It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you woke up and found solid, concrete evidence of aliens on earth, who would you tell first?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Two Eight Seven Four

You've been thinking a lot about this, haven't you??

Personally, I'm hesitant about going to the media at all. I know it's probably the most logical option, having such widespread coverage and all, but they have ways of twisting anything. When a chance such a this comes along, you cannot screw it up. Once the credibility has been shot, it's most likely over, IMO..

But, I suppose, if I did it anyway, I'd do it Two Eight Seven Four's way lol
They've basically got everything covered.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Without somebody there to confirm it, exactly how would I know I had something that was definitely extraterrestrial, and not something cooked up by some government agency or something else?

I'm no expert.

Hmm.... Good point. Umm, it tells you that it is from a different planet? Asks you directions to Zeronix? The spaceship in your pool?

That or it was a hell of a party the night before!

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Roadblockx]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
Who did I tell? I told ATS UFOs and gave 29 minutes of footage and they just laughed Lol! It was real x x x x x

I admit that I am a sucker but are you serious about that?

Where is the footage now?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

That plan was pretty well laid out. I seriously hope I can access this thread if I ever have a UFO/alien(s) in my yard.

By the way, nice dress!

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Roadblockx]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Thanks for all of the responses, stars and FLAGS! You guys and gals are great.

Are we ready for evidence to be presented? Can we as a society handle it?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
^ I think so!

All this speculation and theory stuff is getting boring.

Evidence would be nice.

But,

Honestly, I am a little afraid sometimes of other beings actually coming here. It's the unknown.
I have no idea if 'they' are trying to harm us or be nice to us.
Will they take us away some place?

Apparently, according to "Victor", Donald Rumsfeld wants to be one of the 'elected specimens'.

Who knows what's going to happen.

I still think the Grey's are cute though. Sometimes I have thoughts that maybe they are what we'll end up looking like once we evolve furthur (I still think we're quite primitive).
I mean, it's a semi-retarded (I am aware how politically incorrect that is lol) thing to say.
Actually on second though I've heard that the Grey's don't eat.
I heard they take energy in from their skin or something like that.

Maybe those breathetarians are onto something.

"Breathetarian" is something just below "Fruititarian". (Google it)

Ever heard of Wiley Brooks?

www.breatharian.com...

I know this is all off topic, but I still cannot create threads yet cause I havn't reached 20 posts.
I really wanted to bring that site to ATS members attention. It's kind of bizarre. The whole breathetarian thing (taking energy from breaths and the sun).
Interesting though.
Is that where we should be headed..as well as putting our tongue near our pineal gland?

idk I am ranting about nothing now.

Still, yes, evidence now would be really nice.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Being on the been there done that side, I'll do what I am doing now.
Letting the rest of youse know .
the sig says it all for me.

[edit on 8/14/2009 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I supposed the first person I'd talk to would be a psychiatrist, just in case I was losing it.

But seriously, I might consider not mentioning it to anyone, depending on the situation. If I had an alien that needed some sort of medical help, of course I'd have to find a doctor for it (or maybe a veterinarian). Or I'd have to bring the alien to a doctor or hospital or whatever.

But if it was, say, just some alien sitting in my living room talking to me, I would seriously consider keeping it to myself and not telling anyone. Despite the alien representing a major moment in the history of mankind, I would have little to gain. I would inevitably face ridicule from the hardcore non-believers, who would make their judgement without examining the facts. That ridicule would be balanced by the adoration of the True Believers, who would also make their judgement without examining the facts.

In the meantime, I can just about guarantee I'd be subjected to some intense, possibly brutal interrogation by the authorities, eager to either disprove my find or take over control of it. They could, and most likely would, subject me to a gag order forbidding me to ever discuss what I saw or heard or otherwise learned. In the interests of "national security", of course.

Media scum would be camping on my doorstep, eager to get me to speak. I doubt most of them would be receptive to hearing the truth, but would prefer to make me look like some kind of UFO crackpot.

I could see where it might be hard to keep or find jobs, at least for a while, because I'd be that nut who thought he had an alien in his living room. Never mind that the alien is still in my living room, the notoriety would likely cause hardship.

Besides all that, I wonder how the authorities would treat the alien - friend or foe? Welcome ambassador from the stars, or illegal alien who must be deported. Or dissected. Would the alien be considered a potential source of deadly diseases against which human bodies have no resistance? If so, it and I would both likely be quarantined, if not incinerated.

So really my question would be, what's in it for me, to tell someone about the alien? How can I benefit? Chances are, it would be way more trouble than it was worth. I might get a little ego boost from my fifteen minutes of fame, but that would be an expensive boost as I sweated out interrogations and unwanted publicity. Let someone else have the credit and leave me out.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I have seen the evidence but couldn't record it. So the truth has already presented itself to me. When you tell someone they want to lock you up in a padded room.

If I had absolute evidence that was not refutable, I would post it on youtube and every video site I could. If this evidence was physical I would then hide it. I would never contact the Govt. ever. I would wait until they contacted me verifying once more the authenticity. I would then post that video of their contact. I would also show the evidence to people I trust. The truth would become known.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Some interesting thinking in here.

Should point out, though, that the chances of the air force not turning up within ten minutes is pretty much zero.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I would set up a website, blog with photos and a video -- can be done in 30 minutes -- ask people here to mirror it as fast as they could, then I would tell my family, friends (to give witness statements after I am popped off by the MIB, thus more credibility), then the local press who like to scoop the big boys, then the mainstream press, then the authorities last.

Finally, I would also take a photo of me and ET/UFO for my Facebook profile.

Chaz.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Dear chiron613

I am with you, the first person I would call would be a good lawyer.

He can handle the vast amounts of cash that would be about to arrive.

If the Alien need medical attention who would give it?? For sure you are going to need the cash for that anyway.

The point is what ever you do short of burying the evidence and not saying a word your life will be unrecognizable from that point on so go for the cash first.

With the cash come control and therefore more cash.

I would not let the authorities near it if I could help it.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
First i'll take it to the basement call everyone i know that can make it to my home in ten minutes(mabey someone on ats that lives in my vecinity) skype my family back home so they can see via cam like ophra does with almost all her guest now. break out the camcorder and start filming so that if i show it to anyone they could just ask anyone in the video if it is real or not.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I wouldn't tell anyone because they would call Men in Black (real ones) and harm them

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
in about 1979 I had a security clearance ( PRP , / gs 35 ) .

at 4:00am I sat on the beach 1/2 a mile east of the big #2 warf in monterey california .

frankly speaking , I was smokeing grass , and stoned .

I noticed that the stars were moving over the water , and suddenly reolised that it went from being an equalateral triangel pointing up to a star of david , to a equalateral triangel pointing down .

it was perfectly stationary , at about 30 to 45 degrees in to the sky ... when I got up and walked , I noted that it seemed to be more than 500 feet , but less than 500 yards , out over the water .

I watched the moving stars for more than 10 minutes , less then 45 minutes... and imagin that it was something clear bending the light of the stars as the light went thru it .

I walked to the post graduate school where a person I worked with was , and told him to come see this .

when we return'd , it was gone. and he strongly suggested I never speak of this again .

what I know is this , my life got quite spooky after that .

if I ever had practical , real and unqualifide proof that alians landed in my back yard .
with out question , I know that nothing I did or said would make the least bit of diffrence .

I would be in the moment , learn what I could , be as helpful and in the moment as I could .
but I wouldn't make any effort what ever to " show the world this kool thing that I had found "

who or what ever UFO's are , they will let us know , when it works for them ... and there is not a single thing we are going to do about it .

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
( post script )

may I add ( with out seeming to odd )....

if my arm were out stretched , it was about twice the size of my up raised hand , there was no sound other than that common to a beach , its aparent spin rate was about one revolution ever 4 to 6 seconds .

I actual didn't see any craft or object , only the triangle up , star , triangle down , star , up , star , down ... patern repeating ...

it didn't startle me , talk to me , or move .

and frankly speaking : had I not been sitting still , trying to find a place where I would not be distrubed , and just looking out over at the ocean and sky , I wouldn't have even noticed it at all .

what I also know is that it was never reported by myself or the person who I got to come see it , as our job's would have been at risk .
even 40 years lator , I am reluctant to talk about it .

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

If it's small and easily concealable, I would do everything within my power to find out if ANYONE ELSE knows about it. If not, it would be MY little secret until my and my family's (I have no friends) protection is ABSOLUTELY FULLY SECURED. At which point, I would contact a lawyer. Then Project Camelot. Maybe even hand it over to them (since they seem to be more responsible and would do the right thing it). Then after consulting with them, I may or may not inform ATS and try and get it out to the public as far and as fast as I can and just let things unfold, while keeping my name out of it.

If it's too big to hide (i.e. if something crashed in my backyard) then my neighbors would have definitely seen it - the houses in my neighborhood are too close together - I'd call 911 from three different locations and have all three emergency services (police, fire, ambulance) respond at the same time and maybe tip off the local media.

All this would occur AFTER I have packed up everything I own and gather everyone in the house and get the hell out of Dodge!

[edit on 16-8-2009 by sumgai]

[edit on 16-8-2009 by sumgai]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Reveal my experience and evidence to the world? So I can be crucified and intruded upon? Screw that. Count me out.

The day a UFO lands in front of my doorstep, it will forever remain a secret within me and those I know, trust and love.

Everybody else wouldn't accept ANY evidence so what's the point in loading up a tired Donkey?

[edit on 16-8-2009 by juzchilln]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
NOT THE FEDS!!!

they'll probably take the evidence, prevent anyone else from knowing about it, and kill you so it remains under the federal hat.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join