It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Protesters = Patriots with Guns, Bush Protesters = Criminals with T-Shirts

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_XIM

Hate to tell you but bush minor did far more than Obama has even dreamed of yet and still to my knowledge not one liberal (or conservative who did not like him) brought a single gun to any of his rallies... and if someone had you know good and well they would have been squished.

The people who bring guns to political events are a lot like a bunch of drag queens flaunting it in the street.

Everyone knows that they have the right to do it but it still doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Tinman67

On another thread I point out that he was also a prop for a conservative talk radio show that was broadcasting from the rally. The blah blah blah of the show was a friend of his and asked him to bring his rifle.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

so bush minor spent more money than obama? nope

did obama reverse the war? hmmm nope.

did obama reverse the patriot act? wow.... looks like a trend

did obama launch attacks into pakistan? im just getting warmed up (he did btw)

did obama do anything at all that didnt exactly resemble bush + MORE? wow im at a loss for words. maybe you should be too....

edit: OOOO i got one... HE bought car companies and banks and gave the fed more power.... thats what it was i was forgeting... yea.. looks like he did do more...

[edit on 8/20/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yeah like an unprovoked invasion on trumped up and false charges is nothing.

Like suspending habius corpus and illegally wiretapping American citizens is nothing.

The car companies and banks went begging to the government before Obama was elected.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hello? Can we stay a little bit on topic please?
This isn't a "let's bash the presidents" thread.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
What I would like to know is where were all the people with guns when the patriot act passed? Where was the uproar? It seems like that bill passed silently and with little opposition, IIRC. Any information or links would be appreciated?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by For Truth
What I would like to know is where were all the people with guns when the patriot act passed?

Bush to Criminalize Protesters

George Bush wants to create the new criminal of "disruptor" who can be jailed for the crime of "disruptive behavior." A "little-noticed provision" in the latest version of the Patriot Act will empower Secret Service to charge protesters with a new crime of "disrupting major events including political conventions and the Olympics."

The Secret Service would also be empowered to charge persons with "breaching security" and to charge for "entering a restricted area" which is "where the President or other person protected by the Secret Service is or will be temporarily visiting." In short, be sure to stay in those wired, fenced containments or free speech zones.
Who is the "disruptor"? Bush Team history tells us the disruptor is an American citizen with the audacity to attend Bush events wearing a T-shirt that criticizes Bush; or a member of civil rights, environmental, anti-war or counter-recruiting groups who protest Bush policies; or a person who invades Bush's bubble by criticizing his policies. A disruptor is also a person who interferes in someone else's activity, such as interrupting Bush when he is speaking at a press conference or during an interview.

Let's face it. Speaking generally, a lot of firearm enthusiasts supported Bush. Why would they exercise their Second Amendment rights protesting someone they support? No, the Bush protesters don't have guns. (Speaking generally). They have t-shirts and signs.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Victoria 1
reply to post by QueenofWeird

It is funny to me how people on here comment about the USA and how we are stupid and all this other stuff. Do you people not realize that we are the leaders in this world. Have you people not forgotten that wars have been one time and time again because we helped a side in need. Do you not know that the world follows us like lost puppy dogs. Do you not know that this is the greatest country in the world and that we have invented things that are copied day in a day out from every other country? I am glad we don't have all the idiots in the world living here for sure because then we would end up with idiots in power even more often and this country would go down hill faster!

Wow! Well I never said stupid but since you mentioned it
Cool down, what I meant is about the whole gun thing. Ok? Me no liky guns, they tend to harm people, animals and plants.

But I have to wonder what it does to people who live in country numero uno. It must change the way how you think and feel. I'd rather see me self as an inhibitant of the world.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

What I would like to know is where were all the people with guns when the patriot act passed? Where was the uproar? It seems like that bill passed silently and with little opposition, IIRC. Any information or links would be appreciated?

From Gun Owners of America:

On February 7, 2003, the Washington-based Center for Public Integrity released a draft of new "anti-terrorism" legislation being crafted by the Justice Department. The broad new powers conferred on government by the Domestic Security Enhancement Act of 2003 (DSEA), labeled "CONFIDENTIAL -- NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION," are alarming.

Our analysis suggests that, rather than toughening our ability to capture and kill Osama bin Laden and his ilk, this bill would instead rely on cosmetic "solutions" which threaten the constitutional rights of Americans, without increasing our national security. In fact, this placebo will probably make our country considerably less secure. Source

From LA Times 4/2004:

Four years later, some gun owners have grown so disenchanted with President Bush that they may cast a protest vote for a third-party candidate, stay away from the polls, or even back the likely Democratic nominee, gun-control advocate John F. Kerry.
Surprisingly, the issues that have most alienated many gun groups from the Bush administration have little to do with firearms, but rather with the Patriot Act and other homeland security measures instituted after Sept. 11. Opposition to such laws has aligned gun-rights activists with unlikely partners, such as liberal Democrats and the ACLU. Source

Feel free to ignore or come back with a string of "b-b-b-b-b-b-but"'s but we were pissed off then and pissed off before then and are pissed off now. Sorry if it wasnt drilled into your head by the MSM while it was going on.

It was also under Bush that the We The People Foundation had their petition of grievances blatantly ignored by the SCOTUS. Which sparked mass outrage aimed at the fed. No MSM covered it.

From the Second Amendment Founsation 2005:

The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) today endorsed efforts by Patriots to Restore Checks and Balances – a coalition of organizations and interests that includes the ACLU, tax reformers, medical privacy proponents and gun rights activists – to have certain sections of the Patriot Act reviewed. The coalition is meeting Tuesday in Washington, D.C.

“As a civil rights organization, we are very concerned about sections of the Patriot Act that allow invasions of privacy under the guise of some investigation that may be nothing more than a legal fishing expedition,” said SAF Founder Alan M. Gottlieb. “A search conducted without the knowledge or consent of a citizen, including a so-called ‘sneak-and-peek’ search, is an anathema to the foundations of our legal system. Sections of the Patriot Act allow the use of so-called ‘delayed-notification’ search warrants that let police search homes and businesses and remove property, including firearms, before telling the owners. Source

[edit on 20-8-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thanks for the reply. It's too bad that so many people are sucked in to divisive politics so they are unable to actually think for themselves. It is also unfortunate that so many were so afraid of Bush (or were restricted from speaking) to actually voice their opposition.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
that these people are bringing firearms to presidential speeches is seen as in anyway 'okay' is idiotic.

i don't care if GOD gave us the right to bear arms, bearing them to an event held by the president is just wrong.

Well you, the right wingers' grasp on common sense has been slipping away for a while now. The guy with a semi-auto rifle at an event looks marginally less idiotic than the lady who said that healthcare reform would turn the US of A into Russia. The pronouncement that Stephen Hawking would die if he was in the care of a public health system is even more idiotic. "Death Panel" invention moreso... And the list goes on...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Quite an astute observation! Just illustrates the mastery of brainwashing in the right-wing propaganda. Nobody came with an AK-47 to a press conference about wiretapping.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by For Truth

ForTruth, I sincerely believe the Patriot Act was passed out of fear/panic.

Thanks to our damned liberal courts, you almost had to catch a man with a hot, smoking gun, with forty witnesses to get a conviction, and with these guys weaving and squirming among us, I think many felt that some special tools were needed to address the problem against these Muslim fundamentalists.

I don't think we really understood fully the total impact on our lives. Like the man who's wheel leave the road and jerks it back - and ends up shooting across the other side of the road, into a ditch.

We overcompensated.

Armed citizens are letting the powers know in a public, non-violent manner, that A) head's up gentlemen - Americans are armed and now awake, and B) there isn't a damned thing you dare do about it, and C) you need - really NEED to pull your horns in, before an angry, armed citizenry knocks them off.

Men who show up armed, in the designated areas, are NOT endangering the President. In fact, I'd hate to be a yahoo opening up on the President in the presence of these men.

They would take action before the Secret Service could begin to act. AND they would be defending themselves and others in the crowd.

In this country, with all the Presidents that have been shot, another one or two, and the practice just may qualify to become an Olympic event.

But it won't be from the peaceful crowd showing open carry.

Just like the Kennedy's, it will be an inside job.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

You say that we overcompensated, and I completely agree, but it still got renewed. Does anyone know when it will be up for renewal again, and will I be able to get a CCW before then?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

that's exactly what they want you to think. To be afraid. They control through fear, just think about that.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

so what we are saying as that we agree that there is no difference really then right?

who cares who started the war, if the other doesnt stop it.

you are sadly mistaken if you think i favor bush at all, so dont get confused.

the trouble i think you are having is admitting that obama isnt any better, or at times, worse...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

I have seen plenty of proof that Obama isn't any better than bush minor but I have yet to see any proof that he is worse.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
THERE IS NO DOUBLE STANDARD! The only double standard comes in the Presidents Themselves.

Barack and Bush are one in the same.
People are not going to let this continue anyfurther.
Bush had to lull people out of their stupor and make things so bad that we woke up.
Then they bring in mack daddy long legs, to hypnotize us, a charlatan for power.
You have to draw the line somewhere. T-shirts and then Gunz

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You know, the same thing can be spun the other way:

Recall how Bush dissenters and protesters were called patriotic, and how dissent was a patriotic stance? Recall Nancy Pelosi's remarks on dissent. All the protests of the war and against Bush (not to mention the vile names thrown at him and his Presidency) all of it was "Patriotic"!

Now its wrong because Obama is here? So dissent is no longer allowed with the "Messiah?" I'm confused.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
Recall Nancy Pelosi's remarks on dissent.

Pelosi said that "drowning out opposing views" was Un-American. She did NOT say that dissent was Un-American.

Drowning out opposing views is simply un-American.

Source

If you're making a claim that she said that about dissent, please show your source.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join