 the number whose "salaries" are paid for by net

Population not counted.....130,869,724 dependents, welfare et al

At the present time two working people support two "dependents" and pay the "salary" for at least one other person. We will soon have a shift of more people "recieving" government dollars while less are available to earn them, as Baby Boomers retire. On top of this Congress has bills for a new food bureaucracy, Cap and Trade and Health Care. This does not include the doubling of the money supply, the bank and auto bail outs and the fact that the other nations have cut credit to the USA (bond auctions flopped)

In other words social programs are fine and dandy, however we have a smaller manufacturing base than we did in 1970 and a work force shrinking, so tell me where is the money coming from to pay for them???

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
His life has been a career of bamboozling and running for office. Nothing more. I don't see an end to that ever happening. Unfortunately.

You can say that about almost every other president.

About "nothing more"... Obama for all his faults (real or perceived) is trying to change this country for the better. Maybe he will fail in that, but maybe he will succeed. Pickings are slim - the GOP with their status quo approach to just about everything are far worse choice, so I root for Obama.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join