It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been invaded

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
The irony of it all. When ATS was smaller and less well known it seems that the conversations were smarter and held honest opinions.

I've heard that, or something like that, more times than I can count. However, I'm not sure such a statement has been substantiated.

Let's compare:
General Conspiracies Forum: past few days
General Conspiracies Forum: May 2006
General Conspiracies Forum: April 2007

Or...
Week of September 26, 2004 (Old, unsupported page with missing graphics)
This Week

I have some comments related to your statement, but first thought it might be an interesting experiment to see if we can discover if what you're saying might really be true. Have a look at some of the historical comparisons and see if what you say holds true.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
I believe this comes from an increasing sense of the lack of authority people have.

Some may need authority - I feel sorry they feel that way...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Enhance your calm fellow citizens.

In the next two weeks school starts back up and many of those that annoy you will be focused on grades and sports and girls and boys and what they actually mean to one another.

It's always a summer event on ATS. Give thanks that it's almost over.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
if you hate it so much why are you still here? the door is wide open.

I was waiting for this post.

I bet I am not the only one, in fact I think someone mentioned it earlier.

I am not leaving I made this thread so maybe some will think...and then we can fix it.

An Archer cannot hit his target if he/she ignores it. One must acknowledge that problem and then find the solution.

Peace

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
The amount of posts that seasoned members here will consider unworthy is directly proportionate to the number of people visiting the site.

Actually, I'm going to postulate that it's directly proportional to the amount of time spent on ATS.

We've written about the phenomenon several times, need to locate some old posts.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

I'd much rather talk about ancient civilizations and potential UFO sightings.

"Me too."

How about the 3 sightings plus documentation of UFO science hoax from 2006?

There have been some nice moments over the past...

But ya know what? Those threads also have something in common with the political baiting threads... high flag rates and high participation by the users involved. Although a much smaller section of users posting.

Anyway, I think with the smackdown mgmt put on it recently we will see a difference, at least until the next big thing.

"Absolutely."

keep in mind the healthcare bill is the biggest hot button since the election.

You never cease to amaze me. You are one of the most concise and articulate speakers I have ever seen on ATS. These things do come and go in cycles. Excellent post.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Question

Are you calling me a hippy!
Thank you.

I am not left nor right but I think hippies are pretty cool. They seem to have heart and passion. They dont judge as much and make for great conversation.

On another note:

Hello Bill, thank you for posting in my thread.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I gave almost an identical answer on another forum today....

I guess at least people are seeking truth more.....

And yes, unfortunatly, after years of soaking up and searching for any truth we could find, we may have to turn around to a bit more of a teacher instead of student roll..... makes sense.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I gave almost an identical answer on another forum today....

I guess at least people are seeking truth more.....

And yes, unfortunatly, after years of soaking up and searching for any truth we could find, we may have to turn around to a bit more of a teacher instead of student roll..... makes sense.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

You took one line of what I said and took it out of context, so in a sense you did the same thing.

Take it out of context? What is there to take out of context when you describes a belief system as ‘zombies’ and pigeon holes then as “right wingers”? lol

From the get go your original post begins name calling and then digresses into calling Christians zombies and right wingers.

EXACTLY what I'm getting sick of on ATS.

That I bring it to your attention in a adult manner with no mud slinging in return, no pigeon holing is doing the same thing?

Not.

Have you ever heard the phrase you can dish it out but can't take it?

You are, a perfect example, of what is wrong on ATS these days by your own words and biases.

Or is it acceptable to bash and pigeon hole the Christians and no one else?

Fail.

Don't bother responding, it’s time for you to quit digging.

peace

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
What your seeing is the beginning of web censorship. People that can think and don't go along with the right left BS are quietly disappearing. They are replaced with political drones and message boards all over the web are becoming more like the MSM. We knew this day would come and now it's here.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You know I think a lot of also has to do with the fact this country was on the verge of revolution when Bush left office and with Obama getting elected it kind of put all those feelings of anger to the back burner for the most part, except a lot of people think that there isn't going to be anything different with whoever got elected from the main parties.

Now the flames are being fanned again and people are very passionate about it because of what happened in the past 8 years. I know I'm guilty of it myself, so I'm no exception to what I am stating.

We are at a pivotal moment in history and as people should be, people are very excited, scared, worried, etc. about what is going to happen in the future. The economy that we are living in is extremely bad, many people that have worked for most of their lives have stated they haven't ever seen an economy this bad before.

There are a lot things going on right now that effect a lot of people, and I can understand the emotions sometimes overflow. It isn't necessarily the peoples fault, it's just the nature of the beast, I'm sure isn't just this forum that is affected it is many places on the internet and in general.

So I wouldn't try to say it is these people or those people, it's that emotions are high right now and lots of people are getting a chance seeing things done that they have wanted done for a long time, and other that don't have their opinions on why it shouldn't change.

Times are hard and history is in the making, and people are just a little bit more on edge because of it. So I wouldn't try to blame it "sides" or ideology it is just a sign of the times. That is my opinion at least.

And on a side note, I'm watching "Shooter" with Mark Wahlberg right now and a Senator he is talking to, just said, "There isn't Sunni's, and Shiites, democrats, and republicans, there are only the haves and have nots," Now granted it is from a movie but the statement does ring true.

There are indeed the haves and have nots, and the haves - have pitted the have nots against each other with different ideas on how to "fix" it, all the while the Haves keep getting richer smoking their 100 dollar cigars, laughing at us fight it out.

Now whether you fit into the haves or have-nots or what you find important, a majority of people find materialistic things important and that is what their lives are centered around. So it isn't so much a certain ideology that is at fault it is just a symptom of living in a consumerist society that is collapsing before our eyes.

Edit - to try to be non-biased and fix some spelling mistakes.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Wow, it looks like my thread is really opening people up. This is two now that have spawned seemingly from mine with the same ideals. AWESOME!

Wake up people!!!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It has seemed different here over the years, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. I'm always on the lookout for sites that are more like what ATS used to be.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

Every information outlet tends to work the same way as the media. The more 'mainstream' something gets, the less credibility it tends to have. Unfortunately, ATS is no different, and I can't see it getting any less popular.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I was just watching Shooter too! Great flick. I like the end especially...

Corrupt Senator: "But I'm a Senator of the United States of America!"

Mark Wahlberg: "Exactly. . ." 'pulls trigger'

[edit on 9-8-2009 by mostlyspoons]

[edit on 9-8-2009 by mostlyspoons]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Since the last election though it has been simply invaded by the mindless mainsteam media drones/zombies... ...these mainstream zombies spewing the brainwashed crap the corporate think tanks want them to.
...Most of these zombies seem to be the hard Christian right[edit on 9-8-2009 by LoneGunMan]

I don't know if you've read the latest u2u announcement but it talks about stopping the extreme hate targeting certain groups here on ATS, I would say the OP is guilty of this hate.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's a quote,

the overwhelming atmosphere of hate, insults, and over-the-top exaggerations is not desired here on ATS. When we see an abundance of disparaging names and hateful condescension, the atmosphere is polluted and discussion turns away from the issues and toward each other."

I take offence to the OP's hateful stupidity, his generalizations of assuming all Christians are mindless brainwashed media zombies.

I'm a Christian, and I'm not ashamed, I know the vast majority of the posters on here claim to not be Christian, and in fact are anti-Christian, now I'm not anti any group, Democrat, Republican, Athiest, Muslim, but it appears to be okay to hate on Christianity here, get tons of support for that hate and spiral into mass-hate towards one group.

This is Christianity from my perspective, true Christianity, it's not a guy in a fancy robe, or a guy on a gold encrusted throne, it's those that follow the teachings of what the world would admit was the greatest teacher of all time. Many pretend to follow him, and use his name. So even if the word Christian itself has been tainted it doesn't give anyone the right to lump them into one group to be targeted as evil.

There seems to be an almost racist disjointed understanding of what Christianity is, it's not a gun toting Anti-Obama redneck, it's not someone who listens to Rush Limbaugh, those are what you can call a Conservative, a Constitutionalist, a Redneck, maybe an Independent, or Republican, but to assume all of them are Christian is stupidity.

The fact that you assume these things kind of makes you look like a zombie, I've learned never to assume anything about anyone, no matter their race, religion, creed, political persuasion, but there are many playing this hate game because they've yet to learn anything about this world, hate controls you, were you aware of this? if you hate something you are wasting a great ammount of energy, they are continuing to play the game, running around the mulberry bush, it will get you nowhere.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Also worth noting that I have never had Springer reply to any of my well written, and executed threads.. so COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!

And although I agree that it may be more of an appearance thing. I think the corporate ignorance spewer perspective has been overlooked.

People appear to be talking about something, may even have sources and properly written, well thought out response. The only issue? Is that they are spewing what the corporate news men told them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join