It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Hey God, why not just come out and directly tell us?” What’s with all the MYSTERY in TRUTH?�

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

"Hey God, why not just come out and directly tell us?” What’s with all the MYSTERY in TRUTH

Well my answer to that would simply be that God doesn't exist.

Nearly everyone I have ever known has accepted the fact that there is no God. There is no struggle or confusion in these people. They live happy lives and I'm happy for them.

All we do is look at all the available evidence and come to one of the few logical explanations. It's seems so obvious to me. I find it really hard to understand how people can believe something there is no proof of. I have tried and failed to understand the mind of a theist. I'll just have to continue living my happy God free existence without knowing.

Unfortunately we can't completely disprove the idea of a God yet, so for now I'll pretend he exists. I'm sure we've all made something in our life that we've been proud of and looked after. Eventually it gets put away and left to gather dust. Maybe God just got bored with his earth project and moved onto something else. That's why God's never appeared and prayers haven't ever been answered.

We will probably never know.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Whew guys!!!!!

Thx for the multiple replies....was at the conceriege lounge and got some dinner, please allow me some time to get back with everyone...

Fo sho, these questions are important, and I truly respect your take on this...

Please know your post will not go ignored...

OT appreciates you all!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by System
.....Unfortunately we can't completely disprove the idea of a God yet,....

System, thank you for the post, i agree with much...BUT...have you worded this (above) INCORRECTLY friend?

Are you proposing that a GOOD GOD is a BAD THING for the created ones?

Why would we WANT to or ATTEMPT to disprove the creator? If He's true and real? Not the ORGANIZED RELIGION one?

Is this something UNFORTUNATE?

You didn't mean that right?

OT

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The creator would put us on the back burner? Not likely.

If you were a parent you might realize what it is like to have children.

I think the answer to the 'prayers being answered' issue lies in the human nature to desire proof. Like I stated earlier, proof and faith cannot coexist.

Prayers, imho, arent answered on a wide scope because we're praying for confirmation. We would in turn use our answered prayer as a type of proof to ourselves. Not to strengthen our faith.

Faith was mentioned as ignorance earlier. What would be considered intelligence then? And if it's proof, where is the proof that such a god/creator does NOT exist? We're in the same lake, just different boats my friend.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I don't really understand what you mean.

We can't disprove God just like we can't disprove the existence of pink unicorns or the celestial teapot. It's just very very unlikely that they exist. But that's not to say they don't.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by System
reply to post by OldThinker

I don't really understand what you mean.

We can't disprove God just like we can't disprove the existence of pink unicorns or the celestial teapot. It's just very very unlikely that they exist. But that's not to say they don't.

Friend, sorry for being unclear...ok?

Is it really unfortunate? or is there a better word?

OT

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
Faith was mentioned as ignorance ...

pls explain this assertion ok?

OT

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

- Why must hundreds of millions die for or against his name?
- Why must hundreds of millions continue to suffer day after day with no hope of savior?

Originally posted by king9072
For someone to claim such abilities, yet never once in history employ them, would be quickly pushed off this forum as a [HOAX], yet we listen to such claims daily. Without any evidence or display.

Hello King! One question you asked has also troubled me a lot. Why must we suffer? I feel that God does not WANT us to suffer. This is why he sent his son, Jesus, to save us. God saw that the people were troubled, he wanted to offer hope. Many people think of Jesus in such a historical setting and fail to realize he was someone who walked and talked.. there were actual people who met him... people that probably are just like you and I and had doubts about this world we live in. He was somebody who offered them life after death.

Jesus did employ his abilities in history as well. He suffered with his people just like everyone else of this world does. He was beaten, harassed, looked down upon, etc. He conquered death to show to us that after this stop here on earth, you can find eternal peace and an end to the suffering if you believe in him.

Verrryy sorry if it sounds preachy. I fully believe in Jesus's life and resurrection. I think some focus too much on the suffering that happens today and we ask God "Why?" without taking a fraction of that time and looking at the miracles that have happened and asking God "How?" I noticed a lot of you saying you dont feel God in church and stuff and personally I feel some churches shy away from questions like this. There are 2 good videos if any of you are searching or have questions for God.

www.eaglebrookchurch.com...

First video I recommend... its under the series "Ask Anything" and its called "Why Does A Loving God Allow So Much Evil And Suffering?" I thought it was perfect for your questions!

The second is under.. 'Johns Best Friend" Titled 'The Resurrection and the Life" this one comes at it at a sort of scientific perspective! If you search in the right places you will find answers. Cheers!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
...There's wisdom to be found in the search, too. Think maybe He knows that, too?

We have to find our own answers to our questions.

seagull, sorry, I see, you have moved on, that's ok....

when you get back, pls know you are a wise guy, and OT agrees, the "joy is in the journey"

think most ATS-ers see that????????

OT

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Reply to post by OldThinker

Don't take it wrong, I am not the one that mentioned it.

A previous ats'er stated that blind faith and ignorance are one in the same. Meaning that to place faith in something that has never been proven beyond a doubt is akin to believing drinking coca cola will lead you to enlightenment.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fizliz

fizliz, I noticed you are coming up on your one yr anniversary on ATS, congrats there!

Now I'll go back and read your post my friend....

Glad you are on here!

OT

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
Reply to post by OldThinker

Don't take it wrong, I am not the one that mentioned it.

A previous ats'er stated that blind faith and ignorance are one in the same. Meaning that to place faith in something that has never been proven beyond a doubt is akin to believing drinking coca cola will lead you to enlightenment.

Big guy, I will not take it wrong...been doing this ats thang for about 5 yrs...the smartest people in the world here...shame most ignore...

btw, i love COKE...too much sugar tho...the ZERO thang is good for OT's weight

What are your thoughts on these questions, if you have time...

OT

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
The only thing that makes any sense is that we're on our own. ...

Nohup, have you seen Carl's 'Contact' before he passed? And the last out- there-in-space ... scene? POWERFUL, huh?

OT's the MM character, if you will...

OT

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fizliz

fizliz, here's OT's fav... www.tonycampolo.org...

If you have time, let me know what you think and its relevance to the belief/dis-belief paradigm....

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Star, and Flag for entertainment.

This is an interesting topic, I have no organized religion, and by most people's standards none at all. I am spiritual.

IMO the reason there are no answers comes out of myth, lore, and a tad bit of religion.

I'll try to give a brief overview of what I 'believe'.

Long ago we were one with god. We were connected with the eternal essence most simply know now as God; most know it now as an abstract rather meaningless presence.

I believe god is within each one of us, we all have the ability to attain a presence, or connection with god. In that line of thinking everything around us is sacred, and due respect.

The problem currently is of dimension, and space; by "choice". Long ago something possibly real Evil, or the "Darkness" manifested into a conscious choice. "Man/Woman" of this particular world in one manner, or another chose to coexist with the Evil.

I am not quite sure on the conscious nature of the choice. Possibly, the evil held people at bay; in a sort of perpetual torture. Instead of relying in what they knew, and the comfort they could not die, as they were pure energy sentient beings, they chose to comply, and except the Darkness.

At the point they chose for whatever reason the darkness over the light; they fell dimensionally. The problem is they drug the Earth along with them. The Earth, as I described above is part of the sacred nature of the Universe/Cosmos. It's just as sacred as we humans consider our lives; possibly more since we could not exist presently with out it.

The fact of the Earth being pulled down with the ill fated choice of "Man/Woman" is/was a judgement, and the start of the long epic Veil.

We are all currently in a state of veiled ignorance; which many speculate was part of the Evils intention to control this space, time, and dimension.

The concept of "God" has no reason to tell "Us/Man/Woman/We" anything because we were the ones who chose through, or for whatever reasons to side with dark/Evil.

I've read that it is postulated the reason for redemption/salvation, and the Apocalypse(unveiling) is to raise the Earth up again, and give the few "Men/Women" the choice to rethink their original sin, and raise back up to where they were.

The above is simply my two pesos.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Hey those were all excellent points.

If only we could get more people to see war, and destruction were not the way.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Which god exactly do you want to come and tell us?

Christian god, or maybe he's jew, or muslim, or all into one.

Or maybe he's hindu, or maybe these are all wrong and he's Zeus, or Apollo or Ra or Osiris.

Maybe he got bored of us and is somewhere in the galaxy altering DNA and finalising the program for his new version of human 2.0.
Maybe if we're lucky he'll remember we're here and patch us with the newest version of the software.
Maybe we don't deserve to be patched and will just be left here like some obsolete piece of hardware.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Hey OP,
God is everywhere in everything and everything within God. There is nowhere that God is not there.

The eyeball cannot see itself. You can not see God because perhaps you think he/she/it is somewhere "up there" or you have boxed God in as a mental concept and that is God to you. All of those things are limits put on something that is unlimited.

If I turn the radio on, and it's on a country station (I dont like country music) and I want to hear classic rock or ambient, all that needs to be done is the dial needs be turned so that the proper frequencies are tuned into ...so I can hear what I want to hear.

If you want to turn God into some kind of mystery and say that God is hiding somewhere ....that is you putting constraints on something that is right here and right now in front of you and insid of you and all around you.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
OT: Certanly an all powerful God who wanted to convey a message could, right?

a2d: He already has. He chose his means to communicate with us. It's on us to choose to believe or disbelieve. And just for the atheists...plz dont say 'no he hasnt' because we both know existance and nonexistance are equals when it comes to belief and nonbeleif. That is to say, you'll say prove it, and i'll say prove it...

OT:Why all the confusion? Is evil at work? Will time tell us? Or are we not listening? Maybe we are too busy to look.

A2d: What confusion? Some of these questions seem too..vague..to answer. i'm not sure of the answers you're seeking. Perhaps you could ask more precise questions concerning the confusion or uncertainty.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Additionally, anything claiming to have unlimited power, and is righteous can express and display this at any given moment.

No-Thing needs to be claimed. It is what it is. God has nothing to prove. This is already all expressed and displayed in this moment, in this now. It can be seen and known ...but not by them mind which is limited. Get the mind out of the way with its labels and limited use and rest in the now. It will come.

- Why must hundreds of millions die for or against his name? - Why must hundreds of millions continue to suffer day after day with no hope of savior? - Why isn't his power propelling good men to defeat evil forces that rule this world?

Some die for his name because they are unaware what they are dying for ....they are brainwashed. Other die for God because its standing up for the truth. Suffering will eventually come to an end. You want children but there is just as much chance that they can become killers as they can become cops or lawyers or scholars. Good men are working day and night one step at a time to defeat evil forces. If it wasn't for them we would all be anihilated by our own nukes by now.

Where was he while billions of innocent people were erased from history in centuries past?

He was those billions of people erased from the past.

Where is he now, as the governments of the world pave the road to mass vaccinations with lethal doses?

He is the now, the governments, the world, the universe, infinity. Lethal dose vaccines are brought about by people who are ignorant of what is going on.

Without any evidence or display.

Did you bother to look? Or did you just window shop and make a quick assumption/conclusion?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join