It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been invaded

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

sorry but i give credit where credit is due. I see people bring information time after time, and OF COURSE i missed some people, but my point is that people come around demanding how ats should be this, ats should be that, just because what they're reading doesn't suite them.
what i'm saying is people who don't contribute and yet still are able to complain are suspect.
btw your contribution is entirely based on something that doesn't, according to you, have any bearing.
If i haven't stated it before, then i will now.....please stop whining about what's on ats. Just like i tell my little sister not to whine about what's in the freezer when she never cooks...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

We are all part of God, we are all just collectively dreaming this reality so don't take everything so seriously.

You say this after you have, in your own words, "responded emotionally to a troll." Which in turn, admittedly, provokes an emotional response from me. Then you laugh about it. Then you tell me "peace?"

This thread is junk and now I *will* abandon it.

Jesus Christ, the answer to your query was given on page one. I guess that wasn't enough.

Let me ask though, when did you first "wet your whistle" in regards to this subject matter? Did you behave foolishly initially?
Probably so.

Well, this is where the others you gripe about are at now. And you are saying that they are "dragging you down?"

This is absurd. The increased traffic to this site is a good thing.
More people are being exposed to the truth.

Deal with it or don't. I don't care, but don't call out others who are trying to educate or BE educated!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Does this mean you won't give me a reading? C'mon, just intuit ONE THING about me. Surely a 'gifted' intuitive can do that? No BS, if can tell me one thing using your intuitive abilities that you couldn't glean from reading my posts. I'll believe your claim of being a gifted intuitive. Really!

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by insideNSA
exactly silo13!

actually this guy is so good, I don't know why he wastes his time as a firefighter when he could be applying his mastery of all things to more noble causes.

Edit to not respond emotionally to a troll.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by LoneGunMan]

Its more than an opinion...I am also a gifted intuitive, when I am not doing my duty as a Firefighter I do readings for people. The right wing movement is in this time for a reason. They are here at this time to bring the dark so we can see where the light is coming from.

A gifted intuitive! How did you determine you are gifted? Did you take some intuitive test which allows you to proclaim your cut above the rest of the average intuitives? Man oh man, why don't you give me a reading right now. I will be honest and tell you how correct you are, I promise! Or I bet you don't have time to do mine huh... DARN
i guess its back to Madam Cloey from the psychic friends network.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
So now you are going to blame Christians for this?
Let me guess... you are either Jewish or Atheist.
What could be your reason for blaming Christians?

Are you going to eat that last piece of chicken?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

I don't know about the water in Missouri.

Personally, I don't care HOW you come across.

So you dont admit this is you as another account?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0c6e77e6c41.jpg[/atsimg]

Because this person told me a long time ago he was from Missouri and it was a picture of him sitting on this rock.

Stop trolling. You lied once you have proven your character.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Does this mean you won't give me a reading? C'mon, just intuit ONE THING about me. Surely a 'gifted' intuitive can do that? No BS, if can tell me one thing using your intuitive abilities that you couldn't glean from reading my posts. I'll believe your claim of being a gifted intuitive. Really!

You love Rush Loosebawls.

You think Reagan was one of the best presidents that ever took office.

You hate abortionists.

It doesnt work like that my friend.

May you find peace in your world.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
wow, you DID take me up on the challenge. I wrote this post before I saw your response. But you are wrong on all of your intuited responses my friend. I smell a fraud.

the silence, in reference to this post is deafening. i expected you to ignore this post, because you can't answer it without exposing your false claim as being a 'gifted intuitive' who has insight beyond mere mortals. and thus you are exposed as a fraud. gifted intuitive you are not buddy.

also your logic is weak.

don't quite your day job, better stick to firefighting

ok, i've hammered you enough.

Stage Directions: LoneGunman exits stage left, whimpering with tail tucked beneath his hindquarters

exactly silo13!

actually this guy is so good, I don't know why he wastes his time as a firefighter when he could be applying his mastery of all things to more noble causes.

Edit to not respond emotionally to a troll.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by LoneGunMan]

Its more than an opinion...I am also a gifted intuitive, when I am not doing my duty as a Firefighter I do readings for people. The right wing movement is in this time for a reason. They are here at this time to bring the dark so we can see where the light is coming from.

A gifted intuitive! How did you determine you are gifted? Did you take some intuitive test which allows you to proclaim your cut above the rest of the average intuitives? Man oh man, why don't you give me a reading right now. I will be honest and tell you how correct you are, I promise! Or I bet you don't have time to do mine huh... DARN
i guess its back to Madam Cloey from the psychic friends network.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by insideNSA]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

JayinAR is my name. AR is the postal abbreviation for Arkansas.

In your thread, which was about something about a Golden Triangle in Missouri, I responded because, as I said, I am from just south of the Arkansas/Missouri border in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

I make no qualms about where I live. I have stated it time and again on this site.

I'm not lying.

Interesting how once someone says that they are done with a thread someone calls them a liar. Good thing I was keeping tabs on it. Wouldn't want people to think I am dishonest.

But thanks for the libel, 'firefighter'.

What an honorable man. Doing more of the same. Creating controversy in a thread meant to call out the same.

PS - And yeah, I created another account. I haven't made any secret about it. Hell, the name is precisely the same less the hyphens.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
My feelings exactly but unfortunately there is no way to turn back the clock. I recommend we be allowed to ignore as many ignorant people as we choose. That way I can filter out all the birther drones and the users who enjoy posting hoaxes to get everyone riled up.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
CUE STANDARD MOD SPEECH

Hi People,

Can we please hold off on the personal tit-for-tat stuff.

Attack the post - not the poster

Its not what you say - its how you say it that matters.

A rolling stone gathers no moss...okay maybe not this one...but you know what I'm saying.

Lets keep it clean.

Cheers,
ALIEN

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
My feelings exactly but unfortunately there is no way to turn back the clock. I recommend we be allowed to ignore as many ignorant people as we choose. That way I can filter out all the birther drones and the users who enjoy posting hoaxes to get everyone riled up.

Agreed.

It's amazing how many malcontents show up, add nothing constructive, and in trollish fashion spew out hate like a cannon and not even get slapped with a warning.

No worries though because im certain someone is keeping score in the end.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

Filters for user names? Oh for crying out loud, this place isn't as bad as 4chan. If you don't like a user or his/her content, all you have to do is click the back button and get out of the thread, not like what some other people do and argue excessively for page after page.

It's pretty evident to me that ATS has received a lot of new people since the election, both ignorant and stupid. When I first came here, ATS used to be a place where original, creative, and thought-provoking content was posted on a daily basis. Now, I see repeats of certain talking points, countless doomsday threads, and some things which I believe should be in BTS but are full of so many pages of empty gab that I just don't care -- all of which seeming to have a certain clique of users that respond in a certain fashion.

Then again, it's possible we are seeing everything here through nostalgia goggles. Did people on ATS from 2004 see ATS in 2005 as going downhill? Or those in 2005 to 2006? If we are all complaining now, how much are we going to be complaining in 2010 or 2011? It makes me wonder.

[edit on 8/10/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by carnival_of_souls2047

Malcontents? Spewing Hate?

Hell, this thread started off great. Funny as heck.
And now that it has progressed into some sort of danged witch hunt for people who are bringing this great website down the ones who are defending the site itself are in the wrong?

BS. And that is why there haven't been any warnings! It is because this thread is screwed up.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

AHEM!

Nice polite SECOND Mod request:

- Keep it focussed on the post, not the poster.

- Keep it on-topic.

Any THIRD request will be a doozey.

Cheers,
ALIEN

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Just a thought but perhaps this invasion of ATS by the political right and the political left is a good thing if…

Those of us who know better and aren’t trapped by the left/right paradigm and propaganda brainwashing machine keep on keeping on by trying to wake these people up and lift them out of the trap.

They came here for a reason to argue politics in one of the most carefully watched elections with one of the largest turnouts in a long time.

They came here because they are scared, the came here because they wanted to fight for something, but most of all they came here wanting to be heard thinking that what they have to say should be heard, because it could make a difference and the world a better place.

Yet it’s clear most of them have no idea what really goes on in the world, or who is responsible for much of what goes in the world, and why and what for, and how.

We have been blessed with an abundance of what are essentially lost souls, slaves to a system, sometimes systems that they have little recollection they are slaves too, or how detrimental their enslaving belief systems are to them and the rest of the world.

It presents a challenge and it presents an opportunity.

Some of us are here on the quest for more knowledge and sources of information (ideally all of us). Some of us are here for sheer entertainment. Some of us are here to confuse other people. Some of us are here to cull information, trends, temperatures and pulses, and some of us are here to not just learn but to teach what we are learning and have learned by sharing it with others.

Sure we are sometimes ridiculed by skeptics and those who are just looking for entertainment. Sure some of us are drowned out in the endless political and partisan and sometimes national and religious debates and wrongly cast into parties we don’t belong to, religions we don’t belong to, movements we don’t belong to, and racial groups we don’t belong to, and it can be frustrating and tedious.

Yet some of us are making an impact, I have seen some right wing republicans really open their eyes from things they have been exposed to on this site and change, and still are changing, I have seen some left wing liberals really open their eyes in the same manner and also change.

Yes there are going to be some lost causes, but we all have an opportunity to share with these people, and help these people learn, and help their perspectives change, and their attitudes along with them.
Remember some of these people are bound to this right/left illusion as deeply as any of us might be to a spouse, or a child, or a deity or a pet. It frames their reality it comforts them in life and there really are 7 steps of grieving and loss they have to go through as they are separated from that illusion and exposed to a deeper and broader and more accurate version of reality.

I think it’s safe to say we are all concerned about the direction the world is heading in. No single one of us can save it or change it, but each one of us can help save it by saving one person at a time and changing their false perception of reality one person at a time.

Eventually we will hit critical mass, but only if we all put in a full and honest effort.

No one who is serious about helping the world should leave the site.

It’s a battle royal, the future of our world is at stake, and it all boils down to which leaders and wish ideologies can win the most hearts and minds to their nefarious ends.

We have an opportunity to deny the despots, tyrants and warmongers and criminal cabals of the world hearts and minds, by helping to open people’s hearts and minds.

I honestly feel we should all be engaged in that endeavor, it’s our best chance, and it’s our last chance.

Do a check up from the neck up, try to keep your personal problems and frustrations from seeping into your posts and realize that persistence can wear out resistance.

We can win this fight!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I know..I havent been here as long as alot of you, lurking yes, posting no. I have seen many changes in topics, etc here.
Also, Ive seen many changes in our "world" lately.

There seems to be more suicides, more murder more depression, amongst everyone. I didnt make that up, its in the news..not just MSM, but everywhere, even my local news.

Maybe topics here, and answers here reflect what people are feeling, I dont know, Im not an expert, but its just a feeling I get. People are frustrated, people are mad, people are SCARED!

I know tonite, I just pretty much quit my job for awhile due to frustration. I work for myself..so to tell my boss to take this job and shove it, didnt really get it.
But honestly, there seems to be a ..god how to describe it, a tightness? A, rubber band ready to snap? I see it everywhere lately..people are short tempered, depressed, anxious, MAD. How long before the dam breaks?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join