It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Hemp Save The Planet?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Well, it should be clear that any politician that is not following the best interest of his constituents, is following the best interests of those that bribe him/her.

So, a good strategy would be to find the companies that are "Lobbying" our representatives, and boycott them into starvation.

-Edrick

link   
reply to post by Dramey

Everyone is partly to blame, since we partake in what corporations make, we buy their goods, we work for them directly.

So calling certain groups names, is what our egos do to protect themselves.

Look at yourself first before you make judgment on the masses and ask am I somehow part of the problem?

Unless you live in rural USA and call yourself Amish, then I would wager you are part of the system you hate so much.

Me, I am guilty as charged. Part of the system.

If people really wanted change then it would happen on a massive scale, but most are comfortable with their surroundings.

I do believe we can make small differences as long as people take enough time, out of their busy schedules to really act, instead of just talking.

Now back on topic, Hemp is a great start.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Realtruth]

link   
reply to post by Edrick

Yes, but as I said, how far is a person willing to go?

Me, a have-not, has LITERALLY NOTHING.
I undertand this, but I am happy.

As you said, the sun still shines.
However, it may not if I try and change this for my future generations.

I am waging a bet.
I am betting that through my bloodshed, my grandchildren will live in utopia.

In reality, I think this is our lot.
I think people can't be bothered enough to improve their circumstance to the point of me making it worth my while.

Sure, they may be able to for a while, but not for the long-run. I think this is just how it is.
Might as well shoot for the stars!

Or don't!

Either way, it is just a game.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
haha similar to what i said, we think alike

yes we do need to boycott them, boycott the hell out of them until they are forced to listen to us regular folks.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
well to respond to real truth, ive gotta admit, im doing my part.

ive never owned a car, and i bike or walk everywhere.

i only buy from local farmers markets for groceries, i boycott walmart and grocery stores, and i dont buy things unless they are from mom and pop shops or individual companies.

i only use skincare/makeup/hair products that i made myself from natural products

i dont go to doctors ... havent in ages and my health is 100 percent great. i dont use medicines, only natural cures.

i think im doing enough on my part to make a change

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Sorry OP, but I am a bit ticked that mine was removed and yours stays. There is no free speech in America and especially not on ATS.

You apparently lack some key ability to discern the difference between this thread, and your thread specifically discussing personal drug use.

The rules call for an instant ban in such a case... perhaps it's fortunate you were not.

This thread is straddling a difficult line as many posts have been removed, and two members banned for injecting advocacy for personal drug use. Please be aware that we see too many more, the thread may have to go.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

Your makeup looks fantastic if you made that stuff yourself.
You should make it for others and sell it.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
hemp is NOT illegal in most of the world - so the question has to be put - iff its so dammed good why isnt it in ubiquitous use ?

i can buy hemp seed in the UK - source

i can find no restriction on its cultivation in any EA [ environment agency ] , or DEFRA [ department of the environment , food and rural affairs ]

indeed - EU crop grants are avauiliable to hemp cultivators

hemp cloth is on the UK market

hemp products are marketed as ` super foods `

et etc etc

so stop telling us that the US hemp ban is some magic block on a product that claim,s to cure EVERY ONE of the worlds needs

because - as demonstrated above - hemp is cultivated and freely availiable here - so if its so damed good - why isnt everything in the UK made from it ???????????????????

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
as the site owner said, i would love to not have this go off topic into anything other than the topic at hand.

this is only to bring awareness and facts and hear how people view the subject matter.

i think all the feedback has been great

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Edrick

Yes, but as I said, how far is a person willing to go?

Me, a have-not, has LITERALLY NOTHING.
I undertand this, but I am happy.

As you said, the sun still shines.
However, it may not if I try and change this for my future generations.

I am waging a bet.
I am betting that through my bloodshed, my grandchildren will live in utopia.

In reality, I think this is our lot.
I think people can't be bothered enough to improve their circumstance to the point of me making it worth my while.

Sure, they may be able to for a while, but not for the long-run. I think this is just how it is.
Might as well shoot for the stars!

Or don't!

Either way, it is just a game.

No, it's not a game... this is a war.

Money is not the object of conquest... as money is merely an abstraction of one thing.

Your time here on earth.

The desicion you have to make for yourself is one of survival, and it links quite nicely into the Survival mechanism of the human psyche.

These corperations are doing what they are doing for more money.

And that means that they are doing what they are doing for more access to YOUR TIME, YOUR LIFE.

and, through direct correlation, Your childrens lives, and time here on earth.

What we sacrifice through struggle, and effort, through toil at casting off the oppresive burdons of our Wage Slave Masters... is the Literal Freedom of Life for our descendants, and their future generations.

Do you think that these corporations will ever say "Yeah, we have enough money now."

No, they will not.

The logical conclusion to their quest for money and power... should be obvious by now.

But here is the thing...

We don't NEED THEM.

Hemp makes houses.
Hemp makes Food.
Hemp makes Clothing.
Hemp makes Fuel.
Hemp makes Soap.
Hemp makes Medicine.
Hemp makes Animal Feed.
Hemp reclaims Desert lands.

Everything necessary for survival, The earth provides.

These corporations provide nothing that we cannot provide ourselves (The corporations that fight against the legalization of hemp)

All of the plants that these pharmaceutical industries make their medicines from will still be here after they are gone. (Aspirin comes from the willow tree)

We don't NEED these corporations... but they have taught us from a VERY early age that they are Indispensable, inevitable, and necessary.

They are none of the above.

-Edrick

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Edrick]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by calihan_12

Your makeup looks fantastic if you made that stuff yourself.
You should make it for others and sell it.

well, i actually thought of making a natural makeup line. i used to be a makeup artist in LA and only used natural makeup which locals created.. mainly mineral makeup.

its better for you and looks more natural. its amazing the chemicals you find in some of these beauty products. some of them actually can cause liver damage and certain cancers.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
yeah, really the people who keep supporting these large corporations are people who are lazy and spoiled.

generations before us didnt have the same luxuries we have today... but they managed to live.

why cant we learn to live without them?

its not as hard as you think it is.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

My free time, my livelihood?

The only thing that would change if they weren't my "masters" is that I wouldn't spend as much time on this website.
Do you think that if I didn't have to work tomorrow and money wasn't an object that I would just go to Greece?
No, I wouldn't.

You bring the system down and you don't have a system to use.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
And a good part you are doing, but just the fact that we are on these laptops, computers, and using electric to power our lives is bad enough. All mass produced by large corporations.

Don't get me started there either. Did you know how much power is lost on our almost worthless electric grids? about 80%+ loss from the time it leaves the plant to your home.

But if everyone did as you did, we would be much better off as a nation, world, but again Ego's, greed and corruption hold us in this matrix.

But I believe a great shift in consciousness is happening right now and people like you are part of the shift.

Originally posted by calihan_12
well to respond to real truth, ive gotta admit, im doing my part.

ive never owned a car, and i bike or walk everywhere.

i only buy from local farmers markets for groceries, i boycott walmart and grocery stores, and i dont buy things unless they are from mom and pop shops or individual companies.

i only use skincare/makeup/hair products that i made myself from natural products

i dont go to doctors ... havent in ages and my health is 100 percent great. i dont use medicines, only natural cures.

i think im doing enough on my part to make a change

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

You bring the system down and you don't have a system to use.

You see? that is what I am talking about.

THEY (The corporations) Are NOT the system.

WE are the system.

Im not looking to crash the economy... I'm looking to crash wall street.

There is a very subtle difference.

-Edrick

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
realtruth,

AHA, you got me! My one weakness is the internet, as i think its a pretty brilliant creation which can give viewpoints from many different people, gives more information than we could ever find in any library or on any news channel on tv.

i dont watch tv or own cable.. the only thing that i can say is really keeping me in this century is the internet

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
i wanna thank the TC for making this thread its about time this is a major subject and TPTB are wrong about it and yes i believe that if TPTB controlled all hemp production they would make a killing in profit from all the stuff it can make

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
yeah thats what many fail to realize. yes, we would be putting the bigger corps out of business...

but think of all the jobs hemp production would create! the jobs are endless really. ENDLESS.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

You don't do that by usurping that which the "system" is built on.

You say that hemp can save the planet. Therefore, the lack of it DRIVES the planet.
If you take that fuel away (just like zero-point energy) you competely shatter the entire structure at the foundation.

Doesn't matter much anyhow, it is what it is and if you think your voice, or your vote, is actually heard, you are mistaken.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenchan`
i wanna thank the TC for making this thread its about time this is a major subject and TPTB are wrong about it and yes i believe that if TPTB controlled all hemp production they would make a killing in profit from all the stuff it can make

Are you from Oregon? Well my friend it is legal in your state to grow.

Industrial Hemp: Bill Passes Oregon Legislature, Heads for Governor's Desk

The Oregon House Monday passed SB 676 by a veto-proof margin of 46-11. The measure would allow for the production, possession, and commercialization of industrial hemp and its products. The measure passed the state Senate on June 19 an equally veto-proof 27-2 margin.

stopthedrugwar.org...
hemp plants
During the House debate, hemp supporter Rep. Jules Bailey (D-Portland) used visual aids to demonstrate the diversity of hemp products, waving around bags of hemp tortilla chips and non-dairy hemp milk. He also held up a t-shirt emblazoned with the words "Senate Bill 676 is about rope, not dope."

"I am glad that Oregon has joined the list of states that have agreed that American farmers should have the right to reintroduce industrial hemp as an agricultural crop," said bill sponsor Sen. Floyd Prozanski (D-South Lane and North Douglas Counties). "By passing SB 676 with strong bipartisan support, the Oregon legislature has taken a proactive position to allow its farmers the right to grow industrial hemp, to provide American manufacturers with domestically-grown hemp, and to profit from that effort."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join