It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Hemp Save The Planet?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'm not sure yet if anyone mentioned this, but I think possibly what everyone needs to know and think of as the biggest and most glaring reason that industrial hemp is illegal is because it's cultivation is known to heavily cross-pollinate. It would have the effect of destroying a problem with a very, very expensive solution, a solution that generates a LOT of jobs and revenue.

If it has the potential of degrading and destroying other plant life
that would completely shake things up in a big way.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by maus80]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
If you really want to get all technical ... $MONEY$ is the real drug.
"See, Doc, when I don't have the green, I get all anxious & depressed. Then, once I do finally get some green, all my anxiety goes away & I'm happier, yet I still want more! Isn't there a prescription you can give me so I won't feel this way?"
"I recommend you apply for two credit cards & call me in the morning."

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Nobody likes to mention that hemp can also kill you.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Please post your links, evidence and studies.

I am very interested in finding out about this info.

Here on ATS it's all about the facts and supporting data.

Thanks

Originally posted by maus80
I'm not sure yet if anyone mentioned this, but I think possibly what everyone needs to know and think of as the biggest and most glaring reason that industrial hemp is illegal is because it's cultivation is known to heavily cross-pollinate. It would have the effect of destroying a problem with a very, very expensive solution, a solution that generates a LOT of jobs and revenue.

If it has the potential of degrading and destroying other plant life
that would completely shake things up in a big way.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by maus80]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
If the US don't want to grow hemp why doesn't the rest of the world not grow it instead. Since its suppose to be so good in almost everything even the third world countries should grow it for their use. That should make the tree industry very mad but hay who cares. This was more trees would be saved and the world would breath better for it.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Cotton Industry was responsible for the decline of hemp, was more easily controlled -

cheers,

link   
reply to post by Chovy

What I meant to say was that your point is moot since liquor has caused more deaths than cannabis ever will, but liquor of all kinds, except for Absinthe, hasn't been all that heavily regulated.

link   
reply to post by king9072

I think the greatest tragedy of the entire bio-fuel fiasco is that we're taking food out of people mouths to produce a fuel.

But that doesn't matter Monsanto and Cargill had record breaking profits in 2008 [/sarcasm]

“In summary, we have record low grain inventories globally as we move into a new crop year. We have demand growing strongly. Which means that going forward even small crop failures are going to drive grain prices to record levels. As an investor, we continue to find these long term trends..very attractive.” Food shortfalls predicted: 2008 www.financialsense.com... 

And of course the US no longer bothers to store food in case of bad harvests thanks to the 1996 "freedom to farm act" written by Cargill VP, Dan Amstruz. When concerns were raised because all the stored grain was gone this is what the grain traders wrote to President Bush

“Recently there have been increased calls for the development of a U.S. or international grain reserve to provide priority access to food supplies for Humanitarian needs. The National Grain and Feed Association (NGFA) and the North American Export Grain Association (NAEGA) strongly advise against this concept” July 22, 2008 letter to President Bush www.naega.org...

After researching farming for a couple of years, I consider the WTO and the Agreement on Ag down right EVIL. President Clinton, Dan Amstuz, Robert Shapiro, Mike Kantor, Ann Veneman all have the blood of thousands of children who starved to death and farmers who suicided on their hands! I can not understand why anyone would support the democrats or republicans given the intentional evil done by WTO and NAFTA.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Here is a suggestion to all the newbies and people that may wander from the OP's original topic, "Hemp"

Don't.

Stay on the topic.

I have seen people get warned. banned and threads trashed.

This is by far the most interesting well managed thread in the years I have been here on this subject.

Hats off to the staff and mature posters, well maybe except for a couple.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
Nobody likes to mention that hemp can also kill you.

umm... im curious as to where you get your false information from?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
yes exactly, as the poster above me said, lets stay on topic. the newbies to the post forget that hemp is NOT a drug, in any way shape or form. it doesnt kill people, it cant be used as a drug, ETC.

marijuana has never even killed anyone for christ sake. why do you think its used for medicinal purposes in states where its legal? I challenge you to look at the videos of cancer patients whose tumors have decreased in half because of its use, but thats another subject all together.

anyways, like i said, lets stay on topic and remember what we are talking about here.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by calihan_12]

[edit on 18-8-2009 by calihan_12]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hemp is very valuable and could help our society immensely. If only, we didn't have governments in bed with corporations whom stand to lose enormous profits were hemp to be legalized.

Good thread. Excellent information provided by the topic creator.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
You guys who are neigh-saying hemp should probably look up the facts.

Like I said, Jack Herrer made it clear, if there is ANYONE who can prove him wrong about hemp, he will pay them $50,000. And NO one has been able to do that.

So im curious where you guys are getting your information about hemp being bad, when someone should have walked away with $50,000 years ago if that was the case

Hey, you might wanna contact him and maybe youll get that money. Or maybe not since its false info that the government put out there

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

From what I hear, the paper industry lobby and the alcohol industry lobby had a big part in making sure that hemp and cannabis were both outlawed. You can imagine why....eliminate the competition.

Lobbying should be illegal, if you ask my opinion.

Where I grew up, in Nebraska, hemp grew wild everywhere. They used the hemp to make ropes for ships, especially during WWII. Then, when they outlawed hemp, they threw flaming tires on the hemp fields to destroy it. Totally sad.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
i agree 100 percent. the people who keep things illegal are people who see it as a direct threat to them and their money flow.

its sick and disgusting. people are broke as hell, sick, and god knows what else is wrong with people these days, cant we be given a break?

im sure the people who founded this country would be EXTREMELY dissapointed in what weve turned it into.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Great topic OP... Star and Flag for you (Would give you 2, but cant... )

There are MANY reasons that Hemp is illegal in the USA.

And I think the primary reason is that Hemp *IS* Value.

Where money is an abstraction of value, or based on something of value... Hemp *IS* value.

Everything that human civilization needs (Minus heavy metals and metals based tech) can come from hemp.

Grow your own house.
Grow your own cloths.
Grow your own livestock feed.
Grow your own nutritious food.

Money itself would become obsolete (or at least the money control grid)

You know... people used to pay their taxes in the US with hemp.

I have read that all it takes to build a house out of HempCrete (Hemp based Concrete) is one seasons growth on like 2 acres.

The main problem, is that Hemp cultivation brings with it Independence from the corporate system.

And that would hurt the bottom line of many large corporations.

So, by legal mandate of ALL corporations (Looking out for their Shareholders Profit) these corporations HAVE to screw over as many people as they can.

Also... do some research on William Randolph Hearst, that will tell you all you need to know.

-Edrick

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Wow, COOL, a hemp thread that didn't get 404'ed! Great job OP!!

Yep. Hemp is so super-useful and valuable, that it's almost like Money. And the controllers can't really let people just grow their own Money in their backyard, can they?

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join