It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you woke up and found solid, concrete evidence of aliens on earth, who would you tell first?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Daisy-Lola

Maybe you can't or don't want to expand on your employment there but I would be curious if you were a teacher/professor, in administration, research fellow, etc...... It would be great to have a trusted institution handle something like this. That is, until the board of trustees gets involved.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx
reply to post by Total Package

Catch and release.... Another honorable poster here on ATS. Once you found out all the answers to your questions, would you be able to contain the excitement of knowing? Wouldn't you want to share the info? I suppose that is what you want the "proof" for.

I would definately share... but at the end of the day that evidence will be more than enough for most people that "know" already. For the skeptics/debunkers.... nothing will be enough evidence. They'll find an explanation for everything to make you out as a fraud.

The main thing is I know.. and the people that want to will as well.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

If this happened to me - well, I'd probably tell ATS first, even though I know i'd be flamed to death for CGI/fake/hoaxer evidence

Or if the evidence was some form of documentation that was real, provable and verifiable at it's source, then perhaps Wikileaks.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000

lol, I hear ya. Even if I picked the alien up and sat him on her lap she would still try and explain it away. I might have to get it to lightly slap her in the face or pinch her butt.

I'll bet if the alien complained to her at how I don't listen very well or don't do as many chores around the house as she does she would probably then believe.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by QBSneak000]

I think I know where my wife's sister is and who she married.

My wife would think I was pulling some elaborate prank. God Bless those that don't know.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

British unis don't work the same as American ones by the sounds of it.

As for what I was working on there, I like that to remain my secret thanks

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Total Package

True, very true. If you don't want to believe, no amount of evidence will persuade you.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola

British unis don't work the same as American ones by the sounds of it.

As for what I was working on there, I like that to remain my secret thanks

Completely cool with me. I'm always interested to see where some of the knowledge/experience comes from. I respect your privacy completely.

I suppose they do operate differently. Do you not have public/private university's in the UK?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I would probably spend many paranoid hours trying to decide what to do. I suppose I might bring whatever evidence to my therapist, since he prefers to quote bible scripture instead and watch HIS reactions. A weapon or device of some type might be used in a public display without hurting anyone and would than have many winesses as well. Especially, along with video cameras and cell phones. News media probably couldn't be trusted at all either.

With remote viewing or some related psychics, it just may be that any attempts such as these would be stopped dead in their tracks.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Again, I think you are on to something. The only way to get the world to see the proof you have is to get as many sets of eyeballs on it as you can in the first shot. After that, there will be so many agencies, companies, governments, etc... looking to "relocate" you and your finding that a second showing may not happen.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

wikileaks? I've never heard of that. Don't I feel like a noob.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for the stars and flags on this topic!! ATS is a great site.

If you could get one thing from the alien whether it was advanced technology, a sixth (or in the case of some on here a 7th sense), a skill, whatever, what would it be and why?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

ooooooh, definitely the skill to be able to read minds if only to anticipate the chores my wife is wanting me to do without being asked

[edit on 14-8-2009 by QBSneak000]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm with QBSneak000 for reading minds, but only when I want, not continuous!

Influence people would be an interesting ability too

Perhaps dimensional travel is all in the mind too? (take that one how you think it!)

I'd also ask him what do they think of crop circles.

Daisy: How do you create crop circles?
Alien: Well, we take this plank and a length of rope...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx
reply to post by noonebutme

wikileaks? I've never heard of that. Don't I feel like a noob.

Naw, don't - I keep coming across stuff on this place that I'm too embarassed to admit to not knowing!

But generally, Wikileaks is a 'safe haven' (so it's interpreted as) for whistle-blowers and the publishing of otherwise confidential information that people believe is important for the public to know about.

Of course, that opinion is very subjective - but there's quite a bit of stuff on there that is VERY fascinating and quite incriminating for some large corps.

But i do hope that some day I'll check and there will be SOME sort of top secret UFO docs published that help the over all disclosure.

I check frequently.

I am frequently disappointed

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I would probably tell my cat...since its usually on my bed when I wake up. Then my dog.

Then I'd get some coffee.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

If there was a crash with bodies....

I would quickly take as much debris as I could, I would try and find some piece of alien technology inside the craft (computer, part of the engine, SOMETHING that would show ET tech beyond a doubt). Of course I would film the entire site, inside and out, and take pictures as well. Secondly if there were any bodies I would take one and quickly put that, the debris, technology, and film in my car-then proceed to go to a safe house.I would then contact certain sources like MUFON and ATS to set up some way of safely and QUICKLY making copies of everything so multiple people can have copies. THEN, I would contact CNN, MSBNC, ABC, FOX, BBC, etc, etc and request an immediate interview with a doctor present to perform an on the spot autopsy in front of multiple credible witnesses and news cameras. I do not think I would need to anything else after that, the rest would be history, and possibly me too.

But I doubt this would ever happen to me anyways, but if it did that is what I would do.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

All the right people know anyway. So I would just go to work or something. If you run around claiming to have solid evidence you could be picked up and put in a van anyway. They have all the solid evidence so you think they will let you keep any?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
So what is the proper course of action to disclosing definitive proof of extraterrestrial existence? I must admit that this might as difficult as actually finding the evidence. One must assume that the "best" or "proper" way to disclose this information would be anyone's guess due to the simple fact that no such evidence either exists or has been "properly" released by like individuals.

You might find these, or modifications, to be a helpful series of steps

1) Documentation - Attempt to document the evidence in as many ways as you can. For example, one stationary video camera filming the evidence and yourself while at the same time you film the object with a separate camera (I might add that your stationary camera might be best filming you from the shoulder's down to prevent a clear facial depiction). Additional valuable sources of information could come from audio recorders, Polaroid cameras, and digital stills. It might be beneficial to run to the local gas station and purchase several disposable cameras. You should then take as many picture with the disposables making sure to leave at least one empty exposure. Do not develop these.

2) Protection - The next step would be to ensure your safety. It might be beneficial to withdraw two week's living expenses in cash if possible from your bank accountants. Leave all electronics that emit a signal behind at your home. Travel to a location at least 50 miles from your home that is at least relatively close to a family member (25 miles or so).

3) Communication - Go to a store that sells prepaid credit cards. Go to the local library and purchase a phone number from an online source such as Skype with an exchange that is roughly 120-180 miles away. Make sure that you are using a proxy server as can be found online quite easily (tor, etc). This will NOT prevent tracking. It will simply buy you time. At the same time create an email with a mainstream email service (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc). Then create at least three spam-mail boxes that will forward to each other, ultimately forwarding to this main email (spambox.us, etc). Next create a blog and forum. These will be essential to disseminate information. Leave one of the undeveloped cameras at the local drugstore for an overnight development under the name of one of your old elementary teachers. Do not pick up film, wear a hat, and look three to five steps in front and down when you walk.

4) Relocation - At this point and time, move at least 200 miles away from your current position. It would be very important to be paying for everything with cash or prepaid credit cards. Go to the local library and use another proxy server to upload all of your data DIRECTLY to your blog. Update the blog with your internet phone number as well as you initial email (spambox, etc). Drop off another undeveloped camera at the local community college in a sealed envelop with your blog information written on the camera itself. This is to be dropped off to the science department. Finally, if you have an additional undeveloped camera at this point, drop it off in the closest mail drop addressed to anyone in the local phone book.

5) Disposal - Copy all of the original footage and pictures. Buy an insulated ice chest, zip lock bags, shovel, large tent, and sand from a local pool supply store. Go to the closet state park and camp out. Set up your tent and wait for nightfall. Cut out the bottom of the tent and beginning digging. Make sure the hole is twice the depth of the ice chest. Place all of the ORIGINAL cameras, tapes, pictures, footage, and piece of physical evidence in zip lock bags and then inside the cooler. Fill the cooler to the top with sand and then bury the cooler. Wait till morning and leave. Do not record the spot. Remember it.

6) Disclosure - Contact newspaper, television officials, local colleges. After the information, and or actual physical evidence, has been handed over, disappear

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Two Eight Seven Four]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

"Five Things You Should Keep In Mind Before Posting In The UFO Forum"

Are you aware that any person claiming to have an "encounter of the third kind" can have all of their constitutional rights suspended, thus subject to time indeterminate incarceration by federal agencies? All of their possessions apprehended? ect ect?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by jkrog08

"Five Things You Should Keep In Mind Before Posting In The UFO Forum"

Are you aware that any person claiming to have an "encounter of the third kind" can have all of their constitutional rights suspended, thus subject to time indeterminate incarceration by federal agencies? All of their possessions apprehended? ect ect?

LOL, that was not really what that thread was talking about....

But as far as your statement goes, that is an obsolete ET contact law that was made in the 60s for fear of extraterrestrial contamination. It is called The Alien Quarantine Law and was put forth by NASA in 1969 but repealed in 1991. The law, in summation:

XTRA-TERRESTRIAL EXPOSURE LAW
[...]
: On October 5, 1982, Dr. Brain [Brian?] T. Clifford of the Pentagon
: announced at a press conference ("The Star", New York, Oct. 5, 1982)
: that contact between U.S. citizens and extra-terrestrials or their
: vehicles is strictly illegal.
:
: According to a law already on the books:
:
: (Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, adopted
: on July 16, 1969, before the Apollo moon shots), anyone guilty of
: such contact automatically becomes a wanted criminal to be jailed
: for one year and fined $5,000. The NASA administrator is empowered
: to determine with or without a hearing that a person or object has
: been "extraterrestrially exposed" and impose an indeterminate
: quarantine under armed guard, which could not be broken even by
: court order.

www.geocities.com...

There have been threads before on this, here is the most recent one by zorgon: Questions on ET, SETI and NASA

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join