It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been invaded

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
When you dilute the league with more players the quality of play tends to drop.

Superstars seem fewer (good posts) and dirty play increases.

As for the "christian right" comments, I think it unfair to single out. I have seen the same droning coming from the "Atheist left".......

There are alot of threads here where the logic departs on the first page and the thread is done but for the name calling and personal attacks. Having said that, there are stll far worse places on the net for conspiracy chatter.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Don't want to repeat what others have said, but if you don't like something, CHANGE IT.

God, The Gods, The Flying Moose, what ever you believe in gave you a brain, use it. This is a site for (among other things) intellectual discourse.

Use it.

Juuuuust my humble little opinion of course. . . .

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Yeah, I wil have to agree with you on this one. I've only been a member since last December but I have noticed a lot what you've been describing the past few months.

I've been coming to this site less and less the past couple of months, I will still visit from time to time, but definitely not as much as I used to.

Kudos to you for having the bravery to start a thread on what I think a lot of us have been thinking for a while now.

S&F.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The amount of posts that seasoned members here will consider unworthy is directly proportionate to the number of people visiting the site.

This has been an ongoing theme here ever since I first visited this site as a guest like 3 years ago.

I have seen it mentioned here many, many times.

Take from it what you will, but in truth it is something that the staff here has seen many times and this REMAINS the premier site for alternative news despite it.

It is nothing more than a seasoned member griping about how the noobs are bringing the place down.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFaiThfulSkepTic

Just because you have faith in something other than a higher power(well, hopefully) doesnt mean you have to spread your slanderous blasphemy. I dont appreciate the way you have now attached a generalized title to the Christians, and other children of god (individuals that have CHoSeN where they would like their faith to be placed in).

I do have faith in a higher power. In fact Spirituality is how I lead my life.

I am of the first nation belief...whether its Druid, Siberian Shamanism, Native American etc.

I have found the main damage to America has come from the Christians AND the extreme left also.

I am not dualistic in nature at all I am of the big picture. I can step back far enough to look at the mosaic to be able to point out where certain individuals are stuck.

A poster earlier stated the truth of us being of the all. We are of the all and live every facet of the all.

Some are stuck though and will not no matter what get unstuck in the current incarnation they currently inhabit.

Some may try and peg me for what I've said without knowing I am beyond the left right paradigm. I think of God more like Abraxas. Or how Siddhartha see's God. Or like how the ancient Druids saw God. Like the collective see's God.

Originally posted by PowerSlave
As for the "christian right" comments, I think it unfair to single out. I have seen the same droning coming from the "Atheist left".......

I agree with this especially in light of ATS. The Right wing Christian thing though is IMHO is what has caused the middle class to fall so far and the corporate giant to gain such power.

Its more than an opinion...I am also a gifted intuitive, when I am not doing my duty as a Firefighter I do readings for people. The right wing movement is in this time for a reason. They are here at this time to bring the dark so we can see where the light is coming from.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

It is not only not the same but every thread that has a slight political bend (...) Most of these zombies seem to be the hard Christian right that have ruined almost everything in our country and let the corporations do what they want since the 80's. They are like a plague in our nation and now they are infecting ATS.
:shk:

[edit on 9-8-2009 by LoneGunMan]

Yours is no exception lol. But I still agree with you. Politics should stay in the politics section.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I am betting the new rules implemented today that are against exactly what you have issue with... ( I agree) will do a great good on cutting back on a lot of that.

I agree with John "gimme_some_truth" Lennon but there is some truth to the OP's thread.

I honestly don't remember it ever being like it has been lately. I clicked on hot topics and it's all about the driest political issues with no sense of wonder like the good ole days.

It almost seems like the bread and butter topics of ATS's golden era which included:

UFOs, bigfoot, the lochness monster, ghosts, time travel, super string theory, the eleventh dimension, the multiverse, the mothman, dopplegangers, remote viewing, men in black, flight 19, roswell, betty and barney hill, the lavender lady, champ, bob lazar, secret space stations, mother ships, John Lears crazy stories about soul catchers (i miss his stories alot), ancient civilizations on mars, glass domes on the moon, the NWO, jim morrison's death, hollow earth theory, the city of atlantis, Lemuria, telekenesis, the jersey devil, camp hero, denver airport, and of course -- the reptillians have all but disappeared.

If I missed anything, please, by all means add to my list.

These were the topics that ATS was fouinded on and I couldn't wait to get home to log on and see what exciting new adventure or mystery that needed to be unraveled on this top flight conspiracy website.

Now it's been replaced with Obama this or healthcare that and the people reading off pages and pages of boring statistics from downloaded pdfs so they can fuel their rage about how wrong the left/right is for backing their man/woman in office.

Whew. I feel better now.

Peace and Love to all of you.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by carnival_of_souls2047]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jigore

Yours is no exception lol. But I still agree with you. Politics should stay in the politics section.

Please read the post I made just above yours for clarification. I am not of any bend in particular. :shk: If you knew me in real life you wouldn't know what to think.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This is generally the result when numerous Type A people come together. What we all need to accept is that, just because we are able to intelligently present our opinions, other Type A's are not going to fall to the ground and pay homage to us.

Also, considering the nature of this site, many of us are very passionate about the topics we chose to address. To me, regardless of whether or not I agree with the poster, I am happy to see that passion still exists. The alternative is we all become 'Stepford Wives'.

My suggestion is to remain passionate, but drop the name calling. It is, really, easy to do, with a little forethought.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by carnival_of_souls2047

You summed up my thoughts on this quite well. Thank you for contributing to this thread and giving some clarity.

This was what ATS was all about. I am sure the current way its going is driving the staff nuts.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
The alternative is we all become 'Stepford Wives'.

I wouldnt want that either. Plenty of sites out there that are like that.

This is different. I like skeptics...they keep things interesting, nothing worst than a thread where everyone agrees.

Its that cookie cutter corporate MSM mindthink I am referring to.

I browse ATS to escape that.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
So, who exactly about are you all talking? Some of you seem to be subtly accusing one group, while others make sly references to another. . .

I agree, the situation around here is fast deteriorating. But it's hard to pin it on any one group!

Let's all admit, with Bush in office, the political forums were a complete free-for-all. It seemed anything was acceptable to say. It was fun, don't get me wrong, (I'm non-partisan so quite frankly they're all a bunch of coniving narcissists if you ask me) and sure, the occasional evangelical would meander into a mature discussion thread, but for the most part they stayed in their own. The shift began during the presidential campaigns in 2008 really, when the already settled crowd, comfortable in their various niches after a sustained political climate of eight years, was confronted with a sudden change, a division emerged. When Obama won the election, that division widened ten fold.

The Republicans are sore over Obama being in office, and the Democrats can't stand to hear anything potentially negative about him. Well I don't remember anyone complaining so much when the Bush bashing was going strong. Where were the defenders of his policies and decisions and country-affecting Bills he was pushing? Scarce. It would seem that ATS, for as diverse a climate that it is, is not so evenly weighted in the political or religious arenas.

How can we expect things now to be just like they were, when we had the same dummy in office for two terms!? Now we have a new dummy, and we're all freaking out. It hasn't even been ONE year yet!!

[edit on 9-8-2009 by mostlyspoons]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mostlyspoons

Personally I voted independent.

I voted my conscience and not what I thought would be the winner or what the MSM was puking.

If everyone did what I did at the voting booth we would be moving forward as a nation.

this I have no doubt.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Invaded?

Seems that the more disagreeing that happens (this is a result of a bigger user-base) the more upset you get.

I look at it this way.

If there is one diamond in a large haystack, it will be hard finding it.

Well, with more people, there are now lets say 5 diamonds in 5 large haystacks.

Percentage wise it is the same, but the amount of BS itself just grows even faster (not based on percentages).

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder why we all help perpetuate the way ats is now I know im guilty and so are allot of us. perhaps we should all practice some due diligence and post in the above politics section, and than perhaps we can all get back to the mythical places we all once talked and debated about I miss those threads.

I think we all got caught up in politics and the user base was directing the site that way. Maybe above Politics Political Forums should be its own site; it is just a thought any way that is just my 2 cents for what it is worth.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Most of these zombies seem to be the hard Christian right

Thanks for a perfect example of what I'm getting sick of.
Name calling and pigeon holing.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle...

peace

[edit on 9-8-2009 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I believe this comes from an increasing sense of the lack of authority people have.

It's all in our heads eventually, but fear is something that motivates folks to the extreme.

It was like this leading up to the election as well.. it was crazy.. there was an entire new forum Decision 08 which was like one giant battleground.

I dunno... I get pulled into it myself sometimes.

I'd much rather talk about ancient civilizations and potential UFO sightings.

Although, I have to admit the Kenyan Birth Certificate thread was an exhilarating project of research for many, though that thread was also plagued by the political sniping and baiting.

To me ATS's great moments come in spikes. Remember the bigfoot thread last summer?

How about the 3 sightings plus documentation of UFO science hoax from 2006?

There have been some nice moments over the past...

But ya know what? Those threads also have something in common with the political baiting threads... high flag rates and high participation by the users involved. Although a much smaller section of users posting.

Anyway, I think with the smackdown mgmt put on it recently we will see a difference, at least until the next big thing.

keep in mind the healthcare bill is the biggest hot button since the election.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
if you hate it so much why are you still here? the door is wide open.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Most of these zombies seem to be the hard Christian right

Thanks for a perfect example of what I'm getting sick of.
Name calling and pigeon holing.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle...

peace

[edit on 9-8-2009 by silo13]

Read the rest of the OP and my other posts in this thread.

You took one line of what I said and took it out of context, so in a sense you did the same thing.

I am calling it for what it is. The extreme left is bad also. The extreme left has not handed our nations wealth to the elite though. The left has nearly ruined our moral compass. The extreme right has taken us off our natural course.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Since i started coming into this room for the second time some months ago i have seen some positive and negitive postings.I actually joined ATS four years ago under another profile name but for some reason i was locked out for three years.I posted my stories on another web site that was better and easyer to post stories.Now that web site has changed for the worst and i do not like that web site anymore.I guess everyone has there own opinions on different subjects no matter how wacky they are.You should believe what you feel you should believe what you want.There is the oppuntunity on this web site to post some intreasting stories and postings.Of course there are some things i cannot post on this web site.Have i learned much from this site.Some.I find some postings very funny at times and other postings contain some fantastic infomation.This web site is tame to some of the web sites i have seen.One web site i really found down right scary and believed it was being monitored by aliens.Its that feeling you get.This web site seems ok even if it feels like its being monitored by the goverment.We are not going to upset the goverment anyday soon are we now.Who cares about them anyway.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join