Here are the Benefits of Hemp.
Hemp Hearts in comparison with other foods:
*Contains more required amino acids (proteins) than milk, meat or eggs.
* Is a complete protein rich source, much more balanced and digestible than Soy products.
* Contains about 47% oil, 78% of which is omega 3 and 6 , the essential fats.
* Has all the essential or omega fats required for human health.
* Contains several times more omega 3 essential fat than any fish.
* Provides more energy than energy bars, without their sugar and with much less saturated fat.
* They are suitable for those unable to eat gluten, sugar, nuts, and meat.
* Excellent for those troubled with constipation.
* Perfect for those avoiding carbohydrates.
Here are some of the major environmental benefits of growing hemp:
* Fast and robust growth: Hemp grows extremely fast and can be grown in any climate, in any agronomic system
* No herbicides/pesticides required: Hemp can be grown with no (or little) herbicides, fungicides, pesticides, or other biocides.
* Suppresses weeds: Hemp is a natural weed suppressor due to the fast growth of the canopy. Actually, hemp is a weed. Because it grows so fast and
densely, it blocks out sunlight to other weeds that are trying to grow.
* Improves soil structure: Due to it’s long roots, hemp replenishes soil with nutrients and nitrogen and helps control erosion of topsoil. Also,
once harvested, any residue can act as an eco-friendly manure.
* Hemp produces lots of oxygen: Hemp produces the same amount of oxygen while it’s growing that it would use in carbon dioxide if burned as a
fuel. Also, due to it’s leaf/root ratio (this can often be 10% roots vs 30% leaves), hemp can produce between 20% - 40% more oxygen than will be
* Cleans up pollution: Hemp can actually clean up toxins from the ground. This process is called phytoremediation. A good example of this is when
hemp was used to help clean up the Chernobyl nuclear disaster site to remove radioactive elements from the ground.
Please visit the link provided for the complete story.