It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Obama's Career Be Over?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CBS01

Can we even imagine what the country will be like in 3 1/2 years? Who will be able to fix the mess we're in and will be in? Will we see another presidential election? Will Obama survive? Will I, for that mater?

?????

The questions out weigh the answers.

Ron Paul could be part of the solution, but he dosen't have it all right, IMO.
I wish he'd run as an American & not a Republican. We need to get rid of both parties.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It really isn't a question of Obama's career coming to an end, but rather U.S. Americans are awakening and finding the current governmental system so corrupt and antithetical to the beliefs and values of most citizens that they are growing restive and enormously angry. Obama and Bush were used by the same Toxic Elite that looks forward to a golden era where they are revered as gods by their slaves and the likes of you and me and our families are all dead.

As people wake up, more and more will want to unseat this Elite and distribute their wealth and possessions among 'the people'. Importantly, this is not a development according to accepted Marxist principle of class struggle. This is far more basic, primal awakening, arousing within the people slated for elimination the willingness to take out the Elite and preserve the lives of their families.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

People thought Bush's career was gonna ride on education reform.

um, look how that turned out. LOL Does anyone even remember that he ran on education reform?

All I hear is some daydreaming out loud.

3.5 years to go. ANYTHING can happen, good bad or ugly.

And really, by constantly postulating that polls and down and Obama's career is over, just shows people that you are still biting your nails wondering if it is going to be the end of the conservative party or not.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Thank God for someone, clear of thought. Most here seem to be worshiping at the feet of their savior and master, the Great Obamaman.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
um, look how that turned out. LOL Does anyone even remember that he ran on education reform?

I do, vaguely. Oh the irony of that. I think he should have started on reforming is own education, before anybody else's, lol. How could anybody not dream of a world where our children are as eloquent and well spoken as GWB?

I guess it's also kinda ironic that Obama ran on healthcare, and supports employers discriminating against smokers, yet he himself is a smoker (even if he hides it now).

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Read this, OP, and remember it well:

Obama is the cover page for a report he did not author.

just because he gets out of office, the way things are, and the events he placed in action will not stop.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I think Obama is going to stay in the office for a looooooong time!

Isnt that what the Executive Directive 51 is all about?
In this directive, Bush declares that in the event of a “Catastrophic Emergency”, the President will be entrusted with leading the activities to ensure constitutional government. The language in this directive would in effect make the President a dictator in the case of such an emergency.
www.globalresearch.ca...

So, incase of an "emergency" Obama takes control and even without the oversight of Congress! And he can stay there as long as he likes, probably...
en.wikipedia.org...

And also, they are probably going to have the cybersecurity act of 2009 ready, which makes the president able to shut down or limit Internet - incase of an emergency....

Lots of emergencies here..

Guess we soon are going to have 1, or 2..

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
hey 27ID. show me how she is an idiot with facts? can you? actually the EYE SEE does see... Palin, though not polished has done more good than 10 BOs and has more experience actually leading than 100 Husseins, who just has experience sitting around in the senate voting and speed reading teleprompters.

you are clearly a 'kool-aid' drinker

The last 45 of my 66 years Ive spent in a commercial fishing town in Alaska. I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics well until this last year. Heres the breaking point: Neither side of the Palin controversy gets Its not about persona, style, rhetoric, its about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention the things that Im about to mention here.

1- Democrats forget when Palin was the Darling of the Democrats, because as soon as Palin took the Governors office away from a fellow Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republicans Corrupt Bastards Club (CBC) and sent them packing. Many of them are now residing in State housing and wearing orange jump suits. The Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti and singing la la la la (well, you know how they are). Name another governor in this country that has ever done anything similar. But while youre thinking, Ill continue.

2- Now with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaskan politicians to protect the huge, giant oil companies here. So, she constructed and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called ACES. Exxon (the biggest corporation in the world) protested and Sarah told them dont let the door hit you in the stern on your way out. They stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course the other huge international oil companies meekly fell in line. Again, give me the name of any other governor in the country that has done anything similar.

3- The other thing she did when she walked into the governors office is she got the list of State requests for federal funding for projects, known as pork. She went through the list, took 85% of them and placed them in the when-hell-freezes-over stack. She let locals know that if we need something built, well pay for it ourselves. Maybe she figured she could use the money she got from selling the previous governors jet because it was extravagant. Maybe she could use the money she saved by dismissing the governors cook (remarking that she could cook for her own family), giving back the State vehicle issued to her, maintaining that she already had a car, and dismissing her State provided security force (never mentioning I imagine that shes packing heat herself). Im still waiting to hear the names of those other governors.

4- Now, even with her much-ridiculed gosh and golly mannerism, she also managed to put together a totally new approach to getting a natural gas pipeline built which will be the biggest private construction project in the history of North America. No one else could do it although they tried. If that doesnt impress you, then youre trying too hard to be unimpressed while watching her do things like this while baking up a batch of brownies with her other hand.
5- For 30 years, Exxon held a lease to do exploratory drilling at a place called Point Thompson. They made excuses the entire time why they couldnt start drilling. In truth they were holding it like an investment. No governor for 30 years could make them get started. This summer, she told them she was revoking their lease and kicking them out. They protested and threatened court action. She shrugged and reminded them that she knew the way to the court house. Alaska won again.

6- President Obama wants the nation to be on 25% renewable resources for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan for Alaska to be at 50% renewables by 2025. We are already at 25%. I can give you more specifics about things done, as opposed to style and persona . Everybody wants to be cool...

[edit on 20-8-2009 by insideNSA]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
6- President Obama wants the nation to be on 25% renewable resources for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan for Alaska to be at 50% renewables by 2025. We are already at 25%. I can give you more specifics about things done, as opposed to style and persona . Everybody wants to be cool, sound cool, look cool. But that’s just a cover-up. Im still waiting to hear from liberals the names of other governors who can match what mine has done in two and a half years. I wont be holding my breath.

By the way, she was content to to return to AK after the national election and go to work, but the haters wouldnt let her. Now these adolescent screechers are obviously not scuba divers. And no one ever told them what happens when you continually jab and pester a barracuda. Without warning, it will spin around and tear your face off. Shoulda known better.

So 27ID, go enjoy more of your BO flavored kool-aid

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by EYE SEE
So they have portrayed her as an idiot. She is not. Read. Think for yourself - don't swallow the damned kool-aid.

ENOUGH of the kool-aid cliche, please!

Anyway, she IS an idiot, they don't need to portray her as anything, she does a spectacular job of being an idiot all by herself. I've seriously never seen such a blatant idiot in office, anywhere. I know most of our government is crooked and greedy, but she's a complete moron on top of that.

She is genuine.

Yes, she is. A genuine idiot.

On topic, it does seem like Obama has bitten off more than he can chew. That was obvious in the 1st hundred days, should be interesting to watch it all play out.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

He's doing just fine ....by the Illuminati, and this is just play acting, each has a role, and in the end, this frontman is doing an excellent job in continuity to destroy this nation which Bush started, perhaps even Clinton

Very definitely Clinton. Clinton was hand and glove with Cargill (Dan Amstuz) and Monsanto (Robert Shapiro, Mike Kantor, Mike Taylor) in destroying the world farmers.
Check out

www.globalresearch.ca...

yupfarming.blogspot.com...

And the congressional record on Dan Amstruz "freedom to fail Act"
www.gpo.gov...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CBS01

I stated we needed to have, for the lack of a better term, a "2-year vote of confidence" or something to that effect for Presidents.

We do it is the 2010 elections. If the democrats continue to have house Majority it is a "vote of confidence" if they loose the majority it is a no confidence vote and ties Congress in knots., just the way I want it.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by insideNSA
hey 27ID. show me how she is an idiot with facts? can you?

First off, it's 27jd. Second, you can drop your "100 Husseins" BS, i'm not an Obama fan so it has no effect on me whatsoever.

Here are the facts you want, proving she's an idiot...

1. "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008 (Watch video clip)

2. "I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out." --Sarah Palin, referring to a department that does not exist while attempting to explain why as president she wouldn't be subjected to the same ethics investigations that compelled her to resign as governor of Alaska, ABC News interview, July 7, 2009

3. "We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. ... We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation." --Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in Greensoboro, N.C., Oct. 16, 2008

4. "Ohh, good, thank you, yes." --Sarah Palin, after a notorious Canadian prank caller complimented her on the documentary about her life, Hustler's "Nailin Paylin," Nov. 1, 2008 (Read more about the prank call, watch the video and see the transcript)

5. "Well, let's see. There's ― of course in the great history of America there have been rulings that there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American, and there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but ―" --Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

6. "All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

7. "They are also building schools for the Afghan children so that there is hope and opportunity in our neighboring country of Afghanistan." --Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in San Francisco, Oct. 5, 2008

8. "[T]hey're in charge of the U.S. Senate so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better for Brandon and his family and his classroom." --Sarah Palin, getting the vice president's constitutional role wrong after being asked by a third grader what the vice president does, interview with NBC affiliate KUSA in Colorado, Oct. 21, 2008 (Watch video clip)

9. "I told the Congress, 'Thanks, but no thanks,' on that Bridge to Nowhere." –Sarah Palin, who was for the Bridge to Nowhere before she was against it

10. "I'm the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can't.'" --Sarah Palin, as quoted by former City Council Member Nick Carney, after he raised objections about the $50,000 she spent renovating the mayor's office without approval of the city council
politicalhumor.about.com...

If you mean independent 'kool-aid', the kind that causes you to see both parties (BO included) as the dens of thieves and liars that they are, you may be right. Too bad people who are unable to truly think for themselves don't drink the 'original kool-aid', and save us all alot of frustration.

The last 45 of my 66 years Ive spent in a commercial fishing town in Alaska.

Well, that explains why you like her so much. You're old, and you live in Alaska. Enough said. Humans aren't supposed to live in that kind of cold, and i think it affects your brain negatively, so does the lack of day and night i imagine. So, up there Palin may be a genius. Here, she's an idiot.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by milesp

A more accurate term for 'shadow government' and 'NWO' would simply be 'Multinational Corporations'. If that's what you're referring to, I agree.

Very definitely, but do not forget the financiers. Take a look at Monsanto (food control) and General Electric ("green energy") The share VOTERS are mutual funds et al

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised.

I always thought to myself, that this could go really bad.

A president campaigning should never play too much off of a, "I know how you feel'', or "I am just like you" ''I empathize".

Because they don't they have no idea.

When people see that, it feels like a since of betrayal. Which, wouldn't go over to well.

Watch this video with discretion, this is what happens when someone feels betrayed.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
How about Sarah Palin/Michele Bachmann for 2012...

The American Party...

And Ron Paul for Treasurer...with Peter Schiff as an Monetary Adviser...

No need for a Federal Reserve Chairman cause they would give it the '86...

Plus...he's known as a rambler, so, let him run Monetary policy in peace and we get 2 fairly nice looking Constitutional women to "Run the Household"..

Michele Bachmann: I Want People "Armed And Dangerous" Over Obama Tax Plan
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Bachmann Boasts About Breaking The Law: I’m Refusing To Fill Out The Census
thinkprogress.org...

Bachmann: "Do We Want To Be Free, Or Do We Want To Be Slaves?"
tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com...

(...Awaiting major Flames...)

[edit on 8/20/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

1st biden/bo make tons of grammatical/logical mistakes. but look at the substance and policy... palin has them beat in spades for actual good done for the common man. i could quote. or my fellow ATSers a million screwups mr teleprompter and biden have blessed us with, but its not worth the effort.

2nd i'm not from alaska, LOL... that was the testimony of one of her constituents. obviously he is pleased with her performance taking on the big oil corporations/ special interest for teh good of the common folk. has obama done that? he can't even get his aunt out of the slums.... do u think he cares about you? LOL LOL LOL

3rd... i'm an independent... like you unfortunately... u just made me lose hope for us independents... i thought we were on avg more intelligent than what u brought to the table. but obviously you lower the avg. thanks.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

3rd... i'm an independent... like you unfortunately... u just made me lose hope for us independents... i thought we were on avg more intelligent than what u brought to the table. but obviously you lower the avg. thanks.

Are you serious? You can't be. You're questioning my intelligence, because you can't even form a post correctly, and place external tags on crap you copy and paste?? Maybe take a second look at your "special needs" post, and then take a loooong look at yourself in the mirror. Is that the face of higher than "avg" intelligence? I think not.

edit: Also, i don't know why you're asking me rhetorical questions about obama and challenging me to defend him and biden, as if i had posted in their favor...i made my opinion about BOTH parties very clear, yet you seem to be in partisan attack mode. I highly doubt you are an independent, judging by your posts. Nice try though.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

2nd i'm not from alaska, LOL... that was the testimony of one of her constituents.

Since you are laughing so loudly about me thinking you are in AK, let's look at your previous post. Hmmmm, I wonder what lead me to believe that, besides having lower than "avg" intelligence, of course...

hey 27ID. show me how she is an idiot with facts? can you? actually the EYE SEE does see... Palin, though not polished has done more good than 10 BOs and has more experience actually leading than 100 Husseins, who just has experience sitting around in the senate voting and speed reading teleprompters.

The last 45 of my 66 years Ive spent in a commercial fishing town in Alaska. I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics well until this last year. Heres the breaking point: Neither side of the Palin controversy gets Its not about persona, style, rhetoric, its about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention the things that Im about to mention here.

Okay, so since you just copy and pasted something from "one of her constituents" directly into your post, without mentioning that (which is against the T & C here), can you see how one could get the impression that you are a 66 year old fisherman from AK??

No wonder you're defending Palin so fiercely, birds of a feather...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Obama will do fine if he either gets the health care bill passed or he abandons the issue if it doesn't.

If the bill passes, people will be mad, but they will move on. If it fails and he continues to beat a dead horse, he'll look like a fool.

Whichever, the issue needs to be decided and the country and the administration needs to move on.

The health care bill is kind of like the 230 mpg car.

It's a big promise with no substance, but at least it will take years to implement fully. In that time, there will be plenty of distractions for voters.

Either way, I expect the balance of Congress to shift dramatically in 2010.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

It's going to be up to the media. They made Obama, they can break him. If they find someone they like better, then it'll be that person. Palin and anyone to the right of Stalin is hated by the media, so forget them. If Obama keeps on going the way he is, and the media still like it, then it's Obama in 2012.

-sad, but true-

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join