It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you woke up and found solid, concrete evidence of aliens on earth, who would you tell first?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I'm not sure why this thought popped into my head or how long it has been on my mind but I finally decided I had to ask the enlightened readers/posters on ATS for their thoughts.

Essentially the scenario is this (work with me on this as I am trying to provide examples): You wake up one morning and find rock solid, concrete evidence that there are aliens on earth. The evidence could be anything "tangible" that you could show someone. i.e. (You awake to find an alien asking for medical assistance or you awake to find a spaceship the size of a refrigerator in your backyard that crashed, etc...)

Whatever the tangible evidence may be, the question I have for you is this. With the concerns about the gov/military covering so much up relating to aliens, who would you tell about this evidence first? A close friend, a neighbor, family member, the MSM or would you even tell anyone at all? Expanding on that question, would you sell the evidence or make sure that it was given to science?

I appreciate everyone's time with this post as I am extremely curious what others would do.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
First, I would photograph and video the "object, using several different media (digital, film, etc) to prevent Joe Nickell from claiming your photos are fakes (nothing will stop him anyway). Then I would get someone you know and trust locally to witness the event. This should be someone respected in the community and highly resistant to pressure from any outside source. Finally, the hardest part: you must find a media outlet with a sterling reputation; that does not ordinarily do fringe science stories and has at least one reporter/editor who is skeptical of the federal government. Only then would I call the authorities. Be completely open about why you did things in this order, and don't let the other media outlets fluster you when they try to portray you as a nut or a publicity-seeker. Be prepared to be a national butt of jokes. Just remember, 70% of Americans will believe whatever they hear on the news or pronouncements from agency spokesmen.
If you want to maintain a normal life, bury the object with a backhoe and say nothing.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
no one here...THEY CANT HANDLE DISCLOSURE!!!

My family and then see whats to do.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
it would be such a life changing experience for me, but i would like to think i'd do whats best for the little guy, maybe help him get back to his ship or something. If he was like the movie "E.T." type of alien, you know just some innocent little botanist, i think i'd not tell anyone until he's safe and gone. Then i'd tell everyone

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Office 4256

Very interesting. I thought taking pictures would be good but I didn't think about the different media types. Hmm.. Good thinking. Would you feel comfortable getting a family member or friend involved in this? What news outlet would you contact (ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, FOX, BBC....?)

The backhoe part was hilarious!
But probably pretty dead-on.

link   
Do not tell the authorities, they take it from you and you get locked up..
You get pills and stuff, and after your release, you are afraid to speak of it , ever again .. D

link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

I saw a UFO and wrote G. Noory about it in 2005 in an email. It was briefly mentioned on c2c Feb. 15 of the same year.

Not absolute proof, Noory's researcher thought it might have been a prototype of the super blimp, "Moby Air".

Noory is a speed reader, I think, and actually reads a lot of his messages.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by elcapitano75

See, that was my first thought after taking the pictures. Get him/them help but WHO do I contact? I can't imagine how the 911 call would go.... I don't know any medical pro's that have an open mind to call and have them treat this alien. It would be the right thing to do but not sure if the humane thing would be the right thing.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by son of total newbie

I saw a UFO and wrote G. Noory about it in 2005 in an email. It was briefly mentioned on c2c Feb. 15 of the same year.

Not absolute proof, Noory's researcher thought it might have been a prototype of the super blimp, "Moby Air".

Noory is a speed reader, I think, and actually reads a lot of his messages.

WOW!!! I suppose you didn't get any pics or other eyewitnesses to it?? That would be amazing to see. So if you had tangible evidence, you would feel safe sending an email to him? My feal would be that since he has been associated with those kind of events, he would be marked to be monitored and shortly after you got the email out, you would be on your way out.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Well since this did happen to me I believe the first person was the Tavern Bartender.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Was that a humorus statement or did you really have physical evidence and first reported it to the tavern keep?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Well, i guess it would depend on how bad of shape he is in. Then the only person i would tell, is probably my own doctor. He is a pretty good guy i think he would help. But only if i thought it was absolutely necessary. I think if it ever happens you just have to be really careful about it, you could wind up in some underground lab somewhere for the rest of your life.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It all depends on the concrete evidence.

Alien body (alive) handcuff myself to it (don't ask why I have handcuffs, we're all grown ups here - possibly) then take it to Manchester University and get them to start the analysis.
Alien body (Dead) Chop off its right hand, bag it and hide it in a freezer (not mine though Eugh!). Cuff myself to its other arm and take the body to Manchester University (shrug and look blank when they ask where its other hand is) and get them to start the analysis.

Alien craft (fully functioning) (attempt to) steal it! I've seen Star Trek, I want to boldly go there!

Alien craft (wrecked) big trip to the patent office and then Manchester Uni

Alien Object see what it does, patent office, Uni.

All cases would include getting as much media attention as possible, possibly whilst driving to the Uni (although I may have to sedate the alien if its alive)

Why Manchester Uni? It's big, they have some excellent tech equipment, it's less than 10 miles from my home.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

They don't exist. Black projects exist. Tech exists, and huge advancements in the range of 1000 yrs advanced by our standards, but aliens, unless we've created them, don't exist. It's just a cover to keep you chasing your tail.

The tech by the way, is very very old from the last run of civilization, but by our standards much more advanced.

It's "extra terrestrial" meaning "more of the land" that is "dug up"...more of the land. No space, that is false also, we can go up nice and high, but not into space, it's all a show.

Start asking for closure, not disclosure....you don't want disclosure...promise.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by elcapitano75

For full disclosure and to prevent some sort of random, unexplained "issue" coming up that prompts a gov agency to come to my house, I do not have anything tangible.

But you are exactly right, I would want to get help but the "who" is the most important part. I wouldn't want to subject my family to the fall-out that accompanies this sort of life altering event. Would it be responsible to drop it in my neighbor's backyard?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Hmm, I would probably help the little fella with medical attention. If the crash happened far or further away then I would hide him in my house until I could get him out safely. Unfortunately he would have to put up with my wifes cooking but since she is a vegetarian, he might actually like it. Then I would go to the store and get what ever electronic devices he needed to be able to build a communicator to call home for a rescue pick up. If worse came to worse, after getting as much video and photo evidence, I would try and get him back to a safe landing zone for his friends to pick him up. Possibly via dressing him up in baggy clothes and making him ride in the basket of my wifes bike while I peddle like mad to get out of there. Hopefully he can make us fly like ET just in case I have to ride over a ravine or something like it.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I remember the day I saw the UFO. It was like early in the morning and there was first light.

I stopped to get gas for my Suzuki Samurai. I could see it plain as day. A giant flying egg!

There was a family next to me at the pumps and they all got out of their car. I felt like pointing at it and asking them what they thought. None of them looked up to notice it. It had no running lights.

A thought came over me from the movie "Chinatown", where the character tells Jack Nickelson at the end, "forget it, it's Chinatown".

I said to myself "forget it, it's Roswell". Went home and went to sleep.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola
It all depends on the concrete evidence.

Alien body (alive) handcuff myself to it (don't ask why I have handcuffs, we're all grown ups here - possibly) then take it to Manchester University and get them to start the analysis.

Alien craft (fully functioning) (attempt to) steal it! I've seen Star Trek, I want to boldly go there!

Alien craft (wrecked) big trip to the patent office and then Manchester Uni

Alien Object see what it does, patent office, Uni.

All cases would include getting as much media attention as possible, possibly whilst driving to the Uni (although I may have to sedate the alien if its alive)

Why Manchester Uni? It's big, they have some excellent tech equipment, it's less than 10 miles from my home.

Very well thought out. The patent office is GENIUS!! The part about handcuffs was hilarious.

Alien body (Dead) Chop off its right hand, bag it and hide it in a freezer (not mine though Eugh!). Cuff myself to its other arm and take the body to Manchester University (shrug and look blank when they ask where its other hand is) and get them to start the analysis.

Is Man Uni a conservative university there in the UK or are they more liberal? I have to admit I don't know a lot about that uni or the people running it. Is it a private or public school? I could see if it received public funds, pretty easy to have someone come in and tell those that were involved about a gas leak that caused hilutionations.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

Now that response was one I didn't expect. You wouldn't want to involve anyone or get proof?
Very impressive. I hope that if you don't get any phyiscal proof from this encounter, that you don't share the story with anyone. Very humane though, props for that.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I very much like the idea of the posters who suggested trying to help the occupants. I think a person would have to think about the possibility of nonterrestrial microbial contamination, so some PPE would be in order. I'd make sure our two cats were on house arrest, as they have to have their noses in anything unusual.

If it was a crashed or disabled craft, I'd document it, copy the documentation, cache one set somewhere where only I could find it, mail another set to a trusted friend (perhaps double up a music DVD in a DVD case or hide a flash drive in something ordinary).

This is going to sound suck-up, but I'd strongly consider contacting the Amigos here. At the very least, we'd be able to establish that I think I have something spectacular, that I exist, and that I don't want to be "disappeared".

One would have to accept that their lives will now become public, forever changed, and probably endangered to some extent (government).

Then, perhaps MUFON or similar organization. I'd consider that having a reporting agency on-site first, and THEN contacting media giants might be the way to go. I'm sure MUFON, HBCC, NURC would have media contacts and manner of reaching them.

I'd probably then sit down and make certain my will was current.

[edit on 14/8/09 by argentus]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join