It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Protesters = Patriots with Guns, Bush Protesters = Criminals with T-Shirts

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Benevolent Heretic, good thread S&F for you!
I see all these protests and rallies as nothing more than show "bread and circuses" for the peons.It's safer to believe the myth of the two-party system than it is to come to terms with the fact that these guys can care less about you,me or anyone else..

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

This is all for show, for good TV, for divisive politics, and for ushering in the next wave of oppression.

BUSH = OBAMA = REAGAN = NIXON = CORPORATE AMERICA = NWO = MONEY = WE WERE SCREWED FROM THE START!

i agree
obama is a joke as well as all of them

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Well BUSH protesters were "UNAMERICAN TERRIST LOVERS"

as I was called...

But now spending money is a legitimate concern

Cause Freedom is on the march

oh god BH, the levels of hypocrisy and humor are like 15 deep

Like I said FOX has controlled the discourse in this country for ten years.

Limit government, BY OVER THROWING another

STOP a strong centralized government, by Imposing one on the Iraqis and Afghans

CUT spending, By spending it on bombs and no bid contracts

Protect the constitution by, RAMMIN FISA down and initiating three tier justice

Anyhow I am talking about what was championed by many of the SAME ATS members who refute similar implications now

AH, it just gets better every week

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Yeah right, change hahaha
don't expect it because he is black or he is a better liar than bush. Do more research, it is worth your time if you are interested. if not, if you just want people to love your new leader of change then go for it. Bush was a leader of change too and many still claim he brought some type of wonderful change.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
How about the people that protest both parties?
Where do they fit in with the devisive premise of your thread?

So, here I am standing at the cross roads and I don't want to go left or right. Do I turn around and run, dig a hole and bury my head or stand here and wait for Scottie to beam me up. Man, this country is ****ed up!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
hmm, I think my main gripe maybe mentioned before in the thread though I didn't see it, and that is the way they were treated in the MSM. These people were victims.

The OP speaks of people being arrested for using their rights, yet when I read each story... It's a compelling novel of how this persons right to speech was violated. All covered by some sort of MSM in a positive manner.

Big contrast to the protesters of today, who are labeled terrorists, or racists by the MSM. The protesters don't get an open hand on their story in this MSM but closed fist. Condemning them them for being against the grain. Tsk tsk

Bad way to prove a point...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Yeah I have noticed that and then those on the right try to compare the two as if they were the same and they are not.

Like it or not just because someone is a right wing conservative doesn't automatically make their behavior patriotic anymore than being a left wing liberal makes their behavior unpatriotic...

It is one of the more idiotic analogies to come from the right in years yet they love it.

I said on another thread that a society that thinks it needs to be armed to the teeth all the time is unhealthy and at least one called me stalinist for saying that but think about it...what is more healthy...

A society that is armed to the teeth and paranoid about everyone and everything

Or a society that is secure and comfortable enough about its place in the world that they don't feel the need to be so heavily armed?

I give you Canada...New Zeeland...Iceland...Norway and Sweden...Japan etc.

Whereas the United States has become a muddled armed paranoid mess.

I agree! I would never want to live in a country where people can have weapons on them, either consealed or not. The only way to cope would to have like 10 on me
Just to be sure. And one with silver bullets

With regard to the armed protesters, I watched the Daily Show a few days ago and the interviewed the guy (I think it was the one with the rifle). Hilarious, but in a bad way. They guy was totally indignant when asked if the rifle was loaded. The USA, what a crazy country. Yeah yeah I know don't judge the whole by a few nuts. A few though?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I was looking forward to seeing something about this here on ATS.. Its why I logged in this evening..

Yeah I remember back when a couple was arrested for wearing Tshirts that was Anti Bush.. ARRESTED!!

And now we have many people showing up with Fully loaded weapons!

I'm going to take some time to go through and read this thread in full.. But before I did so I just wanted to get this out really quick..

Something tells me this is a bit deeper than what we are seeing from the outside.
When you have double standards that are so clearly harsh.. something deeper is going on that most of the masses just are not getting the insider knowledge about..

I think there is something much much deeper into this whole story.. And I'm sure those of us here on ATS have done a good job on cutting through the propaganda..
Now its no propaganda that guns where brought..

Yet I just have an issue with the double standards.. And when just a BIG gap is put into place, there is a damn good reason.
As its going to serve someones agenda clearly..
Whos agenda is that.. Or what group is allowing this to happen.. Thats what I am going to set out to find out..

Thanks for the thread.. I look forward reading the whole thing!

more later.
Zy5

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

you watched an interview by The Daily Show?.... your more ignorant than you know.

These kind of posts don't deserve responses honestly.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by rightuos

you watched an interview by The Daily Show?.... your more ignorant than you know.

So because the Daily show pointed this out its not worth discussing? I think its quite valid.
If these gun owners are so worried about a totalitarian state and fighting for freedom and the rights of the constitution, where were they when the patriot act was being passed? Where were they when we found out that our conversations were being recorded?

I dont think its appropriate to take a firearm to a peaceful public event for any issue, but i do wonder where these constitutional "patriots" have been for the last 10 years.

They are coming to protest a govt health care system? Seriously?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rightuos

Ah man JON RULES
Best show on CNN. And might I add they dare to say just about anything which I think is amazing considering the HAIL USA sentiment I feel is part and parcel of the American mass media.

JON......YO GO BOY hahahaha

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Wow, another thread about the division between the ranks that pretends to be relevant while adding something new.

Second line goes here.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Quick reply before I'm off to work.

Just thought I'ld throw this out there in case no one else has mentioned it. The guy with the AR-15 at the AZ thing that the media has been going on about. Well, they haven't mentioned it, but has anyone mentioned it here? He's a
black guy.

The MSM forgot to mention this, so does that say anything about their motives?

www.azcentral.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
You are comparing apples and oranges.... First off, the lady in Maine went past the gate just to test the cops and then she got in trouble. If she had stayed behind the gate then that wouldn't have happened. What the other articles fail to mention, which I have read elsewhere is that these people were being disruptive. For some reason these articles fail to mention that.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

It is funny to me how people on here comment about the USA and how we are stupid and all this other stuff. Do you people not realize that we are the leaders in this world. Have you people not forgotten that wars have been one time and time again because we helped a side in need. Do you not know that the world follows us like lost puppy dogs. Do you not know that this is the greatest country in the world and that we have invented things that are copied day in a day out from every other country? I am glad we don't have all the idiots in the world living here for sure because then we would end up with idiots in power even more often and this country would go down hill faster!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rightuos

I disagree. Fighting ignorance is futile, but you have to do it, if only to make yourself feel better.

You are of course aware how political satire came into being? Because if you add "just kidding" you could say things that would have gotten you imprisoned or killed. If flourished after we stopped the killing and imprioning for thoughts because making fun of something is terribly effective.

If political satire didn't exist we would still be toiling for kings and emperors.

Besides that: did you see it?
www.thedailyshow.com...
It's a good analysis by analogy. Though the episode from 19th covers the whole hypocrisy angle a whole lot better!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

I have to agree with this.

Even if those guns are brought to a Presidential event IN PEACE they are still there and will be distracting the Secret Service who will need to keep an eye on them.

This can then lead for a backdoor assassin to sneak in unnoticed and get closer to the President than he would have if the Secret Service didn't have 100 idiots with pistols to watch.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SideWynder
I missed this one I thought the guy had a "pistol" IE a hand gun in a STATE that allowed hand guns and other firearms to be LEGALLY carried openly in full view of everyone...

There are many stories about the Arizona Rally where a dozen or so people showed up with guns. Legally. Two of the men carried AR15s. (I tried to find a neutral, non-sensational story, but it's hard) Source

Even if this was true, if it is LEGAL so what????

Agreed. The point of the OP wasn't that there was anything wrong with it, it's that they weren't arrested and that's a GOOD thing.
Second Amendment!

I can also write and speak my mind and post my opinions online and in public!!!!!!

And that continues on with the point of the OP... That people who spoke their minds at Bush rallies WERE arrested. First Amendment!

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Many with the anti-Bush shirts were raving maniacs, typically young college aged adults who simply do not respect authority,

Do you have a source for this information? Did you read the links in the first post? From the first one:

"We weren't doing anything wrong," said Jeff Rank. The couple, who said they had tickets just like everybody else, said they simply stood around the Capitol steps with the rest of the spectators.

"We sang the national anthem," Rank said.

The Ranks hardly fit the image of rabble-rousers. Jeff Rank, 29, has a master's degree in oceanography. Nicole Rank, 30, has degrees in biological science and marine biology. They have been married for seven years.

Hardly raving maniacs

Assault Rifles

Okay... Where's the "use the proper term for the rifles" brigade??? jd140? Ragnar Danneskjold? Aren't you going to come in here and chew this guy out? I didn't think so.

Originally posted by zysin5
Something tells me this is a bit deeper than what we are seeing from the outside.
When you have double standards that are so clearly harsh.. something deeper is going on that most of the masses just are not getting the insider knowledge about..

I agree 100%! I've even said as much in an earlier post. This is why I want to explore it. And I believe this is why there was so much resistance to this thread.

Was this "set up" or organized? If so, by whom? Because I don't think this display did firearms enthusiasts any good. It proved a point, but the media is making these people look like "crazies" from the outback of Arizona.

Could it be that someone in the Democratic party encouraged these people to bring their guns to SHOW that Obama wouldn't have them arrested? Or is this really just what it looks like? The Secret Service under the Obama administration doesn't arrest people unless they break the law... ?

Yet I just have an issue with the double standards.. And when just a BIG gap is put into place, there is a damn good reason.
As its going to serve someones agenda clearly..

In my mind, it serves Obama. It's a huge break from the Bush days, which I am thankful for. But to take it at face value might be a mistake.

CNN reports that the interview with one of the AR15 carriers was staged.

The interview, done by Libertarian radio talk show host Ernest Hancock, was staged.

"Absolutely," Hancock told CNN's Rick Sanchez Tuesday. "You guys are so easy. What we wanted to do was make sure that people around the country knew that law enforcement in Phoenix, Arizona, protects our rights."

The Phoenix-based host of "Declare Your Independence with Ernest Hancock" identified the bespectacled man with the AR-15 semi-automatic assault rifle as "Chris," saying he's known him for two years as part of a younger generation of Libertarians.

So, it sounds like they hoped it would have a positive effect for firearms. Did it backfire?

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
I dont think its appropriate to take a firearm to a peaceful public event for any issue, but i do wonder where these constitutional "patriots" have been for the last 10 years.

They are coming to protest a govt health care system? Seriously?

That's another great point, not about the hypocrisy of the different administrations (sorry Professor), but the hypocrisy of their supporters! Where were they? Where are all the people who wanted Cindy Sheehan strung up for wearing a shirt, while making excuses for the Patriot Act???

Originally posted by Tinman67
He's a black guy.

The MSM forgot to mention this, so does that say anything about their motives?

I actually learned that fact on MSM. Just because you missed it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. And maybe they didn't mention it because it's irrelevant. What the hell does his race have to do with anything?

www.usatoday.com...

Originally posted by debunky
Though the episode from 19th covers the whole hypocrisy angle a whole lot better!

I missed this last night. Thanks for mentioning it. The hypocrisy isn't just in the government... TDS Aug 19

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
this is true.

but hey thats why everyone wants to put bush in jail right?

for some reason, people were on the verge of getting it during bush. a lot of people woke up. it seems as obama comes in and continues bush's policies at an accelerated rate, more and more people have woken up.

the last thing we need now, is to be derailed, once again, by those that just want to "get the otherside back now" for being treated in a certain way. i can understand it, but it doesnt help.

havent you people on the left side seen for a fact that he is lying about everything ????? and why not?

we are still in a war, we still have patriot act, we are WAY more broke, bush isnt paying for war crimes (no one is actually), guantanamo is still open for biz, and he is trying to socialize us so that everyone is equal.

when will you see that youve been lied to? when will you get mad finally?

we are all americans here, and you cant blame a bunch of people who didnt even know most of this was happening. i know i can walk around the streets and ask someone if they knew people were being arrested for wearing a tshirt, and they would say no they did not know.

but now everyone is watching, and theres a huge difference.

its not because he is half-black that people are watching. hes half-white too.

i think you know that you are being lied to....

i am scared some redneck is going to bite off more than he can chew, and sentiments need to come back a tad before we really have a police state enacted. it will be hell after that happens.

peace everyone, and be smart, and take care of your fellow american, regardless if he likes guys, or if he likes guns.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join