It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been invaded

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+149 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I have been on these boards for over four years now and I am getting so I cant stand to read anything here anymore.

This used to be the best site on the net for me. It had like minded people and enough skeptics to keep it all fun and interesting.

Since the last election though it has been simply invaded by the [politically-charged insult removed].

It is not only not the same but every thread that has a slight political bend gets this flood of these [politically-charged insult removed] spewing the [politically-charged insult removed] the corporate think tanks want them to. I want my old ATS back. The place that I came to in order to get the information and balanced discussion of thinking people.

Most of these [politically-charged insult removed] seem to be the hard [politically-charged insult removed] that have ruined almost everything in our country and let the corporations do what they want since the 80's. They are like a plague in our nation and now they are infecting ATS.
:shk:

Politically-charged insults removed, and member warned.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

Ex

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It is getting so boring, the name calling and utter insults
if one disagrees with another.

Starred & Flagged for honesty!

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
You know what is going to be said?

Rise above it. Make ATS the place you want it to be. If you can't, don't let the door hit ya'.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I am betting the new rules implemented today that are against exactly what you have issue with... ( I agree) will do a great good on cutting back on a lot of that.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
lack of policing and TOS reinforcements.

if you scroll all the way down, you will see a little white banner with a rank number. the smaller that number gets, the crazier it will get around here.
it's like a drug. i'll just leave it at that.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You've got that right!

It's easy to ignore them on ATS but it's hard to ignore what they have done to our country out in the real world.

Star and flag for you.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The irony of it all. When ATS was smaller and less well known it seems that the conversations were smarter and held honest opinions.

The larger and potentially more influential it has become, the less worthy it has become of that influence due to the influence of the more numerous detractors of dubious intention.

... but the battle goes on.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Religion and guns - oxymoron for sure!

When you ask a "god fearing" anything why they need a gun - wouldn't their *insert religious prophet here* be against such a thing? That's when they tell you it's their law to kill for their god - wtf?!

Also the people who still believe in duality flock here - Democrat/Republican Right/Left so on and on...

When anyone asks me what I am - I tell them I am everything, just as they are - most people are baffled it is that easy!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

And this is just the nature of humanity.

Individually, humans can be extremely insightful. In large numbers, humans are extremely insane.

But in the interest of business, which is what this is, there is a balance that I'm quite sure is extremely difficult to maintain. On one hand you want more traffic to bring in bright minds, but on the other you are also bringing in people who simply aren't.

And let us not forget guys, a lot of this is stuff that is run in by the Government. I'll guarantee that.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Without pointing blame I am right there with you. I've only been here for a year and I've seen the dramatic change myself. I certainly see a mimicking almost verbatim with the MSM here on ATS. Maybe it is a national outbreak of the Mockingbird Avian Influenza Virus?

The thing that bothers me most about these MSM Mockingbirds is that they won't argue the points. They only regurgitate the same arguments they just watched on TV. They don't argue your own points, and they either can't or won't defend their own points. They just repeat over and over the same thing, encouraged by the number of stars their alternate accounts and other Mockingbirds give them. There lack of desire or inability to either argue point for point or defend their position only proves that they are unable to think for themselves and are just unwitting tools to someone smarter than they are.

However, I agree with the above poster who suggested that the best way to deal with it is to not get involved with it. If the Mockingbirds derail your thread on UFOs by getting into a MSM verbatim discussion on Birth Certificates, just ignore it, even when dozens of other supposed accounts support them. Make ATS what you want it to be. Lead, follow or get out of the way...and it sounds to me like you would rather lead than follow any way.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

You said :
lack of policing and TOS reinforcements.

Sheeeeshh !!!

More police and enforcement ... brilliant ...

Maybe the board just should petition Obama for a piece of that billion-bucks they just cut loose for more police nationwide ...

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
You know what is going to be said?

Rise above it. Make ATS the place you want it to be. If you can't, don't let the door hit ya'.

LOL Jay... you know, huge numbers of haters and beyond lately and yeah some people with some really dumb ideas...

I have a bud who recently started to look around and he has some ideas I find so stupid I get honestly physically ill when listening to them...

But in time...

People have no choice but to learn or get gone or get their butts intellectually handed to them...

And

I never mind taking out the trash or lighting it on fire... and I give the trash it's own choice which ever it likes

People DO come here and become enlightened...

What complaining amounts to is...

NOOB BASHING

and this is ATS not a WOW forum and ...it just isn't productive to beat on people because... at least some for them are getting into the mix, they will learn, they will see or they will leave in denial sooner or later...

So I say let it lay

It's a Journey not a destination...

Learning STARTS somewhere

what people are really complaining about is over years going from: Student to Teacher

rejection of the role... lacking the patience to sort through and find the good ones...

Site needs new people, getting people talking is what matters most... in time the cream like everything else will rise to the top.

It's good in the long run to have infusion, brings the site money, brings up some new minds...

Your not going to get better or much better than 1 in 100

sad but true

But...

Look at it like mining for GOLD... One gold Nugget out of 100 is pretty good... your not going to get that without sorting through the rubble and the other 99 dirty pebbles lol

and maybe

maybe with a bit of patience... you polish off a few diamonds in the rough from the mess...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

I certainly see a mimicking almost verbatim with the MSM here on ATS.

I would almost be willing to bet the farm that we see this because people feel that they NEED to contribute something. Damned flag contribution level bar and points system!

What happens is people search and search through the headlines hoping to beat others here to the punch in bringing it here in hopes for flags.

Ergo, we parrot the MSM.

It is a simple fix, but there are yet OTHER people who feel that they need to be placed somehow ABOVE newer posters.

Not saying that we should abandon bringing MSM stories here, but that they should be thoughtful in approach.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I've said it once, now twice: I like my 'Flag' bar the way it is!!

Some seem to think full Blue is a status symbol....I think of mine as Platinum, with a touch of Sapphire for decoration....

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

People have no choice but to learn or get gone or get their butts intellectually handed to them...

This is precisely true, as is the rest of your post. I remember about 10 years ago (sheesh, has it been that long) when I started coming to websites and chatrooms like these (not this one mind you) and I thought I had it all figured out.

I would come in and try to tell everyone how it really was and ended up shocked when time after time I was flatout wrong.
It still happens.

Over time you learn to tone it down and listen to the other side.

As you said, you have to begin somewhere.

At least they're beginning on the best site on the web.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
LOL

Yeah... is that all that stuff I skim over and ignore?

There could be more MSM type posts in here than Mc Donalds has caused strokes and heart attacks and... I'd still laugh at the tripe and throw my own unique brand of goods out...

This is a main reason I see TPTB on the verge of losing the whole fight

I reflect it allot in regards to controlling the Internet.

But I'll say it in regards to THE BIG PICTURE

By all means spend Billions and Trillions trying to influence the masses lol

Even go so far as to intentionally infect sites like this and others...even MY OWN lol... with as many sheep as they like...

When they day is done...

I'll be standing there the happy freak I am, not sick, not mentally defeated and ...nothing, lol nothing will make me stupid sans a bullet in the head...

That just makes a man a Hero lol

Rich old men should go bankrupt trying to control the world

and young men should get rich trying to stop them

That is as it always was and always will be

[edit on 9-8-2009 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I've got solid platinum.

(And right about now the OP is saying: "See this CRAP is what I'm on about!)

But it is just like what Mopus said. Noob Bashing.

In a round about way.

And as far back as I've been here (which isn't very long, but long enough to notice a trend) these threads pop up from time to time.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Everyone has their own theories. If someone is following an outlined path , by following their own theories. Leave them be. We are all here for a reason.

Just because you have faith in something other than a higher power(well, hopefully) doesnt mean you have to spread your slanderous blasphemy. I dont appreciate the way you have now attached a generalized title to the Christians, and other children of god (individuals that have CHoSeN where they would like their faith to be placed in).

Im not trying to be crude, so sorry if i come off that way.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Surely I have given enough for people to ignore! Damnit!!!

But you are exactly correct. All they can do is waste their energy. At the end of the day this whole thing was a game.

Game Over?

Oh well, what is the next one?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

I certainly see a mimicking almost verbatim with the MSM here on ATS.

I would almost be willing to bet the farm that we see this because people feel that they NEED to contribute something. Damned flag contribution level bar and points system!

What happens is people search and search through the headlines hoping to beat others here to the punch in bringing it here in hopes for flags.

Ergo, we parrot the MSM.

I never considered that. The dramatic change did seem to occur around the same time as the Flag Contribution change on ATS. I think you could be very much right in your assessment of the real root cause here at ATS.

Although I don't plan on getting the H1N1 Influenza Immunization, I am thinking that I'm going to go and get my Mockingbird Avian Influenza Immunization and burn my Flag Contributions in the process to protest.

I don't know about the OP, but your explanation has renewed my vigour.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join