It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Hey God, why not just come out and directly tell us?” What’s with all the MYSTERY in TRUTH?�

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
Star, and Flag for entertainment.

This is an interesting topic, I have no organized religion,

sweet avatar!!!!!!

I always thought, if the bubble's in the middle, ur on the level!!!

What's entertaining about this sobering topic, enlighten OT

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

reply to post by king9072

Hey those were all excellent points.

If only we could get more people to see war, and destruction were not the way.

So the GOOD FATHER is the author of WAR and DESTRUCTION? Please....where would such IGNORANCE come from....

Who pissed you off?

Did you know there is MORE TO REALITY than 'our' perspective? U learned that yet?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by madeioo
Which god exactly do you want to come and tell us?

Christian god, or maybe he's jew, or muslim, or all into one.

Or maybe he's hindu, or maybe these are all wrong and he's Zeus, or Apollo or Ra or Osiris.

Insightful question there madeioo!!!

Thank you!

Ur thoughts? WHO is it?

OT

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAB19
i=Im confused are you talking about GOD/our creator...or a savior type god like jesus?

Please MAB19 don't be, explain the difference...please don't ignore...you ask a great question...don't leave us hangin, ok?

OT

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Hey OP,
God is everywhere in everything and everything within God. .........\

..........If you want to turn God into some kind of mystery and say that God is hiding somewhere ....that is you putting constraints on something that is right here and right now in front of you and insid of you and all around you...........

Others, is dominicus, right? He's everwhere?

Is God hiding? Does that bother you? Or are you NOT looking????????

OT curious?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Ah, the age old questions that no one has all the answers to. Perhaps we can gleem a sliver of truth from here and their, gain some insight into what makes the most sense to us but, still many questions remain. Perhaps as humans we cannot possibly comprehend the answers. Maybe when we pass from this life to the next we will find them.

For now, there may be wisdom in taking the good from wherever you may find it and incorporate it into your life. Live a life of compassion and love and you will never go wrong. Listen to your intuition and let your light shine.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Why does God let all this stuff happen?

Oh, I forgot...he's still pissed because some guy ate from a tree thousands of years ago.

That's why he won't help us.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I'm sorry I got distracted somewhere. Something about u2u's, and a cool dude.

Um, maybe there was some confusion to what I was agreeing about. IMO the

wars, plagues, and all the evil things which we can all obviously see is due to a

false belief. I don't think those are in real line with the thought of god. IMO

wars are caused many times by false paradigms, or beliefs in god. I don't

think god ever wants people killing each other; as we are all of sacred origin.

Does that clear my thoughts up???

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Reply to post by JediK

or perhaps he's already done what needs to be done to help...

I hate to use old cliche type sayings but..

maybe it's a 'help me to help you' type thing...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Ah, the age old questions that no one has all the answers to.

Why is that? Did God drop the ball?

OT

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediK
Why does God let all this stuff happen?

Oh, I forgot...he's still pissed because some guy ate from a tree thousands of years ago.

That's why he won't help us.

????

I would have expected a bit more wisdom/less sarcasm from a dude who knew LUKE/Yoda
oh well....

OT hopes you try again.....

OT

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I'm sorry I got distracted somewhere. Something about u2u's, and a cool dude.

Um, maybe there was some confusion to what I was agreeing about. IMO the

wars, plagues, and all the evil things which we can all obviously see is due to a

false belief. I don't think those are in real line with the thought of god. IMO

wars are caused many times by false paradigms, or beliefs in god. I don't

think god ever wants people killing each other; as we are all of sacred origin.

Does that clear my thoughts up???

yes, that is clearer/better...

and OT wants to know who/what He is? according to you?

OT

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Reply to post by OldThinker

Let me just ask 1 question.

When you say God..what are you referring to?

If it's a judeo-christian God than your question about dropping the ball is simple to answer. We don't know because God asks for faith. To know is to have proof and proof and faith cannot coexist.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I tried to convey that. IMHolyO God is in all of us, and we all are part of it. I do believe in Evil being an opposite force, and something impeding we here on

Earth. I think God is a 'veil' away from being known to us all. Not in the form of a single person, but an omnipresent force within all of us.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
My own personal experience with God. I was born in a catholic household, in a catholic country.

I did all the religious education that is required of us, that is 7 years of sunday school, where you are taught how to be a good christian and are gradually initiated on the catholic faith.
I was baptized by my parents who wanted to "insure" that in case i died my immortal soul wouldnt go to purgatory, at 7 years old i did my first communion and at that time still believed everything i was told without question.

Fortunately or unfortunately, at around 8-9 years old i started developing an interest for reading, where i started consuming everything that was printed and i could get my hands on. It was at that time that i first started questioning if my beliefs where right.
It was extremely confusing for me to believe in a barbaric old testament god and in a god of love and forgiveness from the new testament.

I eventually started raising questions at sunday school. Why is our god the true one? Who are we to say that we catholics are right, and the muslims, jews, hindus, etc. are wrong. Basically the sort of questions that the sunday school teachers aren't very confortable answering to. I was told to have faith. To believe. Basically i was told that if i wish it enough, it will come true, which i suppose it does. Eventually they stopped tried answering my questions and i was discouraged of asking them as it wasn't doing wonders for the other kids views on the subject. I think that was when i personally stopped believing in the old guy in that cloud.

Nowadays, I believe in science. Being completely honest, it's like a religion. I do not understand the theory of the big bang, or the theory of relativity, i have never seen an atom or DNA. I take all those things at face value, I believe because science tells me they are true. Just like in your normal religion. The difference is that I know that if I want proof that what they tell me is real, I can go and prove it myself.

I'm perfectly fine with not being made in no one's image apart from my parents. I'm perfectly fine with the fact that when I die it's over. I'm still able to operate in society and make moral judgements although I don't believe in a creator.

To me, and no offence to anyone's beliefs, none is intended, but religion served it's purpose when we didn't know how to explain why the sun rose every day, or that guy that was perfectly healthy suddenly died, or why the earth started shaking and killed half of the tribe. We needed something to explain the unknown.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
Reply to post by JediK

or perhaps he's already done what needs to be done to help...

I hate to use old cliche type sayings but..

maybe it's a 'help me to help you' type thing...

that's true...but it's not

either...or....

here....

I've found..."Psalm 37:23 (King James Version)

23The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way."

it's a combo deal...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
People can't even understand what they themselves are. How can one even begin to understand the father if they can't even understand the son/themselves? ....

badmedia,

Hey, this is a quite profound question!!!

Mostly true, but I hold out hope...maybe some can him....early....

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by

A well written answer...

I do appreciate the post/time...

Thank you madeioo

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Simply paraphrased...

"You want truth? You can't handle the truth!" - Jack Nickleson

AAC

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by OldThinker

What do you mean? I don't see the relevance in that scripture and what I have mentioned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join