Man carrying assault weapon attends Obama protest

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by consciousdrum
Not to derail the thread,but in AZ you can open carry anything?...obviously the AR is allowed,what about shotties and rifles(like a barrett M107...although that would be a pain in the arse to tote around:lol
?

I would imagine that a long gun is a long gun no matter what it is. The thing you have to be careful of is open carrying *anything* in a school zone. That would be BAD.

P.S. you carrying around that Barrett all the time would get old REALLY fast.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
After viewing the video I posted above, I don't think it's a good idea to have weapons at these rallies. Next time the other side brings guns and the next thing you know everyone is mowing each other down.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by smarteye

Perhaps we should put a flower in their weapon and see what happens.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I would imagine the secret service had a cross hair on his forehead the entire time he was anywhere close. Ready to blow his head off at any moment.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by smarteye

I believe that, "we the people" should raise a stink about what these people are doing, because it's obvious, at least to me, that someone is devising something sinister to come of this.

Our best defense against it is to dissuade that sort of activity. Leave the civil war activity for exactly that and not an excuse for the govt. to further choke our freedoms.

Judging from much in this thread I'd like to remind people of the thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you.

No consequencE..

[edit on 17-8-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Originally posted by alaskan
I'd assume the police/secret service in attendance had handguns and/or rifles too. Why make a big deal out of a citizen doing it?

Because the police aren't likely to try and kill the President, where an unknown citizen might.

The way a lot of police have been acting lately, I might be inclined to say there is a higher chance of a cop taking a shot at the president than a private citizen.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
What are the Arizona gun laws in dealing with assault rifles? Having a hard time finding exactly on the topic.

You are having a hard time finding the laws because generally laws prohibit an activity, rather than allow it.

There are no laws allowing you to carry a rifle openly in Arizona; you dont need them because there are no laws prohibiting it.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm
I would imagine the secret service had a cross hair on his forehead the entire time he was anywhere close. Ready to blow his head off at any moment.

Does that comfort you?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
We have regular "open carry" dinners here in Phoenix, where everyone external carries their chosen weapon.

We don't do this to provoke a response, we do it to remind everyone that in this state it is a legal activity.

Arizona and Texas are the last hold-outs of true gun ownership rights, all we ask is that you leave us alone while you wreck the rest of the country.

Don't forget New Mexico. We can open carry here on our person, and in our vehicle. Loaded, and in the glove box, or on our person. Texas does not permit open carry.

opencarry.org...

Actually, when you look at the maps here opencarry.org... Texas fails.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The term assault rifle/assault weapon have nothing to do with whether or not the weapon is semi-automatic or fully automatic but means only that it is of a para military/military type weapon and not a hunting rifle; thus clarifying its militia/hunting or recreational use/design or purpose...And by the way if you are attending an event in public there are almost always armed persons present at an open air in a public place except in public buildings, churches, arenas, government buildings, courthouses etc where legal carry is limited or restricted. I believe it is somewhat symbolic that this event occurred in a town called Phoenix..the bird (of liberty and freedom arising from the ashes of apathy and complacency) Americans are waking up and showing their rights and it is about time..this would not have occurred so peacefully during the Fascist Bush/Cheney regime..not without incident anyway...I am not positive but I believe that was Mr. Jerry Johnson of the Ohio State Militia..who recently had a rather frank and refreshing discourse with some of our beloved congressman...It's on youtube..look it up..Where Mr. Johnson and company clearly state "That many Americans are getting getting fed up with much of what is taking place within the Washington D.C. beltway and that congress had better wake up and start paying better attention to what is going on with their constituency..." No truer words spoken...the time has come to speak our truth..!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
P.S. I am willing to speculate that folks were minding their manners at that gathering as well..thanks..May wisdom, courage, compassion, peace, and love continue to light our way..namaste'

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
Don't forget New Mexico. We can open carry here on our person, and in our vehicle. Loaded, and in the glove box, or on our person. Texas does not permit open carry.

Even up here in Oregon we have Open Carry (although in 6 Cities now you have to have a C&CP if it is in a public place...or carry unloaded).

I prefer to C&C, keeping what I'm packing my personal secret and backup plan, but my father has always carried his Rutger Super Blackhawk Revolver with 10.5" barrel in a side holster Open Carry since I can remember. He would occasionally get odd looks at the Mall, but was never harassed for it.

However, even when you have a C&CP or the laws allow Open Carry, I remember the last 3 times George W. came to our city. My work was a block from the airport and we were told 24 hours ahead not to bring any firearms to work or in our car on those days. Each time, those huge Marine Helicopters with the Chem Sniffers on the front flew slow and low overhead around the perimeter multiple times, and one year my boss accidentally left his side-arm in his glove-compartment of his BMW. Secret Service showed up, searched the car, and then questioned him at length. They made him leave the perimeter with it or face confiscation of the firearm and arrest. He was none to happy but the Secret Service seemed none to happy either...at least they gave him a choice.

So, like I said before, this is a kinder, gentler Secret Service than in years before. In the past, your Constitutional Right be harshly darned if the President was nearby, as far as the Secret Service is concerned (but then again they would do the same if you had a SLR Camera with a Telephoto Lens taking pictures of the Secret Service while dressed like them too...oh the stupid things we would do in Boy Scouts in my youth!)

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So the twist is that we gotta show guns now for the Obama health-care rallies; and now it's about the gun rights now instead of about the health care issue?!
Oh! I'm glad you straightened me out on that!

Then I encourage all civilians to take up arms so when these nuts/hidden sniper, "busts a move/cap, try to assassinate" to make us loose our rights, we can shut them down in proper defense, "before" it comes to giving the govt. an excuse to take our guns.

Yep; ATS is compromised. The health-care issue is really a guns right issue? That's because in light of what they are planning on the population they anticipate a need to take our guns people. Forget what I said. Don't understand.

Edit to repeat: I am pro civilian gun rights and against movement that can possibly lead to the govt. being excused to take these inalienable rights away.. Forget what I said. Don't understand.

Thank you.

No consequencE..

[edit on 17-8-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I love it how in the article Paul Helmke says that:

"When you bring a loaded gun, particularly a loaded assault rifle, to any political event, but particularly to one where the president is appearing, you're just making the situation dangerous for everyone."

Like it's the guns fault that things get dangerous. Naughty naughty gun

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'm just loving all of this. The more the merrier I say. I think everyone should show up with a full load out. Keep the politicians thinking a little

MBF

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I would like to see more people carrying guns. It would give the criminals a reason to think twice before they try to rob somebody. I have started to carry concealed and I have a permit. The reason is that I have a 6'9" coc aine dealer mad at me and I am not going to wait for him to do something to me to give the law a reason to arrest him.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'm glad there are still places left in this country where they still respect the constitution and our constitutional rights.

It's also nice to know that the Pheonix police have respect for people's constitutional rights.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Mark my words.

I'll tell you exactly how TPTB will put a stop to this. It's easy.

One day (few months?) they'll put a mentally (highly) unstable type in the crowd. This derelict will have been programmed through mind control to grab one of the guns off of one of these patriots and start shooting people.

The media will blame the patriot (instead of the crazy person) for bringing the gun to a public venue in the first place. Political pressure will mount, and they'll pass some sort of Patriot Act type legislation via the fast track that will ban guns in public, period. They'll cram that through and *POOF*, gone is our 2nd Amendment rights in public, FOR EVER.

You'll have to get special permits to transport weapons ANY WHERE outside of your property.

Like I said, mark my words. It's going to happen, just you watch.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
i dont think the SS had any concern over the guy openly carrying his AR, if its out in the open its pretty easy to keep an eye on him.

now were I to show up excersising my concealed carry permit and had my AK47 Pistol under my coat, i'd still be legal but i'd bet if they spotted it i would have at least been asked to show my CCP.

though if i was going to open carry anything id def have my FS2000 slung over my shoulder, heh, people would think it was a toy anyway lol.

i miss my home state of south dakota at times, gun laws there are great.

but about the full auto licenses, i could be wrong but i was under the impression that you had to get a Class3 license AND pay the tax stamp for each item...is this incorrect?

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Damocles]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Helig

There is a decommissioned missile silo outside of town. If you want to come over and help me pack I think we can top just about anyone for a little while. Unfortunately the Geology Dept. of Miami University uses one of the buildings for rock storage so it may take some time.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Ahabstar]

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join