It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man carrying assault weapon attends Obama protest

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I would say gun deaths and ownership (not necessarily legal) are higher than average in certain neighbor"hoods" where support for Obama would be substantial!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
And why should this be an issue?

If it is legal, and there is no personal threat to POTUS, then let it be!

This is what the US is supposed to be all about; freedom of speech, the right to bear arms, representation of the people.

Yes, I agree that it does send a message that can be construed in many different ways. But it's a message that needs to be heard (and understood), and a message that falls on all-too-many deaf ears.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Arizona and Texas are the last hold-outs of true gun ownership rights, all we ask is that you leave us alone while you wreck the rest of the country.

Dont forget the GREAT state of Michigan! We are an open carry state and we have traditional gun laws.

Dont mess with Michigan!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If Obama did get assasinated and the secret service started shooting dead all the people who carried a gun.

Then it'd be these same gun nuts crying on this website at how unfair they had been treated:

Bystander: 'Oh my god, the secret service shot my friend dead just because he was carrying an automatic weapon in the same area the President was killed'

Police : 'You're an idiot'.

Bystander: 'Yeah but it's MY right to carry a gun'

Police: 'And its my right to pain myself green and call myself Mandy, but there's a time and a place'

--

I'll say it again. You MAY have the right to carry a gun around the streets, but why in the name of hell would you?

What sort of message does this set to your children? Oh wait i forget.... You like your children drugged up, obsessed with guns and xenophobic.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by smarteye
After viewing the video I posted above, I don't think it's a good idea to have weapons at these rallies. Next time the other side brings guns and the next thing you know everyone is mowing each other down.

If only congress and Senate did this then we might have a chance.

Wild Wild West - Republicans vs. Democrats at Capital Hill Shootout!

Kind of a catchy headline don't you think?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
MSNBC is typically misleading people about the facts.

MSNBC: No Mention of Black Gun-Owner Among ‘Racist’ Protesters

"A man at a pro-health care reform rally...wore a semiautomatic assault rifle on his shoulder and a pistol on his hip....there are questions about whether this has racial overtones....white people showing up with guns." Brewer failed to mention the man she described was black.

Forget the fact there is no such things as a "semi-automatic assault rifle", but they claim he is a white racist. When he is in fact black.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Oh please, could you use an arguement that is a little less absurd. If he had been assasinated the secret service would not have shot everyone that was carrying a gun.

What sort of message does this set to your children?

It sends them a message to embrace and enjoy their freedoms.

Oh wait i forget.... You like your children drugged up, obsessed with guns and xenophobic.

You may want to look within yourself for that xenophobia. You do seem to have a flair for the absurd, and you may want to do a little work on that bigotry.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I'll say it again. You MAY have the right to carry a gun around the streets, but why in the name of hell would you?

What sort of message does this set to your children? Oh wait i forget.... You like your children drugged up, obsessed with guns and xenophobic.

I'd be interested on who exactly who "you" is referring to.

Care to elaborate on your latest ad hominem insult?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Dont forget the GREAT state of Michigan! We are an open carry state and we have traditional gun laws.

Dont mess with Michigan!

Apologies to my fellow firearms enthusiasts in the North.

Maybe there are enough of us to start our own union !!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It figures he would whip out his big boy and show it off in public. It sure was impressive that long hard steel barrel. There were rumors that your average short cocked 9mm carriers were complaining. What I mean by that is "half cocked" and probably shooting blanks. Then again I like to "exercise my rights" now and again if the mood is right.

Hoping we get to see more gun action in the future at presidential events it's soooooo ballsy and exciting. Maybe a 2nd Amendment orgy with thousands showing off their stuff. Coooooool.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Hoping we get to see more gun action in the future at presidential events it's soooooo ballsy and exciting. Maybe a 2nd Amendment orgy with thousands showing off their stuff. Coooooool.

It's been done before, thousands of crazed gun owners all banded together, we called it The Revolution.

Ballsy and exciting enough for you?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Just because you have your papers and are a gun owner hardly means you are a responsible gun owner. There are a lot of irresponsible and dangerous law abiding gun owners out there. Really what message is this guy with the AR15 trying to send that a nice big poster wouldn't have sent as well? Think about it. Gun owners like him are actually kind of morons. His little AR15 is no match for an Abrams tank or a UAV with hellfire missiles. I see his point in carrying it but do you really think it's going to change the mind of or make some tyrannical politician think twice? Probably the exact opposite. If people are carrying guns to these rallies be smart about. After all the only reason I'd carry a gun in public is for self defense. And it sure as hell wouldn't be out in the open. It would be concealed and on the down low. That guy would be the first to be targeted. It sets a very scary precedent for people to start carrying firearms to all these rallies. What is a shoot out at a rally really going to solve anyways? if there's ever a civil war these yahoos with the AR15 will be the first to be killed off. If there is ever a civil war it won't be one with personal weapons and side arms. LOL. It will be won with guerrilla tactics, clandestine assinations, molotav cocktails and what not. Personal firearms are hardly a roadblock to fascism or government tyranny in this day and age. Now I wanna see the guy who shows up at a rally with a halftrack and 50 calibre machine gun! Then I CAN SEE THE DAMN POINT! But an AR15? That' just childish.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Oh brother!
The armament of the British was pretty much on par with the armament of the colonials. There wasn't a HUGE and DEADLY technological gap back then as there is today. You going to put shotguns, assault rifels, handguns, up against UAV's, Apache helicopters, F-22s, mortars, Abrams tanks?

Come on! A revolutionary war in this day and age would hardly be fought like that of the American Revolution. Hence my point that there are a lot of delusional gun owners out there. With all our guns in America Europeans who actually use rioting and and stones and flaming cocktails seem to achieve more than we do with all our "weapons". Guns won't change much. It's the will of the people that will. This guy would have done more carrying a END THE FED sticker on his forehead than an assault rifle over his shoulder. But the guy probably spends more time cleaning his gun than informing himself.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'm glad people are expressing themselves this way but, You can bet your money that someone will use this little distraction to take a head shot at Barry. If the SS is watching these guys then the real sniper will have an easier time.

I guarantee they would start freaking if I showed up with my trusty deer rifle across the way loaded with scirocco bonded shells, that is basically a sniper rifle.

All of these weapons carried in so far are not able to hurt Obama behind that BP glass. Now with the business class black man in the media many more will try it. Remember when the campaign first started and Obama had to yell for more protection, You think he is doing that now or does he really want to fulfill his anti-Christ role.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

Really what message is this guy with the AR15 trying to send that a nice big poster wouldn't have sent as well?

You're the one taking the time and trouble to type about it - how many times have you posted about a pro NRA banner at an Obama convention?

His tactic plainly worked. Now the world knows that it's legal to carry an assault style weapon in public, in Arizona.

Still want to say it wasn't effective??

Think about it. Gun owners like him are actually kind of morons. His little AR15 is no match for an Abrams tank or a UAV with hellfire missiles. I see his point in carrying it but do you really think it's going to change the mind of or make some tyrannical politician think twice?

Firstly don't debase yourself by throwing around insults, it's hardly constructive, and secondly countless regimes around the world armed with all kinds of advanced weaponry have been overthrown by people armed with a lot less than an AR15.

The Taliban seem to be giving us a hell of a time armed with little more than AK47s.

After all the only reason I'd carry a gun in public is for self defense. And it sure as hell wouldn't be out in the open. It would be concealed and on the down low.

Are you seriously suggesting that this guy carried that weapon for self defence?

He carried it to make a political point, and boy, has he ever.

What you are seeing here is the ever widening gulf between city liberals like Obama, and mainstream America. You may not like it, but it's with us and it's growing stronger.

If there's ever a civil war these yahoos with the AR15 will be the first to be killed off.

I can think of at least 6 million Jews who would disagree with you, the ones who lived the longest were the ones who fought back.

It isn't so convenient for the authorities to herd you into cattle cars when you're carrying a good 7.62mm battle rifle.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
If Obama did get assasinated and the secret service started shooting dead all the people who carried a gun.

Then it'd be these same gun nuts crying on this website at how unfair they had been treated:

Bystander: 'Oh my god, the secret service shot my friend dead just because he was carrying an automatic weapon in the same area the President was killed'

Police : 'You're an idiot'.

Bystander: 'Yeah but it's MY right to carry a gun'

Police: 'And its my right to pain myself green and call myself Mandy, but there's a time and a place'

--

[edit on 18-8-2009 by mr-lizard]

Because some of us believe in self defense, and personal responsibility. It sends the message to our children that guns are a tool to be used responsibly for self defense, and recreation. It teaches our children that WE are responsible for our actions, not the tools we use. And, hopefully, it will eventually teach them good marksmanship.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

What absolute rot.

The British had the world's largest navy, with which they bombarded shore installations and blockaded harbors cutting off supplies, not to mention the fact that they had all kinds of artillery that was frequently used to devastating effect.

Need an even more obvious example - try the Taliban, they have small arms and some explosives, with which they are kicking butt against the vast (and largely useless) technological arsenal ranged against them.

Small arms represent the single most effective means of resisting armed oppression.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Retseh]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ppskylight

What an idiot. He's lucky he wasn't shot.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by calvinraveneagle
The term assault rifle/assault weapon have nothing to do with whether or not the weapon is semi-automatic or fully automatic but means only that it is of a para military/military type weapon and not a hunting rifle; thus clarifying its militia/hunting or recreational use/design or purpose...And by the way if you are attending an event in public there are almost always armed persons present at an open air in a public place except in public buildings, churches, arenas, government buildings, courthouses etc where legal carry is limited or restricted. I believe it is somewhat symbolic that this event occurred in a town called Phoenix..the bird (of liberty and freedom arising from the ashes of apathy and complacency) Americans are waking up and showing their rights and it is about time..this would not have occurred so peacefully during the Fascist Bush/Cheney regime..not without incident anyway...I am not positive but I believe that was Mr. Jerry Johnson of the Ohio State Militia..who recently had a rather frank and refreshing discourse with some of our beloved congressman...It's on youtube..look it up..Where Mr. Johnson and company clearly state "That many Americans are getting getting fed up with much of what is taking place within the Washington D.C. beltway and that congress had better wake up and start paying better attention to what is going on with their constituency..." No truer words spoken...the time has come to speak our truth..!

Actually, assault rifle does refer to a select fire weapon capable of firing more than one shot per trigger pull.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Because the police aren't likely to try and kill the President,

How sure are you about that ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join