It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I really feel this way?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaPan
reply to post by ldyserenity

Hi.

Still reading the thread.

But the way you describe is how i sometimes feel and i'm sure many identify also.

Modern life will do that to you.

I meditate etc and have efficient means of self analysis and transposing negative to positive, i have to because with me negative energies are destructive on a few levels.

Of course you have a perfect right to feel how you do and how you feel is correct in regards of your emotional self, it shouldn't be a case of whether others think you are correct to think such or not.

One of the things we do in modern life is we lose our grounding to nature, the vibrations of nature are very important to us as individuals whether one realises this or not, we are all born to the planet and resonate the same energies, this also happens to us from the gentle influences of other planets etc as in Astrology but that's different to nature itself.

If you can, i'd do yourself a favour and grab a tent and a sleeping bag, some provisions etc, then go to a forest area not frequented by people much if at all for a while, mountainous areas are good as well.

Bring a half decent telescope and do some sky watching.

It will do you the world of good, energise your spiritual self and you will feel much more balanced and at one with nature and the world.

Paxus.

YEs this is exactly what I need a retreat from being bombarded with these negative energies constantly, that's why I stated it's like a disease a sickness that spreads...because everybody is general is bombarded with these things and sometimes it afects the person's inner being and they become one more.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
MODS: Please shut down this thread...if nobody's going to take the time to read the entire posts including what I have added to the OP, I think it should be shut down, it's only 11 pages and peaople can't read All of it, and I am the pathetic one...pssssssssshhhh yeah right!

[edit on 11-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist

So you want sympathy?

If you truly wanted the world to end, you wouldn't be telling "us" these things.

We don't hold the answer you are looking for though, you are.

No I don't
read all the thread.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW

Try being in your mid 30's, owning a failing business, and going to a EMT class(thinking of a new field since you have no 'formal education') after having all your former career certifications being taken away......and walking into a class where nobody is above 21 years old....feeling like a complete loser because you have to start life over....realizing that in this country 35 is considered out of touch....and walking out of the class within the first 5 minutes to try your home based business with a different approach.....and having every minute of every day feeling like this country, the government, people, life in general....is sucking the soul out of you.

That on top of running out of money, no time for friends because you're too busy surviving, no woman for moral support to speak of, watching all the people around you lose jobs while people that can't speak a lick of english excel at God knows what and for God knows why. Watching intelligent Americans and Middle class people who have great potential, being thrown to the side in favor of cheap dumbed down 'labor forces'(cough cough that's politically correct for illegal immigrants). Having everything you worked for near gone, watching all your talent disappear because your so busy fighting the 'system' and wondering why you fight anymore.

So do I know how you feel? Is your outlook 'wrong'??? Hmm lemme think. No, welcome to the new reality of the Age of Contradiction. That's what I call this new era.

Now get out there and smile for the camera citizen.

I am in my mid 30's actually almost over the middle and have no job. But, I am going to write so I will keep on writing and maybe get published so poo on those who said some of the things they posted here.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
i wasn't going to say anything. so much for that idea huih. i just have a
question first off, if you respond, i'll probly have more. you've generated
an above average response w/ this thread. i'd say around 97% pos
reaction, from people who know what you are going through and simpathising w/ you. as far as i can tell genuine in thier articles.
how does this make you feel ?
not trying to analyse you,or pick your brain .just the short answer.
a few words or just one.
how do you feel about the fact that people can actually give crap
about you, when they havn't ever even met you?

It's restored my faith.
That is what I really needed actually, and for those reading to help out some child whom they know may be going through this or help a bully learn compassion, whatever...get the word out.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
I sometimes feel this way myself. People going on about how righteous they are, but not giving a flying eff about anything but their own problems. People saying how terrible their life is and how they want it to end.

But, I think there is a social disease spread among humans (and I don't mean an STD
) that causes people to be so cruel and miserable.

I think deep down people want to be happy but are just so freaking propagandized and put down.

There you said it, that's what My major point That I wa trying to make.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Boy, do I ever relate to where you are coming from! I have rid myself of so-called friends for the last 2 decades of my life - and for a reason. I, too, see very little of the 'good' in people now days.

For the last 2 decades I have been doing what I believe I was suppose to do. I got alot closer to the ones that raised me - mom & dad - and saw that they needed me in their lives. I pulled away from those people (friends) that seemed to do nothing but bring an enormous amount of DRAMA into my life and got back to the basics.....FAMILY.

Dad passed 2 years ago and, now, I live with mom and I love the relationship we have. She needs someone who really cares about her around..........so she can continue to live and somewhat enjoy the remaining years of her life. I am content with being here for her.

I have no more time for all the people out there who only think of themselves first and most do, you know? I am tired of all the manipulation and mind games that have always seemed to accompany building those relationships with others and will not give it any more of my time. The only real realtionships I care to be a part of today is with my mother and my God. That is it and I am quite happy with this way of thinking....

Basically, I SEE ALOT OF STUPID PEOPLE!!!! Wrapped up in their own little worlds and what they can do for themselves at the expense of whatever or whomever. Simple consideration of others is almost non exsistant - IMO. An example is such things as just parking within the parking lines of the apartment parking lot where I live.

Our car is not much, but it is all we have. And, it is more of a necessity than a luxury. People have parked so out of the lines that I have not been able to open the driver door to get in the damn thing! They just do not care about how their actions may affect those around them. We decided to spend $20/monthly on an assigned, covered space because of this. Now I do not have to deal with the stupid people, but I still get to walk by and see how they act and do not care about those around them.

This may sound like a dumb example, but it is just a very small tip of the iceberg - so to speak. For some reason, it matters to me how I park my car (using just 1 space instead of 2).....how much noise I make and how it might cause others to feel. It is called being considerate. That's all! But most of the people in the world today have no consideration for others. Just as long as they can do what they want and act as they want to act. It is disgusting and I understand as I, basically, hate people, too!!

Our society is extremely ill. Thus the reason I plan on bugging out when my dear mother is gone......I am tired of living from pay check to check. Just to pay bills to live until the next pay day! I am tired of conforming to what this society has become - living check to check. And, in alot of ways, I do not comform. I say what I think and on any given day, if you pass me outside my apartment, you can hear me talking out loud - to no one in particular - about all the stupid people!! When the time comes and someone hears me and cares to reply they will get an earful - especially if they are one of the ones I am speaking about!!

I am neither unhappy or happy with the way things are in the world around me today. I am just sickened by it and those who chose to do nothing differently.

There are issues about what is happening in our country today that most people care less about, That's why I like ATS. There are people here that know what is happening and are ready to leave and defend what is left of the Constitution - when the time comes. Most people I see daily have no clue and could care less as long as they can park their damn car any ole way, play their music as loud as they want at 11 pm, throw there beers cans off their patios, and live like animals!!

So, serenity, I understand!! It seems I have been standing up for who I am since the early 1970's. Not going into details, but our government labelled me as an undesireable then - because I stood up to them - and, today?? I am considered a 'domestic terrorist' because of my beliefs!

So stand for what you believe in. And find like thinking people to get to know. The hell with all the others that are so pathetic all they can do is try to put you down and keep you down. I, personally, have no time for them and when tshtf most of them will perish, be enemies of the spirit of the Constitution, or in lockups across our country - my plan does not include being with any of them!!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
You keep referring to yourself, your character, your lack of motivation. Stop for a second. Thing about your character, your character is something you are, not have been. You can change that. Your motivation is something that comes from desire for the future, not from the past.

Figure out what you want in life, and go and get it.

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't be bothered to change it. CHANGE YOURSELF.

I suggest listening to Tony Robbins talk about ROCKY on youtube. AMAZING STORY.

Nobody gifted of life has a right to moan. There is always someone worse off than you.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well, I'm signing off this thread now, people took it out of context and gotten me to the point of aggravation.
All I have to say is Treat your children well, tell them how to be a decent HUMAN instead of how to MAKE themselves a decent LIVING.
Treat others with respect and dignity because you never know what you have done to a person with such a simple thing as your words.
Try some compassion and empathy for everybody not choose who is deserving of it, because that's half of the problem with society.

Remember those things but based on some of these responses, I am shooting a fart in the wind...so ADIOS to this thread...be well and self righteous if that's your defense in this world, but I ain't gotta listen to it!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Id just like to say to all the people who thought they were helping by telling the OP she was looking for sympathy etc, THINK about how other people are feeling before you respond.

This woman was obviously feeling a little down as we all do sometimes, so why not say something to pick her up! Have some empathy about the state she was in when she wrote this post. We have all been here and attacking her and showing her pics of dying children is not going to make her feel better.

The crazy part is that the people who responded in the before mentioned manner, most of them, really thought they were helping the OP. Thats great you went out of your way to try and help someone, but putting yourself in her shoes before you responded might have done some more good than just reacting and not thinking about her feelings.

The next time you have a tough day, would you want someone yelling at you saying you were just looking for sympathy and to get over yourself?

Come on ATS we are better than that.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Just sounds like another person that doesn't want to hear the truth, I wrote a few pages back you never responded whatever. Your story is constantly contradicted in all of your posts and to call yourself 30 something is laughable since you ended your life story at going to college. Keep on spreading those lies and you wonder why people don't give a crap.

Also I doubt 30 somethings are that involved in Facebook and KidsSpace.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

I ended there because of space, anyway, I thought I did respond to you but can't remember; there were so many posts and I was having difficulty with my internet connection...beleive me I could fill a book, but I chose to stop there as I didn't want to drag it all out. I don't recall your post I'll have to go back and check it out. Yes I was irritated when I started the thread and As I stated in another post, if you'd bothered reading it, I went to a cleansing ritual to release negativity the day before the post was made and I think that this is the way it worked, odd as it my seem, to get it out of my system. It was something I guess that needed to be done. As for facebook and myspace, my 60 some odd year old uncle also has one so what? That's how some families keep in touch with those that have grown and moved to other areas of the country and it's cheaper than calling and faster than snail mail, but I suppose there are some that are still stuck in the 18th century and don't use the social networks, I was using it to keep contact with family, all the "Other people" decided to add me, I really want nothing to do with them. So I informed my family how to contact me by other means, email for instance. So beleive whatever you want. That's no sweat off my back. HAHAHA.

Edit to add: How is my story contradicted in any way shape or form?

[edit on 12-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Quit feeling sorry for yourself, the whole fact that you've lived your life this way is the reason your the way you are. I believe people don't change, if your meant to be a rapist you'll be one just like if your meant to be a underachiever you'll be one. Clearly the fact that this happened to you seconds my point, your parents seemed to have just cause to feel disgraced by you and to tell you your not going to do anything in a major college, I cut class more then a third of the years through 11th and 12th grade and still passed in the top third of my class. My parents told me the same thing, I'm successful and it has nothing to do with them, it's got everything to do with me. If you can't stand up for yourself no one will. So like you've heard so much in your life crawl into that hole because in the long run all you have is yourself and if thats your decision no one else will care.

Not trying to be harsh just realistic and feeling sorry for yourself is clearly getting you no where, you want something get it, you want nothing then don't. You are what makes you and if people see that your not going to take anyone's crap they'll start to respect you. If you let everyone walk all over you well.... then they'll just continue to do that.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by NoJoker13]

I did finish high school. I don't care if you think I am an under achiever, because I have a whole armed force that could tell you that I Am very much a fine achiever... I was in the ARMY and did just fine there was at the top of the class there as a matter of fact. I was in the medical field, but it just wasn't for me in the long run. I could have done just fine, but I didn't have the passion for it. My passion is in writing, of course it's taken me years to figure that out, and a lot of getting over the fear of rejection of what I have written, but I have written some short stories here on ATS and have gotten positive feedback. It has helped me be more confident in my writing. And Yeah I still got A's and B's in HS even while cutting. In my school, however, if you missed over a certain number of days you wouldn't get the top of the class recognition, but yeah I have myself to blame for that....and BTW I also was honor roll student all through grade school and started the 9th grade in honors classes...So I am not an underachiever. And my daughter and son also starting 9th grade this year honors, I think that's called good genetics.

spelling

Oh I forgot to add I like your avatar, It scared my daughter.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewise1
Dude if you are so sick of people then commit suicide and damn your self to hell, since you think your life is so bad!

There are people WAY MORE WORSE OFF THAN YOU!
and they probably have a better attitude about life than your pathetic a@#!

I lost my only child a 7 yr old son 6 yrs ago! and I'm not bitter!

go to africa and starve for a week, then you might appreciate america and your life you maggot of a human!

If I really wanted to, I would, and there would be no Hell hell doesn't exist, it's a tool to keep children in line....you are still a child...I have grown out of that beleif I know that nobody would ever be damned to hell because they decided life was not what they expected or wanted, however they may have to come back and do it all over again, but no Loving God would damn any of his children to hell for eternity. Myth Busted.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
i went through years of depression after my father was murdered 7 years ago. I went through terrible times, alcoholism, lonliness, broken relationships, job loss and then I tried to kill myself. I do know that when a soul is in a dark place it is terrible beyone belief. i honestly believe tho that the dark times make the light times I have now even lighter... when I am happy I really appreciate it. you cant appreciate the sun without the rain. It took years for me to recover. I still have up and downs but I do the best I can... to love myself.
i will send out healing thoughts to you..
love and light

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You know, honestly, I completely understand where you are coming from. I must say that until you realize that about 90% of all of the people you encounter, relatives or not, are idiots, you will never be able to cope.

Instead of putting so much emphasis on what others think and say about you, you should focus on what you say and think about yourself. I am here to tell you, apparently, you have little use for yourself, so you cannot rightly expect others to have any use for you.

I guarantee you, all of those people who said or did harmful things to you do not remember doing or saying them. You know why? It meant nothing. It was just bull#. Until you figure that out, you won't be happy, nor will anyone else around you.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

It's restored my faith
i for one am glad your feeling better kid. don.t let 'em get you down again. i mean just as a human being in the here and now. you have every right to be here, and to persue a happy life . so just do that.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantherstar
i went through years of depression after my father was murdered 7 years ago. I went through terrible times, alcoholism, lonliness, broken relationships, job loss and then I tried to kill myself. I do know that when a soul is in a dark place it is terrible beyone belief. i honestly believe tho that the dark times make the light times I have now even lighter... when I am happy I really appreciate it. you cant appreciate the sun without the rain. It took years for me to recover. I still have up and downs but I do the best I can... to love myself.
i will send out healing thoughts to you..
love and light

Thank you pantherstar. I was just really aggravated when I made the OP, mostly, perhaps I should've waited to Post after I cooled down.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Thank you Randy and speaker. It's me I gotta make happy not everybody else!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join