It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Hey God, why not just come out and directly tell us?” What’s with all the MYSTERY in TRUTH?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Certainly an all powerful God who wanted to convey a MESSAGE could, right? I wonder why there are SO many differing opinions on TRUTH… i.e Pilate asking satirically, “what’s truth?”

I have my beliefs, but who’s to say, I’m right?

You have yours, maybe your right?

WHY ALL THE CONFUSION?

Is EVIL at work? Will TIME tell us?

Or are we not listening? Maybe we are too busy to look?

Guys what are your thoughts on that? Are we being duped by the Devil? Or is he a fairytale?

Please no flaming ok…let’s work through this issue respectfully, ok?

OT out!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Some would say that truth is spared for the believer. Once a person believes upon faith then God makes those written mysteries clear to them.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Where would the fun be in the adventure if we were to suddenly know it all?

Besides,

"If you can't see God in everything, you can't see God in anything."

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

mrW,

Thanks for joining here...great questions you ask!!!

Can't wait to see the responses....

OT

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrFantastic4567

Some would say that truth is spared for the believer. Once a person believes upon faith then God makes those written mysteries clear to them.

I'm with you, but it is still VERY VERY frustrating for the skeptic....where is God/Faith for them?

And more than not will disagree with your premse...

Thank you for your take bro!

OT

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mrFantastic4567

I was with a 40-ish dad the other day...wife makes him and the kids go to lutheran church...so the kids will have a nice social environment to grow up in...dad goes, but says to me, "I get absolutely nothing out of it...God is a made up thing, where is he?"

How would one answer him?

I fell his frustration, but don't have an answer...to his liking that is?????

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

But wouldn't an all-powerful being be able to give you both? Skip all the pain and torment in the middle and just grant us all the knowledge and fun at the same time? Why not?

Again, this line of thinking suggests that this "God" is somehow lacking something. It needs us to go through a lot of nonsense to teach us a lesson, and to have us choose to believe, rather than just giving us the answer, like it would break some rule if it did. So there's the paradox.

An all-powerful, all-encompassing entity that has needs? I don't think so.

The only thing that makes any sense is that we're on our own. Or, as the Gnostics figured out, even if there was a creator entity, it is so far outside our understanding that it doesn't matter.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Originally posted by mrwupy

But wouldn't an all-powerful being be able to give you both? Skip all the pain and torment in the middle and just grant us all the knowledge and fun at the same time? Why not?

Nohup, your sentence above captures my frustration better than I said, thank you!

OT

These are questions any thinking person must consider when dealing with matters of faith...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Good question. I would tell him that since he does not believe in God the following experiment will harm him none and will only take 5 minutes a day for one month. Harldy a high cost for a good experiment.

I would have him take his shoes off each night before bed and kneel next to his bed and pray that God would grant him faith and to ask God for help in his daily life. If after a month he feels nothing different then you will let him be and not bring it up again, unless he brings it up first.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mrFantastic4567

Kinda a Jeremiah thing..."You will seek me and find me when you seek me with ALL your heart."

OK, I'll do it!

Thanks!

OT

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
That's the entire issue. Billions of Christians, and yet ten's of different interpretations.

In my opinion and experience, the truth is only one story, no interpretation needed and explains all mystery of the subject.

Additionally, anything claiming to have unlimited power, and is righteous can express and display this at any given moment.

My only questions are, if such a god were to exist,

- Why must hundreds of millions die for or against his name?
- Why must hundreds of millions continue to suffer day after day with no hope of savior?
- Why isn't his power propelling good men to defeat evil forces that rule this world?

- Where was he while billions of innocent people were erased from history in centuries past?
- Where is he now, as the governments of the world pave the road to mass vaccinations with lethal doses?

For someone to claim such abilities, yet never once in history employ them, would be quickly pushed off this forum as a [HOAX], yet we listen to such claims daily. Without any evidence or display.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
That's the entire issue. .......

- Why must hundreds of millions continue to suffer day after day with no hope of savior?
- Why isn't his power propelling good men to defeat evil forces that rule this world?

- Where was he while billions of innocent people were erased from history in centuries past?
- Where is he now, as the governments of the world pave the road to mass vaccinations with lethal doses?

For someone to claim such abilities, yet never once in history employ them, would be quickly pushed off this forum as a [HOAX], yet we listen to such claims daily. Without any evidence or display.

Yes, I agree, this question , is paramount!

Your additional questions need to be answered too, !

Also, Is there really any 'evidence' for Him?

OT

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
To say that God exists is to have faith.

Many nonbelievers will ask for proof.

However, proof and faith cannot co-exist.

It's easy when you think about it...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I suppose he could. Give us everything we could possibly need, or even want...

...but then what becomes of the search for our own answers? The wisdom isn't in the answer, at least not always. There's wisdom to be found in the search, too. Think maybe He knows that, too?

We have to find our own answers to our questions.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
i=Im confused are you talking about GOD/our creator...or a savior type god like jesus?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
To say that God exists is to have faith.

Many nonbelievers will ask for proof.

However, proof and faith cannot co-exist.

It's easy when you think about it...

Blind faith and ignorance are one and the same, please note the site moto.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by king9072
That's the entire issue. .......

Yes, I agree, this question , is paramount!

Your additional questions need to be answered too, !

Also, Is there really any 'evidence' for Him?

OT

Hello OldThinker.
I don't think there is any evidence for the existence of a god (unless you count the bible as evidence- which many people don't).

The only way for the existence of god to become a fact for all mankind would be if god himself showed up. Even then people will question what they see. (I would ask my friends if they put any hallucinogen in my food). God would then have to go through the usual tests in a lab to prove to the biggest skeptics in the scientific community that he is real.

in addition, he would have to answer to a lot of questions. and i mean a LOT (like the reason for existence, to clarify the complex and paradoxical issues of the creation story and to explain the impossible physics behind the events of the supposed flood, etc).

For the man who said he did not know why he was in church; just tell him to do this experiment: pray every morning, afternoon, and night for god to miraculously heal all people in the world with cancer. tell him to do this for a whole month. If he gets an answer then great, if not then he was right.

In the end, I believe this all goes down to faith and not questioning too much. If one questions too much then your faith will probably become weaker. You will begin to think how some events in the bible are suppose to be considered true when in fact reason alone tells you it isn't so, why people pray to a very needy god, etc.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
People can't even understand what they themselves are. How can one even begin to understand the father if they can't even understand the son/themselves? It's like trying to find proof of a forest without the concept of what a tree is.

People look "out there" for proof, but it's impossible to be proven out there. If you ask an atheist what they would consider to be proof of god, everything they mention can be dismissed away as advanced technology. And if they did use such things as proof of god, they are open to being fooled by nothing more than advanced technology.

To find god during your lifetime is to find him early. And if you want to find him early, then it requires alot of "soul searching" and do some seeking. Not "out there", but within.

Know thyself.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
While I do believe in God. I understand your questions and I like them.
But lets look at the world in which we live:

I don't think Christians like getting pushed around for being Christians (and yes I am a Christian). I don't think Jews like being pushed around for being Jews. I don't think atheists like being pushed around for be atheists. I do not think believer and non-believers like being pushed around for what they believe.

Why does he let this hate happen! Why does he allow DEATH, pain and suffering to endure. Why doesn't he do something? If he has the power do it! I will quote Annie Graham:

'I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives. And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?'

Don't read the bible in school because its an intrusion to education and might slow down development of a child. Don't teach evolution because it promotes death and brainwashes children! Don't do it, don't do it!

Why not teach the bible? The Bible says thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself.

Why not teach evolution? Evolution teaches that we are all connected. We arose from one thing and therefore all of nature and ourselves are connected, not only mentally, but physically.

Funny how simple it is for people to trash and flick off God and then wonder why the world's going to hell. Its also funny that we believe everything in PEOPLE magazine and yet question the bible and Science. Its awesome that we can curse through the computer and say whatever the hell we want, but public speeches of God and Science are frowned upon as an attack on either Science or God or perhaps both. We need to get over ourselves and stop playing tit or tat.

We are all connected whether we like it or not. Many religions say that we came from one God and Science states that we came from one cell. Whether we like it or not we are connected.

An honest post, without any bias, without any remorse, without any pride. Just honesty and understanding.

Peace, hope and love,
~TheMythLives

[edit on Aug 10th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by king9072

Please note I did not in anyway mention myself in that statement. I'm simply stating that faith or 'ignorance' and proof cannot coexist. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join